Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema @ Harrison Area Razorback Club Recap

Started by Tim Harris, April 01, 2014, 06:57:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

Quote from: pillowhog on April 02, 2014, 01:17:31 pm
Parents fill their kids heads with crap both black and white
Racists buying billboards have nothing to do with it, huh?
All Gas, No Brakes!

pillowhog

Have no clue what you are talking about.  All I know is that there are plenty racist out there black and white.

gibby

I'm late to the party, but perhaps all this talk about who is the "second team RB" was just CBB thinking of JWill & AC as "co-ones," with Marshall being the lone 2?  There were several games last year where the starting lineups were introduced, and both JWill & Collins were listed as the starters at RB.

Just a thought. 

And yes, Tim, thanks for the notes.

hogville38

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 01, 2014, 06:57:57 am
I will try and hit the highlights of what I can remember.

Practices start back up tomorrow. They will just do a review of what they did last week. Thursday will be 1, 2, and 3 down and Saturday will be the first scrimmage. Open to the public for anyone that wants to go.

JWill is up to 225ish and has separated himself from the pack at RB. Won't see him much in if at all in scrimmages this off season. He said he doesn't need to see him make a bunch of guys miss tackles to know how good he is.

Flowers is up to around 285 which is about 13 pounds heavier than last year. He also won't scrimmage.

Next week Tuesday will be a review day again. Thursday will be goal line offense/defense and Saturday will be another scrimmage.

B. Allen is the top QB right now. Said he is completely different than last year. Through 3 practices he is completing around 86% of his passes. He didn't come right out and say it but it sounded like the 2nd string QB was a battle between Austin and Rafe. He didn't mention Duwop at all when talking about QBs.

Marshall has a chance to be our a 2nd string RB. Not sure if that is still motivation speak towards Collins or if something is going on.

Funny story when he was first getting to know Bijhon he told Coach B that he was named after a french cologne. When he was getting to know his mom he told her about it and she started laughing. I guess that is something his dad has told him since he was a little boy. They all got a good laugh out of that.

Was very high on Cornelius. Says he catches everything. Normally doesn't allow a freshman to wear the #1 but did Cornelius because of how mature he is and the way he carries himself. Also spoke highly of Hollister.

On the OL sounds like Charpentier and Boyd are having the quite the battle at C. Also Skipper is up to around 328.

Said that Sprinkle is up to around 235 and has really stepped up at TE.

CBs are by far the most improved on the team. Coach Smith will be more aggresive on defense and you will see them playing closer to the line.

Also overall expect more blitzing on 1st and 2nd down.
Why do I feel like CBB doesn't get along with Collins? He better not end up running Collins off. Why in the hell would he possibly be a 3rd string? He was our leading rusher. If CBB puts him 3rd string I wouldn't blame him if he left.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogville38 on April 02, 2014, 04:13:03 pm
Why do I feel like CBB doesn't get along with Collins? He better not end up running Collins off. Why in the hell would he possibly be a 3rd string? He was our leading rusher. If CBB puts him 3rd string I wouldn't blame him if he left.

He isn't going to run him off. Good grief. Read above and your questions will be answered. Lots of discussion about why.
Go Hogs Go!

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogville38 on April 02, 2014, 04:13:03 pm

So you think CBB will just magically put AC 3rd string for no reason at all?  IF he does, and that's a big IF at this point it will be because we have two that are either better, work harder, or both. Look, everyone loves Collins. He's an amazing back. Unless something goes bad wrong, he will be a major part of our offense next season no matter what.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on April 01, 2014, 07:49:50 am
Gotta be motivation, right?

My own opinion is some yes, some no.

I love AC - don't get me wrong.  But I think he has so much hype around him that most fans just default to the position that he's our best runner.  However, I thought it was close between the two last year, but I'd have put JW ahead of AC if I had to.  Just a more well-rounded RB at this stage with, surprisingly (at least to me) better breakaway speed.  Most forget that he averaged a yard more per carry than Alex did.

So, yes, I'm sure the coaches are prodding Alex's competitive nature.  But at the same time, I think JWill IS ahead right now.  And then, of course, Marshall is the "wild card".

