Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The season ended tonight at 22 and 12 here is what i saw

Started by forrest city joe, March 25, 2014, 12:43:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Here is what I saw:
Three decent non conference wins.  2 at home.
Bad start to the sec season
Win 7 of 8. To get the hogs back in NCAA contention
2 horrible losses to end any chance of NCAA
Home nit win
Horrible road nit loss.

So, just as great as the 7 wins out of 8 were to then lose 3 out of the last 4. Those 3 losses being blowout to a terrible bama team, a terrible USC team and an out manned cal team.

So I saw a typical Anderson year. 

Funny, how many are believing a guy who is known has a mediocre recruiter is just going to turn it around.

Putting a lot of pressure on a freshman pg and a former NAIA pg, next year.

I see it as just treading water and hoping monk comes to arkansas, and hoping he delivers one shining moment.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tejas_Pete

FCJ should be banned for bashing players. It's also stupid to put our hopes on incoming freshmen who are lower rated as recruits than the current players he says are subpar.

snortman

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on March 25, 2014, 07:12:45 am
FCJ should be banned for bashing players. It's also stupid to put our hopes on incoming freshmen who are lower rated as recruits than the current players he says are subpar.

Well said +1

I don't see him saying the same things in football, Well if that palyers makes a block or that player catches the ball or if the QB makes that pass. But NOOOOOOO all he says is that Bielama is a terrible coach. What a joke he is.

Must have a huge MA poster on the wall

Toad Suck Pork

The improvement was there this year.  This team did exactly what I thought it would do, which was win 20 games and make the NIT.  I saw enough improvement to push my expectation up to an NCAA appearance next year rather than year 5.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Kevin on March 25, 2014, 06:44:41 am
Here is what I saw:
Three decent non conference wins.  2 at home.
Bad start to the sec season
Win 7 of 8. To get the hogs back in NCAA contention
2 horrible losses to end any chance of NCAA
Home nit win
Horrible road nit loss.

So, just as great as the 7 wins out of 8 were to then lose 3 out of the last 4. Those 3 losses being blowout to a terrible bama team, a terrible USC team and an out manned cal team.

So I saw a typical Anderson year. 

Funny, how many are believing a guy who is known has a mediocre recruiter is just going to turn it around.

Putting a lot of pressure on a freshman pg and a former NAIA pg, next year.

I see it as just treading water and hoping monk comes to arkansas, and hoping he delivers one shining moment.

What South Carolina game where you watching? That game was not a blowout.

Smithian

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 25, 2014, 12:43:08 am
This game had nothing to do with coaching. this game had everything to do with not having enough good basketball players. when you score 6 points in the first 14 M of the half when you are getting wide open shots, that's on the players. Mike Anderson can't go out there and make shots for these guys. Bell as he has done all year, was missing the same open shots he was hitting against Ole Miss and ID-state.nobody but Portis could come close to making a shot.Problem 2. not being able to get stops on defense. even when you shoot bad, your defense has to be good enough to keep you in games. this team is not good on defense. hope to see improved defense next year with the players that are willing to work. Cal shot 55% from the field. that's not going to cut it.. problem 3. and this is the real deal folks. Mike Anderson has simply got to get better players than what he has.we have to hope that Beard,Babb Durham, Myles and Trey can help. i believe they all can. got to get guys who can put the ball in the hole, and are willing to play defense. it's on Mike Anderson to get those kind of players. and i think he will. Kingsley and Portis are the foundation for next year. both need to live in the weight Room. the off season program is going to be big. GO HOGS.
In your own words; It's year 3 and he doesn't have the players, who fault is it?

catfish07

It is ok to lay blame on the coach; it happens sometimes. Mike failed to get it done in the coaching department at the end of the year. We pay him to be the person to do this. Lots of coaches who are not nearly as good as Mike can get us close to the NCAAT but we pay him to push us over the top.

