Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

0-2 vs California this year. Here are the stats...warning!! It is ugly.

Started by HognotinMemphis, March 25, 2014, 12:25:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Hogs' FG%: .325
CA's FG%:  .553

Hogs' 3 pt %: .167 (4 of 24)
CA's 3 pt %:   .429 (6 of 14)

CA outrebounded Hogs 42-38

CA assists: 22
Hogs assists: 13

Only stat Hogs outperformed CA was turnovers. But Hogs shot so poorly it did not matter.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 25, 2014, 12:25:09 am

Only stat Hogs outperformed CA was turnovers. But Hogs shot so poorly it did not matter.

The shooting was ugly, that was it.  You forgot to mention that in the offensive rebound category we led 16-3.  They only had more rebounds because we had 31 more shots.  Rebounding was no problem tonight.  I'll throw in some more:

Steals

Ark 5
Cal 4

Blocks

Ark 4
Cal 3

Adam Stokes

Quote from: tkclark on March 25, 2014, 12:31:09 am
How about the most important stat, the final score?

"We need to score more points than them" isn't exactly a great analysis.  It would make for a good timeout soundbyte, "Come on guys!  They are scoring more points than us!  We need to score more!  1,2,3 BREAK!"

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

tkclark

No I just like winning and this team is into moral victories.  You want to point out a steals margin lead of 1, and block margin lead of 1....  Really?  Does everyone get a trophy as well?  How in the hell do those things mean anything relative to actually winning when our coach can't make any on the fly adjustments, never thought to attack the paint with consistency when Cal has depth issues with their bigs?  Just let the shots keep flying and hope it all works out.  Moral victories are worthless.  At least another season of mediocre is over. 

Adam Stokes

Quote from: tkclark on March 25, 2014, 12:42:43 am
No I just like winning and this team is into moral victories.  You want to point out a steals margin lead of 1, and block margin lead of 1....  Really?  Does everyone get a trophy as well?  How in the hell do those things mean anything relative to actually winning when our coach can't make any on the fly adjustments, never thought to attack the paint with consistency when Cal has depth issues with their bigs?  Just let the shots keep flying and hope it all works out.  Moral victories are worthless.  At least another season of mediocre is over. 

I guess if your toddler falls over trying to walk and you wife smiles you yell at her for praising a moral victory.  We have to have better vision.  The SEC will improve next year and teams with a 10-8 record will likely be safe and dancing.  We have been improving each year and have most of our pieces coming back next year.  Baby steps...

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: tkclark on March 25, 2014, 12:42:43 am

You're the only one ascribing the term "moral victories" to taking something positive out of a game. The game sucked, but to act as if there is nothing to build on and that we were outplayed in every facet of the game is too polar.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 25, 2014, 12:29:27 am
The shooting was ugly, that was it.  You forgot to mention that in the offensive rebound category we led 16-3.  They only had more rebounds because we had 31 more shots.  Rebounding was no problem tonight.  I'll throw in some more:

Steals

Ark 5
Cal 4

Blocks

Ark 4
Cal 3

Isn't there a direct correlation between making shots and scoring points?

hawg IQ

Maybe they get coached to do this, but all season long they have ran down and shot the ball way too quickly.
  Its like no one knows the right shot to take. Not all the player, but a few guys comes off the bench and like some wild youth center kid, just wants to just show off.

The other part this team plays poor defense and don't have many quality shooters. post players may be part of the future, but now play a little better than average, if that. so decent year, everyone hoping next years better.
go hogs go !

Speedracer

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 25, 2014, 12:29:27 am

Steals

Ark 5
Cal 4

Blocks

Ark 4
Cal 3

Unfortunately shooting is a pretty significant part of basketball. 
Like smites bother me.

GS99

I didn't watch the game.  It started at 11 my time.  I was going to watch it this morning without knowing what happened, but I cheated and looked at the result.

The highlights had lots of Cal layups with Razorbacks jogging behind them or not even in the picture.  Was not getting back a big problem or was that just what showed up in the highlights?

Lanny

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 25, 2014, 12:25:09 am

Arkansas has struggled on the road shooting the basketball
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

WilsonHog

Quote from: Lanny on March 25, 2014, 01:19:36 pm
Arkansas has struggled on the road shooting the basketball

Agreed. If we had shot even 40%, we very likely would have won. The rebounding was almost even, we turned them over 16 times, and we got about 30 more shots than they did.