Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For all those who don't want Anderson who do you want? I'm for Anderson

Started by FelixJonesorDMAC?, March 25, 2014, 05:52:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AWHAWG

Quote from: snortman on March 26, 2014, 09:22:10 am
Yeah, I love MA, Love watching uncontested 3's against us, easy layups for the other teams, stupid fouls 30 ft from the bucket, poor shot selections. awesome to watch. I guess when he gets all those 40th ranked classes in we will be back. Can't wait.
Ask Kentucky how it felt. We owned them

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: AWHAWG on March 27, 2014, 10:26:51 pm
Ask Kentucky how it felt. We owned them

They are a little busy right now to worry about a couple of regular season overtime losses. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bigredone

Quote from: hogfan10 on March 27, 2014, 08:44:53 pm

As far as NR, FB, & JW are concerned. I'm not sure how NR endured racism at the UofA. He was never denied a promotion/raise at any time he was here. By definition, racism is the act of preventing another the opportunity based on race, or in other words holding them back. The judge didn't rule on racism, the judge stated in his ruling that he believed NR believed he was the victim of racism. What affected NR's recruiting was NR. He didn't want to be bothered with super star recruits and their handlers (can't say that I blame him), so he started beating the bushes looking for diamonds in the ruff. The last two years NR was here his one and only boss was JW, at NR's request. FB had nothing to do with men's basketball.

FB & JW were not dismissed (or retire) because of the NR dismissal. They were both actively carrying out their respective duties as university employees well into JP's Arkansas career (7 yrs after NR).

You are one of few who thinks that the great football coach was not a great AD. Did he do everything right? No, but most of the time he did.

Actually Nolan did bring up the lack of compensation in comparison to MOTHO, that was one of the driving factors in his problems with Frank.

Like other posters have told you, go read the ruling. You will either do as I did and admit my bias and make apologies toward Nolan or continue your merry way. It is up to you but my conscience is clear now.

White and Broyles were let go after years of managing athletics like it belonged to them and their GOBs. A professional AD was brought in to start clearing up the mess that those two had created after the MOTHO situation brought everything into the public eye.  It was bad enough when those two disagreed, we got MOTHO and Heath. It was truly awful when the two of them agreed, basketball destroyed and MOTHO given millions to "quit" and go to another school in our conference.

Broyles was considered a great AD as long as he could control the flow of information. Once he caused the biggest sportswriter in the state to start to question the way he conducted his job he did not look so great.

And because of that, Mike had to wait a decade for his dream job. There is no telling where the program would be now if we had not had to endure the Heath/Altman/Pel fiasco.

hogfan10

Quote from: bigredone on March 28, 2014, 12:25:56 am
Actually Nolan did bring up the lack of compensation in comparison to MOTHO, that was one of the driving factors in his problems with Frank.

Like other posters have told you, go read the ruling. You will either do as I did and admit my bias and make apologies toward Nolan or continue your merry way. It is up to you but my conscience is clear now.

White and Broyles were let go after years of managing athletics like it belonged to them and their GOBs. A professional AD was brought in to start clearing up the mess that those two had created after the MOTHO situation brought everything into the public eye.  It was bad enough when those two disagreed, we got MOTHO and Heath. It was truly awful when the two of them agreed, basketball destroyed and MOTHO given millions to "quit" and go to another school in our conference.

Broyles was considered a great AD as long as he could control the flow of information. Once he caused the biggest sportswriter in the state to start to question the way he conducted his job he did not look so great.

And because of that, Mike had to wait a decade for his dream job. There is no telling where the program would be now if we had not had to endure the Heath/Altman/Pel fiasco.

The fact that Nolan brought up his pay in comparison to Nutt's, gives you direct insight into the biggest problem with Nolan. His ego, he thought he was THE coaching god.

The position of Head Football coach deserves a higher salary than head basketball coach, at any school where the two programs are considered successful, but not great (or if they are having similar success). When Nolan won the championship, and the years prior to and after (up to Nutt), I'm sure he was compensated equally to the football coach.

Nolan's problem was he was jealous of Nutt. He realized football was king in Arkansas. He had had many years of being the top dog in this state, but Nutt brought back the state's interest in football. Unfortunately for Nolan, the football programs rise coincided with the downswing we were having in basketball.

The football program at 95% of colleges brings in much more revenue than a basketball program, the football coach is responsible for 85+ athletes compared to 15+ for the basketball coach, the football coach is the CEO of a Wal-Mart the basketball coach is CEO of XYZ regional discount store. That's why Nolan wasn't paid what he thought he should be when compared to Nutt.

If he would have compared his pay to other basketball coaches around the country he would have found he was a top 20 (probably top 10) paid basketball coach, but make no mistake we weren't performing as a top 20 team. Most people compare apples to apples, but Nolan likes to compare his apples to oranges.

Obviously the conclusions you've drawn from the judge's decision are different than mine. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that, but I will state my conclusions once more. I'll admit I didn't read the whole document (judge's ruling), but I did skim through it. I paid particular attention to section about racism at the university. The conclusion that I came to was that the judge absolutely believed that Nolan believed that he had been discriminated against based on his race, but he didn't conclude that the university treated Nolan different based on his race. This is obvious when you consider that Nolan lost the case.

Now, I know that some on here claim that Nolan's lawyers were arguing the wrong point. That may be true, but if so why didn't Nolan refile with the proper complaint, or sue his civil rights specialty lawyer.

ChicoHog

Well said Hog Fan 10.  It was always about what's best for NR, not whats best for the U of A.  Anyway we have had enough arguing about this issue over and over and let's just hope that Anderson gets this team competing consistently for SEC championships and into the NCAA tournament.