Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison twins

Started by maggiesue, March 30, 2014, 02:30:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maggiesue

Have you noticed the leadership qualities the Harrison Brothers bring?  Well coached......their Father coached my son in 7th grade when they were in 6th grade......you could see their skill and desire at that age.  Anderson needs to find this type of leadership and let them play the entire game like Cal does......they are the catalyst and at some point will turn the game in Kentucky's favor.

TRUHOG718

Have you watched them play this season before the tourney? Kentucky fans were ready to run them out of town for their selfish and erratic play this season.

T.H.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

FineAsSwine

Hope they get their crybaby butts spanked today.

HF#1

Hopefully they will carry me all the way to a big payday.  My Kentucky bracket is kicking butt and taking names.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 30, 2014, 02:34:43 pm
Have you watched them play this season before the tourney? Kentucky fans were ready to run them out of town for their selfish and erratic play this season.

T.H.

They will be in the NBA next year so Kentucky fans will get their wish

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 30, 2014, 02:34:54 pm
Hope they get their crybaby butts spanked today.

The only thing I have ever agreed on with FineAs$wine

poloprince

We beat them twice maggiesue.
$PoLoPrInCe$

chenalhog

Quote from: maggiesue on March 30, 2014, 02:30:58 pm
Have you noticed the leadership qualities the Harrison Brothers bring?  Well coached......their Father coached my son in 7th grade when they were in 6th grade......you could see their skill and desire at that age.  Anderson needs to find this type of leadership and let them play the entire game like Cal does......they are the catalyst and at some point will turn the game in Kentucky's favor.

chenalhog

I rather have u conn guards

BigSexyHog

Could care less about these 2 worthless Kentucky spares and their daddy who is a coach. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

jry04

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 30, 2014, 05:16:03 pm
Could care less about these 2 worthless Kentucky spares and their daddy who is a coach. 
I think you mean couldn't care less.

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 30, 2014, 02:45:54 pm
They will be in the NBA next year so Kentucky fans will get their wish

The only thing I have ever agreed on with FineAs$wine
I would not bet on them being in the NBA next season. They are not a unanimous first round pick.

The_Bionic_Pig

Potential in a 6' 5 thick Guard + a Final 4 showing and it's a no brainer.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Jackrabbit Hog

If you draft one, do you get them both?  How do you tell which one shows up?  Imagine the possibilities.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hawg Red

Looks like they'll be going pro now. Could be lottery picks if they came back for another year, but their name will be hot now and likely get them into the 1st round conversation.

hoglady

They didn't look like crybabies today.
They looked like tough kids, playing hard and for the most part smart, making plays and hitting key shots.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HawgnCorona

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 30, 2014, 05:16:03 pm
Couldn't care less about these 2 worthless Kentucky spares and their daddy who is a coach. 

Ouch!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

maggiesue

Looks like they are pretty good at the end of the season when it counts the most.  Point I am making, is they have allot of talent, and Cal let them play and now they are growing in confidence and they expect to play well against everybody.  You cannot get that playing 23 minutes a game with constant changes to the lineup you are playing with.

FineAsSwine

Bobby P got around 30 minutes a game. If you are that kind of talent you can get the minutes.

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio ·13 hrs
ESPN has updated the Harrison Twins likelihood of entering the NBA Draft since the Final Four run: http://bit.ly/1j1FeJv

They've played great. They've quieted the doubters. They've proven that you shouldn't write off heralded freshman just because they get off to a slow start. But I still think both players, despite their strong play for UK in the tournament are bubble first rounders. Aaron Harrison has always been in that place. I don't think his stock has moved much all year. Andrew was once considered a Top 10 pick and his stock has obviously fallen. He's helped it in the past two weeks (scouts will always find ways to give 6-5 point guards a second and third look) but he's not cracking the lottery. I hope they go back to school and really dominate next year. If they declare, they are likely late first rounders to early second rounders.

Ford also said that Julius Randle remains Kentucky's top pro prospect as a top 5-6 pick, while Dakari Johnson and Marcus Lee definitely need to return for another year to fully develop. Alex Poythress? Ford conceded that he "might" be drafted, and could be a terrific defender at the next level.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

RazorPiggie

Yep I can see those leadership qualities come through.

Hopefully your son doesn't act like them.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans  4h
Congratulations and good luck to @KentuckyMBB and #Texans fans Andrew and Aaron Harrison tonight in the NCAA Final Four. #HTown

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN ·Apr 7
Harrison Twins father is yelling instructions at them from the front row behind me.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider  7h
RT @KyleTucker_CJ: Caught up with @chadfordinsider for a look at the NBA decision 8 UK players are trying to make: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/uk-beat/2014/04/13/espns-chad-ford-breaks-down-kentuckys-nba-prospects/7672515/ ...

QuotePG ANDREW HARRISON (6-6, 215, freshman)

Why he'd go: "You could just put 'long pause – long, long pause from Chad Ford.' This is the feedback that I've gotten from agents that have interviewed him and their dad: They feel like they weren't showcased or presented as well as they could've been as players and are not sure that another year at Kentucky helps them. They think their game is more ready for the NBA and will show better at the NBA level. And with Andrew, he's got great size for his position and that's one thing that's intriguing about him. NBA teams do love big point guards."

SG AARON HARRISON (6-6, 218, freshman)

Why he'd go: "Even bigger pause, longer pause. He wants to be in the NBA. Aaron was never as highly rated by NBA guys as Andrew because I think he's seen as an average prospect as a two guard. Nothing about his game particularly stands out. He doesn't have elite size, elite athletic ability; he's not an elite shooter. He helped himself in the tournament because he hit some big shots. You can't deny that the young man had some ice running through his veins. But when you look at his metrics and overall game, he's a marginal NBA prospect."

