Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's Your Second Favorite College Team?

Started by Squealers, March 26, 2014, 09:58:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King TUSKankahamun

I always pull for the SEC except LSU and Auburn but candy appears to be my next

The Texas and Nebraska. My closest friends are Texas and Nebraska fans so we watch games and pull for each other's team
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Chief Mac

FSU by marriage but I have to admit I have liked them as a second team since Charlie Ward was their QB
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Tequilin' Time

I'm gonna get hate mail for this but:
For reasons of family and because I love their mascot  -  UGA

had 5 bulldogs in my life, my first male was solid white, 75 lbs of awesome and was mistaken for UGA many times throughout the south.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on March 26, 2014, 10:48:18 pm
There's quite a few posters, especially in Jump Ball, that hate Memphis or "Tiger High" as they like to call it which is why I'm expecting some blow back for being a Memphis fan.

It's all good though I don't crease easily.

You don't have to worry about any blowback because nobody else cares about memphis football.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

EastexHawg

Nebraska.  I've just always liked them.  I always pulled from Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne to beat Oklahoma.  I'm taking a bit of a hiatus while the lunatic is coaching there.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

carolinahogger

2. Duke
3. UNC
4. East Carolina
5. Wake Forest

LZH

Quote from: Squealers on March 26, 2014, 10:37:43 pm
Its not shameful to have a second favorite team people.  No one is questioning your loyalty to the Hogs. 

Just like ice cream flavors...if your fav is chocolate, and second is vanilla, no one chides you for eating vanilla.

What if we're talking about girlfriends? 

goodguytex

My second favorite is Ouachita Baptist. That's where I went to college. Third is Duke. In football only, not basketball. I like what coach Cutcliffe has done there. I also like Baylors football program. Now if it's basketball, Oklahoma State is my second favorite.

Speedracer

Florida tied with any teams that beat Texas and ND
Like smites bother me.

hoghearted

arkansas state. Don't really follow them but I am always glad to hear when they win.

Guess I'm not really passionate about any team but the Hogs.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

havok

Depends on who is wearing White and who is wearing Red during the Red/White game...  :-)

WilsonHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2014, 08:45:55 am
You don't have to worry about any blowback because nobody else cares about memphis football.

Including Memphis.

kingofdequeen

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 26, 2014, 10:15:10 pm
Auburn followed closely by tOSU then OU then USCw then Texas in that order.

Ok, now you're just making shizz up...
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2014, 08:45:55 am

I was referring mainly to BB since yes Memphis football has been irrelevant for well......forever.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hoosier

I don't have a 2nd favorite team in football but there are a few programs I've always liked- Mich, UCLA, ND and Neb. Mainly just a football fan

Basketball it's IU. Will root for IU against anybody except the Hogs. These last several years with the Razorbacks and Hoosiers(except for a couple) stinking in basketball has made me almost give up watching.
Hopefully this year was a big step in the right direction for Anderson and the Hogs

Johnny Razorback

My second favorite team is any team that is playing a team that Clay Travis roots for. 
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

jusgtohogs

My favorite team is The Arkansas Razorbacks, #2--whoever is playing Texas, and then I make a point of checking the score of UA-M, since that's where I went to college.

bphi11ips

Unless it's for an SEC NC, whoever is playing Auburn.

Truthfully, though, I like to see Arkansas State do well.  It's an Arkansas thang.  I remember watching the 1970 Pecan Bowl.  That bunch of Indians played some serious defense. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

oldhawg

Closely following the Razorbacks:

1. USNA ( my sons alma mater)
1. TCU (my daughters alma mater)
3. USMA (my background)
3. AFA (service academy)

and then SEC football in general.

Pig In The City

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

sportster365

Aside from conference loyalty, my second favorite team generally changes at random, due to players, coaches, schemes etc....for now it's Louisville. I'd like to see Coach Petrino back in the conversation for natl. titles. His style of play is fascinating and I love watching it. One of the few coaches whose playcalling I actually understand at least 90% of the time.

