Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 06:57:50 pm

Grading CMA, the sequel

Started by Tooth, March 24, 2014, 11:50:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Season's over. What's his grade?

A -- National Champions, baby!
B -- What a run! We're so close, Chuck!
C -- Average. That could have gone better.
D -- Not good enough.
F -- Horrible.

Tooth

An A for a deep NCAAT run. That didn't happen.
A B for an NCAAT bid and at least one win.
A C if you're average. Anybody should be able to get a C.
A D if you aren't very good. Sorry, folks, losing to mediocre teams in three of your last four doesn't impress me.
An F if you have a losing season.

Sorry, I still think it's a D. The hot streak was fool's gold.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Tooth on March 24, 2014, 11:50:56 pm
An A for a deep NCAAT run. That didn't happen.
A B for an NCAAT bid and at least one win.
A C if you're average. Anybody should be able to get a C.
A D if you aren't very good. Sorry, folks, losing to mediocre teams in three of your last four doesn't impress me.
An F if you have a losing season.

Sorry, I still think it's a D. The hot streak was fool's gold.

I would say C on the overall season as in average

Atlhogfan1

An end of season wrap up shouldn't have been sent to vents and rumors.  Had the season not ended in what is becoming a trend with Anderson teams, this thread would be in JB. 

C although it is being somewhat generous.  Recruiting is a D.  Off the court is still incomplete.  Could be a D or F depending on what happens in the coming weeks. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 25, 2014, 01:25:23 pm
An end of season wrap up shouldn't have been sent to vents and rumors.  Had the season not ended in what is becoming a trend with Anderson teams, this thread would be in JB. 

C although it is being somewhat generous.  Recruiting is a D.  Off the court is still incomplete.  Could be a D or F depending on what happens in the coming weeks. 

Atl, they like to send Tooth threads here and its BS

Dr Swineglove

We had about a two week- run of excitement punctuating a bunch of ho-hum.  Still that's a bit better than most seasons the last 15 or so years.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Deep Shoat

D

Other than a hot streak, we were consistently inconsistent and just plain mediocre. Our record looks ok, but that happens when you play a bunch of nobodies out of conference.
All Gas, No Brakes!

tophawg19

c- . they fell apart at the end of the season . He can't get them playing . would have been a D except for the two Kentucky wins and the close loss to Florida .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HouseOfHam

TruthHog

Why? Because you say so, band nerd?
Calmer than you are.

Adam Stokes

March 26, 2014, 01:20:29 pm #9 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:31:31 pm by Adam Stokes
Quote from: TruthHog on March 26, 2014, 12:37:40 pm
Why? Because you say so, band nerd?

There are ways to start threads about being disappointed/upset that can still be respectful.  You could tell right off the bat there was nothing respectful about this thread and it was just used as an outlet to b!tch and moan.  The Mods have been looking to keep it respectful so that after a loss we don't have threads like this one which it's only real purpose is to be sent as a link to other message boards with the OP titled "LOL Hogville in full meltdown mode."

The best part is that Tooth sends me a personal message telling me to "Grow up" and then has his inbox set to "can't receive messages," so he can make comments from a distance without having to man up/worry about getting a response back.  If you are having multiple threads being moved and tell someone else to "grow up," you probably need to look in the mirror and make some changes.

tophawg19

Adam you say this wasn't '' respectful. I find that odd since  there are T.V station sports shows running the same poll . just having threads moved simply means a MOD may dislike you . or they are in the wrong forum. It's more M.A for president fans that cause issues to me. Most on here know we are still a struggling team who at times looked better and at times played some of the worst basketball I've seen .  After 3 Years MA deserves a C or C- and I bet he would tell you the same thing . We have too many on here who put the coach ahead of the team. Saint MA if you will . And then we have the '' I HATE MA ' fans . Both of these are the issues but the poll is fair and justified

Adam Stokes

I don't think the poll itself was necessarily the problem.  There is no problem with an A,B,C,D,F poll, it was the comments he had after.