I don't want him fired by any stretch but he has not done the job so far. We are not a tourney team; we lack players; and we consistently are plagued by a lack of adjustments.

I am hopeful next year is better but to pin our hopes on incoming players (and someone compared Beard to Ennis earlier; sheesh) is a tough pill to swallow. We don't have anyone to replace Clarke and that is a big loss.
"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

ICEman

We need to have a fully developed half-court set for those away games in which the ball is not going through the steel-ring from the 7 meter mark.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

poloprince

Coty checked out last night and he is a captain is what I saw.
$PoLoPrInCe$

TrueBlue

Larry Brown has sure done a nice job in TWO years at a very nontraditional basketball school.

I know we beat them, but we did it at home without one of their best players. The key thing to remember is SMU deserved to be in the NCAA tourney and they are still in the NIT. We on the other hand are at home waiting for the next group of players to come in and show everyone that MA can coach. Starting to sound like the SEC's version of the Chicago Cubs. 

Question is: When IS IT the coaches fault when we play the way we do? Isn't it the coaches fault when we don't exploit a team's weakness? Isn't it a coaches fault when we are not playing with emotion and are not "up" for the game? Isn't it a coaches fault when we are not prepared with a game plan? The game was all on MA. That was the most uninspired, unprepared, lackadaisical showing I have seen in these three years in the first half. An embarrassment to what we deserve. Do I feel bad for blaming MA? No because with big paychecks ($2.2m) comes big responsibilities for showing results, not big excuses. 

Anxious to see the response from FCJ and the rest of the MA supporters this football season. 

razorback93

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 25, 2014, 01:14:17 am
I love the fact that Hogville thinks the players weren't fighting for it. We weren't hitting shots. I don't disagree completely with FCJ. Imagine if we had gone 4-12 from three in the first half, all of a sudden we're within 5 at the half.

Missing shots does not equal not trying. Hogville never seems to understand this.
I thought that about the Indiana State game.  Some people seemed to  be questioning the effort at the beginning, and I'm thinking "The only thing we are doing wrong is missing shots."  For a long time, I thought this team's biggest problem was "trying too hard", i.e. pressing.

Dr. Starcs

Paging Breems,

I thought nobody was saying what I predicted last night?

I give you fcj as exhibit A.

lookawayquick

This years Hogballers lacked a true leader.  When times got tough there was not "that guy" to lead them through it. I hope CMA is looking for that leader on the recruiting trail because at the moment there isn't one on the team.  Lack of leadership, weak defense and poor shooting will sink an "athletic" team every time. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hog1952 on March 25, 2014, 01:16:19 am
Spin it how you want but it was an utterly ridiculous and ugly game we played. Porter and Kingsley should be playing together especially tonight with there bigs out. Bad coaching.

Agenda much?: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=15931
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hoggish1

Unfortunately, Bill Walton, in his West Coast airhead quirky speaking style, got it right:

Loosely paraphrasing him: Arkansas is one of the most athletic teams you will see in college ball in America.  But it's not about running and jumping.  It's about running and jumping WITH SKILLS.

We are supposed to be about pressure and defense.  But we applied neither of those to Cal, last night.  Cal looked pretty common, but they whipped us with basic BB skills.

Hoggish1

Quote from: popcornhog on March 25, 2014, 12:44:51 am
It was probably some of both. The biggest factor was a very poor shooting night though.

It is on Mike to get them prepared to attack this zone right out of the gate though.

We look better than we did a year ago though and that's the bottom line in my book.

It looked as if we hadn't practiced since the last game. 

If all we did all week would have have been to practice dribbling full speed from one side of the court to the other, stopping, setting up and taking shots from wherever, we would have had better results last night than what we got.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Arky on March 25, 2014, 12:50:07 am
With a few exceptions he has refused to play Kingsley & Portis together all year.

True.  And I have seen nobody with an explanation for that.

