Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema @ Harrison Area Razorback Club Recap

Started by Tim Harris, April 01, 2014, 06:57:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofdequeen

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 03, 2014, 09:59:19 am
I remember going to play golf at Broken Bow once, and the guy in the Pro shop told me I might not want to carry a lot of cash out on the course with me.  That was comforting.   :-X

*SERIOUS POST*

really?  i mean, there's bad parts and all that are pretty obvious to the naked eye.  but no one's getting rolled on beaver's ben or anything. 

i did hear a story once about some kiddy-diddler making a pass at some kids out there, then the family of said kids beating him nearly to death and leaving him in a pile in the ditch.  called the cops on him.  said they had no idea what happened but that he was drunk and he tried to touch a few kids.  off to jail.

PorkRinds

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 03, 2014, 10:01:18 am
Clash of the Ozarks has really done wonders to help the state's image.  I went looking for that picture, and I saw where the Evans guy just got rung up on Federal gun charges for having an unregistered machine gun.  I also saw where residents of Hardy are saying that whole thing was concocted for TV.  Like we didn't already know that?   ::)

I've not watched the show.  I refuse.  I see it kind of like these guys they show making moonshine and running from the cops.  Dude, you just did that on national TV.  If it were real, you just signed yourself up for a nice prison term.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hawgon on April 03, 2014, 10:00:34 am
The dumbest thing I ever saw was when three black dudes killed another one in McCurtain County and then brought his body over to Little River County and dumped it.  Of course, they got caught.  Had they simply left it on the side of the road in McCurtain County, there wouldn't even have been an investigation. 

One thing everyone in that part of the world learns from an early age, is don't act a fool in McCurtain County, you will be killed, and avoid Eagle Town at all costs.

everyone knows pond creek bottoms is the place to dump bodies.  idiots.

Hawgon

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 10:03:42 am
everyone knows pond creek bottoms is the place to dump bodies.  idiots.

Pond Creek is for amateurs.  Some bow hunter from Texas will always find what the hogs have left over.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 10:02:12 am
*SERIOUS POST*

really?  i mean, there's bad parts and all that are pretty obvious to the naked eye.  but no one's getting rolled on beaver's ben or anything. 

i did hear a story once about some kiddy-diddler making a pass at some kids out there, then the family of said kids beating him nearly to death and leaving him in a pile in the ditch.  called the cops on him.  said they had no idea what happened but that he was drunk and he tried to touch a few kids.  off to jail.

That's what shocked me.  Apparently, they had a few people mugged out there according to that guy.  I remember heading to number one tee thinking to myself, "Right now, that dude's on the phone with some thug buddy, and he's on his way to break into my car to steal the money I took out of my wallet."   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hawgon on April 03, 2014, 10:06:37 am
Pond Creek is for amateurs.  Some bow hunter from Texas will always find what the hogs have left over.

or one of the methheads that dumped it will get pinched and roll on his buddies.

kingofdequeen

Harrison = Shangri-La when compared to Arklahomatex.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 03, 2014, 10:03:09 am
I've not watched the show.  I refuse.  I see it kind of like these guys they show making moonshine and running from the cops.  Dude, you just did that on national TV.  If it were real, you just signed yourself up for a nice prison term.

I hate to admit it, but I watched every episode.  I'm definitely dumber now.  The best line in the show was when the dude fittingly named "Crowbar," confronts the supposedly progressive guy Evans who is trying to buy his land out from under him for the mineral rights and Crowbar says, "My family has lived off this land for centuries."  Then the Evans guy says, "Living off the land?  You grow corn to make moonshine...everyone knows that.  It's against the law.  You can buy liquor at the corner store now Crowbar...things change." 

Meanwhile, this Evans guy just got rung up on Federal gun charges...  Priceless.  It's like a car accident on NASCAR.  You don't want to watch it...you just can't help it though.   >:(
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PorkRinds

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 03, 2014, 10:15:29 am
I hate to admit it, but I watched every episode.  I'm definitely dumber now.  The best line in the show was when the dude fittingly named "Crowbar," confronts the supposedly progressive guy Evans who is trying to buy his land out from under him for the mineral rights and Crowbar says, "My family has lived off this land for centuries."  Then the Evans guy says, "Living off the land?  You grow corn to make moonshine...everyone knows that.  It's against the law.  You can buy liquor at the corner store now Crowbar...things change." 

Meanwhile, this Evans guy just got rung up on Federal gun charges...  Priceless.  It's like a car accident on NASCAR.  You don't want to watch it...you just can't help it though.   >:(

Lol.  Glad I didn't' get sucked in. 

Inhogswetrust

April 03, 2014, 10:19:15 am #209 Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:51:04 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:51:58 am
nothing but good, honest, hard working people in McCurtain Co.  can't say enough good things about the place.   

I can't say enough bad things about it! I've worked all over and the three worst places I've worked were Idabel, Montgomery, AL and Lantana ,FL.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 03, 2014, 10:01:18 am
Clash of the Ozarks has really done wonders to help the state's image.  I went looking for that picture, and I saw where the Evans guy just got rung up on Federal gun charges for having an unregistered machine gun.  I also saw where residents of Hardy are saying that whole thing was concocted for TV.  Like we didn't already know that?   ::) 

They say Evans and Russell "hate" each other so much that they were pallbearers in each of the other daddys funerals...

