Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few post-game Player Tweets Tonight

Started by WilsonHog, March 25, 2014, 01:05:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

March 25, 2014, 01:05:21 am Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:35:25 am by Tom Bennett
@WadeNoDwyane: "It's been a blessing to be able to play here at the UofA.I want to thank all the fans and friends who stood by our side..it's been an honor."

@WadeNoDwyane: "This team will be better next year, I promise."

@WadeNoDwyane: "I will never forget this moment and the pple of Arkansas, y'all have truly changed my Life for the Good and I want to thank y'all for that."

@Mr_WALKONAIR: "There is no other team I would rather be with. You fall you get up you grow. This team is the match that sparked the fire of Arkbb #wps4eva"

@akaKikko: "Thank you Hog fans for a great 4 years. Amazing time of my life! This program is on the rise! Everyone Believe! Hog Ball is back."

Danny J

Atlhogfan1

Been a Wade supporter.  Wish he had another season. 

The other one, well ...
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

-Blu

Wish all the seniors the best, I know we get on them at times, but to be able to live your dream and play for a major D1 school and play on national TV in front of millions of people, that's something a lot of people can't do.  It was great watching them play, and may they all have a blessed future!

Porkem

Very classy tweets indeed. Good work, Tom.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

JonClaudeVanHam

Great tweets by Wade. Wish he could have been a Hog during better years.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 25, 2014, 01:13:42 am
So is Qualls done?

How did you get that from his tweet.

Thanks wade! OoOOooOohhh qualls you're so wise.

-Blu

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 25, 2014, 01:17:19 am
How did you get that from his tweet.

Thanks wade! OoOOooOohhh qualls you're so wise.

I kinda thought the tweet was suspicious myself, you usually stay stuff like forever and give little quotes or sayings like he did when your leaving.  He has to know there's been some rumors about him leaving, then you said #WPS4EVA, then say "We were the match that sparked razorback basketball" kinda sounds like a farewell or something.  Could be reading too much into it.  But, if I were him and knew I had a rumor going around like that and was coming back I would have said something like "We're going to come back bigger and stronger" #WPS. 

Arky

I don't tweet. Don't know how to read'em really. Qualls sounds like he's happy to me.
"There is no other team I would rather be with."
Perspective I suppose.

-Blu

Quote from: Arky on March 25, 2014, 01:51:43 am
I don't tweet. Don't know how to read'em really. Qualls sounds like he's happy to me.
"There is no other team I would rather be with."
Perspective I suppose.

Yea, your right.  No sense in speculating we'll know soon enough.  Really hope he comes back.

High Octane Hog

Arky

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 01:55:07 am
Yea, your right.  No sense in speculating we'll know soon enough.  Really hope he comes back.
Me too. And makes as much progress next yr as he did this yr.

Arky

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 01:55:07 am
Again I don't tweet but those came when he was out of state and after an ass kicking. Seems he was trying to reach out to hog fans. Whacha think?

rusvegashog

Quote from: Arky on March 25, 2014, 02:08:52 am
Again I don't tweet but those came when he was out of state and after an ass kicking. Seems he was trying to reach out to hog fans. Whacha think?
I think I'm proud of them disappointed we lost, but it's a game and Wade and the other seniors will be missed. They represented the U of A well as a class. Better to be good at life than at a silly game. And their is some some solid men in those seniors. Not to mention Gulley goes out w arguably his best play of his career tonight. Where did that come from? Wowzer.

RNHog

You dbags read too much into these kids tweets.

TMc

I hope he's right about this team being the match.., I wasn't sold on this team.., and I'm not buying the match part until I see them next year.  Proud of this years team, they did the best they could, with what they had.. Do expect next year's team to be better.., but I still don't see any shooters unless the newcomers can shoot.

3kgthog

Fix the half court defense and stop wasting energy on the press and those missed shots won't be so glaring. The turnovers we force are negated by the FTs and easy layups we give up. For taking pride in his defense Mike's teams sure don't play much of it fundamentally.

Kevin

Want nothing but the best for the seniors in their life
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jry04

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 25, 2014, 06:01:26 am
Fix the half court defense and stop wasting energy on the press and those missed shots won't be so glaring. The turnovers we force are negated by the FTs and easy layups we give up. For taking pride in his defense Mike's teams sure don't play much of it fundamentally.
Why do you have to cry about Anderson in every thread?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: jry04 on March 25, 2014, 08:04:51 am
Why do you have to cry about Anderson in every thread?

Sometimes...sadly...it's hard not to.  If you had 90% of the coaches across the country watch that game, and asked them what they would have done differently in the first 10 minutes, I think you'd get a pretty consistent answer. 

But...with MA, I think what you would hear is completely different.  "It's our system.  We'll catch back up with a big run off a few turnovers, and we'll continue to wear them down so we have the advantage at the end of the game." 

Then he would reference the comeback at the end.  To me, the defense we played in the last 5 minutes is how we should have played from the opening tip, and that simply did not happen. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

RazorPiggie

bigredone

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 25, 2014, 06:01:26 am

Except in this well officiated game. There was not a foul a second, AR just missed open shots to start the game and dug too deep of a hole to dig out of. The defense created turnovers even in the first half, we did not put the ball in the basket.

Every team allows layups or open threes at times. There is no perfect defense, if there were where are the 100 - 0 games.

Causing turnovers is not the sole purpose of the trapping press, it is to speed up the game. When it is really going, it takes all of the fun out of the game for the other team and makes them second guess everything they do. To get it going we actually have to hit open shots and we didn't. We lost because early in the game we didn't hit even layups, not because the system failed.

We staged a big comeback by hitting a few shots and allowing the press to go to work. If we had hit even a couple of shots early in the game we win the game.

Keep posting how awful Coach Anderson is when we take another step forward next year. You still won't be happy then.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: bigredone on March 25, 2014, 08:20:06 am
Except in this well officiated game. There was not a foul a second, AR just missed open shots to start the game and dug too deep of a hole to dig out of. The defense created turnovers even in the first half, we did not put the ball in the basket.

Every team allows layups or open threes at times. There is no perfect defense, if there were where are the 100 - 0 games.

Causing turnovers is not the sole purpose of the trapping press, it is to speed up the game. When it is really going, it takes all of the fun out of the game for the other team and makes them second guess everything they do. To get it going we actually have to hit open shots and we didn't. We lost because early in the game we didn't hit even layups, not because the system failed.

We staged a big comeback by hitting a few shots and allowing the press to go to work. If we had hit even a couple of shots early in the game we win the game.

Keep posting how awful Coach Anderson is when we take another step forward next year. You still won't be happy then.

I don't think anyone is saying he's awful.  He's going to live by the sword, and die by the sword, and as fans we might as well get used to that.  We were getting burned with effective screening and passing early for layups, but no thought of going to a zone to calm down.  We were missing 3 pt. shots left and right, but no thought of insisting that the ball go to the post and NOT taking threes until we got into the flow of the game. 

But...that comes with the territory.  MA ain't changing, and shame on me for ever even suggesting that he'll adjust.     

I think we were all hopeful that Anthlon Bell had come out of his shell, and we had ID'd our next Pat Bradley type of zone buster, but we were wrong.  Maybe starting him was a bad move, and he needed to come off the bench like most of the season??  Not sure...

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.