Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get to know the next highly recruited QB in Arkansas

Started by The Recruiting Guy, April 04, 2014, 08:21:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KCRazorbackfan

Sounds like a kid that's got his head on right.  Would love to see him in Hog gear.  :razorback: :razorback:
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

ricepig

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on April 04, 2014, 10:11:52 am
Sounds like a kid that's got his head on right.  Would love to see him in Hog gear.  :razorback: :razorback:

As long as he does no harm.   ???  He's got a great arm and build for a 16yr old sophomore, it'll be interesting to see his development the next two years.

PennHOG

The one thing I could not live without is: My Faith in God and my family

Auburn lock!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Hawg_Thai'd

Not trying to stir up nothin', but 250-260 lbs and 5.0 seems awful big and a little slow. Granted, he's very young, so can we expect him to slim down a little and get faster over the next couple of years?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

U-A Filthy Pig

LOL!   My favorite actress: Drew Baremore.  Mine too.  Seriously though,  good looking QB.  Hope We get him.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawg_Thaid on April 04, 2014, 12:41:46 pm
Not trying to stir up nothin', but 250-260 lbs and 5.0 seems awful big and a little slow. Granted, he's very young, so can we expect him to slim down a little and get faster over the next couple of years?

Seems like he's likely a pocket passer, so the speed won't matter much.  The big frame would be a positive for him in that case, because it would help him take big hits from linemen and not be completely crushed. Ben Roethlisberger is like 6'5 250 or so.  Daunte Culpepper was up around 260 I'm pretty sure.

Danny J

immahog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 04, 2014, 01:19:40 pm
Seems like he's likely a pocket passer, so the speed won't matter much.  The big frame would be a positive for him in that case, because it would help him take big hits from linemen and not be completely crushed. Ben Roethlisberger is like 6'5 250 or so.  Daunte Culpepper was up around 260 I'm pretty sure.

yea but those guys are grown at that size this kid is what 15 16 he is not done growing ....could be a nice OT in a few yrs who knows
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

PorkRinds

Quote from: immahog on April 04, 2014, 01:38:22 pm
yea but those guys are grown at that size this kid is what 15 16 he is not done growing ....could be a nice OT in a few yrs who knows

Or he could be the next Jerad Lorenzen!  :)

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 04, 2014, 02:02:42 pm
Or he could be the next Jerad Lorenzen!  :)

This state would go ballistic for our very own Pillsbury Throwboy

pillowhog

Quote from: Hawg_Thaid on April 04, 2014, 12:41:46 pm
LOL 5.0 at 16 years old at 250 is not bad at all.  Ask any football coach, especially a kid at 6-6.  I would be more concerned with the squat and bench

MissippHog

With the OL that we are building he probably won't need to elude too many people.   ;D

Hog_Fink

idk i'm skeptical......

he only benches 195 & his favorite actor is Adam Sandler

Hawg_Thai'd

Pocket passer, yes. Big frame that would be a little more difficult to take down, yes. But will he have that quick elusiveness to shed would-be tackles? Dunno. I am in no way trying to rag on the kid. I have heard many people talk about how good he was last season as a Soph. Also, I do not expect us to get a Cam Newton type that beats the defense with his legs. We will have an offense that needs a QB that can make that quick step in the pocket more than we need one that can break a run for 15 yards. We'll see. It would seem that we have been getting and will continue to get good QB's, so I'm really not that worried about it.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Ben Steiger

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

OPoraquê

Quote from: ricepig on April 04, 2014, 10:29:00 am
As long as he does no harm.   ???  He's got a great arm and build for a 16yr old sophomore, it'll be interesting to see his development the next two years.

Interesting who's recruiting him.  Wonder how strong their interest is?

hawgmasta

acey33

Quote from: immahog on April 04, 2014, 01:38:22 pm

Or a TE...Houston is that you?

Hog Nutt

I'm excited and all about the kid and hope he exceeds. But for right now I'm more worried about that ad that I clicked on the right side. I think I have a parasite growing in me. Is there any hope for me?

OPoraquê

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 06, 2014, 10:31:26 pm
Word on the street? Or real life?

Real life.  But look at the schools showing interest (though as the Ricepig would say, there's a gulf between "showing interest" and "offering a 'ship "...) in young Mr. Ford.  Coach Lunney, Sr. was quoted as telling his young quarterback last season (paraphrased): "Those coaches you see on TV on (fall NCAA football) Saturdays from coast-to-coast will be in here."

It appears they may indeed be.  Life with Malik and Kasey may be interesting at pre-split Bennie High these last two years.

Mr. Hughes

Quote from: Hog Nutt on April 07, 2014, 07:54:25 am
I'm excited and all about the kid and hope he exceeds. But for right now I'm more worried about that ad that I clicked on the right side. I think I have a parasite growing in me. Is there any hope for me?

LOL, that guy has got it rough. It's just one thing after another for him.

On the bright side, if you'll scroll back to the top you'll see there are thousands of single Asian women just waiting to meet Hog Nutt.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: Mr. Hughes on April 07, 2014, 12:41:56 pm
LOL, that guy has got it rough. It's just one thing after another for him.

On the bright side, if you'll scroll back to the top you'll see there are thousands of single Asian women just waiting to meet Hog Nutt.

Then there's the poll question right under the ad. "Do I like Dykes"?