Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's Your Second Favorite College Team?

Started by Squealers, March 26, 2014, 09:58:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squealers

Mine is Missouri Southern.  That's where I received my undergraduate degree.  Then Troy comes in third, that's where I received my graduate degree.

Funny how I didn't attend Arkansas (I do have a U of A Walton School of Retailing Diploma in Senior Leadership from the U of A)  but they are my number one college team.

Who is your second?
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

ldfergu

Jokingly at the beginning of the season last year I said I would pull for Florida St.  Couldn't make myself get excited for another team though, it's just not the same.

100% Hog

thebignasty

ZERO

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on March 26, 2014, 10:03:16 pm
Jokingly at the beginning of the season last year I said I would pull for Florida St.  Couldn't make myself get excited for another team though, it's just not the same.

100% Hog

This always happens to me. I really want to like Clemson as my #2, but I can't seem to get excited for their games. I also like Georgia Tech a bit.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

hogfanmd

It's a deep dark secret I seldom admit in public but it's
Alabama.   Always pulled for them when we were in swc
Still like them except if they play the hogs or them losing helps the hogs

jsbrown3

Im a huge Oregon Ducks fan. They are my second favorite team, but are pretty close to being tied with the hogs
I was in Thailand. Playing ping pong in DingDang, in some opiumden...

sowmonella

Quote from: jsbrown3 on March 26, 2014, 10:12:25 pm
Im a huge Oregon Ducks fan. They are my second favorite team, but are pretty close to being tied with the hogs

Lifetime ban please!!
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Danny J

Auburn followed closely by tOSU then OU then USCw then Texas in that order.

jsbrown3

Quote from: sowmonella on March 26, 2014, 10:13:42 pm
Lifetime ban please!!

I get the ban quote over other posts of people saying other southern teams or SEC schools...makes sense haha

RNHog

Tied for second.

The Gators.
The U.

If we get rid of another coach out of impatience, I will make the full transition.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

In no particular order mine is,

1. Arkansas
2. Razorbacks
3. Hogs
4. Hawgs
5. Lady Backs.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

reddogjcss

Alabama love the history and the toughness of today! Can't wait till razorbacks beat snot of them.

WilsonHog

If pressed, I guess maybe Notre Dame.

I pay much more attention to certain games than another team. Can't miss games....the Iron Bowl, Ohio St./Michigan, Texas/OU, the Egg Bowl, Bedlam.

Hogsmo Kramer

I'll probably get cussed for this but mine is Memphis.

I got my undergrad degree from there and lived there most of my life til recently so I feel a sense of loyalty to them since I'm an alum and all.

That said though I was born in Little Rock and raised a hog fan since I could walk so there's no identity crisis I'm all hog and would pull for Arkansas over Memphis every time.

Also I really seldom pay attention to Memphis sports accept on occasion but I don't miss a hog game if I can help it whether on TV or actually attending so its really no comparison.

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

CDBHawg

secfan30

I really only pull for the Hogs rabidly, although I do keep up with all Arkansas schools and have even been to quite a few UCA football and Basketball games the last handful of years.

LZH

Squealers

Its not shameful to have a second favorite team people.  No one is questioning your loyalty to the Hogs. 

Just like ice cream flavors...if your fav is chocolate, and second is vanilla, no one chides you for eating vanilla.

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

jsbrown3

Quote from: Squealers on March 26, 2014, 10:37:43 pm
Its not shameful to have a second favorite team people.  No one is questioning your loyalty to the Hogs. 

Just like ice cream flavors...if your fav is chocolate, and second is vanilla, no one chides you for eating vanilla.

Completely Agree with you.But there are some extreme die hards on this forum that will take big time offense for even speaking of a different team besides the Hogs. Especially if its Astate Mizzou (now since they joined SEC) and Texas

Hogsmo Kramer

There's quite a few posters, especially in Jump Ball, that hate Memphis or "Tiger High" as they like to call it which is why I'm expecting some blow back for being a Memphis fan.

It's all good though I don't crease easily.

Danny J

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 26, 2014, 10:15:10 pm
What is wrong with you?

Danny J

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 26, 2014, 10:49:05 pm
What is wrong with you?
IDK....some people say that I may have split personality disorder but I think they are wrong.

ldfergu

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 26, 2014, 10:15:10 pm

???   :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

One puke for each team

jsbrown3

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on March 26, 2014, 10:48:18 pm
There's quite a few posters, especially in Jump Ball, that hate Memphis or "Tiger High" as they like to call it which is why I'm expecting some blow back for being a Memphis fan.

I'm a huge Oregon fan and got told I should have a life time ban haha. I should see what kind of reaction I could get for mentioning that in Jump Ball, with Altman being the Ducks coach

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 26, 2014, 10:49:35 pm
IDK....some people say that I may have split personality disorder but I think they are wrong.

