Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ad in today's ADG sports section...

Started by ricepig, March 30, 2014, 09:04:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

So, who on HV claims to be "Friends of The Razorbacks", that bought the ad wanting concerned fans and donors to write Gov. Beebe and BOT chairwoman Jane Rogers to express your concerns over Jeff Long's salary? The ad states that Long asked the UofA to increase his compensation from $1.5mil to $2mil on the rationale that he had been contacted by UT. It goes on to tell us Long's record, and basically that he doesn't deserve being paid as much. Well, who in sports does?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2014, 09:04:39 am
So, who on HV claims to be "Friends of The Razorbacks", that bought the ad wanting concerned fans and donors to write Gov. Beebe and BOT chairwoman Jane Rogers to express your concerns over Jeff Long's salary? The ad states that Long asked the UofA to increase his compensation from $1.5mil to $2mil on the rationale that he had been contacted by UT. It goes on to tell us Long's record, and basically that he doesn't deserve being paid as much. Well, who in sports does?

Yep message to the sports world - we crazy fans will hound you to death of we don't like you.  :puke:
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

secfan30

grayhawg

Just tell him so long Mr. Long.

OBTW which UT contacted him?

Mike_e

I used to wonder why the 'inbred' jokes just never seemed to go away.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

ricepig

Quote from: grayhawg on March 30, 2014, 09:13:02 am

Texas, you don't remember them going through an AD search before they hired a football coach?

aristotle

Who here doesn't use leverage to get a raise or try to better their condition when their skills are obviously in demand by others?

You strike when the iron is hot.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2014, 09:15:16 am
Texas, you don't remember them going through an AD search before they hired a football coach?
And I thought he got a raise right after that episode.

grayhawg

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2014, 09:15:16 am
Okay but what was that, 6 months ago?
I thought I read he already received a raise for that.

chitwnhog

Quote from: grayhawg on March 30, 2014, 09:19:06 am
Okay but what was that, 6 months ago?
I thought I read he already received a raise for that.

He did...it's Arkansas...we slow.

FrozenHam

LZH

Wasn't his original salary $500k?  He's logged alot of financial mileage off of Petrino's coattails.  Before long (n.p.i.) he'll have to pull one out of his own butt if he wants to keep it up.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 30, 2014, 09:39:35 am
Wasn't his original salary $500k?  He's logged alot of financial mileage off of Petrino's coattails.  Before long (n.p.i.) he'll have to pull one out of his own butt if he wants to keep it up.
An SEC football victory seems like the next step.

Marshfieldhog

Jeff Long  is way overpaid for the amount of success he has led us to.

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 30, 2014, 09:42:32 am
An SEC football victory seems like the next step.

That's what I call progress.

We're so high-class around here, our victories cost more than anywhere else in the whole freekin' country.

ricepig

Quote from: chitwnhog on March 30, 2014, 09:34:27 am
He did...it's Arkansas...we slow.

Well, the ad did list some guy in Austin, TX as treasure of this group, maybe the news just hit down there.

RAZORBACKER60

Well, say what you want about us crazy Arkansas fans but the facts are the facts. Arkansas is the only SEC team that did not make it to a bowl game or the NCAA basketball tourney in 2014. To me that says poor job performance.

He came in and put a lot of distance between the university and so big donors by pushing good men like Chuck Dicus out the door.

Long it seems is very lucky every time he hires a coach. Petrino fell into his lap, and was about to hire guys like Jim Grobe or Bowden, who have both been fired. Mike Anderson always wanted to come back home to Arkansas, and without that connection to the program I bet Long would not have been able to close that deal on his on.

Then there is his actions after the Petrino deal. He hires Mr. Smiley who did not even know what state he coaching in, thought we were Alabama!

And it takes him several months to hire someone who goes 0-8 in the SEC and has a nine game losing streak all while under a four year 12.8 million umbrella!

Bottom line only winning happening in the U of A athletic department is all the big contracts
Jeff Long is getting and giving.

Last I am about to turn forty-three and I've followed and supported the Razorbacks both with my heart and money since I could remember and I can't recall our program as a total ever being this low. I know this post will get delegated and some will say I am wrong but it's just my opinion.

I love the University and I love the Razorbacks!

Go Hogs!

Hawgzinbowlz

March 30, 2014, 10:10:38 am #18 Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:21:30 am by MorrellHog

Long, who was recently named the chairman of the 13-member College Football Playoff selection committee...

The ad gives credibility to the argument that our fan base is ... (see Clay Travis)

" GO HOGS "

Arkfan

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 30, 2014, 09:45:04 am
Jeff Long  is way overpaid for the amount of success he has led us to.

I couldn't agree more.

ricepig

Well, also in the ADG is their annual list of top salaries in the state for 2013, they list Long at $865,000/yr.

Choctaw Hog

By reading responses to threads like this a person can easily tell who has actually been in the real business world making key decisions and getting paid commensurate with the impact of those decisions and those who haven't.  That's why some people know how to negotiate salary, benefits, etc. while others accept their minimum wage pay and COL raises while doing nothing to improve their situation.   

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: grayhawg on March 30, 2014, 09:13:02 am

The orange one ......................................You guess which one of those.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Fatty McGee

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 30, 2014, 09:49:57 am
That's what I call progress.

We're so high-class around here, our victories cost more than anywhere else in the whole freekin' country.

Awesome.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

harrisburghog

This program under Long's full leadership is like a snowball headed for hell. There are many of us who are  nowhere near as enamored with long as he is himself.

