Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas' Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium Ranks 6th in every BCS College Football Stadium

Started by Westcoasthog, April 04, 2014, 03:28:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on April 05, 2014, 06:45:49 pm
I think RRS gets loud at times, several games in 2010 and 2011 were as loud as any WMS crowd or louder. I think WMS probably maintained it over longer stretches, but RRS can get loud.

I was talking about Kyle Field (thought you were, too).

ricepig

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 05, 2014, 07:01:18 pm
I was talking about Kyle Field (thought you were, too).

Yeah, I was, just threw in my two cents on RRS, for free....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoginMemphis on April 05, 2014, 12:15:03 pm
I am not complaining here. You are interpreting my comment as complaining. I stated fact. We cannot sell out RRS and we are not as loud as stadiums at the other programs I mentioned.

You didn't state a fact. Did you do decibel level readings while inside those other stadiums during games? I doubt it. Otherwise it isn't a fact but an opinion. Some games we are as loud and some we're not I bet. Some games they are louder and some they're not I bet.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tusks

I've been to games all over the SEC and live in ATL.  The AR crowd can be as loud as any in the SEC.  The cajuns get the nod because they drink the most.  I was never impressed with the Bama crowd until Saban's last run and their expansion.  They can all get loud depending on cycle.  I remember Neyland when Manning playing there being nuts.  I've never found GA as an intimidating crowd.  Big, yes but intimidating, not to me.  USC, loyal and big but not rowdy at all.  The swamp was as loud as I've ever heard.  Auburn had it's moments when I've been to games there.  A/M leaves theres all at the yell practice.  I've never been impressed with A/M crowds but that's just me.
Again it depends on a lot of factors and I've been in RRS when it's been just as rowdy and loud as any stadium in the SEC.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

wupigsuey

I've always thought Michigans Bighouse would be an awesome experience. Especially with a Mich State or ND in town.  115k in there one day last season.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 05, 2014, 06:18:45 pm
Instead of having a discussion on what can be done to improve gameday environment, half the posts consist of nothing but pissing and moaning about how some parts of the fanbase can be self-critical.

Typical.
A discussion on what can be done to improve the game day environment would be nice but would also be about as fruitful as pissing and moaning and self-critical fan base. Why? Because the U of A is apparently not going to do anything unless it makes money for the athletic dept or the university itself. When is the last time they did anything that improved the game day experience there that did not have a price attached to it?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Break & Run on April 04, 2014, 03:39:50 pm
To have Arkansas #6 and LSU #14 is pure ignorance.  And yes, I'm a hog homer but if you've been to a game in Death Valley, you'd agree with me.

I haven't been there, but you have to be right. 

During the Arkansas game last year construction cranes were all over one end zone where they are making an upper deck connection to the upper deck of the E & W stands.  Should bring the stadium to well over 100K...

We need to enclose the N. end of RRS...!