Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strength Coach Deets resigns

Started by The_Iceman, April 02, 2014, 11:55:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

April 03, 2014, 09:37:32 am #50 Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:03:13 am by Breems
OK, then.

The Hogs have improved barely, minimally, enough... something to that end. Enough to raise expectations each year.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Breems

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 03, 2014, 02:04:37 am
im just saying acting like Mike is above firing someone because they are all buddies and drink beers together at the coaches picnic is laughable.

As is your notion that he fired him because of his contributions to a "sinking ship." LoL.

Smithian

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 03, 2014, 09:29:01 am
Or, you could look at it as going from 9th, to 7th, to 5th in the SEC. At this rate, I expect Mike to be 3rd in the SEC next year.
It's improvement, but I don't know about exponential.

You yourself said the goal was NCAA this season, with no excuses.

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 09, 2013, 03:38:04 pm
Yet, you clearly don't see where I am making zero excuses for next year. This team should be an NCAA team next season. No excuses not to be. Mike has his players and his system in place.

My point was we were an NIT caliber team this year. We have a better resume than many of the teams that got in above us (Top 50 RPI wins, faced two Final 4 teams in non-conference). Therefore, the NIT is not the next stepping stone for this program, the NCAA is.
There is improvement, but it's not bad to admit the improvement is a lot slower than we hoped for.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Breems on April 03, 2014, 09:41:03 am
As is your notion that he fired him because of his contributions to a "sinking ship." LoL.

I was not insinuating the program was a sinking ship, I was however insinuating that if things do not improve Mike will make changes. He is not going to just sit there and keep people around him if they dont get the job done. No matter how big of a "loyalty guy" he is.

Like I said, its all nice and feel good to say that stuff, but its complete garbage.

twistitup

Quote from: Breems on April 03, 2014, 09:37:32 am
OK, then.

The Hogs have improved barely, minimally, enough... something to that end. Enough to raise expectations each year.

Breems, college basketball is a business. Friendship is separate from this. People are regularly encouraged to resign in order to help smooth the transition vs being fired. Leaving on your own won't hurt the resume
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Breems

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 03, 2014, 12:39:17 pmI was however insinuating that if things do not improve Mike will make changes.

Sure he would. But things have been and are improving.

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 03, 2014, 12:39:17 pmHe is not going to just sit there and keep people around him if they dont get the job done. No matter how big of a "loyalty guy" he is.

What evidence do you have to suggest that Deets is "not getting the job done" or is hindering Mike's progress, other than your opinion that our roster should be filled with 260-pounders at every position?

Deets is familiar with the conditioning routine required for Mike Anderson's players and chose to bring him to Arkansas after 5 years at Missouri (a transitioning period in which he could've easily dumped him).

If you have some kind of knowledge regarding Deets' departure, please enlighten me.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Breems on April 03, 2014, 02:43:26 pm
Sure he would. But things have been and are improving.

What evidence do you have to suggest that Deets is "not getting the job done" or is hindering Mike's progress, other than your opinion that our roster should be filled with 260-pounders at every position?

Deets is familiar with the conditioning routine required for Mike Anderson's players and chose to bring him to Arkansas after 5 years at Missouri (a transitioning period in which he could've easily dumped him).

If you have some kind of knowledge regarding Deets' departure, please enlighten me.

I just have a bunch of basketball players that I see in person at least once a week, and some dont even look like they lift, let alone have someone tailoring a program specifically for them.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 03, 2014, 05:31:26 pm
I just have a bunch of basketball players that I see in person at least once a week, and some dont even look like they lift, let alone have someone tailoring a program specifically for them.

Go back one page and look at the difference between Bobby Portis now and Bobby Portis at the All American game.

Porked Tongue

Nothing hidden here.  You'll see when he starts his other job.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Breems on April 02, 2014, 10:13:19 pm
After spending 5 years at Missouri and helping Mike build a winning program, Deets came to Arkansas and spent 3 years here, helping improve the program exponentially each year.

Mike is not in desperation mode frantically pushing out and experimenting with expendable staff members. He doesn't need to while he has the program trending upwards. There's no sinking ship. He sticks with guys that he knows and that are familiar with his system.

