Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone go to practice today?

Started by Mike_e, April 05, 2014, 01:50:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: locusbug on April 06, 2014, 01:55:54 pm

...I predict, barring injuries, BA, AA, Derby. Rafe will be red shirted. I have no clue as to what will happen with Duwop.

Duwop needs many more reps to be a part of the 3 deep at QB. With Ty Storey coming next year it would be beneficial to try Duwop at safety. Very good athlete and a little erratic at QB.

" GO HOGS "

Hawgon

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 06, 2014, 02:13:43 pm
I totally 100% agree. If he is a viable back up then either A...we are back to Nutt era throwing QB's(minus Stoerner) or B...we were spoiled under BP.

No way Jose should Derby even be in competition for the backup spot ahead of AA or RP.

The more and more I think about it all the "we will be so much better or I was at practice and our WR's and DB's look SO much better"...blah blah blah the more angry I become. I have heard this garbage over and over about DB's for the last 5 years. I now feel this way about WR's, QB's and LB's. I will believe progress when I see it.

I am no longer buying all the positive propaganda and getting my hopes up....again. I am keeping a open mind and hoping to see actual improvement during real games and not in scrimmages. Sorry....had to vent a little.

Close your mind, remove all doubt of suckitude.  That way, the burn of disappointment won't be so bad. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MorrellHog on April 06, 2014, 02:33:48 pm
Duwop needs many more reps to be a part of the 3 deep at QB. With Ty Storey coming next year it would be beneficial to try Duwop at safety. Very good athlete and a little erratic at QB.

" GO HOGS "

Or maybe CBB just runs him off like he did BM! <sarcasm off>  ;D

Hopefully Duwop wants to be on the field and is willing to play any position to do so.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Danny J

Quote from: locusbug on April 06, 2014, 02:20:18 pm
Even if he has improved?

My guess is they started the Spring with the depth chart from the end of the season. AA is making his move per CBB. Which is not bad considering we have had what 6 or 7 practices? I believe going into the Fall camp AA will be #2 and big brother better watch his back.  ;D
I hope that is the case. I have nothing against him and would love nothing more than him to become a solid #2 but as mentioned before I will believe it when I see it and I am in no way expecting it.

Danny J

Quote from: Hawgon on April 06, 2014, 02:39:09 pm
Close your mind, remove all doubt of suckitude.  That way, the burn of disappointment won't be so bad.
That is pretty much what I am doing. I am expecting us to be better record-wise but by only a couple of games. If we finish any worse then that I will be extremely disappointed.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 06, 2014, 02:39:54 pm
I hope that is the case. I have nothing against him and would love nothing more than him to become a solid #2 but as mentioned before I will believe it when I see it and I am in no way expecting it.

I can understand that as the poor kid stunk it up last year. Hopefully he said "never again will I be that bad." Having said that I do want to see our two young talents begin to move upward in the depth chart.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

IBleedRazorbackRed

If derby is still number 2 on August 30, then I'll be a little concerned. AA has to earn the backup spot and he will before it's all over

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: locusbug on April 06, 2014, 02:39:17 pm
Or maybe CBB just runs him off like he did BM! <sarcasm off>  ;D

Hopefully Duwop wants to be on the field and is willing to play any position to do so.
Wrong button. LOL
My preference would be for Duwop to move to safety and AJ to move to backup at linebacker.
BA, AA, RP as our 3 deep QB chart.
I'm also not getting paid the dollars to make this decision.

" GO HOGS "

hognatx

Quote from: razorback44 on April 06, 2014, 12:53:36 pm
Counting the seven sacks, 58.4% of the plays called were pass plays.  I'm not sure why kind of number you were expecting but that seems about right to me.
I'm talking about fact that we horrible last season in the passing game why wouldn't you at least this spring spend more time trying to improve your passing game.Then you come out say that BA is the starter and derby is #2,  52 passing attempts is a joke and you don't give the freshman every chance to win the job when you had a season with the rest of your QB's, then your not coaching to win  your coaching not lose.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 06, 2014, 01:54:20 pm
Kenny...with all due respect, in that Auburn game last year, when BA had to leave for a bit to get his foot reattached to his leg, Derby threw a horrible pick, and fumbled the center exchange twice in the two series he was out. I'm certainly not the coach, and I can't see practice, but did see what happened in the game. 

