Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richard Solomon out vs. Hogs

Started by arkansasrazorback, March 23, 2014, 07:01:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansasrazorback

Bob Holt ‏@BobHoltADG  4m
Cal Coach Mike Montgomery said today center Richard Solomon (11 pts, 10.2 rebs per game) won't play vs Hogs because of concussion.

Smithian

Bad break for the kids.

Good break for the Hogs.

Beat them down.

Dirty

Oh well!  If it helps us then so be it.

Fayettechill14

They've still got some bigs, but this really helps our chances. No excuses for getting demolished on the boards now!

Dr. Starcs

TheArkansasTraveller

Hate it for the player, but he absolutely owned us last time.  Everytime we made a streak he would stop  us. 

mjsphd

Solomon's back-up is out as well:

"Cal was already without Solomon's backup, 7-footer Kameron Rooks, who is on crutches after a season-ending left foot injury sustained in late February".

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: mjsphd on March 23, 2014, 07:25:26 pm

"Cal was already without Solomon's backup, 7-footer Kameron Rooks, who is on crutches after a season-ending left foot injury sustained in late February".
Getting my hopes up!

pigroots

Hope this doesn't create any kind of overconfidence. I believe this team plays better when they play with a chip on their shoulder

Fayettechill14

Quote from: mjsphd on March 23, 2014, 07:25:26 pm

Well, Rooks was averaging 1.3 ppg in just 7 minutes per game, so I doubt he would have much of an effect anyway. The guy that could really kill us (Kravish) is healthy. But I do like our chances.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Dirty on March 23, 2014, 07:03:57 pm
Oh well!  If it helps us then so be it.

It is part of the game...We had two suspended while playing LSU on the road. Frick'em.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HawgnCorona

Coachjy

Could be a break for the Hogs. For once we will have the bigger team on the floor. Still will probably get out rebounded :(

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-s-Richard-Solomon-still-out-with-concussion-5342783.php

Wild Bill Hog

I'll believe Solomon doesn't play when he doesn't.

High Octane Hog

HawgnCorona

True but you know that concussions are a serious injuries nowadays.

claycohog

He won't play because he doesn't want to play.  He claims to have a concussion that is not basketball related and is a Sr.  I think he is done because he has chosen to be done.

Hoggish1

But, will I make it to 11PM EST to see us blow them away...?   :)

three hog night

This is good news.  I just hope that we don't get cocky.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

razorbackchamps94

Him playing or not .. It's still a road game ...

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on March 24, 2014, 09:59:43 am
Him playing or not .. It's still a road game ...

Yep. If we have an Alabama first half, we will be done.

three hog night

Quote from: Coachjy on March 23, 2014, 10:18:45 pm
Could be a break for the Hogs. For once we will have the bigger team on the floor. Still will probably get out rebounded :(

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-s-Richard-Solomon-still-out-with-concussion-5342783.php

a few quotes of concern....

"The good news, if it can be considered such, is that the Bears played nearly the entire second half without Solomon (corneal abrasion) when they beat Arkansas 85-77 in the Maui Invitational on Nov. 25.

"We did a good job of moving the ball last time," Montgomery said. "We took what was available. We're going to take advantage and pass the ball up the floor."

"They play really fast and like to press," Bird said, adding the Bears have to "play smart, don't let the pressure ... take us out of the game. We handled it well (before). It adds confidence to our team knowing we beat them without Richard."

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

3kgthog

Our press doesn't give many teams actual problems. One or two passes are usually all it takes to break it. It only runs a few seconds off the clock and forces them to use a smidgen more energy. So, their coach has a reason to be confident. They should get a few easy buckets out of it along with a dump truck load of FTs.

DeltaBoy

Good break for us bad for the kid.  GO HOGS!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Breems

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 24, 2014, 10:17:12 am
Our press doesn't give many teams actual problems. One or two passes are usually all it takes to break it. It only runs a few seconds off the clock and forces them to use a smidgen more energy. So, their coach has a reason to be confident. They should get a few easy buckets out of it along with a dump truck load of FTs.

It's given 22 teams problems thus far.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

60 Minutes of Hell

Don't forget we basically played without Portis/Kingsley in that Maui loss.  So it's not just subtracting their bigs, it's adding ours.
What a fool I used to be.

hawgmasta

Quote from: 60 Minutes of Hell on March 24, 2014, 01:06:52 pm
Don't forget we basically played without Portis/Kingsley in that Maui loss.  So it's not just subtracting their bigs, it's adding ours.

Yeah, I'd definitely say were playing better and more as a team, except for Alabama and south Carolina lol. Other than that if we can just get one guy making shots fall all night we got this.

opineonswine

deserthog

I just hope it's not like a library and  nobody attends the game.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 24, 2014, 10:17:12 am

You're right, if we were 2nd in the NCAA in turnovers forced or something then I might think our press worked.

opineonswine

axedawg

Great news!  Only 23-6 Cal!   :puke:

Wild Bill Hog