Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches N.Richardson and E. Sutton....

Started by Hog1952, March 30, 2014, 09:04:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog1952

Have long time assistances (understudies) at Arhansas. 
Different philosophies from their former coaches and bosses.   :-*

FineAsSwine

Hog1952

Sorry....I meant former assistants coaching at Arkansas.

Mike Irwin

If you're referring to Mike Anderson, the offense and defense he employs is the same as Nolan's.

His coaching style is totally different. Mike is more laid back. Nolan was a force of nature.

The only Sutton assistant I know of at Arkansas is Jimmy Dykes. He said his style of play and coaching philosophy will mirror Sutton's.

Dykes has never been a head coach so I don't have a clue how he will compare to Sutton in personality.

FineAsSwine

drugs like Aricept, Namenda, Exelon, Razadyne and Cognex  can help with alzheimers.

High Octane Hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 30, 2014, 09:35:30 pm
If you're referring to Mike Anderson, the offense and defense he employs is the same as Nolan's.

His coaching style is totally different. Mike is more laid back. Nolan was a force of nature.

The only Sutton assistant I know of at Arkansas is Jimmy Dykes. He said his style of play and coaching philosophy will mirror Sutton's.

Dykes has never been a head coach so I don't have a clue how he will compare to Sutton in personality.
Not knocking Jimmy, but didn't he "crawl" over to Kentucky with Eddie?

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Danny J

Quote from: High Octane Hog on March 30, 2014, 11:47:55 pm
No...he rode piggyback...pun intended.

GuvHog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 31, 2014, 12:14:16 am
Wouldn't you?

Any basketball coach that wouldn't is insane (Coach Mike K being an exception). That is the #1 HC job in NCAA men's basketball.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: High Octane Hog on March 30, 2014, 11:47:55 pm
Designated driver.   :P

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 30, 2014, 09:35:30 pm

A great many people feared Nolan Richardson, including other coaches, media, his  administration, and fortunately his own players too.  Far too few fear Mike Anderson.

Dykes knows how to coach...but knowin' and doin' are two very different things.  This will be an interesting experiment.  With increased TV coverage of WBB coming as a result of the SEC Network deal, Long has certainly found a way to draw the spotlight to Fayetteville.