The result was one of the best call ins I heard on any sports show last year, when someone recapped what he did on every snap, and suggested that he was 46 and fat, but could have done every bit as well as Derby did during his time in there.  At first I thought to myself, "Yeah, every fan thinks that, but then if you ran them out there they wouldn't even be able to take the snap."  Then I remembered what happened, and I started laughing, because it was pretty well true.   

Now...that may be player bashing, but what happened is a fact....not opinion.  If that's our second string option, then BB will have to answer for what happens if BA goes down with an injury again next season.  As a Hog fan, if you feel comfortable about that, then I'm not sure I understand why.   
You've presented a false dichotomy.  I never said that I'm 'comfortable' with Derby but that doesn't mean that AA or RP are better options either. 

We've been hearing this same crap since last year when folks were wanting to throw in a true freshman qb vs. SEC defenses.  If this had been a team that was stocked with talent, then there may be reason to complain.  As it was, there was very little talent/depth/experience, which is why we were starting 4 true freshmen on offense. 

Unfortunately, this is a case of people thinking with their emotions and seeking some excuse to justify their anger thus, willingly disregarding any objectivity/logic.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hognatx on April 06, 2014, 03:33:02 pm
I'm talking about fact that we horrible last season in the passing game why wouldn't you at least this spring spend more time trying to improve your passing game.Then you come out say that BA is the starter and derby is #2,  52 passing attempts is a joke and you don't give the freshman every chance to win the job when you had a season with the rest of your QB's, then your not coaching to win  your coaching not lose.

You don't understand the concept of Spring drills - do you. They are installing and teaching technique, so 52 is what they needed as they installed.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: hognatx on April 06, 2014, 03:33:02 pm
I guess it hasn't occurred to you that giving reps to your top 2 guys should improve your passing game.  If we start a true freshman at qb, it almost assuredly won't improve anything; it'll be an indicator that we're screwed.

dacskc

I'm less concerned about QB than I am about who (Besides HH) can actually hang on to a pass. I figure BA will be much better this year as he will be healthy with a year under his belt. This jumped out at me:

Drew Morgan: 5 catches, 109 yards, 21.8 ypc

You never really hear anything about Morgan. I only remember him playing on special teams last year. Did he really look good or are these just flukey "mop up duty" type stats?

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Cresthog on April 06, 2014, 01:00:25 pm

Derby? Why is he even in the picture still? What a joke.

We post Bielema's entire pressers. Here's his quote about Austin Allen vs. Derby:

"He's (AA) a kid that, I think, flourishes in a game-like situation. He's got a nice arm. AJ has experience on him but I think that gap is definitely beginning to tighten. Whether or not he's passed him, I'll leave that up to coach Chaney and have a discussion after our film (session on the scrimmage)."

You don't have to be very smart to read between the lines of that. Derby's days as the backup are probably going away. I realize that it's not happening fast enough for some of you but you bring a kid who hasn't played a down of college football along at a proper pace.

As I've stated before there's plenty of time for AA to move up. They don't play Auburn tomorrow.

Johnny Manziel sat his entire freshmen year. He was ready when his time came.

HometownHawg

Quote from: dacskc on April 06, 2014, 03:54:59 pm
I'm less concerned about QB than I am about who (Besides HH) can actually hang on to a pass. I figure BA will be much better this year as he will be healthy with a year under his belt. This jumped out at me:

You never really hear anything about Morgan. I only remember him playing on special teams last year. Did he really look good or are these just flukey "mop up duty" type stats?
He made a great sideline catch, where he had to dive for it then readjust when bringing it into his body.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: dacskc on April 06, 2014, 03:54:59 pm

Go back and look at BA's numbers. You don't complete 85% of your passes if receivers are dropping the ball. The thing that impressed me was that those receivers were being challenged. Five passes were batted away. Two were picked off.  There were 11 sacks. Robb Smith was sending the house at the offense and still Allen's numbers were extremely good.

