Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Helmets

Started by YouCrawl_IQuall, March 19, 2014, 02:25:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YouCrawl_IQuall

Personally, I really like them

B501

El Puerco Grande

I know that the flat/matte finish is the popular thing these days, but it makes the color look too maroon for my taste. I like that bright, Cardinal Red.
How 'bout them hogs?

Jackrabbit Hog

I prefer the ones we used to wear. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

i think those are still for Spring...i think after the new design gets revealed they will use the new helmets but we will see what they do with the paint/colors
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

Ex-Trumpet

That one is defective as it has cracks in it already.  And, it isn't cardinal.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

bennyl08

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 19, 2014, 02:44:59 pm
I prefer the ones we used to wear.

You would, Walt. You would.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

rhames

They look like the ones from last year
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

chitwnhog

Oh lawd...here we go...pantone 200 etc...etc...

razorback44

Those aren't the 2014 helmets. It's just a brand new model they got in this spring and it was painted with the fade to match the other helmets.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

ricepig

Quote from: razorback44 on March 19, 2014, 03:19:14 pm
Those aren't the 2014 helmets. It's just a brand new model they got in this spring and it was painted with the fade to match the other helmets.

Correct

PorkerOinker

Whether they are new helmets or not I like them.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on March 19, 2014, 02:55:42 pm
That one is defective as it has cracks in it already.  And, it isn't cardinal.

I wonder if that impact zone in the front is going to save any concussions..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RNHog

My inside source up in Fayetteville in the athletic department is saying that there will be a helmet added that has more black in it. Quit possibly, from what I'm hearing, black face mask, white helmet, and an anthracite hog.

hogacct

Still love the helmet

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RNHog on March 19, 2014, 05:14:41 pm
My inside source up in Fayetteville in the athletic department is saying that there will be a helmet added that has more black in it. Quit possibly, from what I'm hearing, black face mask, white helmet, and an anthracite hog.

I heard from my inside source in the AD's inner, inner circle that Pepsi has agreed to sponsor a 15 minute pre game razorvision spot instructing on the proper Hog call. Of which, 10 minutes will be dedicated to detailing how long the perfect yelp/howl should last on each of the 3 Aouhwoooooo's alone....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RNHog

I heard petit Jean is teaming up with Pepsi to come up with a down home smoked ham Pepsi smoothie. Gonna be all the rage with the yuppies up there.

SONofHAM

Pretty sure those will be an option.  Don't the players get a choice of what they like best?

Here's a pic tweeted from @razorbackequipm of the technology they are using.  I'm sure this helmet will be another option.
https://twitter.com/razorbackequipm/status/446285819930611712

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

The_Iceman

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 21, 2014, 12:19:38 pm

Wow.  Am I reading that correctly that the helmets are set up to electronically notify support personnel in real time when a player has a hit that could be concussion causing?  That's pretty stinking amazing if I'm reading it correctly.  I didn't know that existed.

MJ2

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogacct on March 19, 2014, 05:20:50 pm
Still love the helmet

Someone always has to spoil a thread.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Iceman

Quote from: MJ2 on March 21, 2014, 12:50:23 pm
Just win.

And protect players from life threatening injuries.

memphishog

SONofHAM

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 21, 2014, 12:43:23 pm
Wow.  Am I reading that correctly that the helmets are set up to electronically notify support personnel in real time when a player has a hit that could be concussion causing?  That's pretty stinking amazing if I'm reading it correctly.  I didn't know that existed.
Yes...the pic above the helmet shows the sensors that fit in the helmet.  Parents have to love Coach B's stance on safety. 

pillowhog

Quote from: No Porking Here To Corner on March 19, 2014, 02:34:22 pm
I know that the flat/matte finish is the popular thing these days, but it makes the color look too maroon for my taste. I like that bright, Cardinal Red.
I agree. 

greasy_corner

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 21, 2014, 12:43:23 pm

This helmet (not the razorback version) is on display where I work.  I got to play around with it a few months ago.  We do the wireless transmitter.

pigskenG

PLEASE NO WHITE HELMETS !!!   :razorback:

PigDaddyKane

I wish we would do a throw back look to the national championship team.  The big oversized hog.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Arkansas Fan

The red is too dark and they still have the black on the back. Ew.

chuggs33

Quote from: pigskenG on March 21, 2014, 04:05:36 pm
PLEASE NO WHITE HELMETS !!!   :razorback:

I like the white helmets.   :razorback:

chuggs33

I really like the flat colors in football.  What I don't like is the bright, shiny gold like Notre Dame uses.