PRJ

Wildhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 03, 2014, 10:19:15 am
I can't say enough bad things about it!

Do what your parents did.  Get a job, sir.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on April 03, 2014, 10:23:38 am
Do what your parents did.  Get a job, sir.

I'm fortunate to only have to work when I want to now. When I want another contract I'll review your Resume' for employment. Hotels always need housekeepers.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 03, 2014, 10:16:46 am
Lol.  Glad I didn't' get sucked in. 

You really should.....who'd a thunk Hardy Arkansas would attract a reality show...dummies, the lot of em.

PRJ

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 03, 2014, 10:25:25 am
I'm fortunate to only have to work when I want to now. When I want another contract I'll review your Resume' for employment. Hotels always need housekeepers.

the correct response - "world needs plenty of bartenders".

Wildhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 03, 2014, 10:25:25 am

At least it's an ethos.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:39:47 am
does this start the "bash mccurtain county" portion of the thread?  if so, i'm out.

i want no enemies from there.

I can sort of understand that.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on April 03, 2014, 10:00:34 am
The dumbest thing I ever saw was when three black dudes killed another one in McCurtain County and then brought his body over to Little River County and dumped it.  Of course, they got caught.  Had they simply left it on the side of the road in McCurtain County, there wouldn't even have been an investigation. 

One thing everyone in that part of the world learns from an early age, is don't act a fool in McCurtain County, you will be killed, and avoid Eagle Town at all costs.

Same for Valliant.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 10:27:15 am
the correct response - "world needs plenty of bartenders".

You are right. I stand corrected.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 10:08:41 am
Harrison = Shangri-La when compared to Arklahomatex.

The only good thing to come out of that area was Dan Blocker..............better known as Hoss Cartright of Bonanza fame. RIP.

kingofdequeen

urkillnmesmalls

kingofdequeen

Hawgon

urkillnmesmalls

kingofdequeen

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 03, 2014, 11:11:51 am
Not close enough? 

my hometown's 8 miles from it.  i consider it an ocean away.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 11:55:03 am

Good point.  But...it's still Oklahoma, and I just figured some of it might have drifted over a county or two.  Of course it doesn't cross state borders...that would be a silly suggestion.  :)

What happened to that stud FB you guys had down there that was discussed on the board a little?   

kingofdequeen

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 03, 2014, 12:06:19 pm
Good point.  But...it's still Oklahoma, and I just figured some of it might have drifted over a county or two.  Of course it doesn't cross state borders...that would be a silly suggestion.  :)

What happened to that stud FB you guys had down there that was discussed on the board a little?   

Fatty?  Mizzou.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 12:06:50 pm
Fatty?  Mizzou.

Dunno...can't recall details.  Just that there was some kid down there who could lift a house and run over people.  That's about the extent of what I recall. 

Lemme guess.  He's fatty since he's at Mizzou.  If he had ended up at Arkansas...he'd be cornbread fed strong.  The kinda strong you don't get from lifting weights, but slinging hay bales.   ;D

kingofdequeen

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 03, 2014, 12:08:39 pm
Dunno...can't recall details.  Just that there was some kid down there who could lift a house and run over people.  That's about the extent of what I recall. 

Lemme guess.  He's fatty since he's at Mizzou.  If he had ended up at Arkansas...he'd be cornbread fed strong.  The kinda strong you don't get from lifting weights, but slinging hay bales.   ;D

there's Chris Jones at UA - walkon FB that's built like a dump truck.

Fatty is Greg "Fatty" White and has been Fatty since he was an infant.

Hawk

Moon, OK. Between Tom & Idabel. Cultural mecca of the state.

Anyway, if someone has a lick of sense they dump the bodies in Red River. They'll be sanded over within an hour or so to never be seen again.

While my oldest daughter was in High School, I never allowed her to cross that state line without me.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 12:13:43 pm
there's Chris Jones at UA - walkon FB that's built like a dump truck.

Fatty is Greg "Fatty" White and has been Fatty since he was an infant.

I think Jones is who I was thinking of.  I remember people suggesting he may walk on, so I'm sure that's him.  I think I would have recalled a player called "Fatty."   ;D

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: locusbug on April 01, 2014, 09:58:49 am
That is bad as it plays right into the stereotype of a Southerner. Of course when I was going to school in NWA the really over the top racists seemed to be transplanted northerners. Either way that sign is either a marketing campaign gone wrong or racists are taking over.
Taking over?

Harrison has a storied history of not being friendly to blacks.  It is nothing new.  I live in the region, grew up in the region and frequently go to harrison for dental and medical appointments.  Most people in Harrison are decent, nice people like my grandma and several of my aunts, but there is an undercurrent that has been there for a very long time. The political powers that be are trying very hard to fight the reputation and drag the town into the 21st century, but there are some elements in the region that want no part of it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 10:02:12 am
*SERIOUS POST*

What he said doesn't surprise me unless a lot has changed in that area in the last 15 or 20 years.

