Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AS the season ends here is something to think about for next year

Started by tophawg19, April 01, 2014, 04:48:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

NCAA  final 4 - we beat Kentucky twice and came within a missed shot of beating Florida . It's possible that we might have beaten the National champs twice. If KY wins that is   

NIT final 4 -- we have beaten SMU, Clemson , and minn . 3/4 of the final 4 . if we can find any kind of consistency we can be a player next year for the dance . IF The ones we have mature and the new ones help much , we can be in the SEC race as well since I think KY and Florida will lose several players each
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogsanity

to me that just shows what a disappointment this season was.  And next year they will be relying on newcomers to provide the consistency, and that is a tall order.  Maybe they can handle that, hope so, but that is alot to put on the new guys.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on April 01, 2014, 05:03:00 pm
to me that just shows what a disappointment this season was.  And next year they will be relying on newcomers to provide the consistency, and that is a tall order.  Maybe they can handle that, hope so, but that is alot to put on the new guys.

Bubble team in 2015 is unacceptable. These newcomers or kids better rise to the occasion next season

MGB1229

I'll go with the glass half full approach.  If the guards can get in the paint and get our big guys easy scoring opportunities or get fouled then we will be a better team.  After watching all three play I think we will be much improved in that area.  Not saying they will be all world out of the box, but they are a definite upgrade.  If the rest of the team takes steps to improve in the off-season then we will go dancing and then who knows.   

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: MGB1229 on April 01, 2014, 05:30:13 pm
I'll go with the glass half full approach.  If the guards can get in the paint and get our big guys easy scoring opportunities or get fouled then we will be a better team.  After watching all three play I think we will be much improved in that area.  Not saying they will be all world out of the box, but they are a definite upgrade.  If the rest of the team takes steps to improve in the off-season then we will go dancing and then who knows.   

Dancing is not enough next year. This team needs to be a ranked team entering the tournament and not a bubble team.

MGB1229

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 01, 2014, 05:38:55 pm
Dancing is not enough next year. This team needs to be a ranked team entering the tournament and not a bubble team.

I will be happy if we get in and can win one or two next year.  Do I want more?  Absolutely.  I don't think it's a defeatists approach for people to be satisfied with just getting in either after what we've been through for 20 years.   

I do agree that we don't need to be a bubble team though.  Time to step it up and take the next step which in my opinion would be a halfway decent seed in the dance next year. 

dsims2k3

To me that shows how close we were. We will be upgraded at the guard position while graduating seniors.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

The_Bionic_Pig

I am looking forward to a possible big lineup that contains skill players.

6'5 Nick Babb - PG/SG
6'5 Kye Madden - PG/SG
6'7 Keaton Miles - SF
6'9 Bobby Portis - PF
6'9 Moses Kingsley C
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Danny J

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 01, 2014, 06:42:23 pm
I am looking forward to a possible big lineup that contains skill players.

6'5 Nick Babb - PG/SG
6'5 Kye Madden - PG/SG
6'7 Keaton Miles - SF
6'9 Bobby Portis - PF
6'9 Moses Kingsley C
I will be shocked if he starts two new comers. I am guessing to start the season this will be our lineup:

Madden
Bell
Qualls
Harris
Portis

CMA almost always starts more experienced players over newcomers unless there is a immediate need like Portis was this year.

The_Iceman

This year we got no consistency from the senior guards leaving. So at worst, is the same as it was, but with an improved Portis and Kingsley to go with Qualls, Madden, Bell, and Harris.

Sharky

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 01, 2014, 05:38:55 pm

Ranked? Seriously? That would be nice, but our recruits don't look to be much better than what we're losing, so it really depends on how the team gels and our scheduling (beat some less terrible cupcakes to boost our RPI; maybe win a true road game during non-con).

Anyway, a non-bubble walk into the tourney next year as an 6-10 seed would be significant progress, and it seems hard criticize CMA until there's an obvious regression, though this season was closer to stagnant than I would have liked.

AWHAWG

mMy glass is half full

Temprees

Quote from: Sharky on April 01, 2014, 08:28:49 pm
Ranked? Seriously? That would be nice, but our recruits don't look to be much better than what we're losing, so it really depends on how the team gels and our scheduling (beat some less terrible cupcakes to boost our RPI; maybe win a true road game during non-con).

Anyway, a non-bubble walk into the tourney next year as an 6-10 seed would be significant progress, and it seems hard criticize CMA until there's an obvious regression, though this season was closer to stagnant than I would have liked.
I have seen Beard play many times.  He is significantly better than any guard that we are losing, and that includes Madden (as a point guard).