Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

brief practice report for April 3, 2014

Started by Ugly Uncle, April 03, 2014, 08:31:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 04, 2014, 12:28:43 am
Like the rest of the QBs he looked okay.  I think the two Allens and maybe Derby looked better.  Just my opinion though.

So is Duwop Mitchell less than ok? He hasnt been mention. What is the overall story on him. Short version on him if you have one, please.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hogville38

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 03, 2014, 08:31:53 pm
Well, there is a reason Alex Collins has been in trouble.  He is out of shape.   When I say out of shape he almost looks pregnant.  I thought during warm ups he was going to have a heart attack.  However, when he had the ball in his hands he didn't look like he had lost speed or quickness.  Just amazing how fast he still is and how quick.  But he would be so out of breath after a couple of plays he would have to walk back to sidelines with his hands on his hips.

DJ Dean is the opposite of that.  He has put on some good weight and at first I thought he was a LB.  He looks faster than last year and will be a player for us if he keeps progressing.

All the QBs looked "okay" today.  Brandon Allen is much better than the other4.  Austin looked pretty good today and Derby looks brilliant about every third throw. The fans are disgusting. Go to uncle fb page and read comments about Collins. Just lost all respect for you uncle.

Hatcher, Wilson, Cornelius, and Hollister had great days today.  Sprinkle caught e everything around him and is a mismatch on whoever tries to cover him.

Dan Skipper knows what he is doing.  It seemed like he was directing traffic a lot out there today.

I'm on my phone and out tonight but will answer any questions I can.
Typical media trash. Collins has been great to the community. If he never carries the rock again I don't care. Didn't expect such harsh words from you uncle.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazrRila99 on April 04, 2014, 07:43:17 am
Ok, guys, calm down.  This isnt necessarily a reflection of Ben Herbert, the conditioning program, etc. This could be simply a FRESHMAN being a freshman.  Thinking, hes invincible, enjoying the attention, going through the motions, etc.  Im quite positive AC will figure it out. 

Tell you what might work - have some of the girls who are throwing themselves at him to say hey, arent you getting a little soft?  That might work :)

Sure it would be just as it is a reflection on a coach if he puts someone on the field unprepared. Herb gets paid to strengthen these guys. Now the link above shows a pic of Collins and if that is how he looks then I am fine. But when someone that saw him at practice states he looks pregnant and cannot make two runs without being winded - means someone allowed this freshman too much slack.

Again if he isn't as fat as Ched states then no issue. However, I have no reason to doubt Ched as he isn't one to bash players. Therefore Herb needs to do his high paying job better as Collins should never be allowed to be a "freshman". That is what a coach is suppose to prevent. IMHO
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 04, 2014, 08:58:54 am
So is Duwop Mitchell less than ok? He hasnt been mention. What is the overall story on him. Short version on him if you have one, please.
He looks like a Safety playing QB. 

Although he is an excellent scout team QB.
All Gas, No Brakes!

The_Iceman

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 04, 2014, 09:38:24 am
He looks like a Safety playing QB. 

Although he is an excellent scout team QB.

He played safety in HS so maybe there is a chance there..If he has the talent. Besides it isnt our strongest position I dont think. If he has the speed an the height.

I would hope he is worth more than a excellent scout team Qb.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

PorkRinds

Quote from: locusbug on April 04, 2014, 09:29:48 am
Sure it would be just as it is a reflection on a coach if he puts someone on the field unprepared. Herb gets paid to strengthen these guys. Now the link above shows a pic of Collins and if that is how he looks then I am fine. But when someone that saw him at practice states he looks pregnant and cannot make two runs without being winded - means someone allowed this freshman too much slack.

Again if he isn't as fat as Ched states then no issue. However, I have no reason to doubt Ched as he isn't one to bash players. Therefore Herb needs to do his high paying job better as Collins should never be allowed to be a "freshman". That is what a coach is suppose to prevent. IMHO

Like someone else pointed out, the coaches can't MAKE them watch their diet and do what they are supposed to do.  Also remember this is one practice.  It could be that Alex had a bad practice, was tired from other things, etc.  Let's not jump the gun and say people aren't doing what they are supposed to based on one practice, including Alex himself.  I'll take the "wait and see" approach.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 04, 2014, 09:57:12 am
Like someone else pointed out, the coaches can't MAKE them watch their diet and do what they are supposed to do.  Also remember this is one practice.  It could be that Alex had a bad practice, was tired from other things, etc.  Let's not jump the gun and say people aren't doing what they are supposed to based on one practice, including Alex himself.  I'll take the "wait and see" approach.

