Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K Marshall write up

Started by ldfergu, April 03, 2014, 12:07:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/marshall-adjusting-full-time-role-backfield

I'm glad he's back there.  Provides more competition and will push the trio of RB's a little harder.  Plus, if someone (god forbid) gets injured....

Steef

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

gmarv

Hoggish1

Marshall has break it potential every time he touches the ball.

Prestworthy

Some on here believe he's worthy of mop up duty only.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 04, 2014, 12:50:37 am

just as some think he is the best thing since sliced bread simply because he is from Arkansas.  I suspect the truth is somewhere in between
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 04, 2014, 07:06:02 am
just as some think he is the best thing since sliced bread simply because he is from Arkansas.  I suspect the truth is somewhere in between

agree

trashcan maN

Another poster arguing with ghosts. I guess when there is no drama, it never hurts to stir some up.

I read this board every day, and I have not read one single post suggesting this.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 03, 2014, 08:05:37 pm
Marshall has break it potential every time he touches the ball.

You know, it is quite humorous to hear EVERYONE in the WORLD saying this when his longest run of last season was 32 yards. 

I'm not saying I necessarily disagree, but it is just funny to hear it all the time, seeing as how he hasn't broken a run over 32 yards.

The guy who doesn't have breakaway speed (Collins) had a long of 55 and JWill had a long of 75.  I know Marshall had far less touches.

Marshall definitely has potential to be a really good RB.  I just hope he lives up to the Arkansas fan hype.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 04, 2014, 07:39:08 am
You know, it is quite humorous to hear EVERYONE in the WORLD saying this when his longest run of last season was 32 yards. 

I'm not saying I necessarily disagree, but it is just funny to hear it all the time, seeing as how he hasn't broken a run over 32 yards.

The guy who doesn't have breakaway speed (Collins) had a long of 55 and JWill had a long of 75.  I know Marshall had far less touches.

Marshall definitely has potential to be a really good RB.  I just hope he lives up to the Arkansas fan hype.

It was blatantly obvious last year that he's faster than both Collins and Williams. Yes, Collins had a run for 55 yards on 173 more carries than Marshall and Williams had a 75 yard run thanks to a block in the back by Eric Hawkins as he was getting caught, but Marshall showed more speed than both. All of his runs aside, if his kickoff return against LSU wasn't evidence enough of that for you then I give up.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

The Hogfather

Quote from: HogInFlorida on April 04, 2014, 07:47:53 am
It was blatantly obvious last year that he's faster than both Collins and Williams.

Faster doesn't necessarily mean he's going to "take it all the way" when he gets touches.

I know he's fast and as I CLEARLY said in my previous post, I don't necessarily disagree with the "threat to take it all the way" line.

It is just funny to me that everyone in the world is talking about how he's a "threat to take it all the way on every touch" and his longest run last season was 32 yards.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 04, 2014, 07:39:08 am

You answered your own skepticism about Marshall and your statement is as colossal an understatement as I've seen on Hogville! 

There is nothing funny about what some think about Marshall, his lack of touches taken into account.  His KO returns are an indication of what to expect as our O-line matures.

A clear eyed analysis of Collins will tell you that he is very close to taking it all the way on many occasions, but he was always tripped up or run out of bounds down field.

My eye tells me that Marshall would have had the step, early after the hand off, to break it, where Collins could not.

On the other hand, our O-line, as it continues to get better, will sustain blocks longer and off linemen will clip pursuing defenders enough to spring Collins, too...  And in that case it will come down to who blocks better, and picks up blitz packages, as well as who is the better receiver out of the backfield.

3kgthog

In this offense, AC's feet make him a more useful every down back. He's going to get those 2-3 hard yards on a blown up play simply because he can make the first guy miss at the LOS.

Marshall will be a nice edge guy and he might pop one up the middle. He also provides a more deadly passing threat with that speed. That doesn't mean he's going to replace JWill or AC as our main choice to pound the ground with, though. We ain't Oregon.

PonderinHog

Think of Korliss's offensive role as peanuts at a bar - complementary.

The Hogfather

April 04, 2014, 08:38:47 am #15 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:49:07 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 04, 2014, 08:15:07 am
I pointed out ^ that you answered your own skepticism about Marshall.  There is nothing funny about what some think about Marshall, his lack of touches taken into account.  His KO returns are an indication of what to expect as our O-line matures.

