Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

YOUR FAV Razorback's nickname

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, March 27, 2014, 10:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

goodguytex

RazorMack

porkrindjimmy

Vinny "the blade"......oh wait...

PRJ

Danny J

pigbacon

SPAL

May-Day

Smokin' Joe from Slater, MO (for Joe Kline, not used much but it is the one he chose as a winner of a contest of fans sending in letters to suggest a nickname for him)
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

redeye

The Big O

Bambi was before my time, but I still love it.  There was a stacked lineman who played for Holtz with a neat nickname, but I can't even remember his real name right now.

Quote from: redeye on March 28, 2014, 02:20:42 am
The Big O

Bambi was before my time, but I still love it.  There was a stacked lineman who played for Holtz with a neat nickname, but I can't even remember his real name right now.

I loved watching 1000's of Hog fans doing that "Big O"....

Torqued pork

Big O had serious skills and an even more serious appetite that cost him.

Quote from: Torqued pork on March 28, 2014, 03:32:39 am
Big O had serious skills and an even more serious appetite that cost him.

Yeah - a lot of it was/is a thyroid problem.  But that wingspan and soft hands made him an amazing player.  He had some great post up moves and was unstoppable if he got the ball down low far enough.

LutherLindsey

USS Korte.

I know I am dating myself this guy Steve Korte.  He played guard.  This guy was HUGE and strong beyond belief.

shoatleg 51

Syd "The Squid" !!  :D Sydney Moncrief ! One of the best to ever suit up.   :razorback:

LJHOG

Quote from: shoatleg 51 on March 28, 2014, 04:38:07 am
Syd "The Squid" !!  :D Sydney Moncrief ! One of the best to ever suit up.   :razorback:

One of the best NBA players, also.  That Brewer's team was awesome.

Hawk

"Dirt" Winston and Dan "Manimal" Hampton.

Hogusta National

Way before my time, but surprised nobody has mentioned...

Wayne "Thumper" Harris!

trashcan maN

SONofHAM

E. D. (Extremely Dangerous) Jackson
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LutherLindsey on March 28, 2014, 03:58:15 am
USS Korte.

I know I am dating myself this guy Steve Korte.  He played guard.  This guy was HUGE and strong beyond belief.

Not dating yourself as much as the one that said Smackover!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boston RedHogs

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Smokehouse

QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Calling All Hogs

Don't forget Dwight "Big Dog" Stewart!

mevskithog

Dr. Starcs

E.D probably wouldn't want those initials these days.

WizardofhOgZ

"The Quarterbackin' Man" and "Light Horse Harry"

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

bennyl08

During my time, you have Felix the cat Jones, Ray false start Dominguez, and Brandon glasses Burlsworth.

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

tennesseehogwild

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on March 28, 2014, 06:50:56 pm
Ron "Boothead" Brewer!

Good one! I forgot about that one. Met him at the Sugar Bowl in NO. Nice guy. I believe he works for the UA.

jseinfeld50

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on March 28, 2014, 12:00:50 pm
Doughnut

I'm guessing this is Richard Richardson who started as freshman in 1979.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on March 28, 2014, 07:33:23 pm
I'm guessing this is Richard Richardson who started as freshman in 1979.

Bingo,#67.

Airforcehawg

Didn't they call Sam Oljibutu (sp/not googling) "The little ball of hate"...game, set, match!

LJHOG

Quote from: Airforcehawg on March 29, 2014, 12:40:30 am
Didn't they call Sam Oljibutu (sp/not googling) "The little ball of hate"...game, set, match!

Yep, and his sidekick "Code Red"

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Notshavin on March 28, 2014, 07:44:17 pm
One of my FAV Hogs...
Me too. They use to have a club in the 90's in Little Rock called the Midnight Rodeo. About a week after the Hogs won the NC in 1994, they came down to Little Rock to meet with the Governor and have a parade. That night they were taken to the Midnight Rodeo unannounced. I met Big Dog and bought him a beer . He was really nice.

Quote from: CallMeHog on March 29, 2014, 12:55:04 am
Me too. They use to have a club in the 90's in Little Rock called the Midnight Rodeo. About a week after the Hogs won the NC in 1994, they came down to Little Rock to meet with the Governor and have a parade. That night they were taken to the Midnight Rodeo unannounced. I met Big Dog and bought him a beer . He was really nice.

Wow, cool.  He was so clutch - whenever we needed a 3, or a rebound or a big play on defense he seemed to make it.  Very underrated, didn't get the praise some of the others got, but no way we win that NC without Dwight.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

old hog

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hawk on March 28, 2014, 07:13:29 am
"Dirt" Winston and Dan "Manimal" Hampton.

FIFY.... Nickname was the "Danimal".... (I was at the UofA when he played)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Choctaw Hog