Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Willie Atwood visiting Iowa (new article)

Started by Hoggy Bear, March 25, 2014, 07:37:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

three hog night

After the way Dickerson flipped, I have no expectation of Atwood even visiting Arkansas.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

PygmalionEffect

Nice article.

Not sure how you can recruit against a basketball powerhouse like Iowa State.  Basically they get their's and then everyone else gets what's left over.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Danny J

Quote from: three hog night on March 25, 2014, 08:25:40 pm
After the way Dickerson flipped, I have no expectation of Atwood even visiting Arkansas.

HouseOfHam

I don't understand why any kid would want to go to Iowa.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on March 25, 2014, 10:22:20 pm
Nice article.

Not sure how you can recruit against a basketball powerhouse like Iowa State.  Basically they get their's and then everyone else gets what's left over.

He is at Iowa not Iowa State

Not that makes a difference to your point.

three hog night

None of it makes any sense.   Dickerson talked a big game about Arkansas to a point it looked like he would commit.  He actually promoted the package deal with Atwood to a point that concerned me, but I was willing to take it if we could get LOL.   Instead he went to Iowa and committed on his visit without going to other schools.  Now he is working on Atwood and so is the Iowa guy that convinced Dickerson to commit on the spot.

We need to look real close at this...people have their hands out
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

The Hogfather

Sounds like Dickerson got brainwashed on his visit there.  He's positive Atwood will commit after they tell him how much they want him/need him.  Wonder what Dickerson thinks happens on other visits?

-Blu

That Dickerson commit at Iowa was probably the most shocking commitment I've seen in my few years of following recruiting.  I mean he was speaking so highly of coach Anderson and was saying how he was looking forward to him coming to New York to meet with him and his parents and said he's definitely visiting Arkansas, and he was even on a radio show saying how he really wants to come visit and him and Willie are visiting together, and saying he wasn't sure who else he would visit.  I know you cater to the home crowd, but he was was cooking us a full course meal and serving it to us.

Either he really played the Arkansas media more than anyone else has ever before or Iowa really really impressed him.  But, what I think really happened is this is a kid that his best offer coming out of high school was Auburn I think we showed interest near the end, but that was about it.  I think he went to Iowa and treated him like a king, I mean you look at twitter, they had kids making signs for him, you got fans sending him daily messages, you got people making photo shop pictures for him being in an Iowa jersey.  I just think he wasn't use to something like that, and it just overwhelmed him, and he just committed, because he's never experienced anything like that before and figured it couldn't get any better.  That's why sometimes getting that first visit is important, because you can catch these kids like that and get a commitment right away.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on March 26, 2014, 08:30:31 am
That Dickerson commit at Iowa was probably the most shocking commitment I've seen in my few years of following recruiting....I know you cater to the home crowd, but he was was cooking us a full course meal and serving it to us.

If you've been following for a few years now, you'd know that many spring JUCO signees get hit hard and heavy in February/early March by programs looking to fill roster spots. Until a kid starts taking his official visits, it's all just a bunch of talk on their part. Blindly following 247's crystal ball projections and buying into comments from local radio show interviews rarely mean anything of substance.

Even in mid-February, Dickerson told Brad Winton that he definitely intended to visit (just) Iowa and Nebraska, and maybe reschedule his UAB visit that was canceled due to weather. There wasn't anything that shocking about him choosing Iowa.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12