Also Demetrius Wilson, D'Arthur Cowen and Eric Hawkins did not scrimmage so the receivers were going with a short deck.  Drew Morgan, Jared Cornelius, Keon Hatcher and Cody Hollister all looked good.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 05, 2014, 05:26:17 pm
We did when we had Matt Jones. i hear Matt was a terrible practice player.but when the lights came on he could ball.practice is not everything.i want to see a guy do it in games.

When Jones started, he was the best QB in practice.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgon on April 05, 2014, 10:52:29 pm
He should quit playing his buddy's kid.

You do realize Chaney makes the QB depth chart, right ?

hognatx

Quote from: locusbug on April 06, 2014, 03:40:15 pm
You don't understand the concept of Spring drills - do you. They are installing and teaching technique, so 52 is what they needed as they installed.
Installing what in a spring scrimmage game what technique, you teach that during the week then you play the game to see what they know.

hognatx

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 06, 2014, 03:48:22 pm
I guess it hasn't occurred to you that giving reps to your top 2 guys should improve your passing game.  If we start a true freshman at qb, it almost assuredly won't improve anything; it'll be an indicator that we're screwed.
Have it occurred to you that,derby, not div-1.did you not see him last year. I know you believe that Bret is a coach but that's not how i see it. i think he's joke and the joke is on us. 

ImHogginIt

If the receivers catch and BA learns not to stare down receivers like he was still doing against MSU and LSU then we're gonna be just fine  :razorback:

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: hognatx on April 06, 2014, 04:42:55 pm
Have it occurred to you that,derby, not div-1.did you not see him last year. I know you believe that Bret is a coach but that's not how i see it. i think he's joke and the joke is on us. 
It's occurred to me that very few people on this board are even decently qualified to make such judgments.  Like I said, people thinking with their emotions...

Hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 06, 2014, 04:18:50 pm
You do realize Chaney makes the QB depth chart, right ?

And the man in your avatar called the plays at Arkansas.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 06, 2014, 04:16:15 pm
When Jones started, he was the best QB in practice.
Sorry.  You've been overruled by conjecture and rumor.

hognatx

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 06, 2014, 04:58:40 pm
It's occurred to me that very few people on this board are even decently qualified to make such judgments.  Like I said, people thinking with their emotions...
I'll check your emotions 5 games into the season

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 06, 2014, 02:13:43 pm
I totally 100% agree. If he is a viable back up then either A...we are back to Nutt era throwing QB's(minus Stoerner) or B...we were spoiled under BP.

No way Jose should Derby even be in competition for the backup spot ahead of AA or RP.

The more and more I think about it all the "we will be so much better or I was at practice and our WR's and DB's look SO much better"...blah blah blah the more angry I become. I have heard this garbage over and over about DB's for the last 5 years. I now feel this way about WR's, QB's and LB's. I will believe progress when I see it.

I am no longer buying all the positive propaganda and getting my hopes up....again. I am keeping a open mind and hoping to see actual improvement during real games and not in scrimmages. Sorry....had to vent a little.

Completely agree!!

As for those who are arguing with me about earning the reps, it's really a chicken and the egg situation. 

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: hognatx on April 06, 2014, 05:17:07 pm
I'll check your emotions 5 games into the season
Go for it.  I won't be throwing a tantrum like a teenage girl simply because my alma mater isn't playing as well as I'd hoped.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 06, 2014, 04:58:40 pm

Well to be fair it is football. Its not rocket science. There are a number of folks here that have good football knowledge. They just chose not to go into coaching because most would be stuck coaching for peanuts at the hs level so they chose other careers. Are there a lot without a clue here ? Yes. But there are more than a few with good knowledge of the game.

HometownHawg

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 06, 2014, 05:32:37 pm
Well to be fair it is football. Its not rocket science. There are a number of folks here that have good football knowledge. They just chose not to go into coaching because most would be stuck coaching for peanuts at the hs level so they chose other careers. Are there a lot without a clue here ? Yes. But there are more than a few with good knowledge of the game.
It just happens that most of the more vocal ones are the ones with lacking knowledge.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: HometownHawg on April 06, 2014, 05:36:07 pm
It just happens that most of the more vocal ones are the ones with lacking knowledge.