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 11:55:03 am

In that part of the woods 8 miles is an ocean away.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawk on April 03, 2014, 12:17:25 pm
Moon, OK. Between Tom & Idabel. Cultural mecca of the state.

Thanks. I needed a good laugh today.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 03, 2014, 01:36:16 pm
In that part of the woods 8 miles is an ocean away.

you can get to line and back in 13 minutes.  FYI.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on April 03, 2014, 12:29:47 pm
Taking over?

Harrison has a storied history of not being friendly to blacks.  It is nothing new.  I live in the region, grew up in the region and frequently go to harrison for dental and medical appointments.  Most people in Harrison are decent, nice people like my grandma and several of my aunts, but there is an undercurrent that has been there for a very long time. The political powers that be are trying very hard to fight the reputation and drag the town into the 21st century, but there are some elements in the region that want no part of it.

Give me an incident where people have been unpleasant to blacks in the past 40, 50 years? Just one. Not one of hearsay, a documented case.

While I am sure Harrison has its bigots, every town and city has them, it is not prevalent in Harrison. As a minority, you will not be harrassed driving thru town, eating in town or stayimg in town. Rinky dink Tomm Robb and mama grey tick and the rest of the seedlings will not come out of the darkness, dressed like clown ghosts and set fire to anything. Its a damn joke.

As far as the political powers that be, they are even more the problem, dragging up history over a hundred years old, and presenting it as present day fact. This is an attention grab by the political powers to further their own personal agenda....not be seen as the good people of Harrison.

And 21st century? The problem isnt racial, the problem is economic, the problem is culture. The problem is drugs....
There are no jobs, there is absolutely zilch to do in Harrison. They shut cruising down, the skating rink is closed...they wont bring certain movies to town and there isnt a hiphop station and you wont pick one up for miles and miles.

If the political powers wanted to make a difference, a real difference in Harrison, they would start by cleaning up the high speed, chicken feed problem. Nothing worse than strolling.thru the wal marks and seeing the tweeked out zombies geetered out of their minds.

Simple fact, you could turn that town completely over and minorities would still not flock to Harrison. Aint going to happen.

Somebody wants to explore racism? Go to Chickendale.

PRJ

razorsharptusk

It seem's Alex was held out of the running back interviews.  Maybe it's about discipline and doing things the way Coach B. wants them done.  Wasn't he in the dog house for missing some workouts in the offseason?
GO HOGS!!

kingofdequeen

Hawgon

Leave Los Springdalamos out of this discussion.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hawgon on April 03, 2014, 02:45:58 pm
Leave Los Springdalamos out of this discussion.

El DeQueeno x 10, which is probably why i don't mind the place. 

wupigsuey

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 03, 2014, 02:14:45 pm
Give me an incident where people have been unpleasant to blacks in the past 40, 50 years? Just one. Not one of hearsay, a documented case.

While I am sure Harrison has its bigots, every town and city has them, it is not prevalent in Harrison. As a minority, you will not be harrassed driving thru town, eating in town or stayimg in town. Rinky dink Tomm Robb and mama grey tick and the rest of the seedlings will not come out of the darkness, dressed like clown ghosts and set fire to anything. Its a damn joke.

As far as the political powers that be, they are even more the problem, dragging up history over a hundred years old, and presenting it as present day fact. This is an attention grab by the political powers to further their own personal agenda....not be seen as the good people of Harrison.

And 21st century? The problem isnt racial, the problem is economic, the problem is culture. The problem is drugs....
There are no jobs, there is absolutely zilch to do in Harrison. They shut cruising down, the skating rink is closed...they wont bring certain movies to town and there isnt a hiphop station and you wont pick one up for miles and miles.

If the political powers wanted to make a difference, a real difference in Harrison, they would start by cleaning up the high speed, chicken feed problem. Nothing worse than strolling.thru the wal marks and seeing the tweeked out zombies geetered out of their minds.

Simple fact, you could turn that town completely over and minorities would still not flock to Harrison. Aint going to happen.

PRJ

Racism is everywhere. There's many places I wouldn't walk after dark in LR as a white man. Ever been to East St Louis? Don't go. Even in the daylight.

I've never seen anything bad happen to any minority here in Harrison either. The legend of Harrison has mostly hinged on Thom Robb and an old stereotype.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: wupigsuey on April 03, 2014, 02:52:27 pm
Racism is everywhere. There's many places I wouldn't walk after dark in LR as a living person.

fixt.

my hometown now.  love it, but there's some places you just don't go. 

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 03, 2014, 02:14:45 pm

PRJ
Jimmy, where do you live?  Do you live in Harrison?  Because I am not going to name names and places on a message board as some kind of "proof".  I live in the area, grew up in the area and have shirttail relatives, co-workers etc. that I would probably classify as "ethnically challenged".    Can I give you examples of blacks being physically harmed since the race riots of the early 1900s?  No.  But if you think that blacks are welcomed with open arms bya majority of the population, then you are full of baloney.    And that is where I will leave it.