I don't have any skepticism about Marshall.  I think he's a good RB and can be great with more practice.  It is just funny to me that everyone says he's a "threat to take it all the way everytime he touches it" even though his longest run so far is 32 yards.

Everyone says it simply because he's fast.

To a lot of Arkansas fans, especially on Hogville:

Fast = Great RB
Faster RB = Better RB
Not Hitting 80-yard TD runs = Slow
5.6 yards on every single carry = Not as good as 80 yards on every 50th carry (because the 5.6 yard-per-carry RB is not a "threat to take it all the way on every carry")

PorkRinds

And some act like he's the next DMAC after only a handful of touches last season.

Chief Mac

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 04, 2014, 08:19:31 am
In this offense, AC's feet make him a more useful every down back. He's going to get those 2-3 hard yards on a blown up play simply because he can make the first guy miss at the LOS.

Marshall will be a nice edge guy and he might pop one up the middle. He also provides a more deadly passing threat with that speed. That doesn't mean he's going to replace JWill or AC as our main choice to pound the ground with, though. We ain't Oregon.

This.  Collins patience and vision are on a plus level for a running back.  Those qualities are what seperate good backs from average backs.

Marshall is great on the edge due to his speed.

JWill is a bull who's legs keep churning after contact and can break a long run

all three are good for different reasons
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Legball13

Someone please make a list of all the Korliss doubter, You are going to see that, even though he does wear braids and post his every move on Twitter.. that he is the real deal! I cant wait to see these same people who think he is nothing but a change of pace back, start blowing him up (and saying they knew it all along) when he starts getting more and more carries and becomes THE star!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Legball13 on April 04, 2014, 10:11:00 am
Someone please make a list of all the Korliss doubter, You are going to see that, even though he does wear braids and post his every move on Twitter.. that he is the real deal! I cant wait to see these same people who think he is nothing but a change of pace back, start blowing him up (and saying they knew it all along) when he starts getting more and more carries and becomes THE star!

I have no doubts that Korliss has a chance to be a really amazing back.  I'm just not ready to anoint him yet based on one season of limited carries. 

TeedupHigh

Never heard so much bitching about these three RB's!  Let them play, then we all will see who is the best.  If one get's more carries than the other two then all questions SHOULD be answered, BUT it is HOGVILLE after all and we do have a much better staff here than on the sideline doing the coaching!  I would love to see all of them light it up!  Hope KM get's the Jet Sweep carries that Hatcher got last year...............

HogInFlorida

Quote from: TeedupHigh on April 04, 2014, 11:39:11 am
Never heard so much bitching about these three RB's!  Let them play, then we all will see who is the best.  If one get's more carries than the other two then all questions SHOULD be answered, BUT it is HOGVILLE after all and we do have a much better staff here than on the sideline doing the coaching!  I would love to see all of them light it up!  Hope KM get's the Jet Sweep carries that Hatcher got last year...............

Not unless he's moving to WR
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogInFlorida on April 04, 2014, 12:21:25 pm
Not unless he's moving to WR

He's been reported to have good hands, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him split out wide at certain times...

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 04, 2014, 12:37:30 pm
He's been reported to have good hands, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him split out wide at certain times...

PorkHinds, he will play wing back as to catch passes out of the backfield as well as a little at slot reciever. He will be on KR with Jojo Robinson, He will be a solid player PorkHinds.

plumbhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 04, 2014, 08:43:55 am
And some act like he's the next DMAC after only a handful of touches last season.
Reminds me more of Madre Hill than DMAC.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

PorkRinds

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 04, 2014, 12:39:51 pm
PorkHinds, he will play wing back as to catch passes out of the backfield as well as a little at slot reciever. He will be on KR with Jojo Robinson, He will be a solid player PorkHinds.

Thanks TheRazorbackGay.  I appreciate the insight. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 04, 2014, 01:08:05 pm
Thanks TheRazorbackGay.  I appreciate the insight. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

DeltaBoy

Good read and we need all those boys out there to touch the Rock.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 04, 2014, 02:37:23 pm
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I must be missing your point...

HogInFlorida

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 04, 2014, 02:42:33 pm

Indeed we do and it would be a brilliant move

lumphog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 04, 2014, 02:42:33 pm
Agree, We NEED them ALL!! There is room for all of them, but I love to see the Homegrown boys SHINE. The Arkansas guys like KM are overlooked..... Mark my words, KM will be a STAR!!! SPEEED is what you NEEED!!!! Speed Kills... M,Kay

bvillepig

Who cares who's the best.   They are all Hogs and they are all good.