LZH

Quote from: sportster365 on March 27, 2014, 10:35:40 am
Aside from conference loyalty, my second favorite team generally changes at random, due to players, coaches, schemes etc....for now it's Louisville. I'd like to see Coach Petrino back in the conversation for natl. titles. His style of play is fascinating and I love watching it. One of the few coaches whose playcalling I actually understand at least 90% of the time.

What a surprise.

acey33

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

popcornhog

Quote from: Squealers on March 26, 2014, 09:58:40 pm
Mine is Missouri Southern.  That's where I received my undergraduate degree.  Then Troy comes in third, that's where I received my graduate degree.

Funny how I didn't attend Arkansas (I do have a U of A Walton School of Retailing Diploma in Senior Leadership from the U of A)  but they are my number one college team.

Who is your second?

Only Arkansas as a school or team for me.

That said, I often like a coach or player(s) and end up liking a team on a limited basis in that regard.

For example -- I enjoyed watching Clemson last year; Utah under Urban Meyer; Duke under Cutcliffe; Vandy under Franklin; Houston under Sumlin; Wisconsin under Belema; and WVU under Rich Rod. I'm not especially a fan of any of those schools though.
WPS

Hogfaniam

Whoever is beating the teams ahead of us in conference; or on the rare occasion we are leading, those that threaten that lead.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

SpaCityHawg

plumbhog

bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Justifiable Hogicide

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on March 27, 2014, 08:54:03 am
FSU and BYU are neck and neck.

You aren't allowed to neck at BYU.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

chitwnhog

LSU. My Mother grew up in Jackson MS that side of my family are LSU fans and they hate Ole Miss. Wasn't a big deal until '92. The Hogs will always be #1

HappyFan

Henderson State University.  I am an alum there as well as UAMS.

Go Hogs, Go Reddies.

HogNdazs

I root for any SEC team when they are playing a different conference. But one team I root for is Oregon.  Not really a good reason just always liked them.

mevskithog

LZH

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 27, 2014, 04:13:30 pm
So you can - if you're married. 
And remember, no limit on the number of wives!

What a place!

:)

I guess that's their way of making up for it.

rickm1976

OU followed by A&M.  Half my family are Okies, including my mother, and I remember every Thanksgiving the whole family watching OU and Nebraska on TV, and hating on Nebraska.  I lived in San Antonio for 18 years, and have two close friends who are Aggies, and took me to some games in College Station.  If all Aggies are like my two friends, then they are good people.

PS - I have cousins in Lake Charles who are LSU grads, but I do have SOME standards.  Nothing could ever make me like the Corndogs.

yraciv

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 27, 2014, 04:13:30 pm
So you can - if you're married. 
And remember, no limit on the number of wives!

What a place!

And they get Sunday's off so they can rest and watch NFL Redzone! At least thats how I understand it.

Danny J

Huckleberry Pig

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

stan the man

Born in Tennessee 21 yrs., 12 years in Michigan and 40 yrs
In Arkansas. Arkansas first and either Michigan
and Tennessee next.

hogwild6700

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Professor Psychosis

I don't have a set-in-stone second team, but I have always watched college football at-large in addition to Arkansas.  Every year I find teams and coaches and situations to root for, but the only team I follow is Arkansas.  I always liked Florida State as a second team during the 90s when Arkansas was down, but I couldn't tell you 3 players on their team last year, whereas I could tell you most of the 2-deep from a 3-9 Arkansas team.

HogWildBison2011

I don't really have a 2nd favorite.. But I am curious to see how FAU will do since CP is now the head coach. I will be keeping an eye on them.

pigskenG

hard to narrow it down, but I would have to say my next nine favorite would be any team that is playing against Texas, Texas A&M, So Cal, ND, Ohio St, Mich, FSU, OU & Ok St.