Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ad in today's ADG sports section...

Started by ricepig, March 30, 2014, 09:04:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 30, 2014, 09:45:04 am
Jeff Long  is way overpaid for the amount of success he has led us to.

Amen he making the School tons of money but not wins on the Field or Court.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LZH

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 30, 2014, 11:18:10 pmI believe I saw where we are valued at I beleve the 8th most valuable program in the country....last I knew, they didnt give a National.Championship for Value...

I think we've dropped to either 11th or 18th, depending on what you read..........just fwiw.

RyeHogFan

PRJ,

I'm not trying to be the grammar police or whatever but you HAVE to work on your punctuation. All the misplaced periods and commas are distracting as I'm trying to read your points. I'm not bashing you or anything, just saying that it's a bit distracting.

Pork Twain

March 31, 2014, 09:53:24 am #103 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:28:19 am by BeoPig™
Quote from: redeye on March 30, 2014, 10:54:12 pm
So he's bad?

Seriously, your comment just sounds bitter and I'm skeptical that you're giving your real reason for not liking Long.  He may be a bad AD, but you've yet to lay out any evidence to support that view.

Still, I'm curious who fans like you would be happy with as our AD?  And if we were to hire your choice, do you really think that would quickly translate into more wins and higher revenue?  I have to guess that you do, since you blame Long for all our problems.  I only wish it were that easy.
PRJ is NOT about answers or putting himself on the spot and is best known as being a drive-by poster.  Maybe even a crop-duster...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HawgWild

I had a friend once tell me that if you set your expectations low enough then you'll never be disappointed. Given this line of thinking, if we get 6+ wins next season in football with a bowl bid and get into the NCAA tournament, would that mean a raise for our AD?

trippigs

I think Jeff Long is leading and representing U of A sports very well. That is a holistic statement and not just based on win/loss records. I still trust him and think he has us moving in the right direction. Hard to agree with every decision and like every result but that is understood and accepted. He has covered a lot of ground during his term and, imho, has earned respect.

The newspaper ad is an embarrassment.

Tusks

man the assimilation is a strong crowd now days.

some are going to ride into the cool aid no matter what the circumstances and some will complain if they were shot with a new bullet.

most truth is somewhere in the middle. 

in the two money sports, that pays for the rest of the programs, the hogs need more success.  some think Long is set up for some substantial success in those two sports over the next two years, some not so much.

one thing for certain, if after the next two years not much has got better in the two big sports.  there will be a new J.Long in the chair.  if the two big sports succeed, the crown will get even gold'r for king jeff.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on March 31, 2014, 11:27:14 am

some are going to ride into the cool aid no matter what the circumstances and some will complain if they were shot with a new bullet.

in the two money sports, that pays for the rest of the programs, the hogs need more success.  some think Long is set up for some substantial success in those two sports over the next two years, some not so much.

one thing for certain, if after the next two years not much has got better in the two big sports.  there will be a new J.Long in the chair.  if the two big sports succeed, the crown will get even gold'r for king jeff.

Yep, spot on.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: Tom Bennett on March 30, 2014, 12:55:48 pm
This.

If you're gonna call out a man by name, have the balls to use your own instead of hiding behind anonymity. That's the coward's way.

I agree.

My names Bolo.

hawgsalot

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 30, 2014, 11:18:10 pm
Redeye, I believe I saw where we are valued at I beleve the 8th most valuable program in the country....last I knew, they didnt give a National.Championship for Value...In the two major sports at the UofA, in the past 7 years with Jeff at the helm..

Football...40-34 overall. 3 bowl games.
basketball 105-86..no NCAA Tourney berths, 1 NIT.

That aint kicking down.the doors....

But by all means, point out Jeffs success

PRJ

You blew your post right out of the water Pork.  If we're 8th in Revenue that's exactly what Jeff's main job is, make the athletic Dept money.  Of course raising money for facilities is also a big part of the job.  I assure you he's excelled there as well.  Goodness gracious at least come up with something that shows us he's doing a bad job other than your word.  Seriously, your own argument against JL in actuality supports Jeff's raises.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 30, 2014, 10:43:41 pm
Those fans want to become the Harvard of the south...

