Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

247 rates our FB commits #10 in the Nation

Started by three hog night, March 20, 2014, 01:52:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

three hog night

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

SouthSide Johnny

A long long way from signing day and #6 in the SEC early.
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Squealers

Quote from: SSJ on March 20, 2014, 07:09:18 pm
A long long way from signing day and #6 in the SEC early.

Rocking SAC, I love it!  I spent several years with them, and the AFCC.

CBB is building a team of strong recruiters.  I am not surprised.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

TheRazorbackGuy

Lord of the Styes

VT HOG

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 20, 2014, 11:35:27 pm
Rating our fullback commits, three hog smite. Why are we rating fullbacks #10. The age of the fullback is dying.

Not in Bielema's offense. Full back is a huge part.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PennHOG

:)
Rating our fullback commits, three hog smite. Why are we rating fullbacks #10. The age of the fullback is dying.

Nooooo.  They're rating the Facebook commits!   Sheesh!   :)
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

DLUXHOG

March 21, 2014, 11:59:27 am #9 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:08:00 pm by DLUXHOG

Is nothing "good" for you?    I'll bet you would even pass up a "free" night with Scarlett Johansen for some odd hell bent reason....  Sheesh... Hogville is so overflowing with perpetual, eternal pissers and moaners......  good grief...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

welchog

Great, except that put us 5th in our division.  TAMU, Bama, LSU, I understand...but MSU?  Hard to look at it for anything but what it is...disappointment.

870hogfan

Quote from: welchog on March 22, 2014, 06:28:54 am
Great, except that put us 5th in our division.  TAMU, Bama, LSU, I understand...but MSU?  Hard to look at it for anything but what it is...disappointment.

Lol Really?  Haha some fans just love to gripe.

jkstock04

I agree that's a little weird to see Miss St up there...but for ourselves if we ever finish 5th in our conference in recruiting it would be a banner year....a milestone if you will. We are not ever going to do much better than that in my opinion.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HawgFan70

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 22, 2014, 07:55:27 am

Lol Really?  Haha some fans just love to gripe.

Was he griping? Did he say anything that wasn't the truth?
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HawgFan70 on March 22, 2014, 07:16:41 pm
Was he griping? Did he say anything that wasn't the truth?

Saying you are disappointed is griping. Just as I am griping when I say I am disappointed in your reading comprehension.  ;D

Just in case you want to gripe:

gripe
grīp/
verb
gerund or present participle: griping
informal
express a complaint or grumble about something, esp. something trivial.
"they gripe about the busywork"
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HawgFan70

Quote from: locusbug on March 23, 2014, 08:55:29 am
Saying you are disappointed is griping. Just as I am griping when I say I am disappointed in your reading comprehension.  ;D

Just in case you want to gripe:

gripe
grīp/
verb
gerund or present participle: griping
informal
express a complaint or grumble about something, esp. something trivial.
"they gripe about the busywork"

He was stating facts. and his opinion thats not griping
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HawgFan70 on March 23, 2014, 09:56:40 am
He was stating facts. and his opinion thats not griping

Of course the "whiney one" thinks it is not griping and views it as facts.  :D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

HawgFan70

Quote from: locusbug on March 23, 2014, 09:58:20 am
Of course the "whiney one" thinks it is not griping and views it as facts.  :D

Your floor please explain how he was griping and not stating facts. You are doing what sunshine pumpers always do when asked to explain just making rude comments and calling names

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HawgFan70 on March 23, 2014, 10:13:00 am
Your floor please explain how he was griping and not stating facts. You are doing what sunshine pumpers always do when asked to explain just making rude comments and calling names

Dang you take all of the fun out of the forum with me having to hold your hand. In the last 10 years our classes have ranked between 25 - 30. Now in this VERY early ranking we are #10 which in any objective person's book it is a vast improvement.

But he was disappointed in the vast improvement. Understand now? No need to reply as I have piggybacked you enough on this thread.  :D

HawgFan70

Quote from: locusbug on March 23, 2014, 10:32:24 am
Dang you take all of the fun out of the forum with me having to hold your hand. In the last 10 years our classes have ranked between 25 - 30. Now in this VERY early ranking we are #10 which in any objective person's book it is a vast improvement.

But he was disappointed in the vast improvement. Understand now? No need to reply as I have piggybacked you enough on this thread.  :D

Your wrong He said "Great" that we were ranked 10th at this point (not disappointed)
Then he stated a fact that we were 6th in our division, to that he was disappointed. To be so intelligent you miss a lot

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HawgFan70 on March 23, 2014, 10:47:13 am
Your wrong He said "Great" that we were ranked 10th at this point (not disappointed)
Then he stated a fact that we were 6th in our division, to that he was disappointed. To be so intelligent you miss a lot

Those that speak of other's intelligence should know the difference between the proper usage of your and you're, as well as making sure there is a period at the end of a sentence.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

welchog

To make it perfectly clear, I'm disappointed in the fact that regardless that we are prematurely ranked 10th, we are below the 50th percentile in our division...OUR DIVISION!  Better said, unless we up our game (and we have  a lot of time to go up or down) we don't set the world on fire by placing 5th in our division.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: welchog on March 23, 2014, 06:45:06 pm
To make it perfectly clear, I'm disappointed in the fact that regardless that we are prematurely ranked 10th, we are below the 50th percentile in our division...OUR DIVISION!  Better said, unless we up our game (and we have  a lot of time to go up or down) we don't set the world on fire by placing 5th in our division.