A good situation to be in, IMO.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 01, 2014, 09:41:10 am
He probably thought "my god these people are racists".
Harrison is a very nice town. Can we focus on the HOGS please. The spring red/white game will bring some of these questions into focus. Pulling for Collins to have a great soph year.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hogville38

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 01, 2014, 06:14:42 pm
It is Harrison. Racism never slowed down there.
Obviously you have never lived in Harrison. The town is full of good people and I never heard any race issues. That stuff was from a long time ago.

kingofdequeen

wow.  that's impressive.  a town that's 93% white has no race issues.  who'd a thunk it?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Harrison-Arkansas.html

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 02, 2014, 09:34:43 pm
wow.  that's impressive.  a town that's 93% white has no race issues.  who'd a thunk it?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Harrison-Arkansas.html

KOD, so because Harrison is 95% white, its racist? Do you think people of different races are racing to move to Harrison and are being turned away with a racist diatribe?  I mean, that part of the country is full of exciting things to attract minorities..

Cmon man.

PRJ

kingofdequeen

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 03, 2014, 06:16:31 am
KOD, so because Harrison is 95% white, its racist? Do you think people of different races are racing to move to Harrison and are being turned away with a racist diatribe?  I mean, that part of the country is full of exciting things to attract minorities..

Cmon man.

PRJ

we have no problems with our female coworkers in the workplace.

signed,

chippendales.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 07:20:14 am
we have no problems with our female coworkers in the workplace.

signed,

chippendales.

Other than Hispanics, who have the poultry and meth industries, again, what is the draw for minorities to Harrison? Majestic mountian living? Floating the buffalo? Minnie Harris park? How about KHOZ 102.9 country? How about touring the ghosts of dogpatch? How about from an economic standpoint...other than fedex what industry and jobs would attract minorities? McDonalds, we have 2 now, 3 sonics and there is race brothers farm and home.

Because of one clown of a racist and one clown of a mayor, they have brought shame to a community that aint had a problem since 1909. Both attention whores, both of them made this about themselves.

PRJ

Hawgon

There are aren't any appreciable numbers of blacks from Fort Smith to Kansas City, from Kansas City to St. Louis, and from St. Louis all the way down to Jonesboro and then diagonally to Little Rock.  In that triangle or whatever you want to call it, there are probably dozens of counties where there are no blacks or the numbers are in the single digits of one or two families and only in urban centers will you find any appreciable numbers of blacks.

Is that because of racism?  No, it is not, of course.  It is because that area of the country was unsuitable for large scale plantation style agriculture and there were never very many slaves.  What slaves there were, were house servants and farmhands on farms with one or two slaves.  After slavery ended, they moved out looking for opportunity and what ones didn't then, picked up and moved north in the 30s and 40s looking for opportunities in the northern cities.

And really, that is a pattern that is in effect everywhere in the entire country except for the rural south where there have always been lots of black folks.  Elsewhere in the country, blacks are almost exclusively urban and the rural areas are almost exclusively white.

porkrindjimmy

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgon on April 03, 2014, 08:38:07 am
There are aren't any appreciable numbers of blacks from Fort Smith to Kansas City, from Kansas City to St. Louis, and from St. Louis all the way down to Jonesboro and then diagonally to Little Rock.  In that triangle or whatever you want to call it, there are probably dozens of counties where there are no blacks or the numbers are in the single digits of one or two families and only in urban centers will you find any appreciable numbers of blacks.

Is that because of racism?  No, it is not, of course.  It is because that area of the country was unsuitable for large scale plantation style agriculture and there were never very many slaves.  What slaves there were, were house servants and farmhands on farms with one or two slaves.  After slavery ended, they moved out looking for opportunity and what ones didn't then, picked up and moved north in the 30s and 40s looking for opportunities in the northern cities.

And really, that is a pattern that is in effect everywhere in the entire country except for the rural south where there have always been lots of black folks.  Elsewhere in the country, blacks are almost exclusively urban and the rural areas are almost exclusively white.

This is very true, BUT the lack of minorities coupled with an uneducated or undereducated populace can lead to the folks in those areas having some severely prejudicial views. Maybe not flat out racist, but prejudicial.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 03, 2014, 08:52:32 am
Very well said Hawgon....