PRJ

For the 10 trillionth time.... Bobby Petrino and his faux paux put the UofA in this mess. Smiley Smith or any of the other slaps left over were the only option at the time. 1st year suck on Petrino... CBB came in to re-tool got left with a cupboard full of fail and got slammed with the blame. Jeff Long did as best as could be expected and you impatient, short sighted folk are playing "squeaky wheel" hoping to get fast results on a total rebuild.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: tusked on March 31, 2014, 11:27:14 am

It could more than just Long if the worse case scenario plays out.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hogsanity

Is Long responsible for w/l's or for REVENUE. If it is revenue, then he is worth the money being paid to him. IF it is w's/l's, bowls and nccat appearances in the 2 main sports, then how long do you wait between coaches?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cylinder

If this current level of production continues, these revenue streams will dry up faster than one of Bielema's fake punts.

Remember when everyone was noticing the bandwagon fans a few years back?

Do seat prices go up or down for 3/4 attendance?

It's great to be a fan of the U and its programs. It's silly to whistle past this graveyard.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 31, 2014, 01:17:26 pm
Is Long responsible for w/l's or for REVENUE. If it is revenue, then he is worth the money being paid to him. IF it is w's/l's, bowls and nccat appearances in the 2 main sports, then how long do you wait between coaches?

The industry standard appears to be 3-5 years, depending upon context at a particular school.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: locusbug on March 31, 2014, 05:18:20 am
Not sure what your point was (other than sounding like a backwoods redneck), but for an alum whose career is tied to my degree being "Harvard of the South" that is not a bad thing.  ;)

The point being, and surely you know the point, Harvard is, in big time college athletics, irrelevant. John White wanted to de emphasize athletics...we are seeing that now. All the while, we are playing in the most vicious conference in America.

I should've known the response I would get from a Chicago resident...

PRJ

PorkSoda

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 30, 2014, 09:49:57 am
That's what I call progress.

We're so high-class around here, our victories cost more than anywhere else in the whole freekin' country.
what are these victories you speak of?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 02:09:58 pm
The point being, and surely you know the point, Harvard is, in big time college athletics, irrelevant. John White wanted to de emphasize athletics...we are seeing that now. All the while, we are playing in the most vicious conference in America.

I should've known the response I would get from a Chicago resident...

PRJ

You do understand the first priority of a university is to teach - don't you?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hawgsalot on March 31, 2014, 11:42:14 am
You blew your post right out of the water Pork.  If we're 8th in Revenue that's exactly what Jeff's main job is, make the athletic Dept money.  Of course raising money for facilities is also a big part of the job.  I assure you he's excelled there as well.  Goodness gracious at least come up with something that shows us he's doing a bad job other than your word.  Seriously, your own argument against JL in actuality supports Jeff's raises.

In the post above, I just pointed out where his shortcomings are. On the field. Surely you dont believe the new football operations center was Jeff do you? If Bobby hadnt been winning, Long would have never raised that money...Van Horn raised his own money to build his indoor facility and was told by Jeff Long to wait...

But by all means, keep tootin his horn...the results are on the field...

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: locusbug on March 31, 2014, 02:16:55 pm
You do understand the first priority of a university is to teach - don't you?

See.....this is MMQB...now Vent N Rumors....it is about football. The only teaching is teaching football...Arkansas Sports is the basis of message boards.

I wish Lanny would start an academic board section...where you and your like could go and discuss teachings..and GPA'S...

PRJ

WilsonHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 02:21:34 pm
See.....this is MMQB...now Vent N Rumors....it is about football. The only teaching is teaching football...Arkansas Sports is the basis of message boards.

I wish Lanny would start an academic board section...where you and your like could go and discuss teachings..and GPA'S...

PRJ

No one ever confused the mission of a university with the function of a message board.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Tom Bennett on March 31, 2014, 02:29:22 pm
No one ever confused the mission of a university with the function of a message board.

Wins dude....wins

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: RyeHogFan on March 31, 2014, 09:24:48 am
PRJ,

I'm not trying to be the grammar police or whatever but you HAVE to work on your punctuation. All the misplaced periods and commas are distracting as I'm trying to read your points. I'm not bashing you or anything, just saying that it's a bit distracting.

Sorry for the punctuation. Was on my phone last night and seems my thumb was getting in the way....

