Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Helmets

Started by YouCrawl_IQuall, March 19, 2014, 02:25:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 22, 2014, 09:06:09 am
Oh my God.  I guess this was just a matter of time.

I don't know how Beliema can even walk with so many guys in his shorts licking and kissing.

Just as it was only a matter of time you would post about it. Pot meet kettle.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RNHog on March 22, 2014, 09:34:26 am
My inside source in Fayetteville is telling me that hogville is full of crybabies.

I don't need a source to know that! That is one time that a source here is 100% accurate though.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Calling All Hogs

I like this version because it emphasizes academics by allowing the student athlete to carry his school supplies at all times. :)  There are ideals more important than winning. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: CallMeHog on March 22, 2014, 10:15:55 am
I like this version because it emphasizes academics by allowing the student athlete to carry his school supplies at all times. :)  There are ideals more important than winning. 

Helmet is missing a laptop. Cam must have thrown it out a window.

870hogfan

Haha +1

Cotton

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 22, 2014, 10:02:22 am
I don't need a source to know that! That is one time that a source here is 100% accurate though.
hahahaha so true!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

And we have a winner! +1 sir, well played.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Break & Run

Since no one wanted to actually ADDRESS the OP.  Here's the new helmets:

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Break & Run on March 22, 2014, 10:43:23 am
Since no one wanted to actually ADDRESS the OP.  Here's the new helmets:

Reply #18 on page one...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogcard1964

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 22, 2014, 10:01:46 am
Just as it was only a matter of time you would post about it. Pot meet kettle.

Better believe it.

redeye

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on March 21, 2014, 04:08:24 pm
The red is too dark and they still have the black on the back. Ew.

I think the flat finish makes them look darker, because that's what flat finishes do.  The color looks okay to me, and it certainly doesn't look maroon, or I'd hate them.  I really think some people just prefer them to be shiny, and would like them if they were maroon, as long as they were shiny.

Quote from: Cotton on March 22, 2014, 08:38:19 am
Some of you will disagree with this, but if you think these 18-20 year old kids are that concerned about safety that, you're mistaken.

The majority of players are competitors that will lie and say anything to stay in the game. Now you have the potential of helmet technology saying you can't play anymore when you feel like you can.

I know safety is the important factor and the technology is great. But as a recruiting tool, it's not gonna change an 18 year olds mind like somebody alluded too.

The parents will love them and that will have a big impact.  If we receive extra attention for wearing them, then that will have an impact.  And while I suspect you're mostly right about the players, I'm sure it'll still have an impact with some of them.  It certainly won't hurt any.

RNHog

In the 29 years I've been alive, the razorbacks have waddled in mediocrity. So where and when does the "winning" part start?

redeye

Quote from: RNHog on March 22, 2014, 04:53:31 pm
In the 29 years I've been alive, the razorbacks have waddled in mediocrity. So where and when does the "winning" part start?

So you were born in '85?  Our record since then is 202-147-2.  That's a winning record.

Now, remove that silver spoon from your mouth and quit pouting.

Pork Twain

badass, cue the old timers crying
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The real Hogules

I like the new helmet, but can also understand why Traditionalists would complain about the shade of red that is used in these pics.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Justagp

Quote from: chitwnhog on March 19, 2014, 03:11:55 pm
Oh lawd...here we go...pantone 200 etc...etc...

Chitwnhog, from quoting Shakespeare to knowing your Pantone colors - most impressive
:-)

ClearEyes

There is no fade in the 2014 helmet.  There are only cardinal helmets with white masks and white helmets with white masks for 2014.  No anthracite uniforms or helmets.  That's a fact. 

Marshfieldhog

RNHog

Quote from: redeye on March 22, 2014, 05:13:05 pm
So you were born in '85?  Our record since then is 202-147-2.  That's a winning record.

Now, remove that silver spoon from your mouth and quit pouting.

Lost three sec championship games.
Lost a BCS game.
No major bowl wins. Unless you consider the cotton major.

Not impressive.

Steef

Guys,

RN is correct. He's rubbing noses in it just a little too gleefully. But he's right. Our football program hasn't been nationally relevant since the 70's.

We've changed head coaches as often as George Cooney changes girlfriends. Some were good ones, so we ran those off. The one we did keep was incredibly mediocre.

Those decades of turmoil are why we are so gunshy now. And tired of yet another rebuild.

We have to ask ourselves, what does a coach want...? All Nutt ever really wanted was another contract extension. I think Petrino wanted to prove offense could win games. I think when Nick kept proving him wrong, Bobby decided he wanted something else.

Ford wanted to prove he wasn't a fluke. But he was.

Lou & Ken both wanted to win (I believe) We can each of us decide for ourselves why they couldn't do that here. Both of them proved they COULD win.