Look, I applaud you for trying to spit "Mike made a good move" through those hardened teeth, but there are more legitimate things you could applaud him for with the added benefit of not making yourself look like a 'tard.

As per Hogville usual, the 57% non-graduates are showing. Now we simply have to wait for his browser plugin to translate this to "AhoahspfILOVEMIKEANDERSONlkjasdf"

I know I'm late to the party but that was some funny sh**, and unfortunately so true.  I think you are being a bit generous at only 57%. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Cresthog

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 03, 2014, 09:29:01 am
Or, you could look at it as going from 9th, to 7th, to 5th in the SEC. At this rate, I expect Mike to be 3rd in the SEC next year.

geometrically?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 02, 2014, 02:24:47 pm

Anybody have any thoughts on who we may be looking at?

Bobby Knight might be available.......

Believe he still has a....."chair throwing" routine....for one of his conditioning drills.....

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

acey33

Quote from: jusgtohogs on April 02, 2014, 01:34:01 pm
Wait!  The basketball team had a strength coach?  Not seeing evidence of it in the players

I didn't realize the bball team had a strength coach...lol   

Foshodo

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on April 02, 2014, 06:40:40 pm
If Martin leaves Tenn, wonder if we could get their STC?

maybe he can get madden to bulk up into a Stokes type player...?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Foshodo on April 08, 2014, 11:46:56 pm

Except Stokes has been that bulky since HS

RazorCraft

I sent Kelly Lambert a message asking him if he was being considered or if he had been talked with...no response yet.  WIll keep you updated. 
This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

twistitup

Quote from: Foshodo on April 08, 2014, 11:46:56 pm

Sarcasm is tough online....you're joking, right?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RazorCraft on April 14, 2014, 03:04:08 pm
I sent Kelly Lambert a message asking him if he was being considered or if he had been talked with...no response yet.  WIll keep you updated. 

Thanks

Foshodo

HOGINTENNESSEE

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 27, 2014, 09:57:32 pm
Still no new coach?

Guess not. Would like to hear some developments on this front.

Smithian

Don't they already have a number of strength and conditioning coaches in the department? Isn't Pelphrey's last strength coach still around? They probably shifted staff around until Anderdon's target is available.

HA, any insight?

LaDecima

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 27, 2014, 09:57:32 pm
Still no new coach?

A new S&C coach has been hired and is currently putting the players through offseason workouts.

You'll find out a name when Coach Anderson decides to release the name.

The new S&C coach has several years of strength and conditioning experience at very high levels of basketball.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Smithian on May 28, 2014, 09:47:51 am
Don't they already have a number of strength and conditioning coaches in the department? Isn't Pelphrey's last strength coach still around? They probably shifted staff around until Anderdon's target is available.

HA, any insight?

Lambert was the S&C coach prior to and during Pel's tenure as coach. He left for the Grizzlies in October of 2010. Todd Barbour slid over from Olympic Sports to assist that final season, but even today he also acts as the S&C coach for the women's basketball team.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Smithian

Quote from: LaDecima on May 28, 2014, 10:04:39 am
A new S&C coach has been hired and is currently putting the players through offseason workouts.

You'll find out a name when Coach Anderson decides to release the name.

The new S&C coach has several years of strength and conditioning experience at very high levels of basketball.
I wonder if anyone on Jump Ball is crazy enough to FOIA this.

"WE DEMAND ANSWERS!"

ricepig

Quote from: Smithian on May 28, 2014, 11:05:04 am
I wonder if anyone on Jump Ball is crazy enough to FOIA this.

"WE DEMAND ANSWERS!"

You mean you haven't learned this trait in you present job?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 28, 2014, 10:11:15 am
Lambert was the S&C coach prior to and during Pel's tenure as coach. He left for the Grizzlies in October of 2010. Todd Barbour slid over from Olympic Sports to assist that final season, but even today he also acts as the S&C coach for the women's basketball team.

I would be all for Lambert coming back.

Smithian

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2014, 11:31:44 am
You mean you haven't learned this trait in you present job?
I'm not crazy enough.

