Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-Final Four Squad

Started by dhornjr1, April 05, 2014, 12:31:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dhornjr1

In honor of the Final Four starting this weekend, I'd like to see your picks for the best Final Four Razorback squad.

I'll kick it off and do it pretty much regardless of what position they played except for the starting five.

PG Lee Mayberry
SG Sidney Moncrief
C  Oliver Miller
PF Corliss Williamson
SF Todd Day

Bench

Ron Brewer
Marvin Delph
Scotty Thurman
Corey Beck
Lenzie Howell
Dwight Stewart
Clint McDaniel
Mario Credit

I really wanted to add Jim Counce and Steve Schall but there was just not enough room.

dhornjr1

And before anyone says anything, I know Credit started on that Final Four team and Miller mostly came off the bench, but I thought even back then that Miller should have been starting over Credit.

fineswine

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 05, 2014, 12:40:21 am
And before anyone says anything, I know Credit started on that Final Four team and Miller mostly came off the bench, but I thought even back then that Miller should have been starting over Credit.
Miller was certainly a better all around player, but I've always felt Credit had a better low post game than Miller.  Credit just always seemed a little lazy.  I think if he would have pushed himself more he could have played in the league.

dhornjr1

Quote from: fineswine on April 05, 2014, 07:52:21 am
Miller was certainly a better all around player, but I've always felt Credit had a better low post game than Miller.  Credit just always seemed a little lazy.  I think if he would have pushed himself more he could have played in the league.

I agree with every word and you typed that's why I felt Miller should have been starting.

PonderinHog

Hastings for Stewart, maybe?

No Walker, Robertson or Kleine?

We've had some players over the years.  I'll shutup now...  ;D

Hogcephus

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 05, 2014, 08:21:11 am
Hastings for Stewart, maybe?

No Walker, Robertson or Kleine?

We've had some players over the years.  I'll shutup now...  ;D

I'm pretty certain that Walker, Robertson, or Kleine never played on a final four team at Arkansas.

porkerfinger

Hastings did not make the Final Four either.  He was a freshman on the team that lost to Indiana State in the regional finals.

PonderinHog

Sorry, I was trying to put together a team that would make the final four.   :-[