You should be an LSU fan, then you could eat the grass with Les............or SMOKE IT!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: jsbrown3 on March 26, 2014, 10:52:35 pm
I'm a huge Oregon fan and got told I should have a life time ban haha. I should see what kind of reaction I could get for mentioning that in Jump Ball, with Altman being the Ducks coach

It won't be pretty man it won't be pretty.  :)

Danny J

ldfergu

Yeah I know. I've tried, sorta, just doesn't work.

yraciv

March 26, 2014, 11:00:48 pm #28 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:23:37 pm by yraciv
Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on March 26, 2014, 10:48:18 pm

You got your degree from there. Who can blame you? There are a lot of Northeastern Arkansas Hog diehards who eat, breathe, & sleep Hogs, but come March Memphis is left and we're nowhere to be seen, so alas you root for Memphis.  I get it, and I'm sure a lot of us in here who have another team we cheer for feel the same.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: yraciv on March 26, 2014, 11:00:48 pm
You got your degree from there. Who can blame you? There are a lot of Northeastern Hog diehards who eat, breathe, & sleep Hogs, but come March Memphis is left and we're nowhere to be seen, so alas you root for Memphis.  I get it, and I'm sure a lot of us in here who have another team we cheer for feel the same.

A reasonable Hogville poster.

They do exist... ;)

yraciv

Michigan is my 2nd favorite school. Fab 5 days and Lloyd Carr, so I've always cheered for them. I also will root for Duke in basketball. Two schools that we hardly if ever play and have no bearing on who we recruit.  For anyone, who questions whether I'm all Hog just check my schedule. I don't plan my life around those school's sports. I haven't missed a Football or Basketball broadcast for the Hogs all season, and the RSN games I was busy reading the PBP.

bennyl08

Quote from: jsbrown3 on March 26, 2014, 10:12:25 pm

BOOO. While my name is on the sidewalk at UA, I am now enrolled at Oregon State. Beavers>ducks.

That said, I really wish we could swap colors. I grew up hating orange, i.e. Texas and Tennessee. Plus, green is my favorite color, plus OSU could mean one of several schools not to mention that there is another black and orange school with OSU as their initials. Still, OSU is a better school than Oregon. More money and more students (All of Eugene's money goes to their football team. OSU dominates them in terms of research grants and the such).
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

yraciv

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 26, 2014, 11:20:55 pm
BOOO. While my name is on the sidewalk at UA, I am now enrolled at Oregon State. Beavers>ducks.

That said, I really wish we could swap colors. I grew up hating orange, i.e. Texas and Tennessee. Plus, green is my favorite color, plus OSU could mean one of several schools not to mention that there is another black and orange school with OSU as their initials. Still, OSU is a better school than Oregon. More money and more students (All of Eugene's money goes to their football team. OSU dominates them in terms of research grants and the such).

Come on! You know it's really all about the Nike swag! I can dig it.

hogs25

Bama because of the pope of the SEC Bear Bryant. 

MrThunderhog

the U
BAMA
Oklahoma

all for different reasons
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I went to Wisconsin and Iowa for grad school.  And I really tried, but I really don't give 2 craps about either team. 

I pretty much hate everyone but the Hogs.  Especially other SEC teams.  Especially Auburn.

WPS.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Moose

I grew up in Arkansas, therefore I'm a Razorbacks fan. I went to school at a school in Texas, but I'm still a DIE HARD  hog fan. From my experience, no other school has the draw that the Hogs have. (I root for another team in baseball, I'm sure y'all can guess what school I went to.) :razorback:

BENTON PIGGEE

Whoever's playing LSU, of course!

Can't believe it hasn't been stated already.

bennyl08

Quote from: yraciv on March 26, 2014, 11:25:05 pm
Come on! You know it's really all about the Nike swag! I can dig it.

Phil gave us new logos and uniforms too. Granted, the older beaver was better, IMO.

Vs

The top one has its hair standing up and is angry. The bottom looks wet and less aggressive.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

redeye

I've tried rooting for other teams, but never successfully.  I get a little excited about other Arkansas teams, but just a little.  I guess I grew up in a time when rooting for a state school meant you were rooting for your state, but it's not like that nowadays.

Having said that, I've always liked Washington.  I used to like Oregon before they were any good, but I can't stand them today.  I mostly hate other SEC teams, but have always liked Georgia, although it has nothing to do with Richt.

redeye

Quote from: yraciv on March 26, 2014, 11:06:59 pm
Michigan is my 2nd favorite school. Fab 5 days and Lloyd Carr, so I've always cheered for them. I also will root for Duke in basketball. Two schools that we hardly if ever play and have no bearing on who we recruit.  For anyone, who questions whether I'm all Hog just check my schedule. I don't plan my life around those school's sports. I haven't missed a Football or Basketball broadcast for the Hogs all season, and the RSN games I was busy reading the PBP.

I cringe every time I hear someone say the Fab 5 started the trend of wearing knee length shorts, when other teams were doing long before they were.  I actually like Michigan, but the Fab 5 is a sour point for me.

Torqued pork

Don't care about any other college team. When the Hogs lose my Saturday is blown.

RoaminHawg

PennHOG

Louisiana Tech is my alma mater and I have always liked Texas A&M.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Calling All Hogs

Auburn losing is my second favorite team.

rhames

If you have a 2nd favorite team and it is another sec team you should probably re think your life

I admire Alabama but I don't cheer for them or like them.

And the dude who likes the gators.......WTH
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

mevskithog

La Tech cause I went there, and for some reason Ive always kind of liked Michigan State..
I really have no idea why....

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RNHog on March 26, 2014, 10:18:27 pm
Tied for second.

The Gators.
The U.

If we get rid of another coach out of impatience, I will make the full transition.

Bu bye..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cassperr

Florida State. It was the first college I ever stepped foot on and ive always liked them.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.