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 25, 2014, 07:58:38 am
What South Carolina game where you watching? That game was not a blowout.
did not say south carolina was a blowout, said bama was a blowout.

bama blowout
lost to a horrible usc team
beat a mid major at home
cal blowout

is that better
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hog1952 on March 25, 2014, 12:54:36 am
MA got out coached bad!!

And Frank Martin did the same to him when we absolutely, positively had to have that game!  I know Mike is not a bad coach, so what gives?

JayBell

The double standard in the Anderson vs. the "players" argument is baffling.  "Anderson is a great coach!"  But, but, but, "it's still about the players."  And exactly what is Anderson's job?  It's his job to get the players ready to play.  That's what all good coaches do.  Not only that, but Anderson is the one recruiting the players.  If the players aren't performing, it's on Anderson.  He recruited them, he coaches them and he is their leader.  You can't just absolve Anderson of all blame every time the team lays an egg.

The absurdity of the double standard is increased when many of the posters making that argument criticize Bielema for every missed block, blown coverage, interception, dropped pass, etc. by the 100 players on the football team.  But Anderson deserves no blame for mistakes by the 15 basketball players?  That's a joke.

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 25, 2014, 12:57:16 am
they had wide open shots against that zone. and they also missed layups.and everybody but Portis was missing shots. that is not on the coach.  now it is on the coach to get better players that can make shots and are willing to play defense. 

Hold it right there:  If you think these kids aren't "willing" to play defense, you are crazy.  They just don't play skilled defense.  And they dodn't play skilled offense.  With their athleticism, practicing fundamentals of the game (cutting, slip screens, etc., this team, with it's athleticism would have been a joy to watch all the time, not just some of the time...

JayBell

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 25, 2014, 12:50:54 amAn 11 point loss on the road to a team as good as us is far from a train wreck.  More like scratching the fender.

"A team as good as us" who was without their one of their top 3-4 players.  Solomon was their top inside guy and their best rebounder.  Arkansas still lost the battle of the boards despite California being forced to go with a smaller lineup.  That in itself should be embarrassing.

Arkansas lost multiple games this season to teams missing one of their best players.  That should not happen.

JayBell

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on March 25, 2014, 07:12:45 amFCJ should be banned for bashing players. It's also stupid to put our hopes on incoming freshmen who are lower rated as recruits than the current players he says are subpar.

I think Anderson and the players deserve shared blame for all of the losses this season.  Its amazing how many more posts there are bashing the players when the team loses.  You get attacked for any critical analysis of players in wins, but its perfectly okay to lump all of the blame on the players after losses instead of acknowledging mistakes made by Anderson.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: JayBell on March 25, 2014, 10:00:39 am
"A team as good as us" who was without their one of their top 3-4 players.  Solomon was their top inside guy and their best rebounder.  Arkansas still lost the battle of the boards despite California being forced to go with a smaller lineup. That in itself should be embarrassing.

Arkansas lost multiple games this season to teams missing one of their best players.  That should not happen.

Eh, kind of a misleading stat. We missed 31 more shots than they did. Pretty easy to outrebound a team that does that. I think we had 16 offensive rebounds to only 5 for them.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

PonderinHog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 25, 2014, 10:07:34 am
Eh, kind of a misleading stat. We missed 31 more shots than they did. Pretty easy to outrebound a team that does that. I think we had 16 offensive rebounds to only 5 for them.
No need to rebound when the ball goes in the hole.

JayBell

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 25, 2014, 10:07:34 amEh, kind of a misleading stat. We missed 31 more shots than they did. Pretty easy to outrebound a team that does that. I think we had 16 offensive rebounds to only 5 for them.

Good point.

