jb11

This is getting out of hand.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ifghog

HOGINTENNESSEE

jb11

All of the recent transfers.  Can't tell me there is no recruiting going on.  And yes, I understand he was going to a private school, but he is not the only one in the last few years.

Peppa Pig

Quote from: jb11 on April 03, 2014, 01:25:28 pm

I couldn't agree more!!  I think.  Or maybe I totally disagree.  Definitely one of those two.  Probably.

SemperFi

Quote from: jb11 on April 03, 2014, 01:25:28 pm

Please feel free to elaborate.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ifghog

It has been happening forever. It's just the BIG LR schools are starting to get involved. It is just the nature of the beast now days.

The_Iceman

Why only punish private schools for recruiting, when now it appears public schools are doing it too.

They make private school kids sit out a year if they transfer, why not public schools?

redeye

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 03, 2014, 03:14:05 pm
Why only punish private schools for recruiting, when now it appears public schools are doing it too.

They make private school kids sit out a year if they transfer, why not public schools?

Why do they make private school transfers sit out a year?  And how are private schools being punished for recruiting?

Personally, I don't like the idea of any high schools recruiting athletes.

immahog

idk if NLR is out looking for kids.... but I will say that NLR is the school that kids wanna be at they have great programs all around .....new stadium Best arena in central arkansas new Facilities, NIKE!!! I mean thats where I would wanna be .....NLR is what high school football should look like its the best program in central arkansas .....
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Wildhog

Quote from: immahog on April 03, 2014, 03:46:20 pm
idk if NLR is out looking for kids.... but I will say that NLR is the school that kids wanna be at they have great programs all around .....new stadium Best arena in central arkansas new Facilities, NIKE!!! I mean thats where I would wanna be .....NLR is what high school football should look like its the best program in central arkansas .....

If they don't start sending their studs to Arkansas, then it's all for naught.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggish1

Lewis is a huge stud; hits like a freight train and Clowney like! 

trashcan maN

PGTIGERHOG

Public school kids do have to sit out a year of varsity play if they transfer unless there is a bona fide move by the parent.

If a person thinks they have a reason for a 'hardship' they can appeal to the AAA.

Dirty

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 03, 2014, 03:14:05 pm

Because school boosters give the parents of a kid a job so they can "legally" move into the school district. Not sure about the public high school rules in Arkansas, but it happens occasionally in public schools in the Tulsa area. And Private Schools in this area? All they have to do is give the kid a scholarship to attend their school and it doesn't matter where they live.

Naturally, I feel that these recruited kids should also be paid. 3, 2, 1...to Fatty.  ;)
Go Hogs Go!

redeye

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 03, 2014, 05:46:06 pm
Because school boosters give the parents of a kid a job so they can "legally" move into the school district. Not sure about the public high school rules in Arkansas, but it happens occasionally in public schools in the Tulsa area. And Private Schools in this area? All they have to do is give the kid a scholarship to attend their school and it doesn't matter where they live.

Naturally, I feel that these recruited kids should also be paid. 3, 2, 1...to Fatty.  ;)

I'm going to assume you're joking.

gibby

Quote from: redeye on April 03, 2014, 03:38:57 pm
And how are private schools being punished for recruiting?

Is this a serious question? If so, several years ago (10-ish?) the AAA instituted a "multiplier" (1.5 or 2x of enrolled students) to the formula that determines a school's classification. It applies to all private schools. So the private schools that would normally participate at a 3A level, for example, now play at 5A level, etc.

Hog are ya

Hey, as long as these schools are making sure the kids take care of business in the classroom, I'm all for getting the Central Arkansas talent back on the field!  Recruiting or whatever....  And yes, they BETTER be feeding the hill!!!

Piggfoot

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 03, 2014, 05:46:06 pm

It was rumored years ago that Potlatch or a lumber mill gave jobs to the Dads of kids  from surrounding communities to transfer and play for Warren.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.