Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celebration of history or starvation for something of which to be proud?

Started by Kamkaizen, April 04, 2014, 12:29:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamkaizen

I understand the importance of the acknowledgement and celebration of our history, but to me, it is sad that the 20th anniversary of Arkansas' basketball National Championship has garnered so much attention by the University.  According to ArkansasRazorbacks.com, the game will be rebroadcast tonight via YouTube, complete with Tweets and in-game updates.  I can see how some people might see the whole situation as being something cool to be a part of, but to me, it's just sad that we haven't had much to be proud of in 20 years of Razorback basketball.  ...to the point that we have cling to a championship which happened 20 years ago. 

phadedhawg

I'm very proud of that NC but yes...we are desperate for something to cheer about. 

FineAsSwine

It's our only undisputed national championship in basketball or football. I celebrate it every year.

We have something to build towards. I am looking forward to our next accomplishment of such note both in pigskin and round ball. It's been too long time coming.

I want us to be relevant as a program again. Reminisces like these prove that these aspirations are not pipe dreams. We can do it. We have before. Until then, I suffer. Go Hogs.

#relive94