Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Helmets

Started by YouCrawl_IQuall, March 19, 2014, 02:25:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorback500

It looks ok, but kind of unfinished, like a primer coat.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jvanhorn

Why don't we just take a poll and be done with it?  I personally happen to like matte and I think that this is the best looking helmet since the 60's, but that is just me.  I hate shiny, but I also hate gold, so what do I know.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 28, 2014, 12:04:55 pm
C'mon man.  That's just a sorry excuse to get in a dig.  Michigan recently went through the doldrums, and no one fails to recognize them the instant they are on any TV screen.  That's just one example...I could list MANY more, and you know that's a LAME argument.  Try harder. 
Lame argument ? Coming from the guy that is comparing the MICHIGAN football brand to Arkansas ?? Bwahahahahahaha....................... you are delirious. Michigan has the most wins in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!! They have finished in the Top Ten 37 times and have won 11 national championships.

Geezus, some people are ridiculous.

FS Hog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 28, 2014, 12:04:55 pm
  Michigan recently went through the doldrums, and no one fails to recognize them the instant they are on any TV screen.   
Could be Delaware. :)

sowmonella

Tru Dat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

LZH

Quote from: sowmonella on March 29, 2014, 04:02:26 pm
Tru Dat

How many of you that were in elementary school before the internet age spent a long time wondering how those helmets could have any resemblance to a wolverine?

Me?....................Guilty.

ricepig

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 29, 2014, 06:48:23 pm
How many of you that were in elementary school before the internet age spent a long time wondering how those helmets could have any resemblance to a wolverine?

Not me, but I could easily see that Delaware's resembled a Blue Hen.

SONofHAM

Thought this was cool.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Murr

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 29, 2014, 06:48:23 pm

Delaware changed it's helmet to look like the Michigan helmet after they hired a long time Wolverine Assistant Coach to become their head coach.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Murr on March 30, 2014, 04:45:56 am
Delaware changed it's helmet to look like the Michigan helmet after they hired a long time Wolverine Assistant Coach to become their head coach.

Kind of like Oklahoma copied our uniforms in 1966 after they hired Broyle's Defensive Coordinator as their new head coach (Jim McKenzie).  Most here don't remember that before that, they wore a white helmet with a red stripe down the middle, with no "OU" logo on the side.  And their jerseys has multiple stripes (arm bands).

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on March 29, 2014, 01:46:57 pm
Lame argument ? Coming from the guy that is comparing the MICHIGAN football brand to Arkansas ?? Bwahahahahahaha....................... you are delirious. Michigan has the most wins in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!! They have finished in the Top Ten 37 times and have won 11 national championships.

Geezus, some people are ridiculous.

I know that.  And do you see THEM changing uniforms when things aren't going well? 

That swooshing sound was my point going over your head.  :P
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 01, 2014, 07:30:08 am
I know that.  And do you see THEM changing uniforms when things aren't going well? 

That swooshing sound was my point going over your head.  :P
No that swooshing sound is the sound of brain cells leaving my skull as I dummy myself down to your level.

You don't even understand that you made my point for me with your previous response. They have one of the biggest "brands" in college football, YET, they have been down lately, as you said. BINGO ! It proves that this "brand" that people are worried about means NOTHING. Even with the best of "brands" like Michigan has, you can still get your butt kicked if you don't recruit and coach well. Period.

So quit worrying about "ruining our brand" by wearing different uni's. A "brand" matters little to W's and L's, plus, we don't have much of a "brand" since we have never even won the SEC.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on April 01, 2014, 12:02:53 pm
No that swooshing sound is the sound of brain cells leaving my skull as I dummy myself down to your level.

You don't even understand that you made my point for me with your previous response. They have one of the biggest "brands" in college football, YET, they have been down lately, as you said. BINGO ! It proves that this "brand" that people are worried about means NOTHING. Even with the best of "brands" like Michigan has, you can still get your butt kicked if you don't recruit and coach well. Period.

So quit worrying about "ruining our brand" by wearing different uni's. A "brand" matters little to W's and L's, plus, we don't have much of a "brand" since we have never even won the SEC.

Sure branding matters.  Branding is what causes recognition, and attributes past successes and failures to a particular team.  Michigan's brand is still the same.  Their coach may change, and they may have ups and downs, but kids still want to go to Michigan for their tradition, not for the uniform change every five minutes.

We have played football on a national scale much longer than the time we've been in the SEC, and people know our brand.  I have a lot of out of state friends who think the "Razorback" is the coolest mascot in football even when they're fans of other teams. 

If you like a uniform change every game...then just say that.  No sweat.  I don't.  I like tradition, and I like to turn on ESPN and actually watch highlights where I know who's playing, but that's just me.   

Of course you can get your butt kicked no matter if you have a long tradition, or you're an upstart.  What's your point?

How successful would TIDE be if they changed their box from their branded Orange every other month?  How about Coke changing from Red to Blue, or maybe black every month or two? 

Branding matters.  There are too many marketing studies that would refute that it doesn't.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Uncle_Larry

The winged helmet isn't original to Michigan. They started using it in 1938. 3 years after it was introduced by Princeton in 1935.

ricepig

Michigan looked good in the Tom Harmon era unis, glad they don't ever change.......