Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sagarin says Hogs are 1 point favorites at Cal

Started by WizardofhOgZ, March 23, 2014, 10:34:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

March 23, 2014, 10:34:13 pm Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:39:32 pm by WizardofhOgZ
Look at his Predictor ratings, and then add the home court advantage on to Cal's rating.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/sagarin/2014/team/

Should be a close game.  If we can avoid the 6 minute scoring droughts, I like our chances.

jkstock04

Also how physical the refs allow the game to be always seems to be a huge factor for us...if they are whistle happy it's a for sure loss. Our style of play can't contend with it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Danny J

All depends on how the game is called and I like the idea of having refs we don't use in the SEC season. I also like the idea that their missing two bigs and likely will have a sparse crowd for a 8pm tip on Monday. I think those are the biggest factor.

I also pray to dear baby Jesus that Bill Walton is not calling the game. 

High Octane Hog

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 23, 2014, 10:44:26 pm
All depends on how the game is called and I like the idea of having refs we don't use in the SEC season. I also like the idea that their missing two bigs and likely will have a sparse crowd for a 8pm tip on Monday. I think those are the biggest factor.

Is it 8pm our time or theirs?

HawgnCorona

I read on one of their sties where Bill is going to color commentate.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

bigredone

Bill is not so bad. You just have to remember that he was a wannabe hippy back in the day and realize he probably burned out his mind with ganja and possibly acid. When he goes off on a tangent think about having to live with the flashbacks from dropping acid during Greatful Dead concerts.

Danny J

Danny J

Quote from: bigredone on March 23, 2014, 11:51:20 pm
Bill is not so bad. You just have to remember that he was a wannabe hippy back in the day and realize he probably burned out his mind with ganja and possibly acid. When he goes off on a tangent think about having to live with the flashbacks from dropping acid during Greatful Dead concerts.
Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 23, 2014, 11:47:11 pm
I read on one of their sties where Bill is going to color commentate.
But didn't we all do that?  ;)

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Wahls

I find Walton to be hilarious and incredibly entertaining. I HOPE he does color commentary for our game.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Danny J

Quote from: Wahls on March 24, 2014, 02:19:54 am
I find Walton to be hilarious and incredibly entertaining. I HOPE he does color commentary for our game.
I can't stand to listen to his west coast bias and only find it tolerable when I am pulling for a team he is pulling for. Trust me.....he will for sure 100% be slanted towards Cal and it will show immediately.

dhornjr1

All depends on how the game is called and I like the idea of having refs we don't use in the SEC season.

If the game is called like the Wichita State/Kentucky game, both teams will be beat to death.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 24, 2014, 02:24:03 am
I can't stand to listen to his west coast bias and only find it tolerable when I am pulling for a team he is pulling for. Trust me.....he will for sure 100% be slanted towards Cal and it will show immediately.
He seemed to favor Lsu vs San Fran last week fwiw.

I love Bill Walton. He's kind of like Bob Knight, you can't put them on any important games, but they are a nice side show for the otherwise meaningless ones.

dhornjr1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 24, 2014, 03:29:25 am
He seemed to favor Lsu vs San Fran last week fwiw.

I love Bill Walton. He's kind of like Bob Knight, you can't put them on any important games, but they are a nice side show for the otherwise meaningless ones.

One of his sons (Adam) played for Dale Brown at LSU. Maybe that has something to do with it.

YouCrawl_IQuall

AloRaptor

Wahls

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 24, 2014, 02:24:03 am

Whoops.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.