Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hats off to this year's bb team

Started by opineonswine, March 27, 2014, 09:29:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

opineonswine

Madden...playing PG when that's not his natural position.  Did a great job.  SO much improvement.  Thanks Rashad.

Bobby Portis....a FRESHMAN...tried so hard to put the team on his back.  Did great job.  Will be better next year.

Moses Kingsley...quickly becoming my favorite player.  VAST potential.  Will be better next year.  Can't wait.

Anthon Bell.  Sometimes my favorite player.  Not sure what he needs.  Confidence?  He has an amazing ability to get on a run.  Then sometimes hits a wall.  Hoping he can figure it out because he is a weapon.

Michael Qualls...my gawd I hope he is still on the team.  SO MUCH POTENTIAL.  Love the guy.  But if he leaves...we move on.

Seniors...thank you..thank you.  You gave it your all.  We will miss Clarke, Kiko, Wade, Fred...all great contributors.  Hard workers.  Thank you.

Incoming guys.  WE NEED YOU.  We need to win. 

Go Hogs!!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: opineonswine on March 27, 2014, 09:29:26 pm
Madden...playing PG when that's not his natural position.  Did a great job.  SO much improvement.  Thanks Rashad.

Bobby Portis....a FRESHMAN...tried so hard to put the team on his back.  Did great job.  Will be better next year.

Moses Kingsley...quickly becoming my favorite player.  VAST potential.  Will be better next year.  Can't wait.

Anthon Bell.  Sometimes my favorite player.  Not sure what he needs.  Confidence?  He has an amazing ability to get on a run.  Then sometimes hits a wall.  Hoping he can figure it out because he is a weapon.

Michael Qualls...my gawd I hope he is still on the team.  SO MUCH POTENTIAL.  Love the guy.  But if he leaves...we move on.

Seniors...thank you..thank you.  You gave it your all.  We will miss Clarke, Kiko, Wade, Fred...all great contributors.  Hard workers.  Thank you.

Go Hogs!!

We missed the tournament. This year was not a success.

hogfan10

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 27, 2014, 09:43:03 pm

In terms of wins and losses, I agree this year was not a success. But, in terms of player development, I do think it was a success. Madden, Portis, Kingsley, all improved on prior years (KM) or early season performances (BP,MK). Harris and Qualls, if they can be reined in a little, also look as though they could be solid contributors next year. And finally, with one more year under his belt maybe Bell will become that consistent outside shooter we so desperately need.

If the newcomers are as good as people think, and they gel with the current players, it appears our only choice is improvement on past years.

AWHAWG

yes it was we are out of the toilet

forrest city joe

Yes it was. we got better this year and made the post season. i keep telling you that you don't set the standards. i loved the improvement this year. the program get's better every year. it's in great hands with Mike Anderson as coach. so stop it. go kick rocks.

popcornhog

If the goal was to improve, it was a success.

If the goal was to make the tourney, it was not.

Both of the above were goals, so it was a partial success.
WPS

bigredone

Quote from: popcornhog on March 27, 2014, 11:32:06 pm

It comes down to is the glass half full, or half empty. I choose to see it as half full. Did I get all I wanted? No, but I got enough to want more. I can't wait for next basketball season.

Tick Hog

Quote from: popcornhog on March 27, 2014, 11:32:06 pm

I will go with this

Lanny

This team will be a contender in the SEC next year
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Temprees

Another unresponsive "Debbie Downer" post.  The OP didn't start a post about whether or not the basketball team had a successful season or not.  He merely stated that he felt that props were due to the team for the specific reasons that he listed.  If you want to start an "Unsuccessful Season" topic, you should do it, rather try to rain on any post that finds a positive about Razorback basketball.  Your comment completely derailed the OP's topic. 