PRJ

redeye

Quote from: MrThunderhog on March 31, 2014, 04:20:22 am
Jeff Long was force fed Bobby Petrino
Mike Anderson was a similar type hire if what was reported was true

Bret Bielema is all Jeff Longs

So before you go tooting Jeff Longs horn about his miracle hires, you might want to think about that a bit. And smile, he hired John L Smith because the team could basically coach itself.

Yea, I've heard this BS a million times, but let me be sure I get it straight.  Long is bad because he was "force fed" good coaches that win?  And, he's also bad for shocking the nation, while hiring one of the winningest coaches in football on his own?

Grow up!

WilsonHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 02:34:49 pm
Wins dude....wins

PRJ

The function of an university athletic program is definitely wins....within the context of the mission and vision established by the BOT, system president, and chancellor. It would seem from all indications that those folks are pleased with the job Jeff Long has done as AD.

Those are the people he answers to.

kingofdequeen

in life, there are 3 absolutes:

Death, Taxes and whoever put that in the paper being a gigantic doosh canoe. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 02:21:34 pm

PRJ

Wow this is about football? Holy cow I never realized that. I will ask you another question more related to football since my other reply blew over your hillbilly head.

You do realize the athletes must maintain a GPA to be eligible - don't you? Hence the title student athlete.

You see you are mixing the NCAA with the NFL. This is the reason the NFL calls them players and the NCAA calls them student athletes. If you ever ventured off your front porch you might find life is a little more complicated that you realize.  ;D

seasonhog

Quote from: Tom Bennett on March 31, 2014, 02:43:52 pm
The function of an university athletic program is definitely wins....within the context of the mission and vision established by the BOT, system president, and chancellor. It would seem from all indications that those folks are pleased with the job Jeff Long has done as AD.

Those are the people he answers to.

In the end it is the fans.........just ask Nutt.....

Pleased with Long.......we are in more trouble then most realize.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: locusbug on March 31, 2014, 03:11:26 pm
You had your phone up your butt?  ;)

How old are you? I would guess about 11 except for the fact you have alluded to drinking metamucil in the morning while you peruse your Chicago sun times.

PRJ

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 04:14:00 pm
How old are you? I would guess about 11 except for the fact you have alluded to drinking metamucil in the morning while you peruse your Chicago sun times.

PRJ

That was a disappointing comeback.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: locusbug on March 31, 2014, 03:08:32 pm
Wow this is about football? Holy cow I never realized that. I will ask you another question more related to football since my other reply blew over your hillbilly head.

You do realize the athletes must maintain a GPA to be eligible - don't you? Hence the title student athlete.

You see you are mixing the NCAA with the NFL. This is the reason the NFL calls them players and the NCAA calls them student athletes. If you ever ventured off your front porch you might find life is a little more complicated that you realize.  ;D

And you show how naive you are with your student athlete claim. Technically, yes they are student athletes. But if you believe they consider themselves students first, that most coaches believe they are students first...well, you could be convinced that Chicago is a great place to live....oh wait..

So keep on believing, that in major league football, that the student comes first...i come here for the football, not to hear some half witted nonsense from some academia nut telling me how the world works....

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: locusbug on March 31, 2014, 04:23:36 pm
That was a disappointing comeback.

I forgot...you are here for the insults....I wont be playing those games with you.

Fact is, in about 2, 3 years....I will be proven correct on Long and Bret Bielema....but by all means, keep throwing your sunshine and skittles out.....

PRJ

TOM "tbw1"

Serious question for PRJ.  Do you know what the University President, the Chancellor and the Board of Trustees require of Jeff Long?  Do you know what is required for compliance with the NCAA and Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools?

Thank you for your response.

Tom Wilson
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 04:28:47 pm
I forgot...you are here for the insults....I wont be playing those games with you.

Fact is, in about 2, 3 years....I will be proven correct on Long and Bret Bielema....but by all means, keep throwing your sunshine and skittles out.....

PRJ

That is some weak stuff Jimmy.  ;D

And you are already wrong - at least about me. I only insult you as you cannot come on here and have a decent conversation. Notice how many people come after your posts versus mine. You always come off as having contempt toward Hogvillians, the coaches, and the school.

There are a few on here who don't like the direction we are going in and I have great respectable conversations with them.