BigSexyHog

This game had nothing to do with coaching. this game had everything to do with not having enough good basketball players. when you score 6 points in the first 14 M of the half when you are getting wide open shots, that's on the players. Mike Anderson can't go out there and make shots for these guys. Bell as he has done all year, was missing the same open shots he was hitting against Ole Miss and ID-state.nobody but Portis could come close to making a shot.Problem 2. not being able to get stops on defense. even when you shoot bad, your defense has to be good enough to keep you in games. this team is not good on defense. hope to see improved defense next year with the players that are willing to work. Cal shot 55% from the field. that's not going to cut it.. problem 3. and this is the real deal folks. Mike Anderson has simply got to get better players than what he has.we have to hope that Beard,Babb Durham, Myles and Trey can help. i believe they all can. got to get guys who can put the ball in the hole, and are willing to play defense. it's on Mike Anderson to get those kind of players. and i think he will. Kingsley and Portis are the foundation for next year. both need to live in the weight Room. the off season program is going to be big. GO HOGS.
\

Way to throw the players under the bus there big guy... You are one class act aren't you.  One of the most worthless posters on this board and you are allowed to bash the players cause you say you support Mike Anderson. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HognotinMemphis

It is on the coach because he recruited them and allows them to take too many 3's and not work the offense long enough. Want to see how it should be done? Watch SMU. They work the ball forever and pass up decent shots to get GOOD shots. Have not seen Arkansas do that since the first half of the '90's.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: TrueBlue on March 25, 2014, 08:30:48 am
Larry Brown has sure done a nice job in TWO years at a very nontraditional basketball school.

I know we beat them, but we did it at home without one of their best players. The key thing to remember is SMU deserved to be in the NCAA tourney and they are still in the NIT. We on the other hand are at home waiting for the next group of players to come in and show everyone that MA can coach. Starting to sound like the SEC's version of the Chicago Cubs. 

Question is: When IS IT the coaches fault when we play the way we do? Isn't it the coaches fault when we don't exploit a team's weakness? Isn't it a coaches fault when we are not playing with emotion and are not "up" for the game? Isn't it a coaches fault when we are not prepared with a game plan? The game was all on MA. That was the most uninspired, unprepared, lackadaisical showing I have seen in these three years in the first half. An embarrassment to what we deserve. Do I feel bad for blaming MA? No because with big paychecks ($2.2m) comes big responsibilities for showing results, not big excuses. 

Anxious to see the response from FCJ and the rest of the MA supporters this football season.

And guess where the #2 recruit in the nation is going next year.

SMU.

Until we get a recruiter on this staff we will continue to be a bubble/NIT team.

-Blu

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 25, 2014, 10:23:37 am
\

Way to throw the players under the bus there big guy... You are one class act aren't you.  One of the most worthless posters on this board and you are allowed to bash the players cause you say you support Mike Anderson.

How was his post bashing players?  FCJ is a good poster and really passionate fan, I think most enjoy his posts and glad he's apart of the board.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 10:37:11 am
How was his post bashing players?  FCJ is a good poster and really passionate fan, I think most enjoy his posts and glad he's apart of the board.

I'm in the minority.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

If we had Cobbs from Cal as our point we would have 4 maybe 5 losses this year.  This team lacks a leader.  We have plenty of AAU type athletic talent, that doesn't translate into success.  One guy is all we need to bring this team together and until we get that guy, we will continue to play this way for years.

elksnort

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on March 25, 2014, 10:41:41 am
If we had Cobbs from Cal as our point we would have 4 maybe 5 losses this year.  This team lacks a leader.  We have plenty of AAU type athletic talent, that doesn't translate into success.  One guy is all we need to bring this team together and until we get that guy, we will continue to play this way for years.
Agree. It seems like at times Madden was playing this role, but not enough. We need a hard nosed point guard.

-Blu

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 25, 2014, 10:35:47 am

SMU.

Until we get a recruiter on this staff we will continue to be a bubble/NIT team.

You can't compare Larry Brown's situation to Mike Andersons.

