Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big April Announcement

Started by Porked Tongue, March 29, 2014, 08:18:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhogLR

Arkansas will be leaving the SEC and joining ASU, UALR, UCA and UAPB to form the Arkansas Athletic Conference.  To increase league presence, they will also be taking teams from Alaska, Hawaii, any school in Texas that doesn't include "Texas" in its name and any school from Kansas willing to add an "R" in front of its name and stop pronouncing the last "S" (ie RWichita Tate).

Razorhawg09

Secondary logo. Not new news.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Re-joining Big 12 (or however many they have now).

PonderinHog

The_Iceman

Marshfieldhog

aar0n

A new, updated Hog logo across the board is what I'm hearing. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorBroncs on March 31, 2014, 02:16:45 pm
A new, updated Hog logo across the board is what I'm hearing. 

Hearing from?.......

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 31, 2014, 11:48:17 am
Secondary logo. Not new news.

My thoughts as well. New secondary logo along with the whole cardinal color consistency initiative. Rumors that the announcement will come on Dickson St via train have gone unconfirmed.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The_Iceman

March 31, 2014, 02:39:54 pm #59 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:50:32 pm by The_Iceman
The front facing logo seems like the most likely change though, seeing what Nike has done recently:

razorback44

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2014, 10:25:15 am

There is a lot of speculation it might be that logo at the end of the video. Or that could just be a tease for something else.

It doesn't seem to be football related because the videos advertise all sports, not just football. So to me, that rules out new uniforms. But, the video is sponsored by Nike, so it could be something they have been working on for across the board in athletics.

It's a push for brand consistency according to Mike Waddell and it will include new uniforms for football and other sports.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

3kgthog

I'm so used to wearing t-shirts and hats with shades of red that don't match. I really don't know if I can adapt to this kind of dramatic change. It's very...emotional. Maybe I can cope as long as running Hog is still our número uno logo.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2014, 10:25:15 am

There is a lot of speculation it might be that logo at the end of the video. Or that could just be a tease for something else.

It doesn't seem to be football related because the videos advertise all sports, not just football. So to me, that rules out new uniforms. But, the video is sponsored by Nike, so it could be something they have been working on for across the board in athletics.

The 23 second mark tells you all you need to know....
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

The_Iceman

Quote from: Arkiehawg (kingfish0318) on April 01, 2014, 01:43:35 pm

I wonder if it will be a full front-facing logo variation of this:

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 01, 2014, 01:50:59 pm

My guess would be close to that.  I think the front facing logo will have the same "texturing" so to speak as the Hog mural on the BAC inside DWRRS.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The_Iceman

Quote from: rlh06 on April 01, 2014, 02:02:48 pm
My guess would be close to that.  I think the front facing logo will have the same "texturing" so to speak as the Hog mural on the BAC inside DWRRS.

They also use it inside the indoor facility.

I'm sure Nike is on the video, they are the ones responsible for whatever big is coming.

twistitup

Better food options at games - the ozark cheesesteak will be rolled out stadium wide
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 01, 2014, 02:08:38 pm
They also use it inside the indoor facility.

I'm sure Nike is on the video, they are the ones responsible for whatever big is coming.

There you go! I was just looking for a good image of it and this is a great one. I think the front facing Hog "texturing" will be consistent with this.  Now, if they get a little too cheesy and say, try to make two "Swooshes" into tusks, it could get ugly.  ;D

razorback44

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 01, 2014, 01:50:59 pm

This was done by a different graphic design company.  Nike is going to design their own materials.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 01, 2014, 05:57:19 am
as long as running Hog is still our número uno logo.

I agree, if they exchange the running hog for a full frontal it will be a travesty.

-phil

razorback44

Quote from: rlh06 on April 01, 2014, 02:15:21 pm
There you go! I was just looking for a good image of it and this is a great one. I think the front facing Hog "texturing" will be consistent with this. 

It's used in the practice facility and on the BAC glass where they players come out.

twistitup

Ozark Cheesesteak / 21 oz beer - $12.99

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: razorback44 on April 01, 2014, 02:17:19 pm
It's used in the practice facility and on the BAC glass where they players come out.

Yep. That's the one I was looking for. I think the new logo will be consistent with this and I'm sure Nike then put their spin on it to a degree to fill it out.  Seems like the overall goal is consistency so it seems to me using what's in the stadium and in the practice facility would be a good base for a consistent, overall secondary logo.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on April 01, 2014, 02:19:38 pm
Ozark Cheesesteak / 21 oz beer - $12.99

Too cheap, it'll be at least $15.00.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2014, 02:22:58 pm
Too cheap, it'll be at least $15.00.