In this thread it appears that way  :razorback:

ImHogginIt

I hope BA has a heck of a Spring game cause if he doesn't this board is gonna be painful to visit for 4 months

hognatx

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 06, 2014, 05:22:47 pm
Go for it.  I won't be throwing a tantrum like a teenage girl simply because my alma mater isn't playing as well as I'd hoped.
So when do you think we should go bowling. I mean do you think we are getting better.

870hogfan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 06, 2014, 05:39:04 pm
I hope BA has a heck of a Spring game cause if he doesn't this board is gonna be painful to visit for 4 months

No, than they would complain about the defense. Lol

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hognatx on April 06, 2014, 04:32:45 pm
Installing what in a spring scrimmage game what technique, you teach that during the week then you play the game to see what they know.

Your are one funny guy. Dumb as a doorknob but funny.  :D

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: hognatx on April 06, 2014, 05:39:29 pm
So when do you think we should go bowling. I mean do you think we are getting better.
My honest assessment is that it'll be a tough year with our schedule however, we should be improved enough to make a bowl.  I think last year was a confluence of multiple issues; poor depth, poor talent at certain positions, tough schedule, young players, new coaches, new playbooks, and a mentally beat-down team.  Honestly, I think BB had a worse starting point than BP did a few years back. 

Statistically, we should greatly improve, simply by virtue of having more experienced starters.  I'm interested in how the new defensive coaches will fare and think that much of the season will depend on that.  Until the season starts, I'm afraid that it'll be hard for us to gauge any improvement on that side of the ball.

As I said, I expect to see improvement.  However, the schedule will be rough again so I actually expect year 3 to be the 'breakout' year for BB, if he's going to have one.  If he doesn't, it'll probably be time to start reevaluating things.

HometownHawg

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 06, 2014, 06:08:34 pm
My honest assessment is that it'll be a tough year with our schedule however, we should be improved enough to make a bowl.  I think last year was a confluence of multiple issues; poor depth, poor talent at certain positions, tough schedule, young players, new coaches, new playbooks, and a mentally beat-down team.  Honestly, I think BB had a worse starting point than BP did a few years back. 

Statistically, we should greatly improve, simply by virtue of having more experienced starters.  I'm interested in how the new defensive coaches will fare and think that much of the season will depend on that.  Until the season starts, I'm afraid that it'll be hard for us to gauge any improvement on that side of the ball.

As I said, I expect to see improvement.  However, the schedule will be rough again so I actually expect year 3 to be the 'breakout' year for BB, if he's going to have one.  If he doesn't, it'll probably be time to start reevaluating things.
What was pretty exciting to see was how aggressive the defense was. Meaning blitzes and the space between the receivers and corners. Will this translate into in game success? That remains to be seen but it was a more aggressive style of play than the sit back 8 yards and try to hit the guy with the ball. 

Pig Worshipper

I really like Mike's comment about how our defense already seems to have an "attitude". Boy, do I hope that becomes permanent because that's what it takes to play good defense in the SEC.
I've read through this thread and I still don't understand how some folks seem to be rooting for Bielema to fail or for Brandon Allen to fail. First of all, we had three different head coaches in three years. What a shame for our Razorbacks it would be if Brett Bielema was a failure at Arkansas and what a huge setback for our football program.
I've also been critical of Brandon Allen myself but the best thing that could happen for all concerned is that he really makes a big jump in performance and leads the Razorbacks to some conference victories.
It's actually a very different season coming up for us since we won't have any tune-up games to iron out all the kinks. We have to come out in our first game SEC-ready. I think it might be just the impetus our team needs after last season.

Henry Hogsome

I hope Rafe Peavey will be given the change to play, but I hope he will redshirt this year. If Arkansas has to rely on a Freshman to lead us , then we are in big trouble. I say that because they usually make quite a few mistakes. Now if he has the talent to play OB right away, and if he beats out BA, then OK. At the same time I would like to see Damon Dowhop Mitchell play some. I like that dual-threat OB of being able to run, and throw the football.

