Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colin Cowherd not nice to the Hogs today

Started by MountieDawg, March 25, 2014, 11:15:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

He was talking about Johnny Manziel and how the NFL was much tougher than college. He said you dont get any days off in the NFL games, everyone has great players, there are no Arkansas or Duke's on your schedule.
SEC!

Steef

In fairness (I know the guy hates us), the two years that Manziel made his name...we really were one of the 'gimmee' programs in our conference.

Doesn't mean Cowherd won't diss us when we're winning again. He's a cow-patty. But for now, he's right.

Calling All Hogs

Duke fans are probably offended they were put in the same category as us. Brighter days are ahead for Hog fans though!

Dropkick

I put Cowherd in the same class with Bill Maher. I dont care for pompous a-holes so I dont listen to or watch them

grayhawg

The biggest reason I have not listened to him in a long time.

BorderPatrol

OLDHOG

Quote from: Dropkick on March 25, 2014, 11:28:01 am
I put Cowherd in the same class with Bill Maher. I dont care for pompous a-holes so I dont listen to or watch them
I watch em cause they are pompous a-holes. Doesn't matter what they say tho. Just sayin.

Mike_e

Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

LZH

CC being an a$$ about the Hogs?  What a shock.

However, for anyone who listens or watches his show, if we win 7 or 8 games this year he'll have to pick on someone else.  That's his shtick.

ifghog

I generally like Cowherd but...he can def be a DB!

Torqued pork

Our defense wasn't much more than a small speed bump for Manziel and the Ags. Why would Cowherd say anything else?

chitwnhog

Quote from: Solomwi on March 25, 2014, 11:47:32 am
Careful or you'll get the dreaded troll spray.

Meh...we've gotten used to you two.

texas tush hog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on March 25, 2014, 11:39:28 am
That clown is still on the air?

bp

He is actually dumber than he looks and that's wild looking.

tbhogfan

Cowherd: "Hey, Johnny Manziel, the NFL is much tougher than college. You dont get any days off in the NFL games, everyone has great players, there are no Arkansas or Duke's on your schedule."

Manziel: "Thank you for your advice, that means a lot coming from a person who has never played a down of competitive football in his life."
Go Hogs!

BrassNunchucks

He's right. We sucked both years Manziel played us. There's no national conspiracy. We'll be better soon though.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Torqued pork on March 25, 2014, 12:14:11 pm
Our defense wasn't much more than a small speed bump for Manziel and the Ags. Why would Cowherd say anything else?

102 points in two games...

LZH

Quote from: tbhogfan on March 25, 2014, 12:32:28 pm
Cowherd: "Hey, Johnny Manziel, the NFL is much tougher than college. You dont get any days off in the NFL games, everyone has great players, there are no Arkansas or Duke's on your schedule."

Manziel: "Thank you for your advice, that means a lot coming from a person who has never played a down of competitive football in his life."

+1

But, on the contrary, church league flag football can be...like brutal, man.

mhsbc59

Cowherd Self admits he panders to the large markets cause that where the money is. He admits it he admits ESPN does it. But thats kind of why i like him for good or bad he says what he thinks and sticks to his guns. I dont agree with him half the time but i respect the fact he admits ESPN and Sports talk in general pander to the large markets
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Hollywood_HOGan45

Well we have to change that soon.

Zero conference wins for the first time in our history does us no favors.

CHANGE IT!

VT HOG

What did he say that's not true? He was giving us props when we were ranked in the top ten. He doesn't have a bias against Arkansas, he just calls them like he sees them. That type of thinking doesn't work around here.

chitwnhog

Quote from: VT HOG on March 25, 2014, 01:36:53 pm
What did he say that's not true? He was giving us props when we were ranked in the top ten. He doesn't have a bias against Arkansas, he just calls them like he sees them. That type of thinking doesn't work around here.

Did you even read the OP or the responses? The OP just mentions what Cowherd said and really doesn't comment. The vast majority of the responses laughed it off and agreed with what Cowherd had to say.

Arkansas Fan

He could've very easily said Kentucky instead of Arkansas. Cowherd has something against us, no doubt about it.

goodguytex

I was at the last aggie game in Fayetteville... We very nearly beat them, and would have, if BA had been healthy and made better decisions with the ints he threw. To say we were embarrassed by the Aggies last time we played them is not true. Not if you actually watched the game. We beat ourselves... Clearly that game. They did not embarrass us, and we should have won.