Respect the subject and me - and I promise I will do the same.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on March 31, 2014, 04:43:37 pm
Serious question for PRJ.  Do you know what the University President, the Chancellor and the Board of Trustees require of Jeff Long?  Do you know what is required for compliance with the NCAA and Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools?

Thank you for your response.

Tom Wilson

Tom, I know exactly what Jeff Long's superiors require of him. I also know what Bill Battle's superiors expect of him and Mal Moore before him. I also know what Joe Alleva's superiors expect of him and also what Jay Jacobs superiors expect.

And you can talk about compliance, you can talk about student athletes academic performance, revenue, on and on....I posted records last night of our wins and loss records in the 2 big sports during Jeffs first seven years. While I feel like basketball is on its way up, 19 games above. 500 in seven years is unacceptable. 6 games above. 500 in football is pathetic. And 3 years of Petrino were 29 of those wins....4 other years, 11 wins....Is that what you consider success?

A CEO'S job consists of many things, many parameters...But if sales continually tank, he isnt long for the job.

If football is not corrected, revenue will not continue to rise. I posted last night that we were the 8th most valuable program in the country. LEDZEP pointed out that we had dropped since that report I saw. The revenue growth was a combined two things. Mike Slives ability to rework a television deal and Bobbys 3 winning years.

You can continue the Jeff Long is the greatest mantra all day....but if sales (wins) dont rebound, he will be replaced...either that or we fold up the athletic tent, let everyone know that wins are not important to the bottom line....and move to the Ivy league, or the southland. 11 wins to 4 wins to 3 wins. Is that satisfactory to you...as a shareholder, is that performance acceptable?

PRJ

seasonhog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 05:55:30 pm
Tom, I know exactly what Jeff Long's superiors require of him. I also know what Bill Battle's superiors expect of him and Mal Moore before him. I also know what Joe Alleva's superiors expect of him and also what Jay Jacobs superiors expect.

And you can talk about compliance, you can talk about student athletes academic performance, revenue, on and on....I posted records last night of our wins and loss records in the 2 big sports during Jeffs first seven years. While I feel like basketball is on its way up, 19 games above. 500 in seven years is unacceptable. 6 games above. 500 in football is pathetic. And 3 years of Petrino were 29 of those wins....4 other years, 11 wins....Is that what you consider success?

A CEO'S job consists of many things, many parameters...But if sales continually tank, he isnt long for the job.

If football is not corrected, revenue will not continue to rise. I posted last night that we were the 8th most valuable program in the country. LEDZEP pointed out that we had dropped since that report I saw. The revenue growth was a combined two things. Mike Slives ability to rework a television deal and Bobbys 3 winning years.

You can continue the Jeff Long is the greatest mantra all day....but if sales (wins) dont rebound, he will be replaced...either that or we fold up the athletic tent, let everyone know that wins are not important to the bottom line....and move to the Ivy league, or the southland. 11 wins to 4 wins to 3 wins. Is that satisfactory to you...as a shareholder, is that performance acceptable?

PRJ

I don't think winning is all that important to many on this board or the Hierarchy at the U of A.

More fun to call names & bash those who care abt winning.

Danny J

Quote from: seasonhog on March 31, 2014, 06:25:17 pm

I don't think winning is all that important to many on this board or the Hierarchy at the U of A.

Surely you jest?

grayhawg

???

seasonhog

WilsonHog

The fallacy is the notion that if someone isn't willing to do anything to win, they somehow "don't care about winning."

goodguytex

I think most Hog fans are trying to be patient and  give the current coaches some latitude to get their respective programs rebuilt. In basketball we have seen steady improvement each year of Anderson's tenure as HC. We finally made post season play. Next season I expect to improve again and make the big dance.

Same expectations should take place with football. But Bielema has had one year, coming in to clean up what John L Smith left behind, as well as sub par recruiting. Bielema has his work cut out for him, but he's proven he's willing to make big changes on defense when he knows how dismal it was. He deserves this season to see if there is big improvement. History says there will be at a minimum marginal improvement. Bowl eligible would satisfy me. But it's taking time to do the rebuild bielema is doing. And I for one am not going to act like a little five year old in the back of the car coming home from a family outing yammering "are we there yet?" I'm going to try to be patient. Hopefully it will be rewarded. We will see.

seasonhog

Quote from: goodguytex on March 31, 2014, 07:17:56 pm
I think most Hog fans are trying to be patient and  give the current coaches some latitude to get their respective programs rebuilt. In basketball we have seen steady improvement each year of Anderson's tenure as HC. We finally made post season play. Next season I expect to improve again and make the big dance.