PRJ

yes, it was eloquent.

it in no way addresses the issue.

Hawgon

I would add as a caveat, that in some of the smaller towns, there was a black laborer and artisan class.  Some of those moved on right after the war.  Some were run out in what seemed to be a wave of riots that moved across the country in the teens, and others went north to work in the factories after that.

One issue that we don't have now that plagued race relations in those days was competition for scarce jobs in the region.  Blacks generally commanded and would work for a lower wage than whites of similar class, so they often got hired instead of poorer white people.  That put a target on them when times got tough. 

We've "solved" that problem today by creating a welfare safety net that basically pays blacks to stay out of the workforce.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:00:47 am
yes, it was eloquent.

I addressed the issue of Harrison. Plain and simple. I would never expect you to fall into the clutches of sensationalism but you have. People make it sound like the kluckers are marching regularly in the streets, with thousands attending the circus. It is a joke...a cruel joke but a joke nonetheless.

PRJ

kingofdequeen

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 03, 2014, 09:06:09 am
I addressed the issue of Harrison. Plain and simple. I would never expect you to fall into the clutches of sensationalism but you have. People make it sound like the kluckers are marching regularly in the streets, with thousands attending the circus. It is a joke...a cruel joke but a joke nonetheless.

PRJ

Lo siento. Sólo puedo leer en español.

wupigsuey

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:00:47 am
yes, it was eloquent.

Kinda does. You purported that because a town was mostly white, it was racist. He's surmised that the whole 500 mile area was mostly white. Meaning that just because the demographics are skewed one way doesn't mean it's racist. If everyone living on a street is white mean that the whole street is racist or just that no minorities happen to live in that street?
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: wupigsuey on April 03, 2014, 09:13:19 am
Kinda does. You purported that because a town was mostly white, it was racist. He's surmised that the whole 500 mile area was mostly white. Meaning that just because the demographics are skewed one way doesn't mean it's racist. If everyone living on a street is white mean that the whole street is racist or just that no minorities happen to live in that street?

does no one read anymore?

i purported that there were no race issues b/c there is literally only one race that lives there.

and then i illustrated that many people have many backwards-ass opinions about towns by replying in spanish, b/c i'm from dequeen.  see, that's me drawing a parallel between "everyone in harrison's a klan member" and "La DeQueeno" (thanks, Nashville News).

having to explain the joke really takes the fun out of it.

porkrindjimmy

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:15:31 am

i purported that there were no race issues b/c there is literally only one race that lives there.

and then i illustrated that many people have many backwards-ass opinions about towns by replying in spanish, b/c i'm from dequeen.  see, that's me drawing a parallel between "everyone in harrison's a klan member" and "La DeQueeno" (thanks, Nashville News).

I hear Dequeen has bigfoots....have you ever seen Sasquatch KOD?

PRJ

wupigsuey

Yeah, I'm sure thats what you meant.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

kingofdequeen

just the teensiest bit of chum stirs bloodlust.

kingofdequeen

ricepig

You couldn't expect them to speak Mexican, they aren't bi in their towns.

Hawgon

DeQueen going to Espanol just brought a better class of dirty putas to that blight upon the otherwise lovely and fragrant scenery of Sevier County.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ricepig on April 03, 2014, 09:27:48 am
You couldn't expect them to speak Mexican, they aren't bi in their towns.

I'm sorry....can you read in spanish?

PRJ

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hawgon on April 03, 2014, 09:28:38 am
DeQueen going to Espanol just brought a better class of dirty putas to that blight upon the otherwise lovely and fragrant scenery of Sevier County.

Frog Level is glorious.  You have to give it that.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 03, 2014, 09:21:16 am
I hear Dequeen has bigfoots....have you ever seen Sasquatch KOD?

PRJ

That's Fouke, bruh.

Hawgon

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:33:26 am
That's Fouke, bruh.

Actually, on a serious note, he is right.  There have been quite a few sightings in the area lately.  No, I'm not making it up.  I actually know two, highly reputable people, who saw one.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hawgon on April 03, 2014, 09:35:25 am
Actually, on a serious note, he is right.  There have been quite a few sightings in the area lately.  No, I'm not making it up.  I actually know two, highly reputable people, who saw one.

when i moved away that only left one.  who moved in?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hawgon on April 03, 2014, 09:35:25 am

That is a hot area...from there over to Broken Bow and Idabel up towards Poteau....

