Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your first team all-hog team (skill positions)

Started by Sweet Feet, March 23, 2014, 06:00:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

Mines:
Qb- Mallett
RB- Dmac
RB- alworth
FB - hillis
WR-hatfield
WR-dicus
WR-hamilton
TE-Dj williams
PR/KR - Adams

Whats yours?

old hog

March 23, 2014, 08:14:26 pm #1 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:26:04 pm by old hog
Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 23, 2014, 06:00:25 pm
Mines:
Qb- Mallett
RB- Dmac
RB- alworth
FB - hillis
WR-hatfield
WR-dicus
WR-hamilton
TE-Dj williams
PR/KR - Adams

Whats yours?

FYI, Hatfield did not play WR for the hogs. He was a PR. The WR's on that team were Bobby Crockett and Jerry Lamb. Try this website, cool one for Hog depth charts over the years.

http://www.fanbase.com/Arkansas-Razorbacks-Football-1964/roster

And I would have to go with Joe Ferguson at QB.

LZH

I still think Childs may have been the best receiver Arkansas ever had if he had stayed healthy (and I'm not necessarily talking about stats).

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: old hog on March 23, 2014, 08:14:26 pm
FYI on your post about "all time Hog team", Hatfield did not play WR for the hogs. He was a PR. The WR's on that team were Bobby Crockett and Jerry Lamb. Try this website, cool one for Hog depth charts over the years.

FYI, Hatfield did not play WR for the hogs. He was a PR. The WR's on that team were Bobby Crockett and Jerry Lamb. Try this website, cool one for Hog depth charts over the years.

http://www.fanbase.com/Arkansas-Razorbacks-Football-1964/roster

FYI Hatfield was a starting DB, along with returning kicks
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

old hog

Quote from: SSJ on March 23, 2014, 08:21:43 pm
FYI Hatfield was a starting DB, along with returning kicks
My bad, he did along with Harry Jones. A lot of them played both sides of the ball back then.

bigred223

QB- Mallett
RB- DMAC
RB- Felix
FB- Hillis
WR- Matt Jones
WR- Greg Childs
WR- Anthony Lucas
TE- DJ Williams
PR/KR- Joe Adams

EastexHawg

QB RyanMallett, Bill Montgomery, Matt Jones
RB Darren McFadden, Lance Alworth, Ben Cowins, Dickey Morton
WR Chuck Dicus, Anthony Lucas, Jarius Wright
TE D.J. Williams

Andrew Hogfan

QB- Mallett
RB- Dmac
FB- Hillis
WR- J.Wright
WR- A.Lucas
TE-Williams
PR-J.Adams
WPS!!!

redeye

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 23, 2014, 06:00:25 pm
Mines:
Qb- Mallett
RB- Dmac
RB- alworth
FB - hillis
WR-hatfield
WR-dicus
WR-hamilton
TE-Dj williams
PR/KR - Adams

Whats yours?

I'd go with Barry Foster at FB and Childs in place of Hamilton at WR.

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Wahls

On an aside, can you imagine how nasty Matt Jones would have been if he'd have shared a backfield with McFadden, Jones, and Hillis?

gawd
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Ugly Uncle

How does Derek Russell not make top 3 at WR?
Retired Radio Host

thefisher

A little old school but shouldn't Joe Ferguson get some attention at QB?
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Steef

Quote from: thefisher on March 24, 2014, 06:57:01 am

My first choice. Mallett would be third.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 23, 2014, 08:16:34 pm
I still think Childs may have been the best receiver Arkansas ever had if he had stayed healthy (and I'm not necessarily talking about stats).
Better than monk?

old hog

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 24, 2014, 10:30:04 am
Better than monk?
Faster, Monk was a great possession receiver, but Childs had that speed and yards after catch ability.

regi

QB-Wilson
Option QB- Matt Jones
TB-DMAC
All Purpose- Gary Anderson (faster, quicker then Felix)
WR-Jay Wright
WR-Anthony Lucas
TE DJ Williams

EastexHawg

Quote from: thefisher on March 24, 2014, 06:57:01 am

Joe was our best pro QB to date and had one really good year as a Hog...but for his career he threw 24 TD passes and 32 interceptions.  He was benched at the end of his senior season in favor of Scott Bull, who led us to a win in Lubbock against Tech and eventually to a top ten finish as a senior.

His legend has grown over the years to the point that it far exceeds his accomplishments as a Razorback.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 24, 2014, 11:51:01 am
Joe was our best pro QB to date and had one really good year as a Hog...but for his career he threw 24 TD passes and 32 interceptions.  He was benched at the end of his senior season in favor of Scott Bull, who led us to a win in Lubbock against Tech and eventually to a top ten finish as a senior.

His legend has grown over the years to the point that it far exceeds his accomplishments as a Razorback.

In Joe's senior season we had zip, nada, nothing for run blocking or running backs due to injury and other factors.  Teams simply dropped back into zone coverage and waited.  Coach Broyles also stated in OH's bool that poor recruiting led to the 1972 disaster.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

TOM "tbw1"

EastexHawg, not trying to derail a thread, but how would you compare Bill Montgomery as an on the field leader to Joe Ferguson?
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

TOM "tbw1"

Steef

Also... Joe didn't have a Monk, Childs or Wright to throw to. And Frank hated to call a pass play.