Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D'Angelo Allen, Keondre Dew....

Started by ballinhog, March 25, 2014, 07:35:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinhog

Anyone know where we stand with either of these 2 or if there is still mural interest? Looks less and less likely that we get Atwood and I think we still need another rebounder next year, or someone that can score around the basket.

I wonder if we have any interest in Cinmeon Bowers? He's not very tall at 6-7 but if his listed 261 lbs is accurate then he could be the big body we need down low. I'm hopeful that we add somebody in this late period that can get some rebounds, and/or points in the paint when our shooting goes as cold as it did last night.

There's still a few juco post players that are undecided so there's some options out there

-Blu

I haven't heard of anybody else.  The only thing that seems to be going on with recruiting right now, is maybe the possibility of Dusty Hannah's transferring here from Texas Tech, but nothing concrete on that.

As far as adding another post player.... Assuming we bring back all our underclassmen, we should be good on forwards.  We got Keaton Miles, JaCorey Williams, Moses Kingsley, Bobby Portis, Alandise Harris, and Trey Thompson.  That's 6 forwards right there.  Now, if some of these rumors about Williams or Qualls maybe transferring out is true, then I think we possibly look to get one more combo forward, but other than that we're fine.

ballinhog

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 10:52:40 pm
I haven't heard of anybody else.  The only thing that seems to be going on with recruiting right now, is maybe the possibility of Dusty Hannah's transferring here from Texas Tech, but nothing concrete on that.

As far as adding another post player.... Assuming we bring back all our underclassmen, we should be good on forwards.  We got Keaton Miles, JaCorey Williams, Moses Kingsley, Bobby Portis, Alandise Harris, and Trey Thompson.  That's 6 forwards right there.  Now, if some of these rumors about Williams or Qualls maybe transferring out is true, then I think we possibly look to get one more combo forward, but other than that we're fine.

Yea I agree that we are fine at the forward spots. If we are gonna take 1 more in April I personally hope for another shooter. I just bring these guys names up because of the fact we are trying to sign Atwood, so I just assume that the coaches still want 1 more inside guy

-Blu

Quote from: ballinhog on March 25, 2014, 11:10:36 pm

Yea I agree that we are fine at the forward spots. If we are gonna take 1 more in April I personally hope for another shooter. I just bring these guys names up because of the fact we are trying to sign Atwood, so I just assume that the coaches still want 1 more inside guy

I think Atwood was more of a kid they watched for a while and because he had Arkansas ties, and done so well, you have to take a shot at him, and make room for him if you can.   

ballinhog

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 11:16:06 pm
I think Atwood was more of a kid they watched for a while and because he had Arkansas ties, and done so well, you have to take a shot at him, and make room for him if you can.   

Yes that is very possible. Wish we could get him but it's not looking very good. I just hope if we do use the scholarship, its someone that can help us win right away.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ballinhog on March 25, 2014, 11:58:21 pm
Yes that is very possible. Wish we could get him but it's not looking very good. I just hope if we do use the scholarship, its someone that can help us win right away.

Nah, we should just get another Wagner type and let them sit on the bench for  a couple of years before they start seeing 5 mins a game.

CDBHawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 26, 2014, 07:49:12 am
Nah, we should just get another Wagner type and let them sit on the bench for  a couple of years before they start seeing 5 mins a game.

Somebody has to fill that role. Only 200 minutes to give out each game.

If it's not Wagner, I promise it'll be somebody else.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 26, 2014, 07:49:12 am

He also happens to be an excellent student with very good grades.

-Blu

Anybody any find any answers to the OP, I'm curious on what happened with Keondre Dew myself, he looks tailor made to play in our system.  6'8 200, can handle the ball, runs well in transition, attacks the basket.  I wouldn't mind getting him, I don't care how many stars he has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6kw6eJeNE