Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Set to Throw Curveballs For New DC Smith

Started by Mike Irwin, April 03, 2014, 11:37:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Media visitors watching Thursday's spring football practice in the University of Arkansas' Walker Pavilion noticed safety Allen Turner charging through the middle of the Hogs' offensive line a few times during eleven on eleven action.

"What's it like battling in there, getting hit by the guards?" Turner was asked following the workout.

"It's a little different," the 201 pound Turner admitted. "I just got to make sure I come in low because they're big guys and if they get a hold of me it can go all wrong."

New defensive coordinator Robb Smith admits he likes to toss in a few curveballs from time to time when it comes to pressuring opposing quarterbacks and running backs. Smith was asked about the presence of safeties like Turner in areas of the defense normally populated by linebackers.
---------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/hogs-hope-to-throw-some-curveballs-under-new-dc-sm/11976/04Y63Ix8GEapIKBoBzKU5g

DeltaBoy

Good we were so vanilla last year I started calling what the Offense was going to do and over 70 % of the time I got the opponent's play call right.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Starcs