Same expectations should take place with football. But Bielema has had one year, coming in to clean up what John L Smith left behind, as well as sub par recruiting. Bielema has his work cut out for him, but he's proven he's willing to make big changes on defense when he knows how dismal it was. He deserves this season to see if there is big improvement. History says there will be at a minimum marginal improvement. Bowl eligible would satisfy me. But it's taking time to do the rebuild bielema is doing. And I for one am not going to act like a little five year old in the back of the car coming home from a family outing yammering "are we there yet?" I'm going to try to be patient. Hopefully it will be rewarded. We will see.

very well said........

goodguytex

TOM "tbw1"

I think you are confusing those who know how hard it is to build a football program the right way.  I also believe you are confusing those who have a UA degree and professional degrees from the UA who care deeply about the reputation of the university. 

Anyone who does not care about winning is not a Razorback fan.  Anyone calling another Razorback fan a name or questioning his intelligence is not a fan.  I consider myself a fan because I have been all my life.  I despise those people who do not respect our program or do not respect those who are a part of the program.  I also have no quarter for the "earn my respect" posters.  They earned that respect when they took a job here or put on the uniform. 

Read
Quote from: goodguytex on March 31, 2014, 07:17:56 pm

That is where 90% of the Razorback fans are, IMHO.  I think there is a small loud minority who thinks they have all the answers and are still upset that Bobby Petrino is not here.  However, it is easy to spot those who are so determined to be right and see people fired.  Makes for easier reading to pass them by.

Your posts, seasonhog, I take time to read.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 05:55:30 pm

PRJ

Actually a lot of what you post is not bad, but every post of yours always has something that is flawed. You compliment CMA on turning around the basketball program. Did he turn it around in one year? Why aren't you giving CBB the same opportunity?

I would say turning around a flawed football team takes longer due to the number of players needed.

goodguytex

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on March 31, 2014, 07:50:00 pm
I think you are confusing those who know how hard it is to build a football program the right way.  I also believe you are confusing those who have a UA degree and professional degrees from the UA who care deeply about the reputation of the university. 

Anyone who does not care about winning is not a Razorback fan.  Anyone calling another Razorback fan a name or questioning his intelligence is not a fan.  I consider myself a fan because I have been all my life.  I despise those people who do not respect our program or do not respect those who are a part of the program.  I also have no quarter for the "earn my respect" posters.  They earned that respect when they took a job here or put on the uniform. 

Read   

That is where 90% of the Razorback fans are, IMHO.  I think there is a small loud minority who thinks they have all the answers and are still upset that Bobby Petrino is not here.  However, it is easy to spot those who are so determined to be right and see people fired.  Makes for easier reading to pass them by.

There are friends of mine who are just tired of always sucking hind tit, so to speak... We somehow manage to get close, get to the front door of greatness then it opens a crack and we fall in our butts and the door gets slammed in our collective faces. Case in point the 69 great shoutout. Another one the 98 Stoerner fumble. Another one the Reggie fish muff of the punt. Another case in point the 2010 Bama game we should have won.

Just when we seem to almost be there we go back to where we started. And hog fans are sick and tired of it. They saw Bobby as being the one who brought us back to greatness and then because of off the field issues they blame Long, not Bobby for screwing up the hogs future.

What many of these people don't see that I do see is our program was fixing to trend downward anyway with Petrino. Our recruiting was not where it should be. Developing the depth Petrino wanted was not happening. There was not sufficient player development and a solid redshirt program. There was too much attrition by talent we could sure use right now in one way or another. Petrino might have saved his career by doing what he did, but that's a guess on my part that I may be wrong about.

But there were clearly systemic long term problems that I really believe Bielema sees and is trying to address and fix. But it takes time. And I'm going to try to be patient, at least for awhile longer. I hope most hog fans hang in there and don't give up. When you're rebuilding from the ground up, it does take time. Especially coming off the cluster that was 2012. I just hope Bielema has the foresight and vision to get it done. He might not, but he sure deserves more than one year before we give up.

seasonhog

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on March 31, 2014, 07:50:00 pm

Read   

seasonhog

Quote from: seasonhog on March 31, 2014, 08:07:25 pm

Thank you Tom....

