Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread - 2014 Edition

Started by jbcarol, March 20, 2014, 06:54:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 20, 2014, 11:38:54 am
Raftery on Aaron Craft: Every guard in the B1G may go to his graduation.

Love me some Raftery.  Wish he'd called our '94 championship game instead of Billy "Fudge" Packer.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

Ryan is to Anderson as Bielema is to Petrino.

Boring, but effective.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

His style this year has laid some serious eggs too.

I prefer our style of play.  I believe it gives as best of a chance as any. I also believe it equips us for tournament play with depth and shape of players.  What we are missing right now and hope it comes is the ability to back down and bang with the slower types of a bama or even wisconsin.  Because we can run them out of gyms currently, but that doesn't mean our game that day will be capable day in and day out

jbcarol

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 20, 2014, 11:51:21 am
Love me some Raftery.  Wish he'd called our '94 championship game instead of Billy "Fudge" Packer.

Here's Packer whining about Magloire
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The real Hogules

I've always preferred the up and down the court, helter skelter type of basketball that Nolan and now Mike employs over a slower pace.

I can appreciate both methods of play, but really prefer the quicker pace and in your face defense that run and exicute teams utilize.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

jbcarol

z1on

Hell no, that is one team that I can't stand to watch. Worse than Heath ball.

The_Iceman

Quote from: The Boar War on March 20, 2014, 11:48:36 am
I'm happy with Mike and don't want this to turn into a thread about him as a coach.  I'm more interested in style of play. 

Wisconsin runs a slower, methodical style.  Bo Ryan is a proven coach.  Would you have been happy with him as our coach or is the style of play too much of a deterent?

If we had hired Bo Ryan in 2001 and he had the exact same success over the last 13 years running the same style, I would be thrilled!

- 1 Elite 8
- 4 Sweet 16's
- 13 NCAA appearances in 13 years
- annually in the Top 25, usually Top 15.
- 8 consecutive 20+ win seasons, including two 30+ win seasons.
- .725 winning percentage

jbcarol

Dayton 33  Ohio State 30   Halftime in Buffalo

jbcarol

Retweeted by AU Men's Basketball
Rob Carlin ‏@RobCarlinCSN ·1 min
Wisconsin learning what @AU_MBasketball is about.. Efficient offense & stifling defense.. Eagles held last 6 opponents to less than 56 pts..

hambone

For me, sports are a form of entertainment. As a fan, I find Wisc to be extremely boring to watch.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 20, 2014, 11:53:22 am

Here's Packer whining about Magloire

ACC shill.  Never forget how he tried to cotton up to Nolan after we won the championship and Nolan wouldn't take the bait, basically ignoring him during the post-game interview.  I was proud of Nolan for that.

The Boar War

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 20, 2014, 11:52:42 am
Ryan is to Anderson as Bielema is to Petrino.

One of the reasons I thought this might be an interesting question.

jbcarol

Dayton is hitting 50% from the field and 9 of 13 FGs are assisted.

Both teams have only one offensive board.

Neither team has a player with more than one foul. OhioSt. committed only five fouls in the first half.

jbcarol

SPAL

That was a fun 1st half. Just wish the wizards calling the game would stop working on their comedy bit though.

Adam Stokes

I have Dayton in my Sweet 16 as one of my (somewhat) Cinderella's.  OSU has been playing so terrible it didn't seem too difficult.  I went to have Tennessee beating Duke in the 2nd round, but brackets had closed for my billion dollar bracket before I could change it.  (Yet somehow it allowed me to make the change in my non-billion dollar brackets... odd.)

jbcarol

American 22  Wisconsin 32  Halftime in Milwaukee

jbcarol

jbcarol

American was 3-6 from 3, 5-12 inside the arc.  They had no offensive rebounds.

Wisconsin was called for only four fouls in the 1st half.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

HamIAm

ricepig

Anybody got Dayton costing them a potential billion? I hate to lose a billion dollars on the first game.

jbcarol

HamIAm

Dayton is trying to maintain contact with Ohio State, problem is they were ahead at the time. OSU just now takes lead.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Pitt 9  Colo 0  15:49  TV to

Colorado is cold as ice

jbcarol

American and Wisconsin have started the 2nd Half.

AU 24  UW 37  18:34

Rare 3 second call on American

jbcarol

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2014, 12:43:17 pm
Anybody got Dayton costing them a potential billion? I hate to lose a billion dollars on the first game.

What did Buffett and backers require to allow one to play: personal info?

Adam Stokes

Quote from: jbcarol on March 20, 2014, 12:52:28 pm

They got your phone number, that was really the only thing I thought was a little too personal.  They also had questions that quicken loans would like such as "Are you looking to buy a house soon?"  I have Dayton winning, so I hope my billion dollars aren't gone in the first game.

jbcarol

Verne: "And the foul is called on ... Siebert?"

Raftery: "There just saying he knocked it out (of bounds)"

jbcarol

You gotta take a 5-on-4 when Craft is laying on the floor.

jbcarol

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 20, 2014, 12:53:40 pm
They got your phone number, that was really the only thing I thought was a little too personal.  They also had questions that quicken loans would like such as "Are you looking to buy a house soon?"  I have Dayton winning, so I hope my billion dollars aren't gone in the first game.

Not too bad.   Thanks!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 20, 2014, 12:55:10 pm
Verne: "And the foul is called on ... Siebert?"

Raftery: "There just saying he knocked it out (of bounds)"

Nice to know Verne is still in top form.  Next made basket will result in a "Yes, SIR!"

jbcarol

HamIAm

Quote from: jbcarol on March 20, 2014, 12:52:28 pm
I don't know but his money is safe.  I calculated the number of possible bracket outcomes if every team was evenly matched and had an equal chance of winning. I don't remember the exact number but it was something like 1,7 followed by another 34 zeroes. 

jbcarol

Craft looked like Brian Downing on that scramble for the loose ball.

jbcarol

Quote from: HamIAm on March 20, 2014, 12:58:44 pm
I don't know but his money is safe.  I calculated the number of possible bracket outcomes if every team was evenly matched and had an equal chance of winning. I don't remember the exact number but it was something like 1,7 followed by another 34 zeroes.

If Dayton holds on they will take it up a notch.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: jbcarol on March 20, 2014, 01:01:41 pm
If Dayton holds on they will take it up a notch.

Here's an interesting page.  It shows how far each team was chosen to.  Only 17% picked Dayton to beat OSU.  If they can come back that'll be 12.5 million brackets that are already out of the running.  (I wanna say 15 million brackets were submitted.)

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/quickenloansbracket/group/all/pickdistribution?round=1

jbcarol

American 25  Wisconsin 51  12:35

Badgers have outscored the Eagles 41-8 since 9:30 in the first half

HamIAm

With 4:44 left in the first half American was leading 20-18.  Wisconsin now leads 51-25 with 12:26 left. That game sure turned around

jbcarol

Intentional foul on Craft.

New Auburn coach snickers somewhere.

jbcarol

HamIAm

jbcarol

Another 9-year-old boy in charge of cleaning the floor in a major tourney game.

jbcarol