Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wisky's Kaminsky

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, March 30, 2014, 04:22:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

That guy is a beast, inside and out.

I really see Portis developing as that kind of big man.

:razorback:

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

rzrbackramsfan

I think Portis can be all kinds of better, but could definitely benefit from having a few more inches like kaminsky.  I doubt Portis stays four years like Kaminsky either.  I hope Portis has been watching Kamiskys game though, he could learn a lot.

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 30, 2014, 05:03:13 pm
I think Portis can be all kinds of better, but could definitely benefit from having a few more inches like kaminsky.  I doubt Portis stays four years like Kaminsky either.  I hope Portis has been watching Kamiskys game though, he could learn a lot.

He's listed at 7'0", but I believe in reality he's 6'10" like Portis.

I think they said yesterday that he's SR., but he's actually a JR.

I would like to see Portis develop the inside game he has, particularly that little jump hook.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Notshavin on March 30, 2014, 05:17:44 pm

I would like to see Portis develop the inside game he has, particularly that little jump hook.

Idk Kaminsky is one tall mofo, I bet he's 7 foot.  Same here, I'd also like to see Portis dunk on more people.  I think Trey Thompson might help Portis and Kingsley take ownership of the paint next year.

twistitup

Hank will teach Portis how to roll like a Kaminsky
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 30, 2014, 05:52:04 pm
What was wrong with the other Kaminsky thread that you had to start your own?

This one incorporates Hank
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 30, 2014, 05:52:04 pm
What was wrong with the other Kaminsky thread that you had to start your own?

Sorry, I looked and didn't see one.  Where is it?

My bad, getting old.

jbcarol

NCAA March Madness ‏@marchmadness  22m
Your votes are in for Player of the #Elite8: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/ut5j  #MarchMadness pic.twitter.com/ymPqFDRI1t

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hoggish1

Quote from: Notshavin on March 30, 2014, 05:17:44 pm

This post is interesting:  Listed at 7' but in reality 6' 10" (whose reality?)...

They said he's a Sr. but he's actually a Jr.

That being said, if Portis can develop into a Kamisky, we will all be in Hog heaven...

March 30, 2014, 09:00:49 pm #9 Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:54:47 pm by Notshavin
Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 30, 2014, 07:58:55 pm
This post is interesting:  Listed at 7' but in reality 6' 10" (whose reality?)...

They said he's a Sr. but he's actually a Jr.

That being said, if Portis can develop into a Kamisky, we will all be in Hog heaven...

Wikipedia says 6'10"

Hoggish1

Quote from: Notshavin on March 30, 2014, 09:00:49 pm
Wikipedia say 6'10"

Wikipedia?  Even more interesting.  So, where was it listed and why even challenge the place listed with Wikipedia?

Disputing one with the other may yet be the nearest thing to the kettle calling the pot black, ever seen on Hogville...

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 30, 2014, 09:32:28 pm
Wikipedia?  Even more interesting.  So, where was it listed and why even challenge the place listed with Wikipedia?

Disputing one with the other may yet be the nearest thing to the kettle calling the pot black, ever seen on Hogville...

Yes, I get that anyone can put anything on wikipedia.  However, it states that he is 6'10" and that the U lists him at 7'0".

It's not uncommon for players to be listed taller than they actually are. 
Therefore, the "official" listing of his height isn't any more reliable than Wikipedia.

There's no way to know for sure either way.  Regardless, it's just 2 inches difference.

arkmark

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 30, 2014, 09:32:28 pm

Somebody needs to check Readers Digest, always been the definitive research go to.

Quote from: arkmark on March 30, 2014, 09:59:10 pm
Somebody needs to check Readers Digest, always been the definitive research go to.

LOL

buffaload

Kaminsky looks like a complete package.  One thing that helps him is Wisky's passing.  Someone taught those guys to make great passes, including him.

jbcarol

Luke Zimmermann ‏@lukezim ·Mar 29
And they say DeSean Jackson has gang ties #SMH pic.twitter.com/mJkWhoEqva

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Matthew Harris ‏@MHarrisAdvocate ·Mar 29
Think someone in the #LSU program needs to show Darcy Malone some tapes of Frank the Tank.