PORKULATOR

I'm with bvillepig (+1 btw), who cares which is best. We root for all three and cheer for whichever one is puttin up sixes.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

alohawg

If your name is Korliss and you're from Arkansas, you're a shoe in legend.....it's only a matter of time.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ldfergu

Quote from: alohawg on April 05, 2014, 02:07:20 pm
If your name is Korliss and you're from Arkansas, you're a shoe in legend.....it's only a matter of time.

Best logic I've seen on this board in awhile

Country Stylz

Marshall is the most talented RB on the team.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Prestworthy

PorkRinds

Quote from: Country Stylz on April 07, 2014, 05:39:59 pm
Marshall is the most talented RB on the team.

Said a guy who has no idea if that's really true or not.

Cotton

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 04, 2014, 07:06:02 am
Exactly +1
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Prestworthy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 08:02:43 am
Said a guy who has no idea if that's really true or not.
why not instead of making someone feel dumb, you question their logic? I bet you wouldn't have said that to his face in the stands at a game. It would have been rude.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 08, 2014, 08:07:58 am
why not instead of making someone feel dumb, you question their logic? I bet you wouldn't have said that to his face in the stands at a game. It would have been rude.

If a random guy was standing in the stands screaming that KM was the best back on the team while AC and JWill tear up the field, I'd say that to his face. And it wouldn't be rude, it would be REALITY.  My post was questioning his logic.  He (and no one else) has any idea if Korliss is the best back on the team, but all the evidence leads to him NOT being the best back on the team. If he (or you since this is your favorite past time too) has any proof that KM is the best back on the team, despite only seeing him with limited carries last season, and not seeing him AT ALL this season, I'll be willing to listen.  Until then, what I said is 100% true.  He has no idea if KM is the best back on the team, because all the evidence points to a different conclusion.  How's that for logic?

Prestworthy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 08:35:46 am
If a random guy was standing in the stands screaming that KM was the best back on the team while AC and JWill tear up the field, I'd say that to his face. And it wouldn't be rude, it would be REALITY.  My post was questioning his logic.  He (and no one else) has any idea if Korliss is the best back on the team, but all the evidence leads to him NOT being the best back on the team. If he (or you since this is your favorite past time too) has any proof that KM is the best back on the team, despite only seeing him with limited carries last season, and not seeing him AT ALL this season, I'll be willing to listen.  Until then, what I said is 100% true.  He has no idea if KM is the best back on the team, because all the evidence points to a different conclusion.  How's that for logic?
hope your day gets better.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 08, 2014, 08:45:05 am
hope your day gets better.

My day is fine, bro.  I just don't suffer foolishness.  Again, show proof he's the best back on the team.  There is none.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Legball13 on April 04, 2014, 10:11:00 am
That list is just as imaginary as the list that thinks Long does no wrong, CBB is the greatest HC ever and BP sucked.  People make it up to feel better about their POV.  Sad really...  I have no opinion of KM, but I do know that if he earns pt, it will be because he is very good because the two guys ahead of him have already proven it.  He just has it to do and as of now, he has not earned PT away from the other two.  That is not called hating, it is called reality.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PorkRinds

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 08, 2014, 08:57:49 am
That list is just as imaginary as the list that thinks Long does no wrong, CBB is the greatest HC ever and BP sucked.  People make it up to feel better about their POV.  Sad really...  I have no opinion of KM, but I do know that if he earns pt, it will be because he is very good because the two guys ahead of him have already proven it.  He just has it to do.

Exactly. I like KM.  I hope like heck he's as good or better than AC and JWill.  But at this point, to say so is wishful thinking at best.

Pork Twain

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 09:00:37 am
Exactly. I like KM.  I hope like heck he's as good or better than AC and JWill.  But at this point, to say so is wishful thinking at best.
I love how people on Hogville continuously make up these shadow groups, just because everyone does not agree with them.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The Hogfather

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 08, 2014, 09:19:13 am
I love how people on Hogville continuously make up these shadow groups, just because everyone does not agree with them.

You've just been added to the Shadow Group Creator Hater shadow group.  Hope it was worth it.

Cotton

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 08, 2014, 09:22:29 am
You've just been added to the Shadow Group Creator Hater shadow group.  Hope it was worth it.
Hahahaha well done
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX