Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 McTelvin Agim

Started by Hey Super, March 25, 2014, 08:20:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Super

For those of you that don't follow twitter, McTelvin Agim 2016 of Hope Arkansas recently received an offer from OU. Twitter was blowing up with him retweeting most of it in regards to OU being his "dream offer" and that he started crying when he received it.

Agim is pegged by many to be a huge nationally top ranked prospect for 2016 and already holds a handful of offers. It would make me sick to see him become a sooner but with a lot of our in state boys heading for Alabama or auburn these days at least he would be out of the SEC.

Naturally, we all want him to be a Hog and I'm just trying to keep some of you folks in the loop. Thanks.

His twitter: @so_splash
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Razorhawg09

I'm sure we won't get him.

Steef

A lot can happen between now and 2/16.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 25, 2014, 08:54:19 am

try to contain your excitement if we dont

tbhogfan

McTelvin is going to get lots of offers over the next two years.   Don't be surprised if he ends up a high 4* or a 5* recruit.

So far, he has made two unofficial visits to Arkansas, attended an Arkansas camp, and has had two coaches' visits from Arkansas (Segrest then CBB and Lunney).   

Whether or not he becomes a Hog is anyone's guess, but it is clear that he has a strong interest in Arkansas, and that is all you can ask at this time.
Go Hogs!

ldfergu

You can't blame recruits for looking elsewhere after the past two seasons Arkansas has had.  These kids are 16-17 years old and probably haven't seen a lot of the glory that some of the older hog fans share.  So, its understandable.  When we start winning again we will get these kids, its that simple

Vantage 8 dude

Very nice to see you being your normal positive self.

GEO-HOG

Trey Flowers drafted early will help with getting this kid.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: GEO-HOG on March 25, 2014, 10:25:06 am
Trey Flowers drafted early will help with getting this kid.
Early=3rd round. His draft status will have little to no bearing on getting Agim. All of our competitors will produce DL drafted as high or higher.

Wildhog

Feel better about him than some others.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Big difference between choosing a SEC rival an Oklahoma, imo.  It's one thing to go elsewhere, but something far worse to choose one of our SEC rivals and play against us.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on March 25, 2014, 09:19:58 am
try to contain your excitement if we dont

there is a big difference between THINKING we wont get someone and HOPING we dont

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 25, 2014, 12:34:52 pm
there is a big difference between THINKING we wont get someone and HOPING we dont

he doesn't think, he knows

Sooie71923

Would be great to get him in a Hog uniform. However I feel that it is doubtful.

trashcan maN

Also retweeted : @So_Splash Forget about OU, #WPS is home. Come help build something special. #beuncommon #neveryield

cosmodrum

Quote from: Sooie71923 on March 25, 2014, 01:49:05 pm
Would be great to get him in a Hog uniform. However I feel that it is doubtful.

If the kid was really in tears because he got his dream offer, then I just don't see any chance of him ending up here.
Go away, batin'

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 25, 2014, 10:31:12 am
Early=3rd round. His draft status will have little to no bearing on getting Agim. All of our competitors will produce DL drafted as high or higher.
That's the spirit! Keep all those positive vibs going.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 25, 2014, 01:57:59 pm
That's the spirit! Keep all those positive vibs going.
I keep forgetting why I have this guy on ignore but then he post his normal negative crap then all is clear again.

Wildhog

Is he originally from Okla?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on March 25, 2014, 02:27:54 pm
I keep forgetting why I have this guy on ignore but then he post his normal negative crap then all is clear again.
Talking about moi, big guy?

PeabodyHawg

I sure glad I don't share your attitude.

trashcan maN

He said he was offered while he was chilling with his brother and got teared up a little. Don't know where dream offer came from. The man was humbled when he got a bigtime offer. Yall need to chill..

Hey Super

Quote from: kj0N on March 25, 2014, 04:29:19 pm
He said he was offered while he was chilling with his brother and got teared up a little. Don't know where dream offer came from. The man was humbled when he got a bigtime offer. Yall need to chill..

Varsity preps quoted him saying it. Read his twitter, that is what I'm going off of. Thanks.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Hog Fan from Camden

fortsmithokie

Quote from: Wildhog on March 25, 2014, 02:37:09 pm
Is he originally from Okla?

I read somewhere that he's originally from Texas.

AFhawg

Quote from: fortsmithokie on March 25, 2014, 05:35:36 pm
I read somewhere that he's originally from Texas.

He is from Dallas.

fortsmithokie

Quote from: AFhawg on March 25, 2014, 07:10:27 pm
He is from Dallas.

I'd read Rowlett. I'm guessing its a suburb of Dallas.

redeye

Quote from: AFhawg on March 25, 2014, 07:10:27 pm
He is from Dallas.

His twitter page says Dallas -> Texarkana, TX -> Hope.  That he bothered to specify Texarkana, TX makes me think he may not be big on Arkansas and there's nothing wrong with that.  We know we won't get all instate players.  I don't understand why anyone would want to play for Oklahoma, or in a conference that's dying a slow death, but at least he won't be playing for a school competing against us for the SEC title.

Hogeration

He got the offer while at his grandma's birthday.  The way the tweet read was that he was almost in tears (possibly getting the offer while celebrating grandma.)  I have no clue where he goes but I know he retweets a lot of hog stuff too. 

MH04

2016 will really test our coaches in state recruiting, our top 3 recruits will probably be Agim, Capps, and Mitchell. Mitchell and Agim are both not originally from Arkansas and some people have said Capps is an LSU fan. I'm excited to see if we can reel them all in.

Soonerman12

Kid is from Corsicana, Tx originally. He stated, in an interview today, that he grew up an OU fan that's why he was almost in tears. Speaks nicely about Arkansas, too. Just that OU was his dream offer because they've been his favorite since he was in first grade.

Vantage 8 dude

backout60

Quote from: redeye on March 25, 2014, 07:45:15 pm
His twitter page says Dallas -> Texarkana, TX -> Hope.  That he bothered to specify Texarkana, TX makes me think he may not be big on Arkansas and there's nothing wrong with that.  We know we won't get all instate players.  I don't understand why anyone would want to play for Oklahoma, or in a conference that's dying a slow death, but at least he won't be playing for a school competing against us for the SEC title.

because OU is a winning school, They dont have very many down seasons and when they do its 8 wins still. Compete for conference championships and a chacne to play in the NC. They just smashed on big bad Bama who ran through the gauntlett that is the dreaded SEC, besides Auburn. If the conference died OU could go anywhere to any conference. OU will have the top DL in the nation this year with all 3 guys back. Phillips at DT will be a 1st rounder if healthy. 6'6 340, was on his way to all conference and maybe all american before getting hurt. can do a standing backflip and runs sub 4.9 40 will be a JR,   Charles Tapper will be a Jr 6'4 270 and runs in the 4.7s. 1st team all big 12 and likely pre season all american, will be a top 2 round pick. And Geneo Grissom at DE will be a top 2 rounder. SR whos 6'4 260, runs in 4.7s super athletic played some TE.

OU is about to put alot of talent into the league and will be dominant in the big 12 for a while. itll draw recruits in. OU returns 8 starters on the D that was top 25 in run D, pass D and total D.

Soonerman12

Quote from: redeye on March 25, 2014, 07:45:15 pm
Seems like a very bitter comment. You don't understand why a kid would want to play at a school that has 5 heisman winners, 151 consensus all Americans, 46 conference titles, 7 national titles and the program that has been said to be the most prestigious cfb program of all time( espn, sporting news, fox and college football news) by several publications? Please, enlighten me why you feel as if anyone shouldn't want to play at OU, and why it's just an idiotic idea to play football there.

Btw, if you look above I gave an insightful comment about an interview he did yesterday. He spoke glowingly about Arkansas, too. Kid must just not get it since he grew up an OU fan and  it was a dream offer, redeye.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 26, 2014, 05:51:38 am
Seems like a very bitter comment. You don't understand why a kid would want to play at a school that has 5 heisman winners, 151 consensus all Americans, 46 conference titles, 7 national titles and the program that has been said to be the most prestigious cfb program of all time( espn, sporting news, fox and college football news) by several publications? Please, enlighten me why you feel as if anyone shouldn't want to play at OU, and why it's just an idiotic idea to play football there.

Btw, if you look above I gave an insightful comment about an interview he did yesterday. He spoke glowingly about Arkansas, too. Kid must just not get it since he grew up an OU fan and  it was a dream offer, redeye.

Listen, if you want to pimp what a great football school OU is how about doing it on a SOONER message board?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

trashcan maN

Soonerman12

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 26, 2014, 06:12:56 am
Listen, if you want to pimp what a great football school OU is how about doing it on a SOONER message board?

I think you should see I was the voice of reason saying he had very nice things to say about Arkansas in his interview. Redeye made a ludicrous statement. I'm not allowed to defend my alma mater? Are you that sensitive?

Oh, and I think the sugar bowl did all the "pimping" that needed to be done.

altrusty

and yet Arkansas still has more Championships than OU....

ARtillahog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 26, 2014, 08:28:24 am
I think you should see I was the voice of reason saying he had very nice things to say about Arkansas in his interview. Redeye made a ludicrous statement. I'm not allowed to defend my alma mater? Are you that sensitive?

Oh, and I think the sugar bowl did all the "pimping" that needed to be done.

OU played lights out in that game and Bama did not.  Don't act like ONE game will automatically make OU a better choice than the majority of SEC teams.

As another poster has said before... "Has it been a year yet?"

Soonerman12

Quote from: altrusty on March 26, 2014, 08:42:50 am
and yet Arkansas still has more Championships than OU....

