Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deontre Hardwick

Started by MH04, April 05, 2014, 07:32:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MH04

A lot of people are saying that he committed today. His coach denied the rumors, but he's comfirmed his commitment multiple times on his twitter.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2433938/deontre-hardwick

razorJAcker

Quote from: MH04 on April 05, 2014, 07:32:21 pm
A lot of people are saying that he committed today. His coach denied the rumors, but he's comfirmed his commitment multiple times on his twitter.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2433938/deontre-hardwick

This is very odd.  The kid has confirmed his commitment several times, but RD says his coach says that he's not committed.  Doesn't make any sense.

trphog

2016  - ILB. Sign him up

The Recruiting Guy

He is NOT a commitment. I do not expect an offer in the near future. Maybe down the road but not now.

Kenny Hawgins

I haven't checked his twitter but, assuming it's true, do you know why he'd be saying he's committed?
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 05, 2014, 10:43:27 pm
I haven't checked his twitter but, assuming it's true, do you know why he'd be saying he's committed?

I did check his Twitter messages and although there were a lot of people congratulating him, I didn't see where he came out and said "I have committed to the University of Arkansas." I think (pure speculation) what happened was he talked to some coaches, he was told that they wanted him (but not an offer) and he told them that he would commit to the UofA if/when they offer.
He was at the practice with Dean. Remember that Jared Cornelius got a non-commitable offer from LSU. Could be the same thing at this moment, with a commitable offer to follow, providing he meets the requirements. He is a 2016 athlete, so that is still a lot of classes to take and an ACT to pass.

Just my thoughts.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

SemperFi

Regardless of the current debate, the young man plays violently and at 6'1" 230lbs has the size to play ILB. I hope that he ends up a Razorback.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: FlyFisher on April 06, 2014, 07:44:29 am
Regardless of the current debate, the young man plays violently and at 6'1" 230lbs has the size to play ILB. I hope that he ends up a Razorback.

One of his relatives lives three houses down from me. Should I go knock and ask?

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: bigrod155 on April 06, 2014, 07:52:11 am
One of his relatives lives three houses down from me. Should I go knock and ask?

If you do end up hearing the story, I'd be interested to hear. With that said, I am going to take RD's word on this one. He sounds like he is in the know.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

ricepig

Depends, do they like each other?

Wildhog

Big time in-state LB...I'm sure we'll wait for a few other schools to offer first.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

LL COOL HOG

SemperFi

I trust RD, but if you have a way of confirming via family ties then by all means.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

LL COOL HOG

My neighbor and classmate of Northside class of 1994 was not available. But Deontre's cousin, another classmate of 1994. Would not give up any info. He knows something but it sounds like the family is staying quiet. He did say that Deontre has been getting letters from all over.

He also said that Deontre used to be called "Mr. Ambulance" because he was always a hard hitter. He would hurt older kids while playing at the Boy's club.

MH04

This would be a great way to start off the 2016 class! Actual commitment or not, it's good to have an in state kid who's obviously excited about the hogs especially from NWA

bobcat ball

Quote from: Wildhog on April 06, 2014, 09:49:10 am
Big time in-state LB...I'm sure we'll wait for a few other schools to offer first.

Comments like this are just ignorant.
WOO PIG

lefty08

im sure you have been told this before but there is a reason Arkansas waits to sign in state kids. Its the same reason we offer kids in Texas before in state schools do, and the same reason we offer Miss. kids before ole miss does. Get educated or get out. statements like this are so stupid
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Wildhog

I love homer fans, I really do.
1909/1964/1965/1977

bobcat ball

As opposed to ignorant fans.

Your previous post was just that ignorance!!!
WOO PIG

Wildhog

Quote from: bobcat ball on April 06, 2014, 08:26:16 pm
As opposed to ignorant fans.

Your previous post was just that ignorance!!!

You should really know better. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

bobcat ball

WOO PIG

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on April 06, 2014, 08:29:56 pm
You should really know better. 

Got much drag on the line?

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Grizzlyfan

In recruiting jargon you can't "commit" if you don't have an offer.  There is no official offer yet.  the kid is basically saying when the offer comes, I plan to play for Arkansas.  Now we'll see if that holds up when the heavy recruiting starts. 

CDBHawg

Big-time?

Who all does he hold offers from?

Wildhog

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 07, 2014, 09:16:57 am
Big-time?

Who all does he hold offers from?

Oh, now you'll bash the kid. 

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 07, 2014, 08:54:45 am
In recruiting jargon you can't "commit" if you don't have an offer.  There is no official offer yet.  the kid is basically saying when the offer comes, I plan to play for Arkansas.  Now we'll see if that holds up when the heavy recruiting starts. 

I'm pretty sure you can, it doesn't get you anywhere, but lots of kids report offers they don't have.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on April 07, 2014, 09:18:57 am
Oh, now you'll bash the kid.

Not at all. I'm asking a question.

You said he was big time. I was wondering who all offered.

Or you may have been just babbling.

Grizzlyfan

He is a 2016 graduate.  The kid is a stud, but he's not the football equivalent of Malik Monk.  The hype will come later this year if he blows up his junior season.  He definitely has the physical tools.   

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 07, 2014, 10:11:24 am
He is a 2016 graduate.  The kid is a stud, but he's not the football equivalent of Malik Monk.  The hype will come later this year if he blows up his junior season.  He definitely has the physical tools.   

Lord knows we need an in-state LB that is going to be really good. Hopefully, he turns out that way, and wants to be a Hog.

onebadrubi

Yeah just like we did with mctelvin algim.  Oh wait...

kingofdequeen

Quote from: ricepig on April 06, 2014, 08:33:32 pm
Got much drag on the line?

this is funny.

Quote from: Wildhog on April 06, 2014, 08:40:40 pm
More than I expected.

this is funnier, but for a different reason.

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 07, 2014, 12:10:09 pm
Yeah just like we did with mctelvin algim.  Oh wait...

Guess I missed where Agim was a LB.  Thanks for the enlightenment.
1909/1964/1965/1977