HometownHawg

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on April 06, 2014, 07:11:52 pm
I hope Rafe Peavey will be given the change to play, but I hope he will redshirt this year. If Arkansas has to rely on a Freshman to lead us , then we are in big trouble. I say that because they usually make quite a few mistakes. Now if he has the talent to play OB right away, and if he beats out BA, then OK. At the same time I would like to see Damon Dowhop Mitchell play some. I like that dual-threat OB of being able to run, and throw the football.
Duwop is an athlete but he still needs to work on his consistency on his passes too many times his accuracy is all over the place and he is behind many of the QB's in that aspect.
Rafe is still adjusting to the speed of the game and learning the playbook. He will redshirt this year.

Prestworthy

Quote from: locusbug on April 06, 2014, 02:04:41 pm
Fair enough. Now if an injury prevented Rafe from playing his best would you throw him in the trash heap when Storey joined the team?
I don't think the injury did much the latter half of the season.  BA said in an interview that it didn't.  He made some horrible decisions last year.  The INT he threw yesterday just brought back the memories.  I wish more could have seen it.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on April 06, 2014, 06:28:11 pm
I really like Mike's comment about how our defense already seems to have an "attitude". Boy, do I hope that becomes permanent because that's what it takes to play good defense in the SEC.
I've read through this thread and I still don't understand how some folks seem to be rooting for Bielema to fail or for Brandon Allen to fail. First of all, we had three different head coaches in three years. What a shame for our Razorbacks it would be if Brett Bielema was a failure at Arkansas and what a huge setback for our football program.
I've also been critical of Brandon Allen myself but the best thing that could happen for all concerned is that he really makes a big jump in performance and leads the Razorbacks to some conference victories.
It's actually a very different season coming up for us since we won't have any tune-up games to iron out all the kinks. We have to come out in our first game SEC-ready. I think it might be just the impetus our team needs after last season.
You could definitely tell the defense was much more hyped up than the offense.  The new defensive coaches seem to be great motivators.

grayhawg

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 06, 2014, 09:20:30 pm
I don't think the injury did much the latter half of the season.  BA said in an interview that it didn't.  He made some horrible decisions last year.  The INT he threw yesterday just brought back the memories.  I wish more could have seen it.
He also said that last year when his shoulder was so sore he could not throw the ball over 30 yards.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 06, 2014, 03:36:20 pm
You've presented a false dichotomy.  I never said that I'm 'comfortable' with Derby but that doesn't mean that AA or RP are better options either. 

We've been hearing this same crap since last year when folks were wanting to throw in a true freshman qb vs. SEC defenses.  If this had been a team that was stocked with talent, then there may be reason to complain.  As it was, there was very little talent/depth/experience, which is why we were starting 4 true freshmen on offense. 

Unfortunately, this is a case of people thinking with their emotions and seeking some excuse to justify their anger thus, willingly disregarding any objectivity/logic.

???   The comfortable statement wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at ALL Hog fans.  The concern last year was that BA struggled against Bama in 2012, and would he be ready.  Who really knows...because he got hurt pretty early on.  Jury is out. 

One concern this year is the back up QB.  I'm perfectly fine with them not burning AA's redshirt last season in lieu of planning for the future.  But I don't care WHO the back up is this season, they have to be more effective than Derby was last season if they are called into duty.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ricepig on April 06, 2014, 02:28:53 pm
They usually take snaps from both centers, when they get the reps with the 1's, and then with their 2's. Wouldn't you say there was no excuse for the HC not getting him ready?

I don't think Derby is #2, but I'm not out there every day, and you have to rely on those who are to make those judgments.

I'm not sure if they do or not, but they SHOULD. 

From what we're hearing from BB, Derby does appear to be the current number 2.  Obviously that could change, and MI seems to indicate that the writing is on the wall for AA to move up to that role. 