1.  Larry Brown was able to clean house, when he first got there.  It was actually a pretty big deal and sportscenter reported on it, how he basically sent the majority of the team packing soon as he got there.  One kid even did an interview and said Brown basically told him he was gone because he wasn't good enough to play for him.  Mike came into a program with APR programs and down a scholarship, and had a recruiting class that didn't fit his system and if he didn't keep together the fan base would have went rabid on it.

2. SMU is in Dallas.  The Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington area probably produces more D1 athletes in 1 year than the entire state of Arkansas produces in 5 years combined.  Being a hall of fame coach in a basketball city, you don't have to be a great recruiter to get some guys there.  If you put Mike Anderson and this basketball team in Dallas right now, I guarantee you we would have more high profile recruits.

-Blu

razorhogLR

I disagree in a very fundamental way.  EVERYTHING  is based on coaching.  Coaches recruit players.  Coaches come up with offensive and defensive game plans.  Coaches should come up with backup plans.  Coaches are responsible for the mental states of their players, keeping them from getting too high or too low.  Mike has to take primary responsibility for our last four games. He also should get credit for the big wins over UK.  I'm optimistic that both he and our players will learn from this year and use it to take our game to the next level.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 10:37:11 am

Statements like "had nothing to do with coaching", "not having enough good players", and "has simply got to get better players" certainly seem to call out the existing players. 

Basketball is a team game.  The coaches lead the team.  It appears criticism of Anderson constitutes "bashing", therefore criticism of the players also means "bashing". 

At the end of the day, the players were missing open shots, while the coaches made little to no in-game adjustments until late in the game.  Additionally, the players weren't playing good defense, but again little to no in-game adjustments were made.  It was an ugly game, regardless of anyone's take on placing the blame.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 25, 2014, 10:35:47 am

SMU.

73 year old former head coach comes out of long retirement and immediately gets commitment from Parade and McDonald's All-American Keith Frazier, runs off 3 of the 5 starters from year before to start from scratch, and goes 15-17 in first season. Second season, finishes 3rd in AAC behind Cinn and Louisville and is into quarters of the NIT after being snubbed by NCAAT, and is currently 25-9. Also, same 73 yr old head coach signs top PG in the country for next season, Emmanuel Mudiay. SMU went 9-1 in renovated Moody Coliseum with the only loss to Louisville, the defending national champs. Every game was sold out and every game had any or all of President and Mrs. Bush, Mark Cuban, Jason Garrett, Deion Sanders (his son plays football for SMU) Troy Aikman, Jerry Jones, and multiple NBA stars in attendance. In other words, a lot of energy around the program.

Meanwhile, back in the Ozarks, we get to watch a team that looks like it is running plays I used to set up for my Boys' Club team during high school and playing defense worse than we played then, in our new head coach's 3rd season. Missed the NCAAT for 5th or 6th year in a row primarily due to losing their last two games vs the two worst teams in the SEC, one on a neutral court. Then to top it all off, this team goes down miserably to an undermanned team they had played earlier this season.

Carry on. There is always next year, right?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 10:44:38 am

1.  Larry Brown was able to clean house, when he first got there.  It was actually a pretty big deal and sportscenter reported on it, how he basically sent the majority of the team packing soon as he got there.  One kid even did an interview and said Brown basically told him he was gone because he wasn't good enough to play for him.  Mike came into a program with APR programs and down a scholarship, and had a recruiting class that didn't fit his system and if he didn't keep together the fan base would have went rabid on it.

2. SMU is in Dallas.  The Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington area probably produces more D1 athletes in 1 year than the entire state of Arkansas produces in 5 years combined.  Being a hall of fame coach in a basketball city, you don't have to be a great recruiter to get some guys there.  If you put Mike Anderson and this basketball team in Dallas right now, I guarantee you we would have more high profile recruits.
Hold on a tic...this is the first time I've ever heard Dallas called a basketball city. First time in 30+ years of my adulthood. And SMU certainly is no basketball school. Had a few good years back in early '80's and that is it. 70+ yr old former head coach comes out of retirement and immediately turns around the program in 2 years.