A -- National Champions, baby!
B -- What a run! We're so close, Chuck!
C -- Average. That could have gone better.
D -- Not good enough.
F -- Horrible.

Those were where the problems were, where each answer was negative and condescending to the work the team put in all season.  The TV stations didn't run the same poll because those weren't condescending.  There is a big difference between, "I'm tired of the same old $h!t" and "if MA keep this us I don't see him being retained after next year."  If threads are along the lines of the former they will keep getting moved, as they should, because it will just lead to people acting stupid and sending out cheap shots, as you could see even in parts of this thread with the "band nerd".

pigture perfect

Plain ole C. That's being positive.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

tophawg19

the comments could have been better . A-- best we could have done - great year B --- good job overall and a good season.  C - too many ups and downs by team/coach could have been better . D-- not a good year coaching wasn't good enough D-- coach did a poor job preparing the team to play and getting the best out of them

TruthHog

I call BS. Someone's just got it in for 'ol Tooth. He's had reasonable threads derailed by Anderson fanboys. The first poll thread got some folks' panties in a bunch when the team had a three-week run of wins and got totally deleted. Over 10 pages long, and a lot of people into it. Or the "Defending critical posters" thread, a lot of people were commenting rationally and positively. It's the inmates running the asylum. Guys like Adam just come in a vomit on a thread and it's gone. Some of the mods hide behind total anonymity and are judge, jury, executioner. Hogville's got a serious credibility problem.
Calmer than you are.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: TruthHog on March 26, 2014, 03:37:58 pm
I call BS. Someone's just got it in for 'ol Tooth. He's had reasonable threads derailed by Anderson fanboys. The first poll thread got some folks' panties in a bunch when the team had a three-week run of wins and got totally deleted. Over 10 pages long, and a lot of people into it. Hogville's got a serious credibility problem.

He had four straight threads deleted because the first was like this one (not too bad but enough to be moved,) then when it got moved he made like three more just bashing the mods because he was pissed that the Mods moved the first one.  I didn't see the ten-page thread so I'm not sure how productive that one was, but when you start threads where the only intent is to kind of bash Anderson but moreso bash the Mod's because you are upset they they moved a thread, it happens.  Just being civil and treating people like a human being is enough to keep any thread going, his threads either started out not doing such or invited enough divisiveness from other poster's to warrant the move.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: TruthHog on March 26, 2014, 03:37:58 pm
I call BS. Someone's just got it in for 'ol Tooth. He's had reasonable threads derailed by Anderson fanboys. The first poll thread got some folks' panties in a bunch when the team had a three-week run of wins and got totally deleted. Over 10 pages long, and a lot of people into it. Or the "Defending critical posters" thread, a lot of people were commenting rationally and positively. It's the inmates running the asylum. Guys like Adam just come in a vomit on a thread and it's gone. Some of the mods hide behind total anonymity and are judge, jury, executioner. Hogville's got a serious credibility problem.

Tooth has been unjustly singled out by guys like Adam and others mods that let others break the rules and have an agenda against Tooth and others while others break rules all the time

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 25, 2014, 01:25:23 pm

Yes it should have certainly be allowed to stay bc it was a legendary topic that flowed throughout the conference season

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 26, 2014, 03:46:47 pm
He had four straight threads deleted because the first was like this one (not too bad but enough to be moved,) then when it got moved he made like three more just bashing the mods because he was pissed that the Mods moved the first one.  I didn't see the ten-page thread so I'm not sure how productive that one was, but when you start threads where the only intent is to kind of bash Anderson but moreso bash the Mod's because you are upset they they moved a thread, it happens.  Just being civil and treating people like a human being is enough to keep any thread going, his threads either started out not doing such or invited enough divisiveness from other poster's to warrant the move.

Wrong Answer

TheRazorbackGuy

TheRazorbackGuy