The excuse can be that sometimes kids look good in practice, but then nerves take over in the game and they perform well under their potential.  You can't always ferret that out until you see that player in a game. 

Obviously the AA redshirt issue is gone now.  Derby played QB in JC.  He should have been ready for the bright lights more so than the other back ups, and I get the decision at the time.  I will probably NOT get the decision this season, unless Derby blossoms quickly. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 06, 2014, 11:04:20 pm
???   The comfortable statement wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at ALL Hog fans.  The concern last year was that BA struggled against Bama in 2012, and would he be ready.  Who really knows...because he got hurt pretty early on.  Jury is out. 

One concern this year is the back up QB.  I'm perfectly fine with them not burning AA's redshirt last season in lieu of planning for the future.  But I don't care WHO the back up is this season, they have to be more effective than Derby was last season if they are called into duty.   

Some fans are going to be disappointed and probably doing a lot of flaming on here in the future because we are likely to see a log jam of QB's here in the next few years.

This year:
B. Allen-Jr.
A. Allen-R/Fr
AJ Derby-Sr
R. Peavey-Fr
Mitchell-R/Fr

Next year:
B. Allen-Sr
A. Allen-R/So
R. Peavey-So
Mitchell-R/So
Storey-Fr

A. Allen-R/Jr
Peavey-Jr
Mitchell-R/Jr
Storey-So
Player to be named-Fr

Over the next few years I would be surprised if we retain all of these kids for all 4-5 years at Arkansas. Someone might want to go elsewhere for playing time. I know that there has been talk of Mitchell moving to Safety, but we haven't heard that from the staff yet, have we?
Go Hogs Go!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 06, 2014, 09:20:30 pm

so, you're both a coach AND an orthopedist?  WOW!!  Quite an accomplishment to know so much about football as well as how an injury may or may not affect performance.

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Kevin

with the way derby played last year, i would say him being experienced, is not a plus.

the spring will be scripted for ba to have a great spring.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2014, 06:23:24 am
Some fans are going to be disappointed and probably doing a lot of flaming on here in the future because we are likely to see a log jam of QB's here in the next few years.

This year:
B. Allen-Jr.
A. Allen-R/Fr
AJ Derby-Sr
R. Peavey-Fr
Mitchell-R/Fr

Next year:
B. Allen-Sr
A. Allen-R/So
R. Peavey-So
Mitchell-R/So
Storey-Fr

A. Allen-R/Jr
Peavey-Jr
Mitchell-R/Jr
Storey-So
Player to be named-Fr

Over the next few years I would be surprised if we retain all of these kids for all 4-5 years at Arkansas. Someone might want to go elsewhere for playing time. I know that there has been talk of Mitchell moving to Safety, but we haven't heard that from the staff yet, have we?

Yeah, it's asking a lot for those guys to hang around with the hope that they'll play their Sr. year, or get a shot if enough others get hurt.  I applaud Duwop for hanging around, and if they're even considering moving him to another position, then they owe it to him to make that move now IMO.  There should be enough of a body of evidence to make that call. 

Some guys are cool with being third string, or even further back, because they see how they compare in practice and are realistic about their prospects. 

I think to start the season it will be BA, AA, and then Derby.  I just wonder how Derby would look at LB, and if he could be a good second at that position?     

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2014, 06:57:15 am
with the way derby played last year, i would say him being experienced, is not a plus.

the spring will be scripted for ba to have a great spring.

I think it's fair to say it didn't seem to be a benefit.   :(    He's put the time in, and I'm sure CBB is going to give him every chance because of his experience and relationship, and I'm cool with him getting a good look for even the starting role.  BUT...if he sees game time next year and struggles that much, them something has to give.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 07, 2014, 06:32:55 am
so, you're both a coach AND an orthopedist?  WOW!!  Quite an accomplishment to know so much about football as well as how an injury may or may not affect performance.

Chris this subject came up before and Pressy believes that BA was telling the truth when he said the injury was not an issue. Pressy doesn't realize many athletes loath blaming something on an injury when in fact it was. That why I didn't respond to him as it would have become a circular discussion. And I get dizzy so easily!  ;D