It's a long way from signing day, The last two years we where even with Bama etc., when the game kicked off....
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

HawgFan70

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2014, 04:46:49 pm
Those that speak of other's intelligence should know the difference between the proper usage of your and you're, as well as making sure there is a period at the end of a sentence.

aww grammer police

welchog

Quote from: SSJ on March 23, 2014, 07:31:30 pm
It's a long way from signing day, The last two years we where even with Bama etc., when the game kicked off....
Even in terms of score on the board...but not even close on talent on the field.  I will give you two years ago as a lot on the coach, staff, and a rookie QB.  But the fact remains, their talent pool, as well as most of the division's, was superior to our's.

870hogfan

This is a joke right?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 24, 2014, 08:14:03 am
This is a joke right?

Of course it's not. Welchog takes his negativity very seriously. He works hard to not even have a glimpse of hope in a #10 ranking. You should apologize for questioning his seriousness.  ;D

Hogfan70 should be coming along soon to advise us we don't comprehend very well and Wehchog is just providing facts.  ;)

welchog

VBMark

The problem is that every month they post the new ratings, we slip. We were top five overall when they started in January. The question is, are the Hogs going to sign any five stars or will they sign more of Dean and Jackson level talent? The answer to that question will give you a hint of how far down the list we will eventually slide.

Notre Dame, who was the #10 team in 2014, signed no five stars and 16 four star players. USC who came in #11 signed two five stars and EIGHT four stars. So if you want us to move up the rankings or even stay where we are, then you now have some idea of what it will take to get there.

VB out...
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Arkamedes

March 26, 2014, 12:46:42 am #29 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:15:45 pm by Arkamedes

If your biggest concern really is Arkansas being ranked below MSU, I'll make an attempt to ease your fears.

MSU is ranked higher for two reasons:

1. MSU has 9 commitments and we have only 7 - this gives MSU a higher team score in 247 Sports' rating system.
2. Our 7th commitment, Austin Cantrell, has yet to be rated by 247 Sports and therefore defaults to a 0.70 rating (a 3-star rating begins at 0.80) - this lowers our average player rating.

If you want to know how these two variables can affect the team rankings, take a look at how four of our seven recruits are ranked higher than MSU's highest ranked recruit.

Personally, I find it difficult to be disappointed with this class based on what I see but, then again, I don't normally look for reasons to be disappointed. WPS! Go Hogs!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

three hog night

Quote from: Arkamedes on March 26, 2014, 12:46:42 am
If your biggest concern really is Arkansas being ranked below MSU, I'll make an attempt to ease you fears.

1. MSU has 9 commitments and we have only 7 - this gives MSU a higher team score in 247 Sports' rating system.
2. Our 7th commitment, Austin Cantrell, has yet to be rated by 247 Sports and therefore defaults to a 0.70 rating (a 3-star rating begins at 0.80) - this lowers our average player rating.

If you want to know how these two variables can affect the team rankings, take a look at how four of our seven recruits are ranked higher than MSU's highest ranked recruit.

Personally, I find it difficult to be disappointed with this class based on what I see but, then again, I don't normally look for reasons to be disappointed. WPS! Go Hogs!

Wow fact and reason?!   thanks for putting together the information.  We are in good shape and some want to tear down everything that Petrino didn't build.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

three hog night

ESPN does not rate stars or give a score for DEAN and CANTRELL.  ESPN lists stars for Colton Jackson, but does not a give a score.  3 of our commitments are not being counted by ESPN.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Solomwi on March 27, 2014, 08:15:50 am
Y'all are currently up to #9.

Auburn is way down at #19. Guess this is a down month in recruiting.

It is about to be tax month, the slush fund for paying players is apparently down.
Go Hogs Go!

Mike_e

We've had 3 head coaches in 4 years.  4 DCs in 4 years. 3 OCs in 4 years (or is it 4?). No position coach has been here longer than 2 years.  We haven't had a winning season in 3 years and some want to gripe about even sniffing the top 10 in recruiting?

Please.  Go bum a quarter and buy yourself a better life.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

MTBrookHog

Hogville fans mission statement from the great Reece Bobby, "If you're not first, you're last!"

Southpointhog

Quote from: Arkamedes on March 26, 2014, 12:46:42 am
If your biggest concern really is Arkansas being ranked below MSU, I'll make an attempt to ease your fears.