LSU's 7-0 Aussie made 10-12 FGs in 2013-14.

HogsonHicks

Dude's a great player, especially for someone that looks like he walked off the set of Napoleon Dynamite.

pillowhog

Kaminsky 3 star
Portis     5 star

Player development matters.........

The_Iceman

Quote from: pillowhog on March 31, 2014, 12:11:57 pm
Kaminsky 3 star
Portis     5 star

Player development matters.........

Bobby Portis, 6'10" Freshman:
12.3 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.6 blks, 1.0 stls, 51% fg, 27% 3pt.

Frank Kaminsky, 7'0" Junior:
14.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.7 blks, 0.7 stls, 53% fg, 38% 3pt.

pillowhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2014, 12:15:50 pm

Exactly.  One is a 3 star and is a better player than a 5 star

pillowhog

Kaminsky averaged 1 point as a freshman.  PLAYER FREAKIN DEVELOPMENT

The_Iceman

Quote from: pillowhog on March 31, 2014, 12:17:57 pm

How much better is he really? In the same amount of minutes, Bobby is getting almost the same stats when looking at rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.
Then when looking at points, Frank is 14.1 ppg shooting 364 shots (98 3's), while is averaging 12.3 ppg shooting 316 shots (33 3's).

Then, take note that it took two full years of development to get those statistics from Kaminsky, Portis is giving you those numbers year 1. If Portis stays thru his junior year, I'd imagine his numbers will better than Frank's as a junior.

Quote from: buffaload on March 31, 2014, 10:00:02 am
Kaminsky looks like a complete package.  One thing that helps him is Wisky's passing.  Someone taught those guys to make great passes, including him.

Yes and they knew when to find him outside the 3 pt. line.  He has the vision and passing skills of a guard - and so does Portis.

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 31, 2014, 12:06:42 pm
Dude's a great player, especially for someone that looks like he walked off the set of Napoleon Dynamite.

LOL.  And Portis looks pretty nerdy, too.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: pillowhog on March 31, 2014, 12:19:02 pm
Kaminsky averaged 1 point as a freshman.  PLAYER FREAKIN DEVELOPMENT

What's your point, exactly?  That Portis won't develop?

Ky Madden:
2011-2012   6.6 ppg, 1.75 apg, .47 spg
2012-2013   4.2 ppg, 1.87 apg, .55 spg
2013-2014   12.7 ppg, 2.76 apg, .85 spg

Michael Qualls:
2012-2013   4.7 ppg, 3.42 rpg, .74 apg .74 spg
2013-2014   11.6 ppg, 4.45 rpg, 1.94 apg, .94 spg

That's also PLAYER FREAKIN' DEVELOPMENT!

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Notshavin on March 31, 2014, 12:30:08 pm
LOL.  And Portis looks pretty nerdy, too.

Put some specs on the boy, and they could be brothers...

[attachment deleted by admin]

The_Iceman

It will be fun to see how much Moses Kingsley develops. He has a lot more offensive potential than I ever expected. His jump shot is pretty solid.

Next year, I want to see a stat line looking something like this:
22-25 mins per game, 7-8 ppg, 5-6 rpg, 2 blks.

pillowhog

My point is that Wisconsin tends to get more out of their 3 star players than we do.  They have been better than us for almost 20 years.  Why?  PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

pillowhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2014, 12:36:12 pm
It will be fun to see how much Moses Kingsley develops. He has a lot more offensive potential than I ever expected. His jump shot is pretty solid.

Yea I saw him shooting pre game and he suprised me that he had a decent shot.  Wish I could say the same for J. Williams.  With proper player development Kingsley should be in the NBA in a couple of years.  Will he be?  Not sure

The_Iceman

Quote from: pillowhog on March 31, 2014, 12:37:37 pm
My point is that Wisconsin tends to get more out of their 3 star players than we do.  They have been better than us for almost 20 years.  Why?  PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

And they have had the same coach for 13 straight years. That helps with player development. Switching coaches every 4-5 years tends to screw that up.

That's why I really hope Mike can be a 10+ year guy here.

pillowhog

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 31, 2014, 12:34:20 pm
Put some specs on the boy, and they could be brothers...
Ha Ha good stuff

pillowhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2014, 12:39:22 pm
And they have had the same coach for 13 straight years. That helps with player development. Switching coaches every 4-5 years tends to screw that up.