I believe Bret has that same simple agenda. To win. Against the best. We shall see if he can do it.

And Jeff will give him time to try.

This IS our past & present reality.

opineonswine

Quote from: steefhog on March 23, 2014, 06:27:48 am
Guys,

RN is correct. He's rubbing noses in it just a little too gleefully. But he's right. Our football program hasn't been nationally relevant since the 70's.

We've changed head coaches as often as George Cooney changes girlfriends. Some were good ones, so we ran those off. The one we did keep was incredibly mediocre.

Those decades of turmoil are why we are so gunshy now. And tired of yet another rebuild.

We have to ask ourselves, what does a coach want...? All Nutt ever really wanted was another contract extension. I think Petrino wanted to prove offense could win games. I think when Nick kept proving him wrong, Bobby decided he wanted something else.

Ford wanted to prove he wasn't a fluke. But he was.

Lou & Ken both wanted to win (I believe) We can each of us decide for ourselves why they couldn't do that here. Both of them proved they COULD win.

I believe Bret has that same simple agenda. To win. Against the best. We shall see if he can do it.

And Jeff will give him time to try.

This IS our past & present reality.

Excellent analysis.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: chuggs33 on March 21, 2014, 04:16:51 pm
I like the white helmets.   :razorback:

Then go root for Texas, or some other school that wears them.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 22, 2014, 08:00:45 pm

Wrong.

This is one "old timer" that loves these - if they are, indeed, what we will be wearing.

I, and most of the "old timers" I know are not opposed to improved technology or materials being integrated into the uniforms - it's the color thing that gives me (us) a problem.  As long as we stay with red helmets with a white hog, and some combination of red (Cardinal) and white on our jerseys and pants, I'm generally going to be OK with it. 

It's when we go with different helmets (colors) or "anthracite" that we draw the ire of we traditionalists.  Traditional doesn't mean being exactly the same as the uniforms were 40 years ago; it means staying with our "brand", which is the red helmet with white hog, and cardinal and white uni's.  Not that hard to do.

ricepig

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 23, 2014, 10:22:19 am

In case you haven't noticed, they have a Hog on the side, I think he's good. Maybe you need to adjust your thinking........

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ricepig on March 23, 2014, 10:29:42 am
In case you haven't noticed, they have a Hog on the side, I think he's good. Maybe you need to adjust your thinking........

Nope - I'm fine with my preferences.

So, according to you anything with a Hog on the side, we ought to be OK with?  How about a purple helmet with a green Hog on it?  Heck, even with a white Hog on it?

Doesn't work for me.  Neither do solid white "Texas wannabe" helmets that happen to have a Hog decal instead of a Horn.

Steef

The only thing about the pic that I don't care for is....it looks like the Hog is running uphill.

ricepig

Quote from: steefhog on March 23, 2014, 11:49:20 am
The only thing about the pic that I don't care for is....it looks like the Hog is running uphill.

We aren't on the downhill side yet, when we start winning regularly, he'll switch to downhill.

ricepig

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 23, 2014, 10:32:09 am
Nope - I'm fine with my preferences.

So, according to you anything with a Hog on the side, we ought to be OK with?  How about a purple helmet with a green Hog on it?  Heck, even with a white Hog on it?

Doesn't work for me.  Neither do solid white "Texas wannabe" helmets that happen to have a Hog decal instead of a Horn.

Purple and green aren't our colors, but continue to worry about things that don't matter.

LZH

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 22, 2014, 08:00:45 pm

I thought I was fairly au courant for my age.... :)

I like the shiny ones better than the matte, but I'm OK with 'em as long as they get the color right - and for God's sake get that ridiculous spray-paint crap off the back.

ricepig

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 23, 2014, 12:47:42 pm
I thought I was fairly au courant for my age.... :)

I like the shiny ones better than the matte, but I'm OK with 'em as long as they get the color right - and for God's sake get that ridiculous spray-paint crap off the back.

I want one color, don't care what they call it, or the fancy number. Just make it right!

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on March 23, 2014, 01:01:27 pm
I want one color, don't care what they call it, or the fancy number. Just make it right!

Ha.  Btw, I think the white helmets look great, but who's the genius that decided white Razorbacks would look better?  Geez.

ricepig

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 23, 2014, 01:28:28 pm
Ha.  Btw, I think the white helmets look great, but who's the genius that decided white Razorbacks would look better?  Geez.

Yeah, I'm good with white helmets from time to time, I can even do the anthracite uni once a year.

RNHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 23, 2014, 10:22:19 am

Wait. Wouldn't you be more of a Texas fan? Since they are so opposed to change?

RNHog

Wah wah wah. All I hear when it comes to uniforms. I'll never understand it.