The_Iceman

ifghog

Quote from: Lanny on March 28, 2014, 07:35:16 am
I fully agree Lanny!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Lanny on March 28, 2014, 07:35:16 am

I posted a breakdown of next years top SEC teams in this thread. I think we have the potential to sneak into the Top 1-3, or we could be in the 4-6 range again. If we take care of business at home and win 3-4 on the road, we should be near the top.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=565225.msg8908168#msg8908168

lwillin

Quote from: opineonswine on March 27, 2014, 09:29:26 pm

Go Hogs!!
I agree with all of this.

rude1

Season was about what I thought it would be. What makes it not a sucess for me is that they had the chance to do more than what was expected and with teams with losing records standing in their way they folded. They ended the season the way they started it, a team that couldn't win a game away from home.

popcornhog

Quote from: Temprees on March 28, 2014, 08:06:18 am
Another unresponsive "Debbie Downer" post.  The OP didn't start a post about whether or not the basketball team had a successful season or not.  He merely stated that he felt that props were due to the team for the specific reasons that he listed.  If you want to start an "Unsuccessful Season" topic, you should do it, rather try to rain on any post that finds a positive about Razorback basketball.  Your comment completely derailed the OP's topic.

I was thinking the same thing.

That post was kind if like posting in a thread about the new Toyota 4runner and arguing that rotten oranges taste bad. Regardless of whether it's true, it has nothing to do with the topic.
WPS

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hogfan10 on March 27, 2014, 09:54:33 pm
In terms of wins and losses, I agree this year was not a success. But, in terms of player development, I do think it was a success. Madden, Portis, Kingsley, all improved on prior years (KM) or early season performances (BP,MK). Harris and Qualls, if they can be reined in a little, also look as though they could be solid contributors next year. And finally, with one more year under his belt maybe Bell will become that consistent outside shooter we so desperately need.

If the newcomers are as good as people think, and they gel with the current players, it appears our only choice is improvement on past years.

I agree with this...I think the practice facility will help to increase their to work on and improve their skills level. When its complete. Just like weight room does for football...not to mention the recruiting affect.

And props also to the OP for his post.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

sunalmighty79

There was a logjam at the guard position, I'm glad we have cleared the shelf and are bringing in more talented guards. New blood.

Wild Bill Hog

We had some highs, and we had some lows.  In total, we had an average year for a team in a major NCAA conference.  We beat KY twice, but we lost to Mizzou twice and totally crashed a few times (TAMU, Bama, USCE).  Not real good, but not real poor.

Hawgzinbowlz

We are making positive progress.

Hats off to the team.

" GO HOGS "

HF#1

I'll never understand this rationale.  We are rebuilding from the ground up.  We just finished up the 3rd floor of a 50 story highrise.  It's all about progress.  This year was part of the progression and thus a success.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TheRazorbackGuy

We choked away the NCAAT and didn't show up against Cal. This season was a failure

[attachment deleted by admin]

HF#1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 30, 2014, 02:03:36 pm
We choked away the NCAAT and didn't show up against Cal. This season was a failure

You must have had a bad year personally.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

secfan30

Quote from: HogFan#1 on March 30, 2014, 02:04:26 pm
You must have had a bad year personally.

Sadly, some people are so entrenched in seeing the negative side of things that they leave zero room for anything positive to grow. He likely has a sad existence overall. On message boards a persons true personality shows through because you can hide behind a computer screen.

I'd venture to say Freud would theorize negativity comes from having a small member or issues with sexuality.

hawgfan4life

Not meaning to bash Madden but we will improve significantly if we can get the ball and decision making out of his hands when the game is on the line.  He plays with heart and desire but he doesn't have the natural instinct to drive and dish or pull-up for a quick shot when it is a must-have situation.  He presses too hard and turns it over or settles for a bad shot too much in those situations.  He should thrive with being able to play the off-guard position and then react instinctively to what happens with someone else doing the dirty work with the ball.  We need a couple of tough guards with the ball that can force the defense to react to his drive and then can dish to the open player in the most worst way possible