Now, if negotiations come back up regarding coke vs Pepsi...

ricepig

Quote from: Smithian on May 28, 2014, 12:54:43 pm
I'm not crazy enough.

Yeah, but aren't you suppose to have operatives that can??

LaDecima

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 28, 2014, 11:49:06 am
I would be all for Lambert coming back.

He's not. So, sit and wait. Watch our young men grow.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Smithian on May 28, 2014, 12:54:43 pm
I'm not crazy enough.

If you are who I think you are... you know I won that B-strat business challenge.  Difference between an a and b on a 6 hour class because of that, lol.  I'm over it. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 28, 2014, 03:26:48 pm
If you are who I think you are... you know I won that B-strat business challenge.  Difference between an a and b on a 6 hour class because of that, lol.  I'm over it. 

Got 892 out of 1000 points in that class. Most frustrating B I ever received. Especially because of the 4-person teams, some of those points I missed I had nothing to do with.

rzrbackramsfan

May 28, 2014, 04:01:34 pm #84 Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 04:25:00 pm by rzrbackramsfan
Quote from: The_Iceman on May 28, 2014, 03:30:01 pm
Got 892 out of 1000 points in that class. Most frustrating B I ever received. Especially because of the 4-person teams, some of those points I missed I had nothing to do with.

Ahhh that sucks!  I was like 2 or 3 points under the curve.

I remember I was gone the first week and my team did terrible, like a ridiculous amount of emergency loans and underproduction we were in last place by far and not to brag but I know what was is up in that game.  We ended up with the highest market cap, sales, market share, profit margin, and roe unfortunately our performance measures were I think market share, market cap and stock price.  So we finished 1,1, and 2.  The winning team's was stock price, roa,   and something else.  The ony ones they got first on were their performance measure.  They got anywhere from 96-100% and we got anywhere from 90-94% of the simulation plus possibly other grades that came from it. 

I think that class is gone now.   

HOGINTENNESSEE

onebadrubi

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 28, 2014, 04:01:34 pm
Ahhh that sucks!  I was like 2 or 3 points under the curve.

I remember I was gone the first week and my team did terrible, like a ridiculous amount of emergency loans and underproduction we were in last place by far and not to brag but I know what was is up in that game.  We ended up with the highest market cap, sales, market share, profit margin, and roe unfortunately our performance measures were I think market share, market cap and stock price.  So we finished 1,1, and 2.  The winning team's was stock price, roa,   and something else.  The ony ones they got first on were their performance measure.  They got anywhere from 96-100% and we got anywhere from 90-94% of the simulation plus possibly other grades that came from it. 

I think that class is gone now.

Holy cow, trip down memory lane!  I rocked that class!  Even had two teamates drop during semester!  Me and one girl split it, I took the simulation she did the paper.  (Helped her mom was an english professor at Mizzou, never did get a real reason she was at U of A). 

rzrbackramsfan

Haha cause mizzou sucks.  I'll play you in that simulation any day! Were you a finance or accounting major?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 28, 2014, 05:46:19 pm
Yes I'm aware of this. I already posted it in the thread. One page back

Hey chill out he's not coming.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 02, 2014, 04:15:19 pm
Absolutely.

Trey isn't like most players Anderson recruits. He has the frame and potential for a body like some fans want to see.

Porked Tongue

They are promoting internally.  They just are waiting to announce it.

lumphog

rzrbackramsfan

Surprised no one just asks a player and reports it on here.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 03, 2014, 01:25:37 am

What are you waiting on?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Porked Tongue

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 03, 2014, 01:25:37 am
Someone did.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 02, 2014, 04:13:39 pm
I think a good S&C coach can turn Trey Thompson into a force inside. He's got the body to be a monster. Turn that baby fat into muscle and he'll contribute.

I was thinking the same thing. Trey has the body to be transformed into a beast if he loves the weight room.

Porked Tongue

It won't be the weight room that brings Trey around.  Good old fashion sweat will be the key.

rzrbackramsfan

Porked Tongue

The new guy has them running an old drill.

Cleveland.