Calling All Hogs

Posts got deleted. Looks like the Auburn troll filter kicked in. :)

chitwnhog

Quote from: CallMeHog on March 25, 2014, 01:50:34 pm
Posts got deleted. Looks like the Auburn troll filter kicked in. :)

Lolz...awwww.....

twistitup

March 25, 2014, 01:58:07 pm #26 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:34:19 pm by twistitup
"The truth is the hardest thing you'll ever face because you can't change the truth in the slightest way"

~ Johnny Paycheck
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

wupigsuey

Weird comment. tamu beat duke 48-52 in the chick fil-a.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogfan2000

The spring before the Petrino debacle, he was trashing Notre Dame, and how they weren't a top 20 program anymore, and I remember him listing us, saying yeah, Id take Arkansas over Notre Dame.  How things change. 

rusvegashog

Back in the day I had no tv so at night when I would get off of work I would listen to ESPN radio. CC show was the best. He's grown a little thin on me watching him, but his radio show back in the day was the best on the air.

The NewEra

Quote from: steefhog on March 25, 2014, 11:18:30 am
In fairness (I know the guy hates us), the two years that Manziel made his name...we really were one of the 'gimmee' programs in our conference.

Doesn't mean Cowherd won't diss us when we're winning again. He's a cow-patty. But for now, he's right.

There is one sure way to rid ourselves of these type of comments and I hope this team does it.

Hogwild

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on March 25, 2014, 01:45:56 pm
He could've very easily said Kentucky instead of Arkansas. Cowherd has something against us, no doubt about it.

Unlike Duke & Arkansas,  Manziel never played Kentucky.

goodguytex

Quote from: Hogwild on March 25, 2014, 02:48:53 pm
I say again... The Aggies very nearly got beat by Arkansas last year. It was not a gimme game. Had BA not thrown that INT at the start of the second half, the hogs probably score a td and take the lead. We should have won that game. And the aggie fans all around where I say in the aggie section were very scared until the 4th quarter.

DeltaBoy

Colin is correct based on the past 2 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Hogwild on March 25, 2014, 02:48:53 pm

Doesn't matter, he talks down about Arkansas as if we ARE Kentucky football.

Hoggish1

Well, he succeeded in making you mad, which is the MO for doing his show (make half the people who listen agree and the other half hate his sheet).

phadedhawg

Duke had a great season.  Very unfair to the Blue Devils!!

Sourpuss

He was also the first one to say we got screwed out of the game after the Florida railing we took (tebow v Mallett / refs suspended).  He said that the refs handed florida the game. 

Also Tyler's junior year he said we had a claim on being the 3rd best team in the country because we had lost to 1 and 2 and beat ATM. 

Not to confuse you boys with the facts and all.  Carry on.

Puss out.

HawgFan70

Cowherd is a clown who sucks up to 2-3 programs and talks ish about every other team. I give him credit he keeps his name out there but I don't listen to him
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

rlreev01

Think of this. He is a USC homer. He was talking about Manziel which kicked us his two years while we are pitiful. USC spanked us when we played them. I would have the same thoughts as he.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 25, 2014, 11:47:08 am
CC being an a$$ about the Hogs?  What a shock.

However, for anyone who listens or watches his show, if we win 7 or 8 games this year he'll have to pick on someone else.  That's his shtick.

When we are good, he likes us...

When we suck, he clowns on us...

Nothing wrong with that

Ramtough

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on March 25, 2014, 03:45:50 pm
Doesn't matter, he talks down about Arkansas as if we ARE Kentucky football.
The last conference win we had was against Kentucky on 10/13/2012. Thanks JLS.

870hogfan

PorkerOinker

Cowherd plays to the listeners, I have heard him making the case of how hard the SEC is year in and year out, and used Arkansas and Vanderbilt both as examples of how much harderit is to play us than other schools in say the Big 12 or Big 10.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

redeye

I guess he accomplished his goal of creating message board chatter, so good for him.  I really don't care.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

IBleedRazorbackRed

NFL defenses are a lot better than our defense.

That's pretty much what he said. Anyone disagree with that statement?

fortsmithokie

Colin and Rush are the same guys working a different audience. If you missed that, the only thing that can be said for you is, sorry. He could care less what anyone thinks as long as he gets ratings. He's just honest about it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rusvegashog on March 25, 2014, 02:33:09 pm
Back in the day I had no tv so at night when I would get off of work I would listen to ESPN radio. CC show was the best. He's grown a little thin on me watching him, but his radio show back in the day was the best on the air.

Same here... I can't stand watching him slurrrrrp his slobber back into his mouth between sentences. I would hate to follow him up on that mic...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.