Wants2Win

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on March 30, 2014, 11:53:06 am
By reading responses to threads like this a person can easily tell who has actually been in the real business world making key decisions and getting paid commensurate with the impact of those decisions and those who haven't.  That's why some people know how to negotiate salary, benefits, etc. while others accept their minimum wage pay and COL raises while doing nothing to improve their situation.   
Doing a substandard job will either (A) lead to termination or (B) run the business into the ground every single time. No matter the compensation in between those 2 points.

kaki

Wish these people who have the money to buy the ads, had the courage to identify themselves, rather than purport to the be the voice of Razorback fans. 

Hog1952

harrisburghog

The uprising against HDN started small and in somewhat this way, we all know the results.

Ragnar Hogbrok

If you want to write an open letter, have the balls to sign your name.  Don't go the coward's way out by using some moniker like, "Friends of the Razorbacks."

If you believe something to be true, then you should have no problem looking someone in the eye and telling them...or at least signing your name to the correspondence.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

harrisburghog

Hog1952
Senior

[applaud] / [smite]

Re: Ad in today's ADG sports section...
Longhorn ad....Sore losers!

They're the losers? Might want to rethink that post. 

jabberjawls

I don't know what all the fuss is about.  Long is doing a great job.  If you don't believe me, just ask him. <sarcasm>  pleeeeeeze!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on March 30, 2014, 12:51:35 pm
If you want to write an open letter, have the balls to sign your name.  Don't go the coward's way out by using some moniker like, "Friends of the Razorbacks."

If you believe something to be true, then you should have no problem looking someone in the eye and telling them...or at least signing your name to the correspondence.

This.

If you're gonna call out a man by name, have the balls to use your own instead of hiding behind anonymity. That's the coward's way.

ricepig

Quote from: Tom Bennett on March 30, 2014, 12:55:48 pm
This.

If you're gonna call out a man by name, have the balls to use your own instead of hiding behind anonymity. That's the coward's way.

Well, C. Johnson, Treasure, 401 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701 is listed at the bottom of the ad. I hope this isn't against HV rules to list as it is public info.

chitwnhog

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2014, 01:13:54 pm
Well, C. Johnson, Treasure, 401 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701 is listed at the bottom of the ad. I hope this isn't against HV rules to list as it is public info.

That's a bank building in downtown Austin. Maybe it is C. Johnson's office...maybe.

ricepig

Quote from: chitwnhog on March 30, 2014, 01:29:14 pm
That's a bank building in downtown Austin. Maybe it is C. Johnson's office...maybe.

Ok, who knows, who cares, haha.

HF#1

This is why Arkansas has the  perception in the media that it does.  Fanbase is detrimental to the program.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Wants2Win

Quote from: HogFan#1 on March 30, 2014, 01:45:04 pm
This is why Arkansas has the  perception in the media that it does.  Fanbase is detrimental to the program.
When in doubt scapegoat the fans.

HF#1

Quote from: Wants2Win on March 30, 2014, 01:55:28 pm
When in doubt scapegoat the fans.

Not at all.  Time after time, we prove that we are the opposite of supportive.  We expect way more than we should year in and year out.  Perhaps if we tempered our expectations and actually just support the program we might get different results.

Oh and when those expectations aren't met, we do crap like this. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogeration

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on March 30, 2014, 12:51:35 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if the reason names weren't mentioned is bc some are leaders in different razorback committees or FOUNDATIONS.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogeration on March 30, 2014, 02:11:39 pm
It wouldn't surprise me if the reason names weren't mentioned is bc some are leaders in different razorback committees or FOUNDATIONS.

LOL

DoctorSusscrofa

Hog fans are the biggest pork eaters in the country.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Hogeration on March 30, 2014, 02:11:39 pm

Leaders are well-known for their anonymity.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

harrisburghog

The complaints aren't against the program but the individual who runs it.

go hogues

Quote from: HogFan#1 on March 30, 2014, 01:58:59 pm
Not at all.  Time after time, we prove that we are the opposite of supportive.  We expect way more than we should year in and year out.  Perhaps if we tempered our expectations and actually just support the program we might get different results.

Oh and when those expectations aren't met, we do crap like this. 
Not that I agree with the Ad but we are hardly the only ones to do this. We just do more often because we suck more often. For the record, I like and support Jeff Long and feel as though he's one of the best AD's in the country.

SEC FANS WHO HAVE RISEN UP WHEN THEIR PROGRAMS HIT LEVELS THEY DIDN'T AGREE WITH:
Ole Miss
https://www.facebook.com/forwardrebels

Florida
http://bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2013/11/gators_unrest_ends_vs_vandy

Don't think for one minute that if LSU, Bama or any other school, frankly, were on the slide we were on, that they wouldn't make their voice heard.

It's almost a blessing that Bama fans are constantly placated with wins, because when they are even mediocre, their fans act like three year olds.

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

ricepig

Quote from: go hogues on March 30, 2014, 02:46:38 pm

Don't think for one minute that if LSU, Bama or any other school, frankly, were on the slide we were on, that they wouldn't make their voice heard.

It's almost a blessing that Bama fans are constantly placated with wins, because when they are even mediocre, their fans act like three year olds.

Shoot, most in Bama have Saban on the hot seat since he's lost two in a row......

Jimmy

The governor will not involve himself in this, nor should he.   

rhog1

Doing more and more to prove Clay Travis right about our fan base.