Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Game vs. Auburn

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, April 04, 2014, 05:17:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wants2Win on April 06, 2014, 08:40:43 am
I have no problem with rolling the dice every once in a while, but it needs to be a calculated risk. Not just running random fakes.

You really think that those things are "random"? Seriously? Typically, game plans aren't random and have more to do with film study of the opponent and identifying tendencies that might seem to give a team an opportunity to make an unexpected big play given the opponents alignment, score, down, distance and field position. It is likely that these calls didn't just occur spontaneously.
Go Hogs Go!

Wants2Win

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 06, 2014, 09:10:27 am
You really think that those things are "random"? Seriously? Typically, game plans aren't random and have more to do with film study of the opponent and identifying tendencies that might seem to give a team an opportunity to make an unexpected big play given the opponents alignment, score, down, distance and field position. It is likely that these calls didn't just occur spontaneously.
The fake punt against MSU comes to mind. It was more "random" than what you described.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: steefhog on April 05, 2014, 06:45:43 am
Yeah, gotta admit. There is more angst than usual with Auburn.

There was almost too much angst last year.  We go in like that again, and we'll killed.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

WilsonHog

Quote from: Wants2Win on April 06, 2014, 01:41:09 pm
The fake punt against MSU comes to mind. It was more "random" than what you described.

Actually, those are normally predetermined calls off of a key; if the punt team gets a certain look, they run the fake.

Wants2Win

Quote from: Tom Bennett on April 06, 2014, 01:43:56 pm
Actually, those are normally predetermined calls off of a key; if the punt team gets a certain look, they run the fake.
A misread on the field makes more sense than a sideline call I agree. In that specific situation the cost of not converting heavily outweighed the reward of a first down. Hopefully that is an area we will see improvement this season.