I'm ok w/ 15.00 - is that a Saddlebock, Shiner or Bud ?

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on April 01, 2014, 02:43:23 pm

Hog lite

JethroB.

Quote from: twistitup on April 01, 2014, 02:43:23 pm

PBR or old Milwaukee

(notOM)Rebel123

Did Spider-Man grow tusks?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

aar0n

Quote from: Arkiehawg (kingfish0318) on April 01, 2014, 01:43:35 pm

Yep, if you pause it at about 22-23 seconds you can see a "shadow" outline or watermark of what it's going to be like.  Definitely a forward facing logo in the same style as those posted of other teams above.

LJHOG

neahogfan180

I would be stoked if one of the uniform changes was that basketball would be a Nike Jordan Brand school.

Cotton

Quote from: neahogfan180 on April 02, 2014, 06:55:54 am
I would be stoked if one of the uniform changes was that basketball would be a Nike Jordan Brand school.
I would love this!!!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

JayBell

Quote from: HogFanDallas on March 31, 2014, 09:15:25 amI am guessing new uniforms.  CBB has all but said that we will return to a more traditional look this year.  WPS.

Bielema has definitely indicated that Arkansas will return to a more traditional look next season, but I think that type of official announcement will be made after spring football.  I don't think they are going to debut the new uniforms until Auburn.

JayBell

It seems like it is going to be a new logo, and if it is, I hope it is just a new secondary logo.  The changes at UConn and UGa were simply a rotation of the animal head.  With Arkansas, you're talking about one of the most unique and instantly recognizable logos, which is the entire body of the animal.  Switching from that to a front facing logo as the main logo would not be beneficial, IMO.

twistitup

Smoked Ribeye Hogie / 22 oz beer - 15.99

Optional sautéed mushroom / onion - 1.75 extra

Or

Chicken Parm sub w 22 oz beer - 13.99

PonderinHog

Quote from: twistitup on April 02, 2014, 10:15:49 am

Or

But wait, there's more!  this is big!

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on April 02, 2014, 10:15:49 am

Or

Going to have to get off those .99 prices, they have a hard enough time as it is with prices ending in .00 + .50 telling you what you owe.

hog911

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 29, 2014, 08:19:40 pm
Switching back to Coca-Cola?
Hopefully, I think we have been cursed by Pepsi!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: JayBell on April 02, 2014, 09:58:17 am
Bielema has definitely indicated that Arkansas will return to a more traditional look next season, but I think that type of official announcement will be made after spring football.  I don't think they are going to debut the new uniforms until Auburn.

FWIW, Mike Waddell tweeted some time ago that the new unis would be unveiled as part of "Spring Game Week". That was back in February I believe so who knows if something may have changed.

BPsTheMan

the official announcement is scheduled to held at the Blue Monkey Café

Henry Hogsome

The big announcement is we are switching to under armour in 2015. :P

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 29, 2014, 08:27:48 pm

They've already let it out they're serving drinks in the suites.  Could it be that it'll come down to the commoners in the bench seats?

Heck it's probably just the increase in their donation to the UA general fund.

Well, sort of.  It will be the same price as the mixed drinks, served in the suites.....

but the commoners will get  4oz. of beer,  served in a Pepsi cup......
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Whoopigsooie

I believe it will be an upgrade to 107,000 seats!!!

WPS!!!!!!!!!!1

Cotton

Quote from: Whoopigsooie on April 03, 2014, 01:55:12 am
I believe it will be an upgrade to 107,000 seats!!!

WPS!!!!!!!!!!1
Mr. Whoopigsooie, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Suidae Suis Scrofa

The_Iceman

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on April 03, 2014, 10:38:59 am
Somebody needs to go to one of the Fayetteville Wal-Marts to solve this riddle:

http://college-football.si.com/2014/04/03/florida-state-seminoles-new-logo-walmart/?eref=sihp

-phil

Let's hope we don't screw it up that bad. That logo is awful.

But you hear the FSU guy saying the same thing Mike Waddell is....the shades of red are all over the place.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RyeHogFan on March 31, 2014, 09:37:34 am
Bret is gonna retire the windbreaker for a sweater vest.

I hear Tressel has some used ones for sale...................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on April 01, 2014, 02:14:53 pm
Better food options at games - the ozark cheesesteak will be rolled out stadium wide

Is that made of a certain Herb that is legal in CO?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Iceman

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 03, 2014, 01:16:23 pm
NEW VIDEO:

Yep, pretty much cements the notion that it is uniform/brand related over all sports.