See, now this makes some sense!

welchog

Fine people.  Get all spun up on early numbers.  My point is that, even though it is a high ranking, it is extremely early and there are many in our own division ahead of us.  In reality, there is only one way we will go...and that is down.  High far remains to be seen.  How far will the others fall?  Historically, less than we will.

Therefore we will most probably be about right where we always are...30ish maybe 20ish.  Hard to get excited by that. 

Once again, show me the wins.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: welchog on March 28, 2014, 06:26:04 am
Fine people.  Get all spun up on early numbers.  My point is that, even though it is a high ranking, it is extremely early and there are many in our own division ahead of us.  In reality, there is only one way we will go...and that is down.  High far remains to be seen.  How far will the others fall?  Historically, less than we will.

Therefore we will most probably be about right where we always are...30ish maybe 20ish.  Hard to get excited by that. 

I agree and the same was true this time last year when people were wringing their hands on our low ranking. History shows us the probability will be more like in the low 20s as our ranking. Can CBB win with this type of class? We will see.

870hogfan

This class will be a top 15 class.

three hog night

You talk a big game about performance and only Winning matters.  Do you reach that same potential as a man, husband, father and employee?

tophawg19

these rankings mean nothing . it's possible that some of these kids might not be here even. so much happens during a recruiting season that the early part doesn't matter
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jry04

Quote from: HawgFan70 on March 23, 2014, 10:53:02 pm

aww grammer police
You are not very smart, are you? I hate getting personal on the forum, but you insulted one poster's intelligence, yet you do not know the difference between "your" and "you're" or how to spell the word grammar. That is learned in middle school.

jry04

Wow...

If we are top 10, there is not going to be a lot to separate us from the top 5. Our class is still going to be phenomenal, and comparable to the top of the SEC. People complain about us being barely in the top 25 every year. Now we are currently in the top 10, but we are only 5th in the sec so we still suck!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 28, 2014, 07:53:50 am

This class will be a top 15 class.

That is my hope. I believe CBB can win with that kind of class ranking.

870hogfan

The_Bionic_Pig

Your attitude has changed now that we are actually landing several 4 Star players early:

~
Quote from: welchog on September 19, 2010, 04:10:26 am
Not scientific, but very accurate:

Five Star - Best of the class (i.e.  any blue chipper signed by Tex, Bama, USCw, Fla, etc.)  WILL, barring injury, play in the NFL.  Schools like Ark, Pitt, Ore, etc. get maybe one of these a year.

Four Star - Just behind best of class (top 10%) (i.e.  any blue chipper not best in class, but signed by Tex, Bama, USCw, OhSU, etc.)  PROBABLY, barring injury, play in the NFL.  Schools like Ark, Pitt, Ore, etc. get a few of these a year.

Three Star - Next 25% (i.e. the bottom third of the class signed by Tex, Bama, USCw, OhSU, etc. after the 4 and 5 stars are used up nationally.)  MAY, barring injury and playing above themselves, play in the NFL.   Schools like Ark, Pitt, Miss St. use these to fill their classes annually.

Two Star - Next 50% (i.e. not seen in the class signed by Tex, Bama, USCw, OhSU, etc.)  MOST PROBABLY WILL NOT play in the NFL. Schools like Ark use these when they whiff on three stars.

One Star / NR - Bottom of the class.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

welchog

Quote from: three hog night on March 28, 2014, 08:23:51 am
You talk a big game about performance and only Winning matters.  Do you reach that same potential as a man, husband, father and employee?
I don't have to justify my manhood to you or anybody.

I've been married for over 26 years.

My wife and I have a 22 year old son (who happens to be autistic and will be with us for our lifetime).

I am a full Colonel in the US Army.

Sorry, I guess my standards are just a bit high, but that does not change things.  Yes, winning matters...to me and most the civilized world.  Why play the game if you don't intend to win...not just once in a while, but every time out.

ricepig

Quote from: welchog on March 30, 2014, 06:02:05 pm
I don't have to justify my manhood to you or anybody.

I've been married for over 26 years.

My wife and I have a 22 year old son (who happens to be autistic and will be with us for our lifetime).

I am a full Colonel in the US Army.

Sorry, I guess my standards are just a bit high, but that does not change things.  Yes, winning matters...to me and most the civilized world.  Why play the game if you don't intend to win...not just once in a while, but every time out.

So, you think we aren't trying to win?

welchog

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2014, 06:10:24 pm
So, you think we aren't trying to win?

Don't doubt it for one minute.  Just like every other school.   

But just as Yoda said, (Paraphrase)  There is no try, there is either do...or not.

ricepig

Quote from: welchog on March 30, 2014, 06:14:11 pm
Don't doubt it for one minute.  Just like every other school.   

But just as Yoda said, (Paraphrase)  There is no try, there is either do...or not.

Sure, and your point is?