Prediction: "Gone. Both of those (Harrison) kids are gone."

jbcarol

I think there has never been a more crucial NBA decision in the Calipari era than the one the Harrison twins will be making.  If they leave, UK will have just 3 scholarship guards next season and only Dominique Hawkins will have any experience.  If they return, suddenly the Cats are quite deep at the guard spot...

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/btis-rants-and-ramblings-the-5-most-crucial-nba-decisions-of-the-cal-era

jbcarol

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling ·14 hrs
For all my media friends out there...the Harrison twins were on the same flight to Orlando, as the U of L baseball team this afternoon.

UofL Recruiting reporter

jbcarol

Anthony Wireman ‏@awireman  Apr 18
ESPN's Chad Ford believes Andrew and Aaron Harrison are considering a return to UK for their sophomore seasons: http://www.allkyhoops.com/2014/04/chad-ford-thinks-harrison-twins-are.html ...

jbcarol

The Harrison Twins and their father Aaron Sr. spoke with FOX Houston about the possibility of them leaving Kentucky after their freshman years to enter the NBA Draft and where they are in the process. According to the elder Harrison, he sent paperwork to the NBA to have his sons evaluated about 2-3 days ago...

"We are probably midway," said Aaron Harrison Sr. We got to make a decision here in the next six or seven days anyway, but we've sat down and had one or two conversations about it and had some prayer about it, but that's pretty much where we're at. They're not leaning either way."

Aaron the younger also says that the prospects of coming back to win a title at UK are "a factor, but I think that it's more about us personally and not about winning a ring or anything like that." Don't expect any surprise leaks out of this family, this decision will be made and known by only them until they announce...

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/harrison-twins-waiting-just-like-us

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ ·3 hrs
My latest intel on the Harrisons is that if the decision was theirs alone, they'd return. But there are other factors. Will be interesting.

hoglady

I wonder if there's any chance of a split decision.
With one twin returning (Aaron) and one going pro (Andrew).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats ·2 hrs
NEW: Chad Ford says in weekly chat that the Harrisons will be "playing in the D-League" if they go pro this year ...

Would know

BigSexyHog

Looking forward to seeing these dudes flop at the next level.  Either the NBA OR D-League.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

jbcarol

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria ·1 hr
Still No Official Word on the Harrison Twins http://zagsblog.com/kentucky/still-no-official-word-on-the-harrison-twins ...

The twins have until 11:59 p.m. Sunday night to declare for the NBA Draft.

"Outside of them and their dad, I really don't think anybody knows," one source told SNY.tv.

Earlier this week, Aaron Harrison Sr. said he was awaiting feedback from the NBA.

Both twins are projected in the 2015 NBA Draft — not 2014 — by DraftExpress.com.

"They both need another year," one NBA scout told SNY.tv Thursday. "I think they will both help their stock by staying, especially Andrew Harrison."

jbcarol

April 25, 2014, 09:00:33 am #33 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:42:29 pm by jbcarol
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA  59m
Aaron and Andrew Harrison have decided against NBA Draft, will return to Kentucky for sophomore seasons, source tells Yahoo Sports.

Aaron Harrison ‏@AaronICE2  21m
Glad to say that I will be back at UK for my sophomore year. #BBN

Andrew Harrison ‏@DrewRoc5  31m
ONE MORE YEAR #BBN #strivefor9

Retweeted by Andrew Harrison
ESPN College BBall ‏@ESPNCBB  27m
Official: The Harrison Twins are returning to Kentucky. pic.twitter.com/u1FCfBCJ5d

jbcarol

The University of Kentucky just confirmed the twins' announcement:

Freshman guards Aaron and Andrew Harrison will return to the Kentucky men's basketball program for the 2014-15 season, they announced Friday.

Aaron Harrison started all 40 games for the Wildcats during the 2013-14 season and averaged 13.7 points and 3.0 rebounds per game. He knocked down three of UK's all-time most memorable shots in three consecutive games in helping UK past Louisville, Michigan and Wisconsin in the NCAA Tournament to reach the national championship contest.

"I'm coming back for a second season in large part because last year's title run was special, but we still have unfinished business," Aaron Harrison said.

Andrew Harrison started 39 games for UK and poured in 10.9 points and added 4.0 assists per game. He dished out three or more assists in seven of UK's final nine games. His-20 point performance led all Wildcat scorers in an upset of No. 1 seed Wichita State in the NCAA Tournament.

"I'm returning for my sophomore season because I want to win a national title." Andrew Harrison said.

"I'm excited about Aaron and Andrew's decision to return for next season," head coach John Calipari said. "Their postseason play was a result of the improvement they made all season and displayed what they're capable of doing on the court. I look forward to having the opportunity to work with them during the summer and watch them lead next year's team."

Sophomores Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress and fellow freshmen Dakari Johnson and Marcus Lee have already announced their intentions to return for the 2014-15 season.

With the announcement of the Harrisons, Kentucky is set to return 67 percent of its assists (300), 65 percent of minutes played, 59 percent of its scoring (1,773) and 54 percent of its rebounds (872) produced from its Final Four squad.

Additional returnees include freshmen Dominque Hawkins, Derek Willis and EJ Floreal, who all saw action this season. The Wildcats will also welcome the No. 2 rated recruiting class in the nation that sports four McDonald's All-America and Jordan Brand Classic players in Devin Booker, Trey Lyles, Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyler Ulis.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/the-official-release-from-uk-with-quotes-from-cal-and-the-twins

hoglady

Dang, Kentucky is going to be good next year.
The twins should be much improved with a year under their belt, plus they'll be getting some help at the guard position.

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio ·1h
EXCELLENT piece by @GreggDoyelCBS about the Harrison Twins return to Kentucky: http://cbsprt.co/1fDINlC