Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dykes really?? is this April Fools? early??

Started by baumsquad, March 31, 2014, 10:22:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baumsquad

How can a Division 1 SEC program hire some talking head from ESPN with no Head Coaching experience? what's his style? How can he recruit, besides we know he able to get young females aka his wife? Will he run motion? will he play man? What is his in game strategy tendencies? we don't know cause he has never been a head coach! my point is all this is unknown, and when you compare his resume with coaches they had mentioned or could have gotten is like comparing a boys club coach to Coach K! What he better do his hire someone with some in state ties either a high school coach that knows everyone in the state such as Smith at Northside, or Fimple at NLR or Hutchcraft at Conway. Yes I heard all the we building fence and we won't lose in state talent BS like we heard before! What makes Dykes different and makes players want to play for him? He coached Shiloh girls? He on Espn? I got a young wife? fyi girls don't watch espn like boys how many top plays are girls or are girls highlight shown?, and most top girls talent has no idea who he is! Dykes may turn out to work in the end, but his resume looks like closer to a sports reporter than a basketball coach and a big time SEC program don't hire sports editors as there head coach!!!
JUST WIN BABY!!

ricepig

Only fool is you for starting another thread after you have posted the same response in the other 5 threads. We get it, you don't like the hire, but I guess if you type it out more times, it will change.

baumsquad

Ricepig.... what are you the hogville patrol? stuff you write annoys the crap out of me as well but it is your opinion and you have the right to it..........
JUST WIN BABY!!

Dr. Starcs

Yeah. We shoulda hired someone with a proven track record. (Tom Collen, Susie Gardner)

Pork Twain

Quote from: baumsquad on March 31, 2014, 10:22:41 am
How can a Division 1 SEC program hire some talking head from ESPN with no Head Coaching experience? what's his style? How can he recruit, besides we know he able to get young females aka his wife? Will he run motion? will he play man? What is his in game strategy tendencies? we don't know cause he has never been a head coach! my point is all this is unknown, and when you compare his resume with coaches they had mentioned or could have gotten is like comparing a boys club coach to Coach K! What he better do his hire someone with some in state ties either a high school coach that knows everyone in the state such as Smith at Northside, or Fimple at NLR or Hutchcraft at Conway. Yes I heard all the we building fence and we won't lose in state talent BS like we heard before! What makes Dykes different and makes players want to play for him? He coached Shiloh girls? He on Espn? I got a young wife? fyi girls don't watch espn like boys how many top plays are girls or are girls highlight shown?, and most top girls talent has no idea who he is! Dykes may turn out to work in the end, but his resume looks like closer to a sports reporter than a basketball coach and a big time SEC program don't hire sports editors as there head coach!!!

Since you like repeating yourself without adding anything, I will do the same...  Name the top 5 women's basketball coaches without searching and who you would have chosen.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

baumsquad

Gino, Coale, Mulky, Blair, Staley all with track record... Foley a proven coach with Arkansas ties.... Collen and Susie had ZERO Arkansas ties
JUST WIN BABY!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: baumsquad on March 31, 2014, 10:52:37 am
Gino, Coale, Mulky, Blair, Staley all with track record... Foley a proven coach with Arkansas ties.... Collen and Susie had ZERO Arkansas ties
Now do it again and be realistic.  Arkansas ties are now a requirment?  Those last two we had were proven coaches with Arkansas ties. Try harder...

Collen began his coaching career at Miami University in 1981, where he worked for three seasons. He was assistant coach at the University of Utah from 1984 to 1986, and at the Purdue University from 1986 to 1993.

In 1993 he moved to the University of Arkansas, where he was assistant coach and recruiting coordinator until 1997. He was named assistant head coach for his last two seasons. The year after he left, the Arkansas team went to the Final Four of the NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Championship. Arkansas' women's athletic director Bev Lewis said "his reputation as a recruiter is among the best in the country."

Collen left the University of Arkansas in 1997 to take the head coaching job at Colorado State University. Colorado State went to the NCAA Tournament four times in five seasons under his leadership. In 1999, his team played in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen, and Collen was named coach of the year. His winning percentage of 79.6% (129 wins and 33 losses) ranked fourth among Division I women's basketball coaches at the time.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

The_Iceman

Shows how much you know...which is very little.

baumsquad

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2014, 10:58:09 am
Shows how much you know...which is very little.
iceman read the question..........................  before u mouth people... said name top coaches, and not necessarily for job top "COACHES"

and yea Arkansas connections should be requirement.. Arkansas should have hired foley, neighbors, or aston all deep connections in state
JUST WIN BABY!!

Pork Twain

Don't put false statements in all CAPS and then act like they don't matter when someone calls you out for being completely wrong.  Rookie move...

baumsquad

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 31, 2014, 10:47:38 am
Since you like repeating yourself without adding anything, I will do the same...  Name the top 5 women's basketball coaches without searching and who you would have chosen.
u said name top 5 coaches so I did....

and I would chosen foley
JUST WIN BABY!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: baumsquad on March 31, 2014, 11:05:37 am
u said name top 5 coaches so I did....

and I would chosen foley
For future reference which search engine did you use?