Steef

We already endured red pajamas at the worst Cotton Bowl embarrassment in our history.

I'm sincerely hoping that was rock bottom.

Sweet Feet

The structure makes it look like lacrosse helmets. Thats...eh. I hope college football not movin that direction

hoss cartrack

if we could just get rid of the white helmets and all things anthracite....I could live with the matt red helmet and never say a word.

hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ricepig on March 23, 2014, 12:43:42 pm
Purple and green aren't our colors, but continue to worry about things that don't matter.

rice, please go root for the marshmallow helmeted Horns and leave real Hog fans to debate this topic.

WizardofhOgZ

March 23, 2014, 10:08:04 pm #91 Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:00:54 pm by WizardofhOgZ
Quote from: RNHog on March 23, 2014, 02:17:21 pm
Wait. Wouldn't you be more of a Texas fan? Since they are so opposed to change?

Wait - wouldn't YOU be the Aggie since you're a dumb sh*t who makes statements that make no logical sense?

Because I want us to stick to the only brand anyone posting on this board has known - a red helmet with a white Hog decal - I'm a TEXAS fan?  What a moronic claim.

Before you try (foolishly) compare my prior comment to yours - my reference to Texas has merit because they have brandished solid white helmets with a colored log for the past 50+ years.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: RNHog on March 23, 2014, 02:19:19 pm
Wah wah wah. All I hear when it comes to uniforms. I'll never understand it.

Any yet, here you are . . . in a uniform thread . . . bitching and moaning yourself.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: hoss cartrack on March 23, 2014, 06:19:27 pm
if we could just get rid of the white helmets and all things anthracite....I could live with the matt red helmet and never say a word.

+1

And, for the record, this older-than-dirt "traditionalist" has NO problem with a matte red helmet.

It's simple - our BRAND . . . recognizable around the country (and you'd be surprised how many places around the world) is a red helmet with a white hog.  It's instantly recognizable.  Leave it alone.  Oh, make it a matte red instead of shiny, if you will.  But leave the iconic white hog on red helmet formula alone.

Steef

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 23, 2014, 10:10:45 pmtO
+1

And, for the record, this older-than-dirt "traditionalist" has NO problem with a matte red helmet.

It's simple - our BRAND . . . recognizable around the country (and you'd be surprised how many places around the world) is a red helmet with a white hog.  It's instantly recognizable.  Leave it alone.  Oh, make it a matte red instead of shiny, if you will.  But leave the iconic white hog on red helmet formula alone.

I am old also. And a traditionalist also.

But today's trends are to deliberately break from tradition and be "edgy", whatever that is. And the uni designs aren't for the fans any more. They're for the players.

If it helps with recruiting and doesn't disrespect the program...then...whatever.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: steefhog on March 23, 2014, 10:21:32 pm
I am old also. And a traditionalist also.

But today's trends are to deliberately break from tradition and be "edgy", whatever that is. And the uni designs aren't for the fans any more. They're for the players.

If it helps with recruiting and doesn't disrespect the program...then...whatever.

Steef, I respect your opinion and appreciate the civil response.

I will say that there is still a recognized benefit to having a well known and recognizable brand.  There are a lot of things you can to to change things up without screwing with the brand.

Oregon's brand is that they change uniforms every game - that's largely because they essentially had NO brand 20 years ago.  We did, and do.

So, spruce up the uni's; "freshen" them to make them more trendy.  But leave the iconic helmet alone.

Just my opinion.

hogacct

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 21, 2014, 01:08:54 pm
Someone always has to spoil a thread.

Just curious how I ruined the thread. Was referring to the old bud light commercial knockoff of the Nutt.

RNHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 23, 2014, 10:03:16 pm
rice, please go root for the marshmallow helmeted Horns and leave real Hog fans to debate this topic.

You take this way too serious you DA.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: SONofHAM on March 19, 2014, 06:20:51 pm
Pretty sure those will be an option.  Don't the players get a choice of what they like best?

Here's a pic tweeted from @razorbackequipm of the technology they are using.  I'm sure this helmet will be another option.
https://twitter.com/razorbackequipm/status/446285819930611712

The picture in sonofham' post is the Riddell Revo Insite system.  The sensors interface with a pager type device that records big blows and a cummulative total of hits throughtout a game or practice.  It basiclly is a liner that goes inside a existing REVO shell. 

The new helmet they are they are trying this spring is the REVO Speedflex.  It is design to disperse the blow across the helmet shell.  I imagine that the Insite liner can be outfitted in the Speed flex.  I got this info from the Riddell sales rep that was selling helmets at my son's high school.  Here is the pic of the Speedflex below.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 23, 2014, 10:03:16 pm

Dude, "real" Hog fans are debating this topic, then there is you......