3 p.m. | (1) Florida vs. (16) Albany/Mt. St. Mary's

5:45 p.m. | (7) UConn vs. (10) Saint Joseph's

8:15 p.m. | (2) Villanova vs. (15) Milwaukee

Games on TNT

1 p.m. | (5) Cincinnati vs. (12) Harvard

3:30 p.m. | (4) Michigan State vs. (13) Delaware

6:15 p.m. | (5) Saint Louis vs. (12) NC State/Xavier

8:45 p.m. | (4) Louisville vs. (13) Manhattan

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

The most wonderful time of the year is upon us, and your friends at KSR are here to get you ready for all of the Madness. Whether you're watching at work, home, or with friends at the bar, here are our tips on how to maximize your March Madness experience:

DON'T post stuff on social media if you call in sick. Nothing says "rookie" like calling in with a cough and then posting a picture of you and your friends with a bucket of beer watching games three hours later. If you're playing sick, play smart.

DO plan your lunch break strategically. Look at the schedule and try to take your lunch during the second half of games so you don't miss any buzzer beaters.

DON'T cheer audibly at your desk. Dead giveaway.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred ·8 hrs
Final: #Vols overcome 12-point first half deficit and beat Iowa 78-65 in OT. They'll play No. 6 seed UMass on Friday.

dhornjr1

Lemme go ahead and thank you and +1 you for what you do this time of year.

Now, go to work. ;D

SPAL

And zero chatter about it. Let's talk...

First 1 seed to lose?
Who wins it all?
Final 4?
Biggest upset?
Most anticipated first round game?
What is your "stone cold lock" of the tourney?

Best day of the year, even if Arkansas isn't part of it.

popcornhog

WPS

HogWild94

Tie - Wichita State and Virginia in the Sweet 16 round.

Florida beats Louisville.

Florida vs. Michigan State and Arizona vs. Louisville.

Tie - Harvard over Cincinnati and North Dakota State over Oklahoma.

Tie - My two big upset picks above and the Tulsa vs. UCLA game.

Michigan State makes the Final Four and Tennessee beats UMass.

Hog fan since birth.  There is simply nothing else.

Jackrabbit Hog

In my bracket.....

I have both Virginia and Wichita State losing in the second round (UV to Memphis and WSU to Kentucky).

I have Michigan State winning it all (the fact that MSU and Louisville are 4 seeds is one of the most mind-boggling things in the history of the tournament).

My final four is Kansas, Arizona, Michigan State and Louisville.

My biggest upset is in the second round, Tennessee over Duke.

Most anticipated first round game:  probably Kansas State v. Kentucky.

Stone cold lock:  Louisville and Michigan State will make the Final Four.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

SPAL

I like the michigan state picks.

In the bracket that I really broke things down, crunched numbers, etc...I really like Dayton. I have them upsetting Ohio stTe and then Syracuse.

A team that is getting zero love is Villanova. For a 2 seed, there is no talk about them.

Hammibal Lecter

First 1 seed to lose? Virginia

Who wins it all? Duke (Florida is due for a turd, I think it comes in the final four)

Final 4? Florida, zona, duke, mich st.

Biggest upset? SFAustin over VCU, Michigan goes home early too

Most anticipated first round game? Harvard Cincy for me

What is your "stone cold lock" of the tourney? Kentucky loses to KSU

Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

HaskellHog83

Wichita State goes out 1st
Florida wins it all
Final 4 Florida, Michigan State, Michigan, Creighton
Harvard and North Dakota St. are my big upsets, along with Providence going to the Sweet 16
Oregon vs BYU
Lock: It's going to be crazy

SPAL

Why are so many down on Wichita?

Conference?
Having to play Kentucky and then Louisville?

HaskellHog83

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 20, 2014, 09:20:31 am

Conference?

For me it reverts back to conference. I don't think they have been tested on a night to night basis, so in my opinion I don't think they had to develop the toughness to come back if they get down early. How many times have they been down, and have to claw their way back. Without looking at a game to game basis for them, I would think you could count them on one hand.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jbcarol

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 20, 2014, 07:06:20 am
Lemme go ahead and thank you and +1 you for what you do this time of year.

Now, go to work. ;D

It's a labor of love.

Hammibal Lecter

Conference?

I don't think folks are down on them so much as they don't know anything about them. IF Kentucky makes it to a matchup with WichSt, the shockers will blow kentuckys doors off. They score from all 5 spots (Kentucky only defends 3 spots) and they play pressure trapping D that the cats young guards have trouble with (see us vs Kentucky). Just my take!

jbcarol

HaskellHog83

Hammibal Lecter

Breems

First 1 seed to lose?
I have all 1 seeds except for Wichita State losing in the Sweet Sixteen. I found several potential Sweet Sixteen matchups favorable for the low seeds.

Who wins it all?
I picked Michigan State as well. It's hard to go wrong with Izzo and his (finally) healthy team.

Final 4?
Kansas - If they can survive without Joel Embiid for a week, I believe a player like Wiggins can carry you pretty far.
Michigan State - See above.
New Mexico State - An extremely dramatic Cinderella pick. I like their frontcourt and ability to get to the line. They'll likely lose in the first round, but I had a gut feeling.
Wichita State - I like disciplined teams, especially with NBA talent.