SONofHAM

I think many are missing the point.  This isn't about the color.  Coach B tweeting this was brilliant.  It's the first time anyone has seen this design from Riddell publicly.  Darren Rovell just tweeted the pic.  It basically brands us as being at the forefront of safety. 

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 43m

New Riddell helmet claims to be able to relay significance of head impact to sideline pic.twitter.com/flmOIBTwjl

fortsmithokie

Quote from: SONofHAM on March 21, 2014, 04:29:43 pm
I think many are missing the point.  This isn't about the color.  Coach B tweeting this was brilliant.  It's the first time anyone has seen this design from Riddell publicly.  Darren Rovell just tweeted the pic.  It basically brands us as being at the forefront of safety. 

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 43m

New Riddell helmet claims to be able to relay significance of head impact to sideline pic.twitter.com/flmOIBTwjl

SDSU announced they were moving to them in January and tweeted photos of the helmet.

jmark

Quote from: MJ2 on March 21, 2014, 12:50:23 pm
Just win.

^^ i like the color, even though its flat.  Razorbacks are dark red.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Tony Sloprano

Coach B tweeting this was brilliant.  It's the first time anyone has seen this design from Riddell publicly. 
Wrong.

Lol..........

sickboy

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on March 21, 2014, 07:16:42 pm
Wrong.

Lol..........

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: fortsmithokie on March 21, 2014, 05:19:31 pm
SDSU announced they were moving to them in January and tweeted photos of the helmet.

I bet all three SDSU followers saw it................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

870hogfan

Someone told me Coach Bielema didn't care about safety only agenda....

Cotton

Some of you will disagree with this, but if you think these 18-20 year old kids are that concerned about safety that, you're mistaken.

The majority of players are competitors that will lie and say anything to stay in the game. Now you have the potential of helmet technology saying you can't play anymore when you feel like you can.

I know safety is the important factor and the technology is great. But as a recruiting tool, it's not gonna change an 18 year olds mind like somebody alluded too.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cotton on March 22, 2014, 08:38:19 am
Some of you will disagree with this, but if you think these 18-20 year old kids are that concerned about safety that, you're mistaken.

The majority of players are competitors that will lie and say anything to stay in the game. Now you have the potential of helmet technology saying you can't play anymore when you feel like you can.

I know safety is the important factor and the technology is great. But as a recruiting tool, it's not gonna change an 18 year olds mind like somebody alluded too.

Did you play football?

Cotton

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 22, 2014, 08:54:26 am
Did you play football?
yes, at a higher level than 99% of this board.

You obviously didn't make it. Sorry buddy.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 22, 2014, 07:53:13 am
Someone told me Coach Bielema didn't care about safety only agenda....

Just like how Saban doesn't give a crap about his players, he just uses them and tosses them away.

LZH

Coach B tweeting this was brilliant.

Oh my God.  I guess this was just a matter of time.

I don't know how Beliema can even walk with so many guys in his shorts licking and kissing.

ricepig

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 22, 2014, 09:06:09 am
Oh my God.  I guess this was just a matter of time.

I don't know how Beliema can even walk with so many guys in his shorts licking and kissing.

The same way Bobby and Hootie did, very carefully.

jrhardy88

The kids may not worry too much about safety but their parents will.May be a part in steering recruits towards the Hogs,at least a little.
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on March 22, 2014, 09:23:09 am
The same way Bobby and Hootie did, very carefully.

Good point.

RNHog

My inside source in Fayetteville is telling me that hogville is full of crybabies.

870hogfan

Quote from: RNHog on March 22, 2014, 09:34:26 am
My inside source in Fayetteville is telling me that hogville is full of crybabies.

You are correct.