Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best thing about this team tonight

Started by popcornhog, March 24, 2014, 11:03:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

They've shot as badly as any team I've ever seen.

And they aren't giving up. Seriously still scrapping, playing D, and starting to make a shot or two.

I'm proud of this team as putrid as it's looked early.
WPS

cardsNhogs

stormyhog

I'm with ya!!  All the whiners in the game thread should go cheer for some other team

popcornhog

Quote from: stormyhog on March 24, 2014, 11:08:54 pm
I'm with ya!!  All the whiners I the game thread should go cheer for some other team

Don't get me wrong, this shooting is pathetic and frankly, embarrassing. There's plenty to complain about.

But they aren't giving up. And this one game (or even the hand full of crap games this year) doesn't mean somehow that we didn't improve at all this year. I just don't get that thought process.

And we are still playing hard. That does impress me.
WPS

Danny J

I am telling you that we can come back and win this game. Did not feel that way at Bama.

Cal is not that good without those two bigs down low. We should own them in the paint and pass out high when they double. Got to make shots. We are getting good looks but they got to fall.

Hoggish1

Quote from: popcornhog on March 24, 2014, 11:03:40 pm
They've shot as badly as any team I've ever seen.

And they aren't giving up. Seriously still scrapping, playing D, and starting to make a shot or two.

I'm proud of this team as putrid as it's looked early.

I said, with seven minutes to go, that I'd see it to the half and turn in.  But the last three minutes made me change my mind.  But, I was soooo close...

They can't shoot that poorly in the 2nd half.  I'll hang in there a little longer.

HognotinMemphis

I do not think they want any part of SMU at Moody Coliseum and that killed their spirit before they left the locker room. They knew SMU won that game over LSU. Hence the horrific start. Never seen shooting this bad...ever.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Tick Hog

Do you guys own a bunch of 5th and 6th place ribbons? We are getting blown off the floor and you are praising for good defense?? Really??

popcornhog

Quote from: tick hog on March 24, 2014, 11:14:09 pm
Do you guys own a bunch of 5th and 6th place ribbons? We are getting blown off the floor and you are praising for good defense?? Really??

Nobody has asked for an award.

However, looking to the future, it's incredibly positive to see a team shooting this poorly, down this much on the road, not giving up. It says that they have completely bought in.

I know you'll probably be upset if we come back -- but we're still in this game and we could've easily packed it in around the 10:00 mark.
WPS

hogfan10

Quote from: popcornhog on March 24, 2014, 11:11:13 pm
Don't get me wrong, this shooting is pathetic and frankly, embarrassing. There's plenty to complain about.

But they aren't giving up. And this one game (or even the hand full of crap games this year) doesn't mean somehow that we didn't improve at all this year. I just don't get that thought process.

And we are still playing hard. That does impress me.

Any improvements we've made over last year have been minimal. For whatever reason, we are unable to build on any successes we might of had in a previous game. It appears we are not capable of any retention, at least in regards to the aspects of a game that we do well. If we rebound well in game x, we will get dominated on the boards in the next game. We seem to be starting over with each additional game we play, we can't hang our hat on anything from game to game.

Tick Hog

Quote from: popcornhog on March 24, 2014, 11:17:43 pm
Nobody has asked for an award.

However, looking to the future, it's incredibly positive to see a team shooting this poorly, down this much on the road, not giving up. It says that they have completely bought in.

I know you'll probably be upset if we come back -- but we're still in this game and we could've easily packed it in around the 10:00 mark.
Again you're wrong I would love a win. You praise a team for effort in year 1 it's year 3!! I'm tired of people catching crap for not being true fans if they aren't holding hands and skipping around with Anderson. If the kids have completely bought in like you say then we need a new system. It's time to win or not nothing else matters.

popcornhog

Quote from: tick hog on March 25, 2014, 12:00:27 am
Again you're wrong I would love a win. You praise a team for effort in year 1 it's year 3!! I'm tired of people catching crap for not being true fans if they aren't holding hands and skipping around with Anderson. If the kids have completely bought in like you say then we need a new system. It's time to win or not nothing else matters.

Of course. That's why I'm happy about the improvement and the prospect of more improvement.
WPS

hogginbama

Man you are the unhappy one. It must be truly sad to know all that you know and be as unhappy as you are.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

HognotinMemphis

Hmmm...some post deletions here in this thread. Typical.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

popcornhog

By the way, nobody has praised this team tonight.
WPS

panhandlepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 24, 2014, 11:13:14 pm
I do not think they want any part of SMU at Moody Coliseum and that killed their spirit before they left the locker room. They knew SMU won that game over LSU. Hence the horrific start. Never seen shooting this bad...ever.

Do you really think that's what was in their heads or are you just being sarcastic or making a lame joke? Do you really think they were thinking "Oh noes, we have to play SMU so let's lose to CAL"? That's funny. Agree on the shooting but come on...

Hog1952

Tick Hog

Quote from: hogginbama on March 25, 2014, 12:18:48 am
Man you are the unhappy one. It must be truly sad to know all that you know and be as unhappy as you are.
I am very unhappy with the basketball program right now. I don't know anything other than I'm ready to win and be relevant again. I will say that to my very untrained eye I don't understand our System at all. I hear people talking about it all the time but all I see is street ball with shooting 3's that we can shoot.

Sivad

Tick Hog

Quote from: popcornhog on March 25, 2014, 12:19:58 am
Quote from: popcornhog on March 25, 2014, 12:19:58 am
You sounded so excited in your first post