Biggest upset?
New Mexico State over everybody. Looking back over their record and SOS, I'm probably an idiot.

Most anticipated first-round game?
All three SEC games. I believe Tennessee will pull the upset. I think Kentucky can out-talent KSU. Florida should roll.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the clashing defenses of VCU and Stephen F. Austin.

What is your "stone cold lock" of the tourney?
I'm going with Wichita State. I don't believe their road is as difficult as people are making it out to be. Marshall's teams rarely under-perform, and any disciplined team that rebounds extremely well should be able to knock of Kentucky.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hammibal Lecter

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

JonClaudeVanHam

If Wichita makes it past Louisville they will make it to the title game.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Hawg Red

Conference?

Me, personally, it's just because they've gone so long in between tests. They're a really good team and capable of beating anyone in the country. I'd feel a lot better about them, actually, if they had lost a game or two by now. I would feel a tad better about taking UF all the way, too, if they had lost in the SEC final, but they've at least been tested multiple teams during their streak.

So, it's not them -- it's just how their season played out. They're gonna lose a game and I think Kentucky has the talent and is playing well enough right now to take them down.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

EastexHawg

I have Louisville over Michigan State in the championship game.  Kentucky doesn't past the second round and probably loses to Kansas State.  Florida goes down to Pitt in the second round.

jbcarol

Sports Illustrated ‏@SInow ·24m
If there's going to be a surprise run this year, it'll be by one of these eight teams: http://on.si.com/1g19ft1    #MarchMadness

SPAL

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 20, 2014, 09:43:00 am
Me, personally, it's just because they've gone so long in between tests. They're a really good team and capable of beating anyone in the country. I'd feel a lot better about them, actually, if they had lost a game or two by now. I would feel a tad better about taking UF all the way, too, if they had lost in the SEC final, but they've at least been tested multiple teams during their streak.

So, it's not them -- it's just how their season played out. They're gonna lose a game and I think Kentucky has the talent and is playing well enough right now to take them down.

Me too. I'm very nervous about picking teams on huge win streaks.

Hammibal Lecter

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 20, 2014, 10:13:02 am
Me too. I'm very nervous about picking teams on huge win streaks.
yeah that's why I'm a bit gun shy with the Gators.

SPAL

Anybody using the iPhone app ESPN TC?

If so, any good groups? Found one for hogville I was in last year but only a couple in this year.

You can fill out 10 different brackets

jbcarol

Former Ohio State assistant Archie Miller is Dayton's head coach. Thad Matta's initial reaction when he saw Dayton pop on the screen was excitement, because he was happy to see his former assistant and friend get into the tournament. Then reality set in – he hopes Miller's stay in the Big Dance is short.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/03/nine_things_you_need_to_know_a.html

Ohio State and Dayton tip off on CBS in moments.

jbcarol

Verne and Bill Raftery call the Ohio St. - Dayton game.

jbcarol

Doug Lesmerises ‏@DougLesmerises ·17 hrs
Stomp them with a smile: Thad Matta after another March run, first must avoid Miller brother revenge http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/03/stomp_them_with_a_smile_ohio_s.html ...

"When you work for Thad, you know how it is," Miller said Wednesday. "He'll walk around with a smile on his face, but he's going to try and stomp on your head the first chance you get."

That description is as good as any you'll find for Matta...

Here we go...

jbcarol

Not sure what defense Raftery said Dayton opened with

jbcarol

They have a back up ref on the ready.

Not sure if they have backup announcers to step in.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Aaron Craft was ultimately the "prize" that brought down Pearl at Tennessee. Seems so long ago.

jbcarol

Doug Lesmerises ‏@DougLesmerises ·20m
Nothing like O Canada to get you in the tournament mood.

Dayton 5  Ohio St. 7  16:20 in Buffalo

jbcarol

jbcarol

UD 12  OhioSt 9  14:51  media time out

UD shoots a FT after the break

jbcarol

American and Wisconsin set to tip off at about 11:40 AM CDT on truTV ("Lizard Lick Towing", "All Worked Up", ...)

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ernie Johnson sounds like he is underwater on truTV. 

Like he is streaming live with low bandwidth.

jbcarol

Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner ·12m
Dayton's one of the most balanced/diverse offensive teams I looked at this season. Hard team to keep down on that end.

jbcarol

Raftery on Aaron Craft: Every guard in the B1G may go to his graduation.

jbcarol

jbcarol

American and Wisconsin have tipped off.

Real Americans 0  Badgers 2  19:00

Henderson and Ole Miss knocked off Wisconsin last year.

jbcarol

Retweeted by AU Men's Basketball
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN ·39s
How about this guy in the stands for Wisconsin-American here in Milwaukee. @daldridgetnt pic.twitter.com/22NBAcMiHB

The Boar War

I'm happy with Mike and don't want this to turn into a thread about him as a coach.  I'm more interested in style of play. 

Wisconsin runs a slower, methodical style.  Bo Ryan is a proven coach.  Would you have been happy with him as our coach or is the style of play too much of a deterent?

jbcarol

Ross griping about officiating  That other Ross in the '11 class.