Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

True HERO & Arkansas Hog fan NAVY SEAL ADAM BROWN KIA........

Started by seasonhog, April 03, 2014, 08:44:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

seasonhog

Hog Fan..& true Hero....NAVY SEAL Chief [ SOC ] ADAM BROWN of Lake Hamilton died March 17th 2010 placing himself in the line of fire to protect others members of his unit.

Story of his life on new show " NRA LIFE of DUTY " on the Sportman channel to night.

When they show a closeup of his face a hog logo was in one eye.......cool

Some of you guys may remember him,.......good show

seasonhog

Quote from: seasonhog on April 03, 2014, 08:44:03 pm
Hog Fan..& true Hero....NAVY SEAL Chief [ SOC ] ADAM BROWN of Lake Hamilton died March 17th 2010 placing himself in the line of fire to protect others members of his unit.

Story of his life on new show " NRA LIFE of DUTY " on the Sportman channel to night.

Repeat show at 11 pm tonight on sportman channel...........

Ironhawg

Quote from: seasonhog on April 03, 2014, 08:44:03 pm

If you get a chance read the book about him titled 'Fearless'.  You won't regret it and you will never forget him.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 03, 2014, 09:37:50 pm
If you get a chance read the book about him titled 'Fearless'.  You won't regret it and you will never forget him.
I read it in one night...it was phenomenal
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

termite

3kgthog

I tore through the book and can't wait for what figures to be an eventual movie. If it isn't being considered for film, it should be. And I don't mean by a tiny studio. Get that book in the hands of some of the big boys of Hollywood and do justice to the story and the man.

seasonhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 04, 2014, 08:08:46 am
I tore through the book and can't wait for what figures to be an eventual movie. If it isn't being considered for film, it should be. And I don't mean by a tiny studio. Get that book in the hands of some of the big boys of Hollywood and do justice to the story and the man.

You are right sir......every young person should read this book.

Watch the repeat on the Sportsman channel last night, he has a great family.

The show will be repeated at 12- noon today 4/4 on the Sportsman channel.

Not the main reason to watch or read the book of his life.....but it help the hog brand....at a time we could use it.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 04, 2014, 08:08:46 am
Need to show it to the guy who directed Lone Survivor
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

colbs

Great book.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tequilin' Time

I learned about Adam several years ago,  via Hogville,  like many of you I blazed through the book, couldn't put it down.  What an amazing man Adam was, a true hero in this day of puffed up narcissists that think they are heroes.   Loved the fact he was from my home state.

For those of you that dive,   there is an underwater memorial for Adam in Lake Ouachita.  http://navyseals.com/3286/fearless-rock-adam-brown-underwater-memorial/

My next trip to AR will be with my dive gear.

WPS

pigture perfect

I am going to hear his parents speak tonight at a Teen Challenge banquet. Or at least that's what I'm told.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dugann

As a Army Vet, I am sadden.  His family will be in my thoughts.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

ronmahony

Yes I read the book and what a book. I agree it would make s great movie. This man went through Seal Sniper school after losing his dominant eye! And Seal Six training sfter losing part of his right hand! Doubt too many Seals or anybody else could do that! One Bad Stud.Abd what I thought was so cool was he carried an Arkansas flag under his body armor.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Danimal

pigture perfect

His parents did an incredible job speaking tonight. Alot of stuff that not mentioned in the book. Incredible life.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ronmahony

I would have liked to have been there to hear that and paid my respects. I tell you I believe all those Seals are incredible,. I have read several books by some of them and there was just no quit in them. I thought Marine boot camp was pretty hard shoot. Another book that should be required reading is Seal of Honor.  The only reason he didn't die in BUDS training is because their team leader did die. It just makes me proud thst America still has men like that. And it breaks my heart that we have lost so many.Not just Seals either.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

seasonhog

Quote from: ronmahony on April 04, 2014, 11:41:20 pm
I would have liked to have been there to hear that and paid my respects. I tell you I believe all those Seals are incredible,. I have read several books by some of them and there was just no quit in them. I thought Marine boot camp was pretty hard shoot. Another book that should be required reading is Seal of Honor.  The only reason he didn't die in BUDS training is because their team leader did die. It just makes me proud thst America still has men like that. And it breaks my heart that we have lost so many.Not just Seals either.

I have enjoyed everyone comments.........

seasonhog

Just read the book FEARLESS by Eric Blehm........This is some story of Adam Brown life.

All young people need to read this book.....it is a story of second chances....This man went all the way to the "GREEN TEAM "  top 1% of the SEALS with one eye & one useful hand.

quote from the book.....Kelly his wife,

" after his most recent deployment from Afghanistan, Adam did " repeat something he'd told me before, something that got reinforced when he was over there" says Kelly. " It wasn't bragging; it was just matter of fact. He told me, " I'm not afraid. God gave me this gift-I don't feel fear."
" That," says Kelly," terrified me"

one more...

In short, Adam came in and as usual pushed the limits. " He was aggressive"  says the OGA [ other government agency: like CIA, DEA, FBI ]    " HE loved to talk football [Razorbacks football ] & said, Sometimes the best defense is a strong offense...

ME.....
if our football team had half the heart this guy did they would be some head rolling in our games.

Adam wanted to play for the hog but was to small in high school..........after reading this story of his life...if i was a qb, or rb, I would not want to look across the line & see Adam Brown at LB............if you read his story you will know what i mean.

you most likely can find this book at your library.