No practice report?

Started by swinesation, April 02, 2014, 07:09:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

What the heck? Hook a brother up.

razorback44

Quote from: swinesation on April 02, 2014, 07:09:24 am
What the heck? Hook a brother up.

Practice was closed to the media yesterday.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Turminator

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine on April 03, 2014, 04:03:55 pm
Make something up..!

The defense is looking dominant - simplifying has really helped

BA looks sharp making every kind of throw

All the players are passing the "eye test" the strength an conditioning coach must be the best in the history of athletics.

Robert Thomas is ten feet tall and shoots fire balls out his arse...  un-blockable!   Oops that's old news sorry he is gone

How's that :)

wholehog92

Quote from: Turminator on April 03, 2014, 04:09:16 pm
The defense is looking dominant - simplifying has really helped

BA looks sharp making every kind of throw

All the players are passing the "eye test" the strength an conditioning coach must be the best in the history of athletics.

Robert Thomas is ten feet tall and shoots fire balls out his arse...  un-blockable!   Oops that's old news sorry he is gone

How's that :)

Thanks for the detail.  Wish our local media would give us the straight scoop like that.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The meager trickle of information does nothing but hurt the program.  I would rather have propaganda, rainbows, and unicorns blown up my *** than nothing.  No better way to cause an already frustrated fan base to lose interest than to cut off information completely.  Where is our hope?  That's what fans need right now, a reason to stay interested.

I don't think every single practice should be open to the public but come on.  We had much more info last year and finally with a new HC people were interested.  I think this Spring Game will be much less of a big deal than any in recent past and the attendance will be quite low in comparison.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hobhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 03, 2014, 04:42:32 pm
The meager trickle of information does nothing but hurt the program.  I would rather have propaganda, rainbows, and unicorns blown up my *** than nothing.  No better way to cause an already frustrated fan base to lose interest than to cut off information completely.  Where is our hope?  That's what fans need right now, a reason to stay interested.

I don't think every single practice should be open to the public but come on.  We had much more info last year and finally with a new HC people were interested.  I think this Spring Game will be much less of a big deal than any in recent past and the attendance will be quite low in comparison.

Closed practices are not unique to the Arkansas program.

Danny J

I agree totally. Adds to the frustration we already feel and as fans we are looking for any good news we can find to give us hope for this season.

Danny J

Quote from: hobhog on April 03, 2014, 04:54:44 pm
Going winless in SEC last year was.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hobhog on April 03, 2014, 04:54:44 pm

There's closed then there's DPRK closed.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ComeonHogs!!!

I thought about starting a thread with this very thought. How do we Build hope? Spring should be a time of optimism! every practice should have stories coming out for 2 to 3 days learning little tidbits about this team. this just build intrest and anticipation. it builds a emotional investment that keeps us coming back. the 15 pratices become 45 days of good public bonding with this program. When these practices become closed they turn raging fandom into utter apathy. And when the season starts if things turn bad fans bail quickly because they have nothing invested.

I really do not understand. spring ball and fall camps ALWAYS produce positive emotions and reports. Why would a adminstation want to do away with all the positive hype.
State Pride!!!

BPsTheMan

"Closed"?

The grassy knoll is a great spot to see into Razorback Stadium and Eddie Sutton's old parking spot is a great place to see into the practice field (as is Razorbackparking.com house).

So the real story is Scott Falcone HAS THE STORY AND WON'T TELL US!

>:(

ThundrHawg

I wish they would close every practice, the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here when they are closed is considerably more entertaining than the practice "reports" we get from our "media".

Jek Tono Porkins

I'm glad practices are closed. Open practices leads to things like this:
-Poster that saw practice: "OMG (insert player here) was dominating today in practice he's going to roll all over the SEC."
-Multiple other posters: "That's awesome he's awesome we're going to be awesome I can't wait to see how awesome (insert player here) is we're going to win 9 games this year."

Then when the season starts and (insert player here) doesn't dominate, people get mad because they've convinced themselves that (insert player here) was supposed to be dominant and then they start bashing the player or they bash the staff because, in their eyes, the staff is obviously doing something wrong because that player isn't living up to the (false) expectations that were created by a poster at practice.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hogfan1660

LOL.... +1! You must have been reading this board over the past few seasons or something!

ComeonHogs!!!

Quote from: ReddieHawg on April 03, 2014, 07:44:53 pm
I'm glad practices are closed. Open practices leads to things like this:
-Poster that saw practice: "OMG (insert player here) was dominating today in practice he's going to roll all over the SEC."
-Multiple other posters: "That's awesome he's awesome we're going to be awesome I can't wait to see how awesome (insert player here) is we're going to win 9 games this year."

Then when the season starts and (insert player here) doesn't dominate, people get mad because they've convinced themselves that (insert player here) was supposed to be dominant and then they start bashing the player or they bash the staff because, in their eyes, the staff is obviously doing something wrong because that player isn't living up to the (false) expectations that were created by a poster at practice.

Thanks for making my point. 45 days of positives, coming off back to back crappy seasons, would have done nothing but good.
State Pride!!!