Again I had a lot of "ifs" in my statement which means I have not made a decision on Collins. I am not jumping to conclusions.

However I do disagree with the issue of the coaches. You suspend the player, run the bleachers, push ups, etc... If you don't do what the coaches want.

I must have played under some hard nose coaches compared to some of you because they demanded you follow their instructions or leave the team. As many coaches say "This ain't no democracy."
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

razorback44

Quote from: locusbug on April 04, 2014, 09:29:48 am

This picture is from last week. You be the judge.

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

The Kig

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 04, 2014, 07:56:36 am
I bet a threat of a "muffin top removal summer contingency plan" by CBB might help too.   ;D

This.... I will worry about AC if he shows up in the fall with a few extra lbs. 

There is no question what that kid can do when the ball is in his hands, so maybe not that big of a deal that he came into spring a little less focused.
Poker Porker

Fatmanhog

Quote from: razorback44 on April 04, 2014, 11:31:15 am

Lookos like he is in the middle of a bulk up. I can see where his stomach is not cut like most of the running backs. I see where Ched would get his opinion.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: fatmanhog on April 04, 2014, 12:34:15 pm
Lookos like he is in the middle of a bulk up. I can see where his stomach is not cut like most of the running backs. I see where Ched would get his opinion.
Exactly. The fact that some people thought he was fat was pretty funny. He's close to 220 now and will probably cut about 5 pounds or so before the season.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Iceman

According to Mike Irwin today on the radio, whatever "out-of-shape" condition he showed up in didn't stop him from showing better top end speed than he did all of last year. Mike said he made two plays where he just blew by everyone McFadden-like.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 04, 2014, 12:52:41 pm
According to Mike Irwin today on the radio, whatever "out-of-shape" condition he showed up in didn't stop him from showing better top end speed than he did all of last year. Mike said he made two plays where he just blew by everyone McFadden-like.
Imagine how good he'll be when he gets rid of the flab.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ricepig

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 04, 2014, 12:55:06 pm

Yep, carrying around that spare tire can be burdensome.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 04, 2014, 12:55:06 pm

Michael Smith said he didn't think it was that big of a deal. He said he always tried to add weight to his mid-sections because as a running back you need to be able to absorb contact. Smith also said its not the worst thing to come into camp a little overweight because you'll lose most of it during the hot summer.

After the show, I'm sure Mike Irwin will have time to come on here and clear it all up.

ChitownHawg

Thanks for the pic and that is a very tiny baby if he is pregnant!  ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 04, 2014, 01:10:29 pm
Michael Smith said he didn't think it was that big of a deal. He said he always tried to add weight to his mid-sections because as a running back you need to be able to absorb contact. Smith also said its not the worst thing to come into camp a little overweight because you'll lose most of it during the hot summer.

After the show, I'm sure Mike Irwin will have time to come on here and clear it all up.

That's a very interesting take. Does this Michael Smith know anything about being an RB?  ;D

The_Iceman

Quote from: locusbug on April 04, 2014, 01:28:27 pm
That's a very interesting take. Does this Michael Smith know anything about being an RB?  ;D

Definitely not as much as the experts on Hogville.

razorback44

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

PorkRinds

Yeah, that's not pregnant.  He doesn't look all that cut though, so he very well could be out of shape.  Some of the other guys look completely ripped out, and he looks a bit...soft.  Of course, I have nothing to compare it to, so it could just be his build. He could still tear my head off and make me eat it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: razorback44 on April 04, 2014, 01:41:38 pm
An actual pic from practice yesterday.

I can't wait to see this guys on the field again!!! WPS  :razorback:

urkillnmesmalls

Maybe he was just out of breath because he was running 30 yards a clip?   ;D

I don't doubt Ched, and I appreciate his report.  Some of you need to pay a little more attention to what he said though.  He CLEARLY sated that it DID NOT AFFECT his quickness, and that he performed well.  He was just winded often and looked a little thicker around the middle.   

If you don't like the assessment, then that's fine.  But Ched grew up playing sports, and watching sports, and I'm gonna say that he's probably capable of knowing when an athlete needs a little time jogging and pushing back from the dinner table to be in peak condition.  AC is FAR from the first Hog to come to the first few practices of Spring or Fall a little out of optimal shape, and he certainly will NOT be the last.