I read Hogville a long time before the first post...wish i could say that it was a
good idea to start.

I don't bash or call names if i can help it.

I value everyone opinion no matter what.....thank you for that.

We need some wins in FB & BB before i get to old to care.....
Last two seasons was a embarrassment.....who likes getting beat 50 points & see our players quit.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: locusbug on March 31, 2014, 07:54:36 pm
Actually a lot of what you post is not bad, but every post of yours always has something that is flawed. You compliment CMA on turning around the basketball program. Did he turn it around in one year? Why aren't you giving CBB the same opportunity?

I would say turning around a flawed football team takes longer due to the number of players needed.

Mike Anderson took over a real trainwreck. APR issues, player issues and a atmosphere that was terrible...with that said, and I love Mike Anderson, Mike needs to make a big step next year..

Do you think it wise a wise move, a good business decision to lock Bielema in to the contract he has? With the huge buyout he has the first 4, 5 years? Is that a good decision?

Do you think the fans will continue to pay higher ticket prices if we continue minimal improvement? If Bret wins 5 next year, do you think that is enough to justify higher ticket prices? Will the stadium be full? Do ticket sales help in the revenue aspect?

As I stated earlier, I love Mike Anderson. But we had a NIT home game and there was maybe 7,000 fans in attendance, in a 19,500 seat arena. For a postseason game. In Little Rock last year, for the last game for the season in Little Rock, there were at least 10,000 empty seats...in Little Rock. If wins do not come, fans will not show..as any CEO can tell you, when people dont come to the store and the product doesnt sell, heads roll and eventually the CEO'S head lands at his feet.

I have season tickets, football and basketball, therefore I am a shareholder. I donate my money. And I have a right to complain when something isn't going well. Jeff Long made a mistake in the contract with Bret Bielema. In 2 more years, when he still isnt winning, and folks like you start to gripe, they still cant move on Bret because of the buyout. Smart business decision? Hell, I thought when he reworked Bobbys contract, he was making a bad business decision on the buyout part.....and I liked Bobby.

He has made mistakes, lots of them. Small ones, big ones, egotistical ones, on and on. The only reason he gets the great AD tag from folks is because he canned Bobby. He ran the University of Pittsburgh in the ground.

In closing, you can sit here and type away about my flawed argument. That I need to respect you, all the while disrespecting me because of my opinion. Well my opinion buys season tickets, attends damn near every game over the past 15 years...and I will be giving my opinion and attending games while you sit in Chicago telling everyone, and many who do exactly the same as me, have season tickets and go to every game, you will be telling them and me how we should be acting about the program, claiming you better respect me...as I believe Tom said above, a guy who most of the time I dont agree with his opinion, but I respect the hell out of him, just like Wilson...as Tom said, I dont subscribe to the give me respect crowd....but dont tell me, a guy who invests thousands of dollars in these programs a year, what I should think or what shouldnt piss me off. This hillbilly has made the investment giving him the right to speak his opinon.

PRJ

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 31, 2014, 08:25:20 pm

In closing, you can sit here and type away about my flawed argument. That I need to respect you, all the while disrespecting me because of my opinion. Well my opinion buys season tickets, attends damn near every game over the past 15 years...and I will be giving my opinion and attending games while you sit in Chicago telling everyone, and many who do exactly the same as me, have season tickets and go to every game, you will be telling them and me how we should be acting about the program, claiming you better respect me...as I believe Tom said above, a guy who most of the time I dont agree with his opinion, but I respect the hell out of him, just like Wilson...as Tom said, I dont subscribe to the give me respect crowd....but dont tell me, a guy who invests thousands of dollars in these programs a year, what I should think or what shouldnt piss me off. This hillbilly has made the investment giving him the right to speak his opinon.

PRJ

I have copied my reply to you so you could see how ludicrous and over the top your response is.

Quote from: locusbug on March 31, 2014, 07:54:36 pm

Notice I say I actually AGREE with a lot of what you are posting. I gave my opinion as to why one part of your post was flawed. I apologize for giving my opinion.

And what is it with me living in Chicago that bothers you? You have mentioned that several times.