PRJ

kingofdequeen

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 03, 2014, 09:38:09 am
That is a hot area...from there over to Broken Bow and Idabel up towards Poteau....

PRJ

does this start the "bash mccurtain county" portion of the thread?  if so, i'm out.

i want no enemies from there.

ricepig

PorkRinds

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:33:26 am
That's Fouke, bruh.

I know someone who claims to know the actual Fouke monster, and says it's actually a guy that lives out in the swamp who was born and raised "wild" because of some issues the family had with his being born out of wedlock and fathered by a black man during the days when that wasn't ok.  He claims to have met the guy, and talked to his brother.  Says he's about 6'7.  I make no claims to that being the truth, but he swears it's true.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 03, 2014, 09:44:12 am
I know someone who claims to know the actual Fouke monster, and says it's actually a guy that lives out in the swamp who was born and raised "wild" because of some issues the family had with his being born out of wedlock and fathered by a black man during the days when that wasn't ok.  He claims to have met the guy, and talked to his brother.  Says he's about 6'7.  I make no claims to that being the truth, but he swears it's true.

porkrindjimmy

Thats racist porkinds.....lol. I kid, I kid....

PRJ

Wildhog

Can't wait for the Disney movie.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 03, 2014, 09:45:47 am
Thats racist porkinds.....lol. I kid, I kid....

PRJ

Lol.  The guy is dead serious about it.  He claims he knows the "Fouke Monster".  He says he's likely still alive, because he was in his early 20's in the 1960's.  Said his hair is all matted up and he has a huge beard, so he looks like some insane swamp creature, but he's really just a teddy bear that doesn't like to come across people.  Again, I make no claims to this being the truth, but someone I trust fairly well would swear by it.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:39:47 am
does this start the "bash mccurtain county" portion of the thread?  if so, i'm out.

i want no enemies from there.

No lie.  I only thought Memphis was the roughest place I used to have to cover with my job, until I covered that area.  I think in the 10 years I covered Memphis, my car was broken into 5 times, which seems like a lot.  But.... 

At the Idabel Holiday Inn alone, over the course of about 3 years and maybe 10 stays, I had my company car broken into twice, and stolen once.   :o     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

kingofdequeen

nothing but good, honest, hard working people in McCurtain Co.  can't say enough good things about the place.   

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 03, 2014, 09:50:31 am
Lol.  The guy is dead serious about it.  He claims he knows the "Fouke Monster".  He says he's likely still alive, because he was in his early 20's in the 1960's.  Said his hair is all matted up and he has a huge beard, so he looks like some insane swamp creature, but he's really just a teddy bear that doesn't like to come across people.  Again, I make no claims to this being the truth, but someone I trust fairly well would swear by it.

So, he's like this guy...but just much bigger? 

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PorkRinds

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 03, 2014, 09:57:26 am
So, he's like this guy...but just much bigger? 

Nothing like that guy actually.   ;)

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 03, 2014, 09:51:58 am
nothing but good, honest, hard working people in McCurtain Co.  can't say enough good things about the place.

I remember going to play golf at Broken Bow once, and the guy in the Pro shop told me I might not want to carry a lot of cash out on the course with me.  That was comforting.   :-X

Hawgon

The dumbest thing I ever saw was when three black dudes killed another one in McCurtain County and then brought his body over to Little River County and dumped it.  Of course, they got caught.  Had they simply left it on the side of the road in McCurtain County, there wouldn't even have been an investigation. 

One thing everyone in that part of the world learns from an early age, is don't act a fool in McCurtain County, you will be killed, and avoid Eagle Town at all costs.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 03, 2014, 09:59:04 am
Nothing like that guy actually.   ;)

Clash of the Ozarks has really done wonders to help the state's image.  I went looking for that picture, and I saw where the Evans guy just got rung up on Federal gun charges for having an unregistered machine gun.  I also saw where residents of Hardy are saying that whole thing was concocted for TV.  Like we didn't already know that?   ::)