That's why I really hope Mike can be a 10+ year guy here.
I agree

Hoggish1

Quote from: Notshavin on March 30, 2014, 09:54:03 pm
Yes, I get that anyone can put anything on wikipedia.  However, it states that he is 6'10" and that the U lists him at 7'0".

It's not uncommon for players to be listed taller than they actually are. 
Therefore, the "official" listing of his height isn't any more reliable than Wikipedia.

There's no way to know for sure either way.  Regardless, it's just 2 inches difference.

Well, I stood next to Brandon allen and I'm, 5'11''  He was my height.  Yet we listed him at 6' 2" all last year.  Now I see he's being listed at 6'3,"  whoa...

So, I get where you are coming from.

Hoggish1

It will be fun to see how much Moses Kingsley develops.

I'd be happy to just see him play along side Portis, a little...

pillowhog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 31, 2014, 09:25:55 pm
Well, I stood next to Brandon allen and I'm, 5'11''  He was my height.  Yet we listed him at 6' 2" all last year.  Now I see he's being listed at 6'3,"  whoa...

So, I get where you are coming from.
LOL Brandon Allen is not 5-11.  He is around 6-2.  Do you realize how short he would look at 5-11 playing in the SEC?  Ive seen him several times, definetely not 6-3 but way closer to that than 5-11

The_Iceman

Quote from: pillowhog on April 01, 2014, 09:00:09 am
LOL Brandon Allen is not 5-11.  He is around 6-2.  Do you realize how short he would look at 5-11 playing in the SEC?  Ive seen him several times, definetely not 6-3 but way closer to that than 5-11

Yeah, don't think he's 5'11"....

jbcarol

Wisconsin play-by-play broadcaster: Kaminsky played guard until he hit a late growth spurt.

Similar story to Anthony Davis who brought a different skill set but is capitalizing on the ball handling experience.

PorkerOinker

Kaminksy is a heck of a player, but I am afraid his run will come to an end this weekend, especially if Willy Caully Stein is back and healthy for UK. Kentucky has four bigs that are better than any other big Wisky has seen in the tournament so far. I think the talent and athleticism of UK's bigs will be a problem for Kaminsky.

That being said, Wisky still has Bo Ryan on the sideline and as long as they have him they have a shot. I thin Bo is one of the top coaches in the country.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Smithian

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2014, 12:15:50 pm

I don't know if it is because the expectations were already so high, but Bobby Portis was really good this season and didn't receive the props that even guys like Powell and Fortson received as freshman.

jbcarol

870hogfan

Quote from: pillowhog on March 31, 2014, 12:17:57 pm

One is a freshman and the other is a junior...

alohawg

I know Portis will get a shot but honestly I can see Kingsley having a better NBA future.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jbcarol

May 01, 2014, 01:16:21 pm #43 Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 08:46:32 am by jbcarol
Frank Kaminsky on returning to school: the NBA 'looks flat out boring'

QuoteOn Wednesday, Frank the Tank wrote a letter to Wisconsin fans on his blog detailing out his entire thought process on why he made the decision to return to school:

"I am at the pinnacle of my basketball playing career, at least in my eyes," Kaminsky wrote. "I know the NBA has their crazy fans and all, but if you look at all of their games, there are games when teams like the Bobcats get hardly any fans, and it looks flat out boring. At the Kohl Center, we play in front of nearly 17,000 fans every single time we step onto the court. When we travel, we play in front of sell out crowds who absolutely hate us. Not because of who is on the team, but because of where we go to school. Who could leave that?"

Kaminsky clarified later:

QuoteIn my previous post I talked about my decision to stay in college. I didn't think that the post would pick up as much steam as it did, considering the only reason I started this blog was for a class. No way did I expect the blog to make ESPN headlines. No way did I think people would get ahold of this and turn it into something negative, when I intended this to be completely positive.

To all the people who think I am saying the NBA is boring: yea, I may have written it looks "flat out boring," but you have severely missed the context in which I said it...

It sounded positive to me about extolling the college experience except for the part about a future benefactor being "flat out boring."