Not identical situations but I do not believe mike anderson is capable of doing at SMU what Brown did do in 2 years.

bigredone

They missed layups in the first half, too. It was not all three pointers and guards. For whatever reason they could not throw it in the ocean and for Cal it was like that was all they had to do.

The defense turned them over in the first half, I think it was 9 times. How many points did we get off of those turnovers? That is where we failed, we were unable to put the ball in the bucket in the first half. Hitting two or three more shots early would have made a huge difference in this game. Most of our turnovers in the first half were a result of playing hot potato with the ball because no one including Portis in the middle of the first half believed they could put a shot down.

Hell, they even kept rebounding close. The only thing lacking in this game was hitting open shots.

DoctorSusscrofa

Once more people claim recruiting good players has nothing to do with coaching.  We made some progress this year, but recruiting definitely DOES have to do with coaching, no matter what FCJ says.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

ishankem

what I saw last night looked like a bunch of 4x400 meter track and field runners trying their hand at playing BB. (and not doing a very good job at it)

Kevin

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 10:44:38 am

if with all the money, and facilities, arkansas cannot out recruit smu, then it is time to cut some funds and go to conference usa.

bottom line is, larry brown builts & runs a program way better than coach anderson. yes, i know, he cheats

man, i am tired of all the excuses of why the program is not where it should be by year 3. ( by my expectations)

Mick Hogger

Quote from: -Blu on March 25, 2014, 10:45:38 am
You just now realizing that my friend  :)

The minority isn't as small as you'd like to believe.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

OLDHOG

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on March 25, 2014, 12:53:18 am
Shooting %, terrible shot selection, sketchy and head scratchingly bad defense... you name it, it was a train wreck.

This is a mediocre Cal team, without one of if not their BEST player. In the NIT.

Losing is not acceptable, especially in that fashion.

This is NOT good basketball. Good grief. Wake the hell up.
Yep

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Kevin on March 25, 2014, 11:01:53 am
if with all the money, and facilities, arkansas cannot out recruit smu, then it is time to cut some funds and go to conference usa.

bottom line is, larry brown builts & runs a program way better than coach anderson. yes, i know, he cheats

man, i am tired of all the excuses of why the program is not where it should be by year 3. ( by my expectations)
Excellent points. We've been to multiple FF's, won a NC and been to NCAAT more times in one decade than has SMU in its history. They have a 7,000 seat arena and Hogs have a 20,000 seat arena. They have Dallas, Hogs have Walton's, Tyson's, Hunt's and thousands of other Walmart and Tyson's millionaires.

Always excuses that help some rationalize and get on with their week without having to slit their wrists.

hogman99

Quote from: Otis on March 25, 2014, 12:54:35 am
The problem is, I don't see us doing one thing that shows us being a well coached team.

We don't shoot well
We don't rebound well
We don't play good defense
We don't have any identity on offense
We don't recruit well

What do we do that shows any semblance of being a well coached team? I honestly would like to know.

Agree with this post.  I am afraid the Ole Miss game gave everyone falsh hope.  We will have a few (2-3) games like that each year, but I am more concerned about what do we do when it is not going that way. 

The road game at Kentucky was a great example of our team being prepared and ready to play when things don't go our way. This gives me hope that we can overcome things, but we must continue to work on that everyday.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: poloprince on March 25, 2014, 08:12:14 am
Coty checked out last night and he is a captain is what I saw.

Clarke only got 13 minutes last night. Against a 3-2 zone, Clarke's ability to stretch the defense is pretty ineffective.

Bell & Qualls shot a combined 4-20 from the floor, and 1-10 from outside. Each played 25 minutes last night. That'll usually equate to a loss.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

lc480

What makes no sense is to press all over the court and then let them get by the defender and shoot a layup, just a wasted effort. The problem with our press is that if the other team has good guards its not effective.