The_Iceman

Quote from: baumsquad on March 31, 2014, 11:03:48 am
iceman read the question..........................  before u mouth people... said name top coaches, and not necessarily for job top "COACHES"

and yea Arkansas connections should be requirement.. Arkansas should have hired foley, neighbors, or aston all deep connections in state

Tom Collen had Arkansas ties.

"In 1993 [Tom Collen] oved to the University of Arkansas, where he was assistant coach and recruiting coordinator until 1997. He was named assistant head coach for his last two seasons. he year after he left, the Arkansas team went to the Final Four of the NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Championship. Arkansas' women's athletic director Bev Lewis said "his reputation as a recruiter is among the best in the country."

snoblind

baumsquad

Collen wasn't assigned to recruit Arkansas, and he couldn't have named 3 Arkansas high school coaches when he was assistant, so no Arkansas connections!
JUST WIN BABY!!

The_Iceman

Quote from: baumsquad on March 31, 2014, 11:08:03 am
Collen wasn't assigned to recruit Arkansas, and he couldn't have named 3 Arkansas high school coaches when he was assistant, so no Arkansas connections!

So you are telling me an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Arkansas for 4 years didn't now any Arkansas high school coaches and had no connections in state?

Show me proof.

Pork Twain

Quote from: baumsquad on March 31, 2014, 11:08:03 am
Opinion and fact are not the same and should not be represented as such. 

Wrong...

In 1993 he moved to the University of Arkansas, where he was assistant coach and recruiting coordinator until 1997. He was named assistant head coach for his last two seasons. The year after he left, the Arkansas team went to the Final Four of the NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Championship. Arkansas' women's athletic director Bev Lewis said "his reputation as a recruiter is among the best in the country."

baumsquad

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 31, 2014, 11:06:37 am
For future reference which search engine did you use?
Collen had no connections with any high school coaches before as assistant he recruited different region...
Collen didn't care to connect that's why he didn't with parents like Scaithe parents, coaches or any aau circuit in the state..
NO Connections. Foley, Neighbors Aston much more well known in state..
I guarantee you.... I been to more lady back games then all u sideline seasonal fans combined
JUST WIN BABY!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: baumsquad on March 31, 2014, 11:16:37 am
Collen had no connections with any high school coaches before as assistant he recruited different region...
Collen didn't care to connect that's why he didn't with parents like Scaithe parents, coaches or any aau circuit in the state..
I guarantee you.... I been to more lady back games then all u sideline seasonal fans combined
Doesn't mean you are right.  Keep trying and you will get there.

Dr. Starcs

Who are these "Scaithe" parents you speak of?

The_Iceman

If your issue is with the coach connecting to parents in state, then you will love what Jimmy Dykes does as a head coach. Parent's will be wanting to send their kids to play for Jimmy.

@MarkJonesESPN
"S/o to my man @CoachJimmyDykes.New coach for @RazorbacksWBB.He's the type of coach I'd want my daughters to play for pic.twitter.com/O7jgUsqxxL";

baumsquad

JUST WIN BABY!!

The_Iceman

baumsquad

keeping 2 off old staff can only bring in 1 mayb 2
JUST WIN BABY!!

donkey

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 31, 2014, 11:21:57 am
Who are these "Scaithe" parents you speak of?

This...

And, if nothing else, Dykes will be able to recruit and motivate very well.  He does need to hire some X and O experience with the last 1 or 2 spots, but he will recruit and market the program more effectively than probably any coach on the hill right now.  And for a program that was drawing less than 500 people to home games on average, marketing is exactly what is needed at this time.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

MJ2

He has immediate name recognition.   More importantly, it gives him an inside to become Long's replacement in a few years.    This is why he wanted the job.

PonderinHog

Quote from: MJ2 on March 31, 2014, 11:54:08 am
He has immediate name recognition.   More importantly, it gives him an inside to become Long's replacement in a few years.    This is why he wanted the job.
Thought so...

Hawgon

Quote from: MJ2 on March 31, 2014, 11:54:08 am

If he gets the AD job and fires BB and hires Gus Malzahn, then I am in favor of this hire.  From a basketball standpoint alone, it is ridiculous.

baumsquad

Quote from: Hawgon on March 31, 2014, 12:47:17 pm
If he gets the AD job and fires BB and hires Gus Malzahn, then I am in favor of this hire.  From a basketball standpoint alone, it is ridiculous.
Amen
there is not a soul that could possibly think from purely basketball stand point this is a good hire!
JUST WIN BABY!!

bobcat ball

Quote from: baumsquad on March 31, 2014, 03:15:31 pm
Amen
there is not a soul that could possibly think from purely basketball stand point this is a good hire!

Wrong again!!! The man knows more basketball then any of us on this board for sure.
WOO PIG

bobcat ball

Quote from: Hawgon on March 31, 2014, 12:47:17 pm

Is this for real? He isn't qualified to be a women's basketball coach but you'd be ok with him running the entire athletics department? Yep that makes a lot of sense.

And people wonder why others say our fan base is dumb.
WOO PIG

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bobcat ball

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 01, 2014, 10:39:31 am
It is a Strange hire to me for sure.

Maybe it will get that program going. Nothing else has to this point.
WOO PIG

Inhogswetrust

It's amazing how people think going to games and watching from the stands make them an expert on hiring.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi