Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Red

Started by trashcan maN, April 01, 2014, 08:42:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 08, 2014, 07:49:30 am
IMO, the Addidas version of Razorback red was better than Nike's.  I think the Nike versions have a little more "pink" to them and have been a little brighter.

Now if we could just get rid of the pesky "wolf" start to the Hog call...   >:(

I think the "pink" has to do with the way the light reacts with the material.

You can see where the same jersey looks like completely different colors:

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 08, 2014, 08:56:44 am
I think the "pink" has to do with the way the light reacts with the material.

You can see where the same jersey looks like completely different colors:

No doubt about that.  I'm comparing how they look in mid day sun.  That's when our eyes distinguish colors the best, and when you're in the stadium on Saturday day games, that's the best gauge.  I have no idea what the color temp of the lights are at RRS or WMS, but I'm sure they're not 6500K like mid day sun.  The same can be said of pictures taken of the uniforms indoors.  With the same camera settings, you'll see a darker red under standard 2700K lighting, than you would 5500K lighting.     

I completely agree with you.  There are TONS of factors that make colors look different.  Material type, lighting, etc.  As I said, I'm not as concerned about what the "real" color is nearly as much as I am about at least trying to be consistent. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

The_Iceman

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 08, 2014, 09:04:08 am
No doubt about that.  I'm comparing how they look in mid day sun.  That's when our eyes distinguish colors the best, and when you're in the stadium on Saturday day games, that's the best gauge.  I have no idea what the color temp of the lights are at RRS or WMS, but I'm sure they're not 6500K like mid day sun.  The same can be said of pictures taken of the uniforms indoors.  With the same camera settings, you'll see a darker red under standard 2700K lighting, than you would 5500K lighting.     

I completely agree with you.  There are TONS of factors that make colors look different.  Material type, lighting, etc.  As I said, I'm not as concerned about what the "real" color is nearly as much as I am about at least trying to be consistent. 

It seems at LSU the red always looks better. I thought the red looks pretty good here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPedr18KgnY

WizardofhOgZ

Iceman, I don't think those pictures give an accurate comparison.  As pointed out by many, variations in lighting, film, exposure, etc. can make two colors that actually are the same (or as close to the same as they could be) look quite different.  For example, in the two pics you present here, one is day and the other is night (under stadium lights).  Plus, the day picture appears to be "washed out" somewhat.

Here are some other pics of our recent uniforms that appear to be better representations:

NOTE: difference between our red and the darker garnet of S. Carolina.

And note that these pictures make Stanford's red look different than in the picture you supplied:

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 08, 2014, 06:42:05 am
Yep, Stanford Cardinal:

Arkansas Razorbacks (cardinal red):

The_Iceman

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 08, 2014, 11:38:10 am
Iceman, I don't think those pictures give an accurate comparison.  As pointed out by many, variations in lighting, film, exposure, etc. can make two colors that actually are the same (or as close to the same as they could be) look quite different.  For example, in the two pics you present here, one is day and the other is night (under stadium lights).  Plus, the day picture appears to be "washed out" somewhat.

Here are some other pics of our recent uniforms that appear to be better representations:

NOTE: difference between our red and the darker garnet of S. Carolina.

And note that these pictures make Stanford's red look different than in the picture you supplied:

All these pictures show is the shade of red will look different depending on the lighting. Same goes for Alabama's red. You can find pictures of Wisconsin's red that looks different in different situations as well.

What I want to see is when you go to a game, all the reds the fans are wearing are the same. I hate seeing Arkansas logos on shirts that are Nebraska bright red and some on almost a&m maroon.

I don't care if all the reds change colors in the lighting, as long as the all change the same.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 08, 2014, 11:57:14 am
All these pictures show is the shade of red will look different depending on the lighting. Same goes for Alabama's red. You can find pictures of Wisconsin's red that looks different in different situations as well.

What I want to see is when you go to a game, all the reds the fans are wearing are the same. I hate seeing Arkansas logos on shirts that are Nebraska bright red and some on almost a&m maroon.

I don't care if all the reds change colors in the lighting, as long as the all change the same.

Pipe dream.  If we both bought a Nike red microfiber shirt from the same golf shop tomorrow, if I wear mine in the sunlight and wash it 10 times this summer, and yours hangs unused in your closet...they won't look the same in September. 

But I agree that if they at least start as the same color, then there's a better chance that they will look closer than otherwise. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.