Wait. What? Are we talking about track and field? Congrats. Now, let's talk about big boy sports like Football, Baseball, Softball and Basketball. Arkansas has the basketball titles. Not the rest.

This thread is derailed because I took offense to what some poster said. I apologize.

Soonerman12

Quote from: ARtillahog on March 26, 2014, 10:13:16 am
OU played lights out in that game and Bama did not.  Don't act like ONE game will automatically make OU a better choice than the majority of SEC teams.

As another poster has said before... "Has it been a year yet?"

This can't be serious. OU is considered the most prestigious cfb program of all time. OU will be ranked 2nd in most preseason polls. Top 5 in all of them. Do you watch cfb with SEC glasses on, or do you just wear the "hey my school isn't cutting it so I'll cling on to the ones that are in our conference" pajamas to bed? Serious question. Most SEC schools are better choice than OU? Ha!

Vantage 8 dude

March 26, 2014, 10:42:49 am #41 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:05:50 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 26, 2014, 10:38:16 am
This can't be serious. OU is considered the most prestigious cfb program of all time. OU will be ranked 2nd in most preseason polls. Top 5 in all of them. Do you watch cfb with SEC glasses on, or do you just wear the "hey my school isn't cutting it so I'll cling on to the ones that are in our conference" pajamas to bed? Serious question. Most SEC schools are better choice than OU? Ha!
Go sell your wares on a site that really gives a damn; in other words, on an OU website. Stop filling an ARKANSAS board based on with your propaganda.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: backout60 on March 26, 2014, 01:05:30 am
because OU is a winning school, They dont have very many down seasons and when they do its 8 wins still. Compete for conference championships and a chacne to play in the NC. They just smashed on big bad Bama who ran through the gauntlett that is the dreaded SEC, besides Auburn. If the conference died OU could go anywhere to any conference. OU will have the top DL in the nation this year with all 3 guys back. Phillips at DT will be a 1st rounder if healthy. 6'6 340, was on his way to all conference and maybe all american before getting hurt. can do a standing backflip and runs sub 4.9 40 will be a JR,   Charles Tapper will be a Jr 6'4 270 and runs in the 4.7s. 1st team all big 12 and likely pre season all american, will be a top 2 round pick. And Geneo Grissom at DE will be a top 2 rounder. SR whos 6'4 260, runs in 4.7s super athletic played some TE.

OU is about to put alot of talent into the league and will be dominant in the big 12 for a while. itll draw recruits in. OU returns 8 starters on the D that was top 25 in run D, pass D and total D.
Please take your OU based trolling back west across the border to somewhere that gives a damn-a Sooner lovefest website.

Soonerman12

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 26, 2014, 10:42:49 am
Go sell your wares on a site that really gives a damn; in other words, on an OU website. Stop filling an ARKANSAS based on with your propaganda.

Wait. It's okay for your fan base to, in your words, spew propaganda like "why would anyone want to play at OU" but I can't state facts to support why they would? Such a touchy fan base lately.

ricepig

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 26, 2014, 10:49:29 am
Wait. It's okay for your fan base to, in your words, spew propaganda like "why would anyone want to play at OU" but I can't state facts to support why they would? Such a touchy fan base lately.

Sure you can, just do it on a Sooner board, we don't give a rip....

BornaHog

Quote from: ricepig on March 26, 2014, 10:55:52 am
Sure you can, just do it on a Sooner board, we don't give a rip....

For goodness sake, just block him, and everyone that won't block him (QUIT QUOTING HIM) so those of us that have blocked him won't have to see his crap!

I'm here to read about the HOGS and nothing else!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

HogFoo

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 26, 2014, 10:49:29 am
honor your bet and disappear into your self dug hole you yourself said u would go into when Blake bell flopped as a qb.  Last I looked he didn't reach 3000 yards passing.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Razorhawg09

I'd probably kill myself if I lived in Oklahoma. And I've lived in Cleveland.

Soonerman12

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 26, 2014, 11:29:13 am
I'd probably kill myself if I lived in Oklahoma. And I've lived in Cleveland.

Man, sure seems like a lot if corporations and out of staters moving here in droves disagree. Okc is growing at a 23% pace. 4k a month, actually. 4th fastest growing city/metro in the US. So, apparently a lot of people love it here.

Lived in Arkansas for 5 years. My wife is from there. Love that fact of your state.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 26, 2014, 11:32:22 am
Man, sure seems like a lot if corporations and out of staters moving here in droves disagree. Okc is growing at a 23% pace. 4k a month, actually. 4th fastest growing city/metro in the US. So, apparently a lot of people love it here.

Lived in Arkansas for 5 years. My wife is from there. Love that fact of your state.
What big corporations are relocating to Oklahoma? Outside of oil & gas. And most of those people don't go willingly and try to move to Houston ASAP. Take a hike. Zero posters are given about your rogue program.