But...what we don't know, is if that is the emphasis from BB and why some are suggesting he may have a toe or two in the doghouse.  I don't even know if that's the case...but I bet it call gets worked out.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 04, 2014, 01:40:00 pm
Definitely not as much as the experts on Hogville.

Well...duh...why'd you even waste time typing that?   :)

Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't recall him being a flatbelly last season either.  Not everyone is going to sport a 30 inch waist even when they are in shape.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 04, 2014, 01:54:33 pm
Well...duh...why'd you even waste time typing that?   :)

Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't recall him being a flatbelly last season either.  Not everyone is going to sport a 30 inch waist even when they are in shape.       

I think it's safe to assume his ranch dressing habit may have caught up to him.  ;D

devildoghawg

AC had a belly all last season...this isn't new.  Just more weight to truck fools with. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

CallThemHawgs!

Well, there is a reason Alex Collins has been in trouble.  He is out of shape.   When I say out of shape he almost looks pregnant.  I thought during warm ups he was going to have a heart attack.  However, when he had the ball in his hands he didn't look like he had lost speed or quickness.  Just amazing how fast he still is and how quick.  But he would be so out of breath after a couple of plays he would have to walk back to sidelines with his hands on his hips.

DJ Dean is the opposite of that.  He has put on some good weight and at first I thought he was a LB.  He looks faster than last year and will be a player for us if he keeps progressing.

All the QBs looked "okay" today.  Brandon Allen is much better than the other4.  Austin looked pretty good today and Derby looks brilliant about every third throw.

Hatcher, Wilson, Cornelius, and Hollister had great days today.  Sprinkle caught e everything around him and is a mismatch on whoever tries to cover him.

Dan Skipper knows what he is doing.  It seemed like he was directing traffic a lot out there today.

I have been saying AC is out of shape for a while. Dudes arms might be smaller than mine. Certainly not an intimidating SEC back in terms of power at the moment. Hope that changes quickly.

Wildhog

Kody Walker doing his Kiero impersonation.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

CallThemHawgs!

donkey

Like the rest of the QBs he looked okay.  I think the two Allens and maybe Derby looked better.  Just my opinion though.

Wow.  Derby... 

If Derby is looking better than you are, you have a ways to go. 

arod2024

Quote from: Wildhog on April 04, 2014, 04:38:43 pm
Kody Walker doing his Kiero impersonation.
Where did that come from? The pic of the running backs... because I don't notice Kody in that picture. I see Chris Jones to the right of Alex that appears to be a load. (Not that Kody isn't) :)

hogville38

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 04, 2014, 04:35:28 pm
I have been saying AC is out of shape for a while. Dudes arms might be smaller than mine. Certainly not an intimidating SEC back in terms of power at the moment. Hope that changes quickly.
Oh gosh shut up already. This coming from you probably setting on your couch. The kid does not have a belly. Lots of running backs are not all cut up in the stomach. Stop talking about the kid.

hogville38

All the QBs looked "okay" today.  Brandon Allen is much better than the other4.  Austin looked pretty good today and Derby looks brilliant about every third throw.

I hope your happy media garbage. Look at all these people talking bad about are best running back. You should apologize publicly.  This is not cool at all.

ricepig

Quote from: hogville38 on April 04, 2014, 06:39:46 pm
I hope your happy media garbage. Look at all these people talking bad about are best running back. You should apologize publicly.  This is not cool at all.
Doesn't he have right to speak his opinion? Or do you just concern yourself with search and seizure issues?

Calling All Hogs

If our WRs are able to catch Derby passes they must be amazing this year. :)

HawgnCorona

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 04, 2014, 01:46:03 pm
I can't wait to see these guys on the field again!!! WPS  :razorback:

Amen brother...

hogville38

Quote from: ricepig on April 04, 2014, 06:46:29 pm
Doesn't he have right to speak his opinion? Or do you just concern yourself with search and seizure issues?
Speak your opinion but calling a kid fat that happens to be a player is horse crap. Tired of seeing the player bashing by so called fans. Its pathetic and so are you for backing him up. Sick of grown men acting like children. We are not in jr high anymore. Grow up.

ricepig

Quote from: hogville38 on April 04, 2014, 07:18:11 pm
Speak your opinion but calling a kid fat that happens to be a player is horse crap. Tired of seeing the player bashing by so called fans. Its pathetic and so are you for backing him up. Sick of grown men acting like children. We are not in jr high anymore. Grow up.
So your opinion is the only one not to be questioned, I think I'm starting to understand you.

hogville38

Quote from: ricepig on April 04, 2014, 07:25:45 pm
So your opinion is the only one not to be questioned, I think I'm starting to understand you.
I will say it again being you can't seem to read. Opinions are fine. If Collins was your son would you be ok with what is being said about him. Is this a hog fan board? Why is it ok for people who are grown men to talk bad about kids? This young man has done nothing but say great things about our fans and our state. He is polite and more of a gentleman then most (not all) grown men on this board.

ricepig

Quote from: hogville38 on April 04, 2014, 07:31:31 pm
I will say it again being you can't seem to read. Opinions are fine. If Collins was your son would you be ok with what is being said about him. Is this a hog fan board? Why is it ok for people who are grown men to talk bad about kids? This young man has done nothing but say great things about our fans and our state. He is polite and more of a gentleman then most (not all) grown men on this board.

It's his opinion, he thought he looked big, most said he didn't. It wouldn't bother me one bit what he said, if parents worry about what is written on a message board, they will love sitting in the stands.

hogville38

Quote from: ricepig on April 04, 2014, 07:38:32 pm
It's his opinion, he thought he looked big, most said he didn't. It wouldn't bother me one bit what he said, if parents worry about what is written on a message board, they will love sitting in the stands.
ricepig why is this alright to you as a fan. You have been on hogville since 06. I would think you would stand up for our players and what is righ. I just don't understand some of you. Do you have children? Why be hateful to our players? How is this ok. I stand by what I said cause I think it's wrong. He didnt say he was big he said he looked pregnant.

ricepig

Quote from: hogville38 on April 04, 2014, 07:44:21 pm
ricepig why is this alright to you as a fan. You have been on hogville since 06. I would think you would stand up for our players and what is righ. I just don't understand some of you. Do you have children? Why be hateful to our players? How is this ok. I stand by what I said cause I think it's wrong.

Yep, had one that played, thus the stands comment. UU wasn't being hateful, probably thought he was being funny with the pregnant comment. He thought he appeared out of shape, again, from UU's view point, and since he was actually at  practice, better than 99% on here. I think he was trying to justify the rumors about AC being in the doghouse, again, it was his opinion on it.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 04, 2014, 07:59:42 am
BZZZZZ.  That's the buzzer going off on your failed troll effort.   

I'm trolling?  Perhaps you should reconsider who the troll is.  I'm not the one that said a grown ass man looked like he was pregnant.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: hogville38 on April 04, 2014, 07:18:11 pm

Saying that Collins looks out of shape is not bashing. It's actually one of the nicest negative things said on this board.

Wildhog

Quote from: arod2024 on April 04, 2014, 04:53:20 pm
Where did that come from? The pic of the running backs... because I don't notice Kody in that picture. I see Chris Jones to the right of Alex that appears to be a load. (Not that Kody isn't) :)

I thought Kody had switched to 41? 

If that's Jones, then my mistake.  I just thought I had heard he switched numbers.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogville38

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on April 04, 2014, 07:59:09 pm
Saying that Collins looks out of shape is not bashing. It's actually one of the nicest negative things said on this board.
He said he looked pregnant.  Stop sticking up for this piece of media trash. Maybe he should look in the mirror.

Fort Dweller

Simple solution.  Offer the baby he's carrying.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogville38 on April 04, 2014, 08:05:39 pm
He said he looked pregnant.  Stop sticking up for this piece of media trash. Maybe he should look in the mirror.

Dude, Ched is one of the nicest guys on Hogville. I have followed his reports since he got into sports broadcasting and he has always been fair.

He may have chosen too strong of a word with pregnant, but calling him media trash is completely out of line.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hogville38 on April 04, 2014, 08:05:39 pm
I gave you a +1 for the post when you called out Poodle (who was being a bit over the top) but you're going overboard about UU. He actually gave Collins a compliment in saying he hadn't lost speed despite the weight. The only thing he did wrong was use of hyperbole in saying Collins looked pregnant. You're either trolling or just taking this a bit too seriously.