Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do you love Hogville?

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, March 25, 2014, 03:00:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I love it that I can come on here and make a comment about a movie, and someone joins the thread who has actually spoken with the director. 

I love that a discussion will happen, and someone will post or PM who has firsthand knowledge of the situation.

The degrees of separation are very low when you are a part of this online community.

Stuff like that has happened often over the years.

:razorback:
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

goodguytex

I'm pretty new to hogville compared to most of you, but I like hogville because there is never a dull moment, or the same exact stuff being regurgitated over and over again with nothing new to bring to the table. There is a lot of the same old beat a dead horse crap, but there's alwAys new material to discuss and debate and talk about too. And that's refreshing.

Hog1966

It's a great one stop source for the latest info on what's going on within the Razorback program. I don't have to go to other boards, other websites, twitter, yadda yadda to keep updated. As far as the discussion, there's always a great variety of subjects to choose from as far as what you want to read/discuss and what you don't.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Quote from: goodguytex on March 25, 2014, 03:04:13 pm
I'm pretty new to hogville compared to most of you, but I like hogville because there is never a dull moment, or the same exact stuff being regurgitated over and over again with nothing new to bring to the table. There is a lot of the same old beat a dead horse crap, but there's alwAys new material to discuss and debate and talk about too. And that's refreshing.

Awesome.  Welcome, brotha
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

DeltaBoy

Friends , Fun  Learning , Shared love of all things Hogs, News and Information.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ZERO

There's a lot of activity, and it's really one of the best free fan sites out there. Go to a few others, even some of the SEC boards. The layout and/or activity levels are downright atrocious.

Also, look at the birthdays today. We have a member who is turning 73, and one who is turning 25. We have fans right here in Fayetteville, and some in New York and Chicago. A lot of diversity among Hog fans can be found here.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Quote from: ZERO on March 25, 2014, 03:25:47 pm
There's a lot of activity, and it's really one of the best free fan sites out there. Go to a few others, even some of the SEC boards. The layout and/or activity levels are downright atrocious.

Also, look at the birthdays today. We have a member who is turning 73, and one who is turning 25. We have fans right here in Fayetteville, and some in New York and Chicago. A lot of diversity among Hog fans can be found here.

Yeah, it's like a 24-hour online Tailgate.  And I love that people serving us overseas can connect in a small way to Arkansas and the Hogs.  My favorite part about game threads.

I'm grew up in Central America, and in my 20s lived there for a while also.  I would have given anything for a place like this back then.

ZERO

Quote from: Notshavin on March 25, 2014, 03:32:06 pm
I'm grew up in Central America, and in my 20s lived there for a while also.  I would have given anything for a place like this back then.

Right there you go, this is totally a Hog fan haven, even though we drive each other insane a lot.

Also, Gridironhistory is pretty cool. Fayettechill's posts are always informative. We have a lot of fans that try really hard and bring a lot to the table, for no reason other than they love football (even when we suck hard).
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

toshortrock

keeps me from having to talk to my wife all day
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: toshortrock on March 25, 2014, 03:37:51 pm
keeps me from having to talk to my wife all day

comments like this

+1

LSUFan

Because the women who are posted here are seen and not heard.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

HamHands

I Love Hogville because I still have a place to go since I got kicked off Facebook.
One day at a time.

hoghearted

Quote from: LSUFan on March 25, 2014, 04:15:40 pm

Have to say that's not always true. ;)

Hogville keeps me up to date on what's happening with the hogs, and gives a wide array of perspective on razorback sports.

Plus there's guys like LSUFan and kingofdequeen, and many others, who keep me entertained with their humor.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 25, 2014, 03:20:28 pm
Friends , Fun  Learning , Shared love of all things Hogs, News and Information.

Amen. We are all Hog fans, though we may have differing viewpoints.
Go Hogs Go!

HawgFan70

I like the fact you can hear so many perspectives of the same thing. People see things so differently and its always interesting to hear how others view things so much differently than I do.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

LSUFan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 25, 2014, 05:16:21 pm
Amen. We are all Hog fans, though we may have differing viewpoints.
It sucks that we can't get errbody together at one time at TGC.

rusvegashog

Quote from: Notshavin on March 25, 2014, 03:00:45 pm
I love it that I can come on here and make a comment about a movie, and someone joins the thread who has actually spoken with the director. 

I love that a discussion will happen, and someone will post or PM who has firsthand knowledge of the situation.

The degrees of separation are very low when you are a part of this online community.

Stuff like that has happened often over the years.

:razorback:
Six Degrees of Hogville

LZH

Quote from: Notshavin on March 25, 2014, 03:32:06 pmI'm grew up in Central America, and in my 20s lived there for a while also.

Is that why you be so hairy?..........chupacabra and whatnot...............

SE Arkansas these days is a hotbed for LSU-mongering locals, so I don't really have anyone else to talk Hog sports with.

Actually, nobody down here talks to me, period.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 25, 2014, 05:45:33 pm

SE Arkansas these days is a hotbed for LSU-mongering locals, so I don't really have anyone else to talk Hog sports with.

I have you on permanent ignorant.

Quote from: hoghearted on March 25, 2014, 05:01:33 pm
Have to say that's not always true. ;)

Hogville keeps me up to date on what's happening with the hogs, and gives a wide array of perspective on razorback sports.

Plus there's guys like LSUFan and kingofdequeen, and many others, who keep me entertained with their humor.

Please don't encourage them...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 25, 2014, 06:04:47 pm
I have you on permanent ignorant.

Always with the "slapstick" humor, you missed your time. The Marx Brothers are looking for their missing link.
Go Hogs Go!

LSUFan

Quote from: Notshavin on March 25, 2014, 06:10:38 pm
Please don't encourage them...
Michael Jackson walks into a daycare............

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: LSUFan on March 25, 2014, 04:15:40 pm

Maybe not heard but read.  :)

It is a wonderful stress reliever.   It provides many laughs to such a short life, not to mention that it is very informative on The Razorbacks which is one of many things we all have in common. 

LSUFan

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on March 25, 2014, 08:41:51 pm
Maybe not heard but read.  :)

It is a wonderful stress reliever.   It provides many laughs to such a short life, not to mention that it is very informative on The Razorbacks which is one of many things we all have in common.
Who ARE posted here, not who post here, big difference.

Now go make me a sammich ;)

Delicious~Dreams

Yes sir!  I make great sandwiches too ;)

Calling All Hogs

I come to HV just to read Notshavin.

MissippHog

Doug

I come here because of people like [you] that make this place.... uhh.... ...... .. interesting. ;)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

deshahawg

goodguytex

Quote from: deshahawg on March 25, 2014, 10:11:07 pm
I'm all about the Frito Pie.
Ooh!! Ooh!! Frito Pie?? Where? Where? I want some!!

secfan30

Quote from: MissippHog on March 25, 2014, 10:08:45 pm
I'm here for the avatars....

There is a lot about yours that I like.

Plus the Hog info. Could do without the grade school whining from some, but hey it's better than being an Aggie.

A Frio Pie does sound good right now..

Nipsey Mussle

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 25, 2014, 06:13:14 pm
Always with the "slapstick" humor, you missed your time. The Marx Brothers are looking for their missing link.
I think he's really funny. And btw, slapstick is an exaggerated physical type of comedy. So unless you can see Ponderin' while he posts here, I don't think you mean slapstick. I'd say it's more observational type comedy.

go hogues

Got addicted while living in LA after college. It felt like home while I was trying to adjust to life on the west coast.
Its basically been my time waste-du-jour since.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 25, 2014, 05:45:33 pm

Me has a sad.

My favorite thing is the unintentional humor, like misspelling words. And recently someone actually started a thread asking if  The Beatles or Michael Jackson was better AND SOME PEOPLE VOTED FOR MICHAEL JACKSON.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: go hogues on March 25, 2014, 10:55:40 pm
Got addicted while living in LA after college. It felt like home while I was trying to adjust to life on the west coast.
Its basically been my time waste-du-jour since.

This. Being on the West coast, I need this place. It's a slice of home.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

PonderinHog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 25, 2014, 10:54:45 pm
I think he's really funny. And btw, slapstick is an exaggerated physical type of comedy. So unless you can see Ponderin' while he posts here, I don't think you mean slapstick. I'd say it's more observational type comedy.
Deadpan is dead.  JMO

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hog1966 on March 25, 2014, 03:14:54 pm
It's a great one stop source for the latest info on what's going on within the Razorback program. I don't have to go to other boards, other websites, twitter, yadda yadda to keep updated. As far as the discussion, there's always a great variety of subjects to choose from as far as what you want to read/discuss and what you don't.

This... +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LZH

LZH

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on March 25, 2014, 11:55:14 pm
Me has a sad.

My favorite thing is the unintentional humor, like misspelling words. And recently someone actually started a thread asking if  The Beatles or Michael Jackson was better AND SOME PEOPLE VOTED FOR MICHAEL JACKSON.

Who could blame them?...........ever see McCartney dance?

HamHands

One day at a time.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ZERO on March 25, 2014, 03:25:47 pm

Hogs are global. I lived in Asia for years and ran into a lot of Hogs. One morning I was at the hotel picking up a client when I heard this strong Georgia accent. Sure enough it was Coach Broyles.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Lanny

Because the site is FREE and  breaking news can be found on one site.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

PennHOG

Because it keeps me connected to my roots.  So I don't forget where I came from.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

RNHog

To see how touchy people get when trolled.

Delicious~Dreams

Getting "Fired Up" is all part of the experience.  :)

urkillnmesmalls

Information.  From videos of potential recruits, stats to make things more intriguing, to people with first hand knowledge of the situation in question, this site provides more information than most people realize.  Even if you strip away some of the caustic negativity that runs rampant at times, it still provides the most free Hog related information in one place that you're going to find. 

Think about it...how many times do you see anything on the evening news that you didn't see here first?  That speaks volumes of the people here who have a pulse on what is going on, even if it doesn't always include what people WISH was available here, such as a "behind the scenes" perspective of coaching searches, etc.  Those days are over.... 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.