Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you think redshirts this season?

Started by bennyl08, March 31, 2014, 01:05:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Peavey: As of right now, I think he redshirts. If both Allens get injured, I imagine he may be third in line, but I will knock on wood that that doesn't happen.

Chris Murphy: We currently have 5 players that I feel pretty comfortable enough with on the field, plus I think there may others coming in the summer who may beat him out. However, There will likely be one corner who doesn't redshirt, and having a full spring under his belt will certainly help.

Jared Cornelius: WR is a position of major need right now. He may not be the best of the bunch coming in, but all especially at WR, having that spring to learn the offense will be a major boost. Plus, the coaches do seem to be praising him. No redshirt.

Cody Hollister: Similar to above, except that in terms of big bodied receivers, he may be the most game ready player right now.

Bijhon Jackson: We would be quite thin without him. Not only will he be playing game one, he could very easily be starting next to Philon by the end of the season.

Brian Wallace: Very talented tackle, and we did just lose Hurd. However, Skipper/Cook will be hard to beat out at the position. Granted, I didn't think that Smothers would be beat out either last season. Hopefully we will have enough depth to redshirt, but at least 1 tackle will not redshirt is my guess.

JoJo Robinson: No redshirt. He is a very talented playmaker at a position of need.

Frank Ragnow: Similar to Wallace, though is he the one projected as an interior guy, G or C? either way, the verdict for all of our linemen is that there will probably be at least 1 T and 1 G/C who doesn't RS. They all seem really good and are highly rated, so I have no clue.

Jovan Pruitt: See above.

Henre' Tolliver: He is a strong candidate to get in some action this year. A solid tackler who can also catch the ball.

Sebastian Tretola: See above on OL.

Armon Watts: I would guess he has about a 2/3 chance of RS. With Ward switching sides and Johnson moving inside, there are some bodies where he doesn't have to play this season; however, his RS depends a lot on how Marks does and how Ward transitions.

Juan Day: Given depth there and his injury recovery, good chance he redshirts, especially with Walker and Evans having similar styles to him on the roster.

Santos Ramirez: His highlight reel strikes me as a headhunter type safety. He may need a RS year to better balance his game, but once he does play, I wouldn't want to be tackled by him.

Kendrick Edwards: Hopefully with Hollister, Edwards will get a chance to RS. It is a position of need, but with Wilson at 6'3 and Hollister at 6'4, perhaps his he can save a year.

Jack Kraus: Will probably RS. Henry will be a beast, with Sprinkle sprinkled in as a Gragg style player while Loewen is more of an extra tackle.

Cornelius Floyd: May RS. He has some nice moves, and may end up playing special teams, but there is a lot of corner depth at the moment.

Jake Hall: RS. We have a lot of DE's, and he needs some work in the weight room as well.

Khalia Hackett: We can't afford to have any of our safeties turned LB'ers RS, IMO. Next season will leave us with only Peters and Ellis as scholarship LB'ers minus our incoming freshman this year. Even if it is only special teams.

Cole Hedlund: No RS.

Joshua Liddell: Probably RS. Granted, there are a lot of similarities b/w him and Marshall from last year, so, who knows.

Randy Ramsy: Probably should RS, but again, we can't afford to go into 2015 with only 2 scholarship LB'ers having any experience.

Dwayne Eugene: Same as above, though he and Hackett would have a better chance of playing, IMO, even if we weren't going to be depleted by graduation this year.

Anthony Brown: RS.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HogWildBison2011

Everything you say seems right on. Jared Cornelius has been getting nothing but praise since he enrolled. A DB even tweeted out that he has a little "Joe Adams" in him. And Chris Murphy seems to be a big student of the game. Hearing Murphy's interviews he seemed very articulate & stated that he was in heaven learning the play book & schemes. If he can back the smarts up with physical ability I could see him getting in the rotation. We will just have to wait and see! Can't wait to see some of these guys at the spring game.

Lake City Hog

To me you don't bring in Jucos to redshirt. That just seems like a wasted scholarship. If they are not capable of providing immediate help as at the very least a 2nd teamer we would be much better off going with a 4 or 5 year guy.

I will go about it backwards, guys that I think will play.

C Hollister        WR Juco, needs to at least come in as a backup
C Hedlund          K   Area of major need
S Tretola          OL   Juco, needs to at least come in as a backup
R Ramsey         LB   Probably should redshirt but we only return 2 guys with                                                                                   experience in 2015
B Jackson         DT  May be just too darned good to keep off the field!

I sincerely hope that all the others redshirt, much better for the future of the program.

Tim Harris

I just posted a recap of what Bielema had to say last night at our Razorback Club event.

He spoke very highly of Cornelius.  He will play this year as well as Hollister. 

Jackson will play early and often.

Out of Hackett, Ramsey, and Eugene he said 2 out of 3 will play.  He talked more about Hackett and Ramsey so I'm assuming those are the 2 he feels will play.

Now for personal opinion.

Jojo Robinson will play in the return game early and then work his way in to the WR rotation.

Wallace will will be the starting RT at some point during the season.

At least 1 of the CB will get playing time.  Murphy has the inside track since he is already here but I'm a big fan of Tolliver.

secneahog

No Brainer No RS.

Bijohn.  Cornelius.  Hollister. All the lbers. Treola. Jojo.  Wallace.
Hedlund.   

Personal favorites...Liddell and Santos.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Inhogswetrust

I can think of some Hogville posters that need to redshirt.....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 01, 2014, 08:09:10 am
I can think of some Hogville posters that need to redshirt.....................................

Hmm...I don't know, if it meant they were moving on after completing their eligibility.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 01, 2014, 08:09:10 am

I can think of a few who just flat out need their scholarship pulled.   ;)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

trashcan maN

Jovan Pruitt is still hitting the books hard to try and make it to campus. He still may end up in JUCO.

secneahog

Quote from: kj0N on April 01, 2014, 08:59:48 am
Jovan Pruitt is still hitting the books hard to try and make it to campus. He still may end up in JUCO.

